[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone here been perscribed benzos? Should I try and ask
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 300x197) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 300x197
Has anyone here been perscribed benzos? Should I try and ask my doctor for them or just say I have anxiety?

How can I tell my anxiety from panic attacks? I have random spells where I get anxious as fuck (sweat, heart beats or skips a beat it feels like, hands sweat or feel tingly, shortness of breath) but I don't know if it's a full blown panic attack. It takes me out of my head a little bit and stresses me the fuck out but I never really start grabbing shit or freeze up (too much) or fall over or anything. I tried ssri for depression/anxiety when I was young and had bad side effects and I'm a little scared of the Doctor pushing them

I know 3 people perscribed Xanax for their anxiety and one of my friends let me try hers and it worked pretty good. I took 2 .5 mg, should I tell my doctor I tried Xanax and that's what I want? I've been perscribed Ritalin for almost half my life and I never really exhibited drug seeking behavior and I've never asked my doctor for a scheduled drug besides the Ritalin I was already on.

TLDR: has anyone here got perscribed benzos? Should I
mention me trying it before to my doctor or should I not even bring up the word Xanax at all? I've been perscribed ssri's in the past and they haven't done much
>>
Never ask for Benzos. The only way you will get benzos is if the doctor comes to the conclusion on his own that you need them.
>>
>>29771977
Can I at least mention I don't like anti depressants and beta blockers for their side effects or does it look like I'm researching too much?

I might actually be fine with a Benzo+beta blocker combination but I would only want the beta blocker here and there not every single day
>>
File: lahey.jpg (123 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
lahey.jpg
123 KB, 1252x1252
>>29771929
Just don't take benzos with alcohol.
I got prescribed bezos during alcohol detox and in my 5 years of being drunk all the time I only fucked up really bad twice and the two times were when I took benzos and alcohol together. Once I punched a retarded (medically retarded) guy because I panicked when he was talking to me. I'm still ashamed of it 2 years later. The second time, I took my car and destroyed it. I hadn't drank a lot, like about 5 shots of booze but was on a high dose of benzo.
>>
>>29772047
can you tell me the negative effects of beta blockers?

i was thinking about it for my anxiety but haven't researched yet
>>
>>29771977

This. I have had a benzo prescription in the past and it's still hard to get my pdoc to give me more.

You generally want to go in complaining of anxiety and at some point slip in a phrase like "is there something i can take temporarily if anxiety gets really bad?"
>>
Yea, don't comment specifically that you want benzos. Just describe your anxiety, how it's crippling your life, etc. They might prescribe you some supbar shit like Buspar, go back and tell them it didn't help. That's how I got on Klonopin. I was on 2 mg but built up a tolerance and asked my doctor if we could try 3 mg and she refused. "I don't think it's a good idea, blah blah blah". Found a new psych who is way more cool and gives me the 3 mg prescription with 3 month refills. He wants to get me off the drug thought because I am physically addicted to it, which I admitted to him...
>>
>>29772673
Well it's mostly for physical symptoms like heart beating and shit like that it doesn't help with anxiety and I haven't read up too much but they cause death in high doses and benzos don't
>>
Getting on benzos isnt that hard depending where you live and what your doctors like. I was a former heroin addict and i ended up getting on 4 mg of klonopin a day, Just by saying bs Panic attacks etc etc.

Now let me say klonopin helped out tons with my anxiety and panic attacks at first. After about 1 year on them i could no longer feel excitement or happiness. Hard to describe but i decided to get off them. Took about 2 1/2 months for the wds to stop. Just imagine your anxiety multiplied by 10 thats what the wd is like. Not too bad but stil not worth the short anxiety relief imo
>>
>>29773082
What would you say the anxiety attacks are about?

Mine come on randomly even mowing the lawn and smoking a cigarette and I usually freak out about getting older, future/finances, current life situations and etc but not really death or car crashes like I saw on Google.

I can still function during an "attack" but it pulls me out of my mind and I go a little blank I'm not sure if that's a panic attack or not
>>
If you actually want to treat your anxiety the best proven treatment is an SSRI. If you're a fuckwad just looking to get high get a benzo

Beta blockers are better for symptomatic control of performance anxiety like taken literally 20mins before you give a speech.

T. Medfag
>>
>>29773133
I tried ssri as a kid and it made me gain weight/lose sexual interest/brain fog/lethargic

It might be a better solution for some people but I've tried and I've tried Xanax before and I would definitely say the Benzo is the better option especially since my anxiety comes on so fast. I mean it IS perscribed for anxiety
>>
>>29772855

(not OP)
I'm on Buspar now and trying to slowly push towards benzos. The doc has already said "I don't want to give you a controlled substance" but I don't have a history of drug seeking behavior, addiction, or any positive drug tests. I think next appointment I'll mention some slight dissatisfaction with them, then go a little harder on the next appointment after that.

