[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you just join the military robots? >inb4 I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5
File: manifold.jpg (113 KB, 525x521) Image search: [Google]
manifold.jpg
113 KB, 525x521
Why don't you just join the military robots?

>inb4 I don't want to Le die for le jews

95% of the military is non combat
>>
I'm in the military, it's a waste of time.
Except for me, I'm a tranny and the taxpayer will pay for it.
>>
Because fuck you
>check em
>>
don't think they accept people with a medical history of anxiety and depression
>>
Everyone should join the military for free college
>>
>>29777717
>they check my medical records
>depression

"thank you for your interest but we regret to inform you..."
>>
I did, I sat around in the desert doing busy work and then I sat around in germany doing busy work while fucking prostitutes when I had time off
>>
i thought about joining the coast guard if my shit goes wrong since being a waterpolieceman doesn't sound too bad. i wouldn't want to move to an undesirable area but if my shits fucked then i guess i don't have much of a choice.
>>
>>29777756
>>29777768
>telling the truth at MEPS
It's like you don't want to serve.
>>
>>29777791
I'm Australian. Think we have a tougher process compared to murrica.
>>
I've thought about it before. Getting to travel to distant places, free college, respectable. I just really don't like authority scenarios where i'm supposed to bow down to someone... Which is pretty much mandatory in the military. I also don't know that i would get along with my peers as i tend to not like the type of people that want to go out and join the military. If you can convince me otherwise OP, i will listen and consider your points.
>>
It's hard to get into. They have a 80% rejection rate for high school graduates. I have a GED so my odds of getting in are less than 1%. I'm 22 and have been applying every year since I turned 18 for the Navy. I'm thinking of just getting my TWIC and becoming a merchant mariner.
>>
If I could find a job in the Military that seems enjoyable to me

I may have to though but I'm viewing it as a 4 year prison sentence
>>
I dont want to work for jews either
>>
>>29777717
I'm too busy watching anime, Painting warhammer figures, playing D&D solo adventures and playing vidya
>>
>>29777858
>I also don't know that i would get along with my peers as i tend to not like the type of people that want to go out and join the military

So much this.

And Im 28 and have a worthless BA now. I suck it up now everyday at work (my boss is dumb, 6 years younger than me, and he doesnt even have an AA), but I have a choice. I could quit tomorrow if I want without suffering too many consequences. You dont get that kind of choice in the military.
>>
Bootcamp sounds like hell to me. Getting yelled at really flares up my anxiety.
>>
>sat out of gym everyday because I found everyone intimidating
Yeah military sounds like an amazing idea
>>
>>29777717

is pic related a sword handle? or a horse cock? I legitimately cannot tell anymore.
>>
i can do 34 push ups and 54 situps am i in okay shape? i wanna join ive been running 2-3 times a week. cant run for more than 5 minutes though without walking yet
>>
why wud i
>>
Am I disqualified for having involuntary psych holds? You would think they would love lunatics.
>>
>>29778045
what this guy said right heree
>>
>>29777717
Military is wageslavery on hardcore difficulty and they can jail you if you tell them to fuck off
>>
>>2977717
Don't want to fight for the jews
Don't want to eat garbage food
Don't want to shave my head
It's probably filled with disgusting dikes and transvestites now
>>
>>29777717
Joining the military was the worst choice I've ever made. You may think you're miserable as some vidya playing neet but atleast you have free fucking will. Joining the military WILL NOT change you. If you're depressed going in, you'll only get worse. Waking up at 5am every morning to go run 6 miles is fucking miserable.

If for some reason your heart is set on joining, please go Air Force or Coast Guard. Everything is better for them, food, housing, general treatment, jobs. It's just unbelievably superior. Don't fall for the "I want to be hardcore :DD" meme like I did. It sucks.

- Airborne Infantry
>>
>>29778896
>tfw air national guard
>comfiest of the comfy
After bmt it gets really lax.
>>
>>29777777
sdfdafgfdhgfshfgh rfht
>>
Do you have the option to take a night shift in the military? Morning light literally makes me vomit.

Also do they give you antidepressants? I'm fine giving up weed if I can get some sick xanex or something.

I'm sure I can ace whatever test ASSVAB or whatever but obviously it's not just about doing the job.
>>
File: pvt pyle.jpg (33 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
pvt pyle.jpg
33 KB, 1280x720
>>29777717
this is what happens when robots join military
>>
I spoke with my local marine recruiter today, going to be taking the ASVAB tomorrow. Wish me luck, niggers.
>>
>>29777717
Is that a horsecock dildo?
>>
>>29778978
>national guard
>meaning anything

>>>>>Air national guard
>>>>>being any more military related than professional airsofters
>>29779179
>Night shifts

there's no night shifts. You wake up at about 5 (or 6 if you're on ez mode) and work till roughly 4-5pm. Sometimes you have 24 hour duty though. No antidepressants either, depression/suicidal will get you kicked out. ASVAB doesn't matter if you get past 80 I think.

