[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, robots. A lot of you are drunks. I want to know how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: alcoholismkills.gif (517 KB, 1440x643) Image search: [Google]
alcoholismkills.gif
517 KB, 1440x643
Alright, robots. A lot of you are drunks. I want to know how fast you drink. Say you've had a bad day, and a pint of vodka is in front of you.

How fast does it fly down your gullet?
>>
A bottle of vodka lasts me half a year, im not a heavy drinker. Most of my time is wasted eating and on the internet.
>>
I don't drink vodka on a bay day. I drink beer, wine or whiskey.
Right now I'm chugging down a beer. It's the third one in the last hour. It's a lazy day.
>>
File: 314bzB+EPAL[1].jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
314bzB+EPAL[1].jpg
10 KB, 300x300
Vodka is disgusting.

I'll drink 4 bottles of pic related over the course of maybe 2-3 hours.

Also, 2 joints.
>>
>>29772601
OP here. Weed helps a lot to keep stomach issues at bay. What's the ABV on that? If it's above 20, I'd suggest grabbing some generic omeprazole to keep from tearing holes in your stomach lining.

I finished my pint since starting the thread. The world still doesn't feel any softer. Fuck.
>>
>>29772637

I'm not sure, but it's definitely well below 20. Probably about 6 or 7 at the most.

Being a lightweight has its advantages.
>>
>>29772666
Rock on. Didn't notice the beer cap, thought it was a liqueur. Weed will do you fine. Just be really fucking careful if a doc or shrink ever gives you valium/diazepram, because then it will rape every part of your world sideways and whimpering, and not in the good way.
>>
>>29772755
>valium/diazepram

Will it make you sick? Or make you trip balls till you're in the n-th dimension?
>>
my paper stopped carrying funky winkerbean, but goddamn was it good for a laugh

How... how have you been since your wife died of cancer Funk-man?

I've been different.

Etc, man this nigger author is insane
>>
>>29772834
On its own, it's mostly harmless and helps a lot with anxiety. It only makes you sick if you WILDLY overdose. But if you drink alcohol with even a mild dose, it'll fuck your world up in an entirely negative way.
>>
>>29772884

I feel like everyone on 4chan is an expert on prescription drugs. Maybe I should go to a shrink and make up some disorder to get free drugs.
>>
>>29772970
>Make up some disorder

Nah, dude, just be honest on everything EXCEPT thoughts of suicide and they'll fucking push them on you like drug dealers.

And if you're on Medicaid, prescriptions are cheap as everliving SHIT!
>>
>>29773017
>EXCEPT thoughts of suicide

Actually, that's the only thing I would be honest about.

I'm just a little bit paranoid. I'm afraid I'll go in there, stutter something about wanting to die, and they'll laugh me out of the office "you're not suicidal, get out of here, retard".
>>
>>29773074
Anon, that's a really good way to get an involuntary psychiatric hold, and those make you crazier than when you went in.

...Sorry for the bad news, fella, but I've seen it happen.
>>
>>29773093

You can be legally detained if these people suspect that you are suicidal? I figured if they really believed me, they would just give me some pills and tell me to fuck off.
>>
>>29773160
In Yankland, yes.
>>
>>29772873
yeah, i want to know so bad why the hell it's even in the comics. i don't get it.
>>
>>29772351
>1 pint of vodka
Fucking pussy shit, seriously. I can chug that whole thing and just be starting to get drunk.
Give me a handle of rum and it'll be gone within 2 days though
>>
>>29773298
I can't buy handles anymore, anon.

I drank a handle until there was a quarter inch of vodka scum at the bottom at puked at the wall hard enough to strip the paint off. I kept drinking handles for two years after that, with that caution in mind. Then I went through the fucking DTs.

Ever hallucinated from a brain fever? That WILL make you a pussy.
>>
This is probably how I'm gonna kill myself.
>>
>>29773392
>DTs
Fuck, I've never experienced this, but I bet it's absolute shit. I've hallucinated from migraines after smoking too many blunts, but that's an entirely different hell.
My tolerance just fucking skyrockets if I drink two nights in a row. Like I can handle double the booze the second night.
If I go a full week... Then I lose the ability to get drunk off amounts of liquor that won't kill me. So generally that's when I end every major binge. Then I wake up sober the next morning and realize that reality actually exists, and that my particular reality sucks enough balls that I have to numb it with drugs.
It's just an infinitely deep hole... There is no bottom, only death.
>>
>>29773524
Don't do it anon. Seriously. I've nearly died from drinking too many times... And when you survive it you'll wish you fucking hadn't.

