[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this shit so fucking violent? Is Berserk the definition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Berserk_Head.jpg (346 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Berserk_Head.jpg
346 KB, 1024x768
Why is this shit so fucking violent? Is Berserk the definition of ultraviolence or something? Seriously, not even GoT comes close to the stuff in this.
>>
Should I watch the new anime /r9k/?
>>
>>29773578
No, the animation is shit, the Berserk musou game looks better and has a higher frame rate but it's not out yet and is a musou game
>>
File: 1467772842799.jpg (43 KB, 538x593) Image search: [Google]
1467772842799.jpg
43 KB, 538x593
>>29773383
>Is Berserk the definition of ultraviolence

Yes. This is an edgy 90's manga. It's pretty good though. I like the idea of man becoming superhuman by defying fate. "The Struggler" indeed.
>>
File: grasses.png (58 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
grasses.png
58 KB, 300x250
>>29773578

>New anime

Fuck no

>Old anime

yes
>>
>>29773383
its pretty tame in anime/manga terms. its just another le hardcore brutal theme. dime a dozen desu https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Mw47Gmy2A
>>
>>29773670
Defying fate impossible by definition, is it not? More like defying God, or being against all odds.

Also it could be a lot worse. I.e. the demon carving out Guts' eye for instance, or that thing actually fucking Caska's guts out with the spike.
>>
im not going to lie, i cant get into berserk. every time ive treid to give the manga or the anime a chance, guts just seems like such an unlikable arrogant cocksucker.
>>
>>29773825
get past volume 3 then come back
>>
>>29773383
>not even GoT...
Do you actually think GoT is violent or something? Oh you poor innocent child.
>>
Berserk ultraviolence? Kek

I've seen far worse to be honest...
>>
>>29773383

>Compares a godtier title like BERSERK to that shitty hollywod typical muricunt series same as all the others made for cunts with no real violence at all

> Thinks Berserk is ultraviolence

OP is a faggot AND a pussy
>>
>>29773864
>>29773942
>>29774009
OW the EDGE

dfhgfdhdhtrsu7r
>>
>>29773864
>>29773942
>>29774009
Berserk and GoT are compared to one another a lot (for whatever reason). Berserk is considered dark fantasy, and so is GoT to a degree. But seriously, what other recent dark fantasies are there (and I mean ones that are decent)? I can only think of three that have garnered such popularity as of late: Berserk, The Witcher, and GoT.

Say what you want but not even The Witcher is as violent as Berserk. Even the rape is detailed in the manga.
>>
>>29773756
Please tell me none of those were serious right? Not even to sound edgy but that shit was hilarious, almost Looney Toons style.
>>
>>29774157
The witcher is not even violent ahahah
Oh dear you innocent creatures...

Comparing those two shits to Berserk is really blaspheme, not even far lightyears close to any minimum violence

And even if Berserk is somewhat "violent" it still is medium compared to more extreme works now existing

Is r9k really this much of a faggotry? I remember being shocked many times by just having a sip of what was suggested in /b/ or somewhere else
>>
Ichi and Shigurui are aleady more violent I think...
>>
If you want gratuitous violence read Gantz
>>
>>29773761
>Defying fate impossible by definition, is it not?

Well that's the basis for Guts being an horrible person, no matter how much he tries to avoid his fate, it keeps coming back every night (quite litteraly). Each of his victories are merely drawbacks for destiny.
The last volumes have been surprisingly softs, I guess the author is waiting to surprise us. Or maybe he just went soft.

> When did Berserk become One Piece?
>>
>>29774596
You're missing a key point of Guts and Cascas character, that being that by sheer virtue of surviving the eclipse they are no longer bound by the threads of causality
They were fated to die during the eclipse, that fate has been denied thanks to the Skull Knight who also resides outside of causality
>>
File: 1465968326516.jpg (8 KB, 269x211) Image search: [Google]
1465968326516.jpg
8 KB, 269x211
>>29773383
>Game of Normalfaggots
Fuck off
>>
File: 1416883322307.gif (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1416883322307.gif
1 MB, 480x360
Berserk is god tier.
It's extremely violent but it never feels try hard. Every death seems to make sense.
GoT feels kind of tryhard but it's still a watchable show.
>>29774219
The point of the show was just to animate as much needless brutality as possible.
It might have been shocking before seeing gore, but yeah, now its pretty funny. Especially the rabbits.
>>29774523
Gantz is pretty fun too.
>>29773942
Care to share?
>>
>>29774816

Easily triggered, huh? Poor baby.
>>
>>29775347
>hurr pretending to be retarded etc
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.