>>29779285
>marines
m8 pls, you're just memeing yourself. Your life will be absolutely miserable. Just go Coast Guard if you want to do military. Hell try getting a cool job in the Air Force, there's tons of them
>>
>>29777791

>lie at meps
>go for security clearance
>no references and they check your medical history
>refused security clearance and sent to work in a kitchen for 4 fucking years

enjoy that route buddy
>>
>>29779244
pyle was a fat normie who got bullied so he got mad and killed himself and the drill sergeant

joker was more of a robot
>>
having played arma3 for 20 hours i can safely say that everyone in the military is a goofy mildly retarded beta and a lot of them have this weird kermit the frog speech pattern. they also find blabbering on about gun trivia somehow amusing
>>
>>29779677
>thinking thats what's gonna happen
What kind of /r9k/ autist is gonna need a security clearance anyway? Besides a secret is easy to get and they can't get your medical records unless you tell them you have insurance. Otherwise you 'didn't see the doctor much.'
>>
>>29779783

all of the jobs that arent bottom of the barrel require a sec clearance from what i heard
>>
>>29779836
>from what i heard
Stay in your fuckin lane.
>>
how bad is army bct? i wanna join but cant run more than 5 minutes without having to walk but i can do 34 pushups and and 54 situps. army basic seems cool but i would hate to get there and realize it isnt for me. my main concerns are bot veing physically fit and veing heckled by drill sergeants, how much does being screamed at suck, is it really that bad?
>>
>>29779995
Reception is the worst part of bct by far. Standing for 14-16 hours a day for like 4 days, only like 10 hours of sleep over the whole period. You'll be glad to actually get to basic by the time reception ends. Basic itself isn't too bad. They'll make you good at running but it won't be pleasant. Try to get to ~50 pushups and ~60 situps and it'll be a breeze. Overall it's really easy, I only finished it like 9 months ago or so, so I remember it fairly well. The people will annoy the shit out of you, ds are retarded. Most of it is just stupid mind games.
>>
>>29780599
how good at running should i try to get to? i can run about 2 miles in 19 minutes but its literally halfwalking im doing that couch to 5k 3 times a week usually
>>
>>29777777

gosh golly
>>
>>29777717
>Why don't you just join the military robots?
Because I have an IQ over 89
>>
>>29777777

just checking this post
>>
>>29777717
I've thought about it when I was 17-18 because I didn't really have anything to look forward to, but I wear glasses, meaning that I am automatically out.
>>
I havent given up yet. Signing for military is like giving up on life. People who are not passionate about anything, people with nothing in their lives usually do that so someone will give them a false sense of purpose. Its fine if you are like a literal robot with nothing to live for anymore, but outside of that, its a waste of time. Not to mention all the intolerable people you will have to interact daily there.
>>
Too old to enlist, don't have a degree so can't become an officer.

If I somehow finish college in the next two years and have nothing better to do, I might try for a commission in some kind of intel or PR role or similar office job.
>>
>>29780657
really good, you'll be running 5-8 miles 2-3 times a week once you get to your unit. I would advise you ONCE AGAIN to go air force or coast guard. All the same benefits, much better life. Hell it's even an enjoyable life. Army is full of retarded bullshit that makes everyone either angry, depressed or insanely apathetic.
>>
>>29777717
Tried, didn't pass the medical.
>>
>>29781148
tons of people wear glasses, that's a bullshit excuse
>>
>>29777758
That's a meme from a past age. You get a fraction, better to just stay in Tbqh and take advantage of online classes. I used to look down on people like me until I tried my ass off for years and still ended up where they were. Men really do have it tough
>>
>>29777758
No the military doesn't accept people who have been on certain medications. They will accept most mental illnesses.

Military is more concerned with abuse of drugs than any potential unstable gunmen.
>>
is that a horsecock? do they have horsecocks in the military?
>>
>>29777863
I'm a high school dropout and got in no problem. Probably because I got my associates, though.

>>29777904
We do all of that on the ship during underways. I'm an electronics technician on a ddg. 90% of our time underway is waiting for something to break and cleaning stations. You can either work out in a shitty gym that smells like absolute dirty rectum and probably will give you mrsa, or you can chill in the air conditioned spaces and play games with the other nerds. It made being trapped in a rusty watercoffin fairly tolerable for that month.

>>29779179
>option
You might get put on nights, but you really don't get much say.
>>
>>29777717
my dad was in the marines and he said he would kill me if i ever thought about joining
>>
Already know all the women are whores who should be avoided. How's the gay stuff does it ever go past the expected hazing?
>>
>>29778045
Go talk to a recruiter you're pretty close to the minimum for basic just gotta work on running
>>
>>29777717
Poor fitness
Poor social skills
Lazy
Not dedicated.

