[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Move away for college?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1458938699793.jpg (76 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1458938699793.jpg
76 KB, 540x720
My parents force me to go to college next year.

Should I go to the university 1 hour away from where I live or move to another state?

What would you do robots?
>>
Are they paying for it? Other state. Are you paying for it? Go to community college for first 2 years then transfer. Will be much cheaper. Also don't get some meme degree like computer science or economics. Become a CPA and enjoy the paycheck and work life balance. Tolerate the boring job.
>>
Well it depends desu, I moved away but my life is just as shit, if not even more so because my only friends were in my hometown and I barely get to see them anymore. If you're not weird then maybe you can make friends and have a good time if you move out. Living without parents is still pretty fun cos you can pretty much do whatever you want. On the other hand, you don't get any of the useful stuff they used to do for you. Even though I really hate my current situation, I would still choose it again because I know I'd hate living at home even more, despite having friends there. Deciding to move or stay is really something only you can decide for yourself.
Good luck
>>
>>29777769
They are paying. Why is CS a meme? That's the one I wanna study.
>>
>>29777962

>paying for a degree to learn something that actual successful programmers started on their own when they were a kid
>thinking you need a CS degree to get a job programming

Jesus Christ don't be that big of a cuck.
>>
As an anon who chose to commute, move to another state.

You are more likely to make friends and be more involved on campus, you have the freedom of having people over without mom and dad, you can learn to manage yourself and feel out your independence, and you get into a different mindset. When you commute, it just feels like high school 2.0. Just waiting for your last class so that you can go home, eat dinner your mom made, and browse 4chan for hours on end.
>>
another state
>>
>>29777729
Another state if you want to grow up and even begin to have a chance at making friends or having sex.
>>
>>29777729
1 hour away is good, far enough for distane but close enough if you ever need anything
>>
>>29777729
>Life changing experience

vs

>muh comfort zone

you already know the answer.
>>
>>29778099
>>29778081
>>29778011
>>29777954
What if I go to the nearby uni but live in a dorm? It's 1 hour home but I will at least live on campus. Would that be a good idea?
>>
>>29778151
yes, easily a good call
>>
>>29778151
Yeah that's fine and actually a pretty good setup because you can get food or whatever from home. Just don't spend the weekends at home too much.
>>
>>29778151

Sure. Alternatively you could live in an apartment off campus, but still in the same city as the school. I might be doing this soon
>>
>>29778171
i would reccomend this for like junior year and onward
>>
>>29778151
People do actually do that quite often here in the UK, and they do seem to enjoy their experiences. If the costs don't bother you than it seems like a good bet in your situation. The actual uni itself is super important though, you have to decide which one of the unis you're looking at you'd enjoy attending the most. I read above you're studying comp sci? You're going to want to look at the specific comp sci courses provided by each university and visit the campuses to see if you'd enjoy studying there.
>>
>>29778216
Yeah, I figured I had to do that. I'll probably visit them both once the semester starts.
>>
>>29777844
you should probably go an hour away, they won't antagonize you and if you do want to go home you can simply drive home.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.