[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you people find new music to listen to? All I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1460430486937.png (71 KB, 441x437) Image search: [Google]
1460430486937.png
71 KB, 441x437
How do you people find new music to listen to? All I've been doing is listening to vidya/anime OSTs I like, and while that's fine and all, I feel like I'm missing out on something larger. How do people find "normal" stuff to listen to?

Sucks when someone asks what my favorite band is, too. Help me out here, robots.
>>
go to wikipedia, look for the broadest genre classifications, listen to one of each on youtube, choose those you prefer, listen to subcategories of those genres, choose those you prefer
>>
>>29778626
If a genre interests me I read a bit about the history of how it formed, listen to some of the classics/standards and then go based on similar artists to those.

It's been a long time since I've done that though. I've mostly been listening to doujin music recently.
>>
>>29778626
http://4chanmusic.wikia.com/wiki/Discovering_Music

If you already have an idea of what genres would appeal to you, just go to the essential charts section.
>>
Get pandora and make a _genre_ station
>>
Go look at lists on RYM or Pitchfork, which is how most people start, at least among 4chan types. Scaruffi is good too. Im not sure what to recommend to you off the bat because you're clearly a maximum plebeian -- radiohead?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.