I'm also an active campaigner to split my country in half. The last thing I'd need is to be sent away with those who want to die for king and country.
>>
I'd have liked to have joined but I'm female (actually biologically female, not a trap) and I'm kind of old fashioned... I'd love to have military training but I feel it's a male job in a male environment... Females probably fuck that equilibrium up.
>>
>>29777717

>would have done exactly this but ended up diabetic two months before being sent of

One of the last career paths open to me and it's gone. Will someone with military training send me a fucking mail bomb already? Christ.
>>
>>29777717
I didn't pass MEPS.
>>
>>29777717
I'd love to. But I'm not allowed to serve because of medical issues. So it's fast food for me.
>>
>>29779783
Yes they can. They have access to everything.

They caught me halfway through basic and kicked my ass out.
>>
>>29777717
About to get out, 43 days in my four year contract. All it did was give me bad knees and a drinking problem.
>>
>>29782872
Actually they can't a good friend of mine had broken his leg and had childhood asthma, which is a disqualifier, and he is doing great, your records stay at the hospital and not even the gov't has access to those as they are confidential
>>
>>29777717
Even if I wanted to, I live alone. I don't want to leave my house unattended for months while at basic training, or if I were to get deployed, be away from my house for any extended period of time basically. I don't think I have anybody to keep an eye on it regularly.
>>
>>29782952
>They didn't look, so that means they can't.

Once he has any issue at all they will check and he'll have to sit down for the talk.
>>
>>29777791
>>29779677
>>29779783
>>29779836
>>29782872

can lying about past drug use get me disqualified and kicked out? Let's say I make it past MEPS but need to get a sec clearance / TS. even if they find out but I tell everything on the clearance does it matter. I have no past medical / mental issues
>>
>>29783029
With all the nigs they let in there's no way it could.
>>
I'm seriously considering going for the navy eod. It seems like itd be a fun challenge. Who wants a normal wagecuck job working for the weekend? Fuck that life id rather be helping people and blowing shit up.
>>
>>29777717
>medical history filled with depression, anxiety amd aspergers
>nearly blind
>flat feet
Yeah I don't think anyone would take me.
>>
Because in Australia you need 3 years full time work experience or a degree of some sort and one year full time work experience. Also you have to seem like an outdoorsy type. Why? Fuck knows why, but apparently when you tell them "I'm here to get a full time job because youth unemployment is over 30% and the ones that count as employed are pretty much only casual or part-time" they consider you a loser.
>>
>>29777717

If you can't get into the military in your own country, then fly to france and join their foreign legion.
>>
>>29783319
>3 years full time work experience

Would being a used car salesman for 3 years really help you shoot a rifle?
>>
>>29783393
According to them it shows character. Straya.
>>
>>29777717
asthma
le bloxriginal

checking
>>29777777
>>
>>29783442
Just say you ran your own business.

Sell some lemonade, have a bake sale or whatever the Aussie equivalent is
>>
>>29783529
Nigga, they wanted proof. References. Pay statements. I had to dig up my fucking pay statements from when I was 14 and worked at an electronics store on weekends if I wanted to claim it as part of my working history.
>>
>>29777717
I always had a weak health. My country had drafting when I was younger and I got the worst rating (absolutely unfit for anything).
>>
OP, I joined the AF, and it helped slightly but I still have the same crushing depression and crippling lack of motivation I did before I enlisted.

>join AF
>all of basic training is suffering
>all of tech school is suffering
>vast majority of operational is suffering
>get discharged for PT failures because I'm not an athletic normie
>end up with barely any veteran benefits
>I guess the free technical training and professional work experience was worth it
>>
>>29783572
Oh yeah I've heard that koalacunts are anal about that shit.
>looked into working abroad, starting new life down undah
>Australian resumes include all work experience and education, ever. WTF?
>>
>>29783622
What you couldn't run a mile?
>>
File: They-Live.jpg (51 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
They-Live.jpg
51 KB, 630x420
>>29777717
Fuck off uncle sam, your recruitment campaigns have always sucked.
>>
>tfw poorfag neet with no prospects for the future, low self-esteem, no ambition, and am a scrawny manlet weakling with a history of epilepsy (haven't had a seizure in 5 years and am off medicine though)
I don't think I'd get in
>>
>>29777777
What are those sexts, I wonder?
>>
>>29777717
>dad was discharged because he had a heart condition
>i likely have it too
>depression
>bad knees
>poor eyesight

even if i wanted to i'd be denied
>>
File: 1467591977843.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1467591977843.gif
2 MB, 320x180
>Go to the military
>War starts
>all of you faggots get send to death

Great career path
>>
I really want to. It's something I've always wanted to do. I'm just waiting to get my diploma so that I can enlist into the marines.
>>
>>29785103
>joining the marines
>in peacetime
>ever

Enjoy being a boot surrounded by chad meatheads.
>>
>Serving the Jews even in a non-combat role
Besides, who gives a shit about the military.
>>
File: 1467559486482.jpg (229 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
1467559486482.jpg
229 KB, 500x705
>>29777717
>beeing a cyborg
>loving intellectual things like art, history and classical music
>hates sports in any form
>"y u no army???!?!?!?!"
>"don't you enjoy beeing around meatheads who can do nothing but take orders to scrubb tanks or run for miles in a forrest?"

nah i'm fine
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.