On a very related note: NEVER EVER drink Guinness and tequila in the same night. That hangover was worse than ANY pain I've experienced in my entire life, without exaggeration.
>>
>>29773712
It's... I'd say "a weaker man than me would call it a religious experience," but there's a lingering doubt that I just missed the point and actually caught a glimpse of hell. And I'm an atheist. I was begging for a god or goddess or demon or one of my exes or a friend or a unicorn to come save me.

There is worse. There is always worse. Goddamn but there is always worse and it horrifies me. Claw your way back up, man. Do it before you're half shattered. My hands don't work right when I'm not typing, and I'm typoing more than I ever used to.
>>
>>29773955
What's wrong with freezing to death? I'll drink enough alcohol to pass out and then die of hypothermia in sleep. One of my relatives died this way when he was drinking with friends and they forgot him outside.
>>
>>29774025
OP here. If I decide to go, I'll take a long walk without a coat in the middle of winter. Winter makes me happy-- If I need to go then, the feeling's right.

You ain't wrong. It ain't horrible, especially if you're drunk to incoherency. But there are other pleasures. New ways of living. New places.

I don't endorse that life trap, where if you move and find a new life and lifestyle, everything will be alright. No, that's bullshit. It all requires work. But sometimes that work leads to you building, piece by painful fucking piece, a life you're actually proud of. I've seen a lot of gnarly shit, but I've seen that, too.
>>
>>29774025
I'm saying if somehow you miraculously survive the blizzard, you will feel like absolute shit. Someone might find you laying there and save your life. Then you'll just look like another shitfaced drunken hobo in the emergency room, all while experiencing a hangover so bad it feels like you won't survive it. Do you really want that, anon?
>>
>>29775410
I will make sure I don't. Trust me.
>>
>>29775443
DT Anon and OP here.

For the DTs, you just... can't. You're going through a hell you can't even imagine. Before that I did a ton of hallucinogens in bad mindsets and settings, and they didn't even compare.

I'd wager a hypothermia frostbite hangover with nerve damage would be worse, in all honesty.
>>
>>29775598
Sorry for being a retard, but what are DTs?
>>
>>29775824
No need to apologize, if you ain't an alkie. It's what folks call Delirium Tremens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens

Basically, it's the worst possible result of withdrawal from alcohol. And it can kill your ass. As far as I'm concerned, that's the lucky outcome.
>>
>>29775824
FUCK YOU FUCK YOU I KNOCKED OVER MY LAST SHOT EXPLAINING THAT SUFFER IN HELL YOU GODDAMN INFIDEL
>>
>>29775598
>>29775904

I rarely drink so my tolerance is relatively low. I guess hiding in some sort of forest would suffice.
Thanks anyways.

Why the fuck am I even thinking about this? G oddamn. My life isn't that bad, is it? There's a lot of things to reconsider. Hell.
>>
>>29775598
I imagine DT being like taking 2 tabs of acid and an eighth of shrooms, then getting punched in the face by mike tyson
>>
>>29776041
The way I see it, as long as I have friends I can be happy. Other entities confined in the same reality that you can relate to. I don't need sex. I don't need romance. I've learned to live without it with this mentality. Doing acid helped too.
Seriously, I used to want to kill my virgin ass for being so unattractive and shitty with women. But then I realized that life is fucking amazing, and that sex is hardly the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>29776254
I'm generally bad at talking to people. My best hope is I will go live alone somewhere to the forests or idk.
>>
>>29776349
I'm bad at talking to people too, but every once in a while you find someone who's just as weird as you that you can chill with. It's partially because I smoke weed though... That's how I make friends most of the time. Drugs make socializing easier, but aren't really the only thing that helped me make friends. I didn't have ANY friends for the first 16 years of my life, then I decided to put in a little effort (actually a shit ton of effort, like enough to write a book on living with severe autism) and here I am. I'm no longer suicidal, either.

Don't get me wrong, I still have plenty of lonely, depressing time to myself. But that's what 4chan is for.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.