I don't even really want the benzos for me. I just know a girl who would love me a little more if I had some for her.
>>
>>29773216

You're right benzos are prescribed for anxiety and they are super good at what they do. But the fact everyone develops physical dependence and withdrawal can kill you and give you even worse rebound anxiety makes them not the best medication to be taking everyday. SSRIs are best evidence based long term maintenance med.
>>
>>29773272
I am op and my doctor already perscribed me Ritalin pretty freely. I even get it when I'm out of work, during the summer, and whenever I just get a script every month

Would he be comfortable with Xanax too or are benzos just a whole different animal because of the addiction?
>>
>>29771977
This. If you ask for benzos, it throws up a red flag to the doctor saying that you're a med seeker.

My suggestion, try the SSRI's first. You don't have to take them. On your follow-up, say they didn't work. Keep going through the med-go-round until eventually they'll prescribe them to you.
>>
>>29773118
I remember back when i lived in my basement i used to get them all the time when all i was doing was sitting at my computer. I think not talking to anyone for about 6 months and not going outside except for a smoke. probably had a huge effect not sure what caused them though wish i knew as now im iust alittle bit better. probably just an shitty brain.

i used get them mowing the lawn and shoveling, thought my neighbors were always watching me for some reason. But i think the reason for this just comes down to not being confident for me atleast.
>>
>take 1
>this must be what feeling normal is like
>take another trying to chase the feeling
>and another 2
>and another 8
>before I know it I take 40+ pills and I'm blacked out for 3 days straight locked in the bathroom slicing open my arms
every fucking time
>>
>>29773404

Never ever ever ever mention a drug like that by name to a doctor. Be patient and let them exhaust all the other options until all they can do is give you benzos. Keep making your problems sound a little more severe, or look up some uncommon side effects and claim you have them.
>>
>>29773438
Same exact thing here every time I'm alone it kicks in like fucking crazy, and then I have social anxiety so I'm just always panicking and freaking out.

>>29773432
Should I say something like "2 of my friends had the same problem and they had a medication I think they said it was a Benzo or something and they said they stuck with it because it worked so well"

I'm afraid he'll just put me on a non stop cycle of anti depressants. Like "oh, this one didn't work we can start you off with another ssri or a higher dose" and then he'll switch to "well we can try beta blockers and if one doesn't work we can try a few others" and I'm just stuck paying for shit pills for months on end
>>
>>29773552

There are two kinds of anti-anxiety meds. Benzos and Non-benzos.

They usually put you through several non-benzos first.

>Buspar
>Atarax
>Catapres
>Neurontin

Then there's the benzos

>Atavan
>Klonopin
>Librium
>Serax
>Valium
>Xanax
>Tranxene
>Restoril

They usually don't go to Xanax quickly.
>>
>>29773438
Also forgot to add during my panic attacks i was extremely convinced i was dying and having a heart attack. I remember one time in the kiddle of winter i went outside no shoes or sock and a tshirt and walked around my backyard just so if i died maybe my neighbors would see me but the cold ended up shocking me back to reality so i ended up doing this alot whenever that happened
>>
>>29773552

And don't mention if you drink at all. Benzos and alcohol are a big no-no.
>>
>>29773552
No. Don't ever mention benzos. Period. Mention your symptoms and try to build it up...making them worse over time.
>>
>>29773745
I'm not going to mention beer or cigarettes to make myself sound as non addictive as possible. I was thinking of telling him I tried a beer while I was out with friends to self medicate for anxiety because I wanted a quick fix though
>>
Its easy to get addicted to xanax and the withdrawals can be as bad as alcohol withdrawals.

That being said, they make you feel fantastic. Dont ask for benzos by name, and most of the time a psychiatrists perscribes them, not a normal physicial.
>>
>>29773452
I know that feel. Benzodiazepines destroy me in a way heroin and meth never could.
>>
>>29773765
Damn I wonder how those people got perscribed it. I wonder if they climbed up the ssri ladder or got Xanax straight away. They only get shitty as fuck .25 and .5 doses though, which would be fine.

I should also mention id prefer Xanax over any other Benzo
>>
>>29773776
My physician is all I have. I live in a shitty rural redneck fuck hole and the closest psychiatrist is an hour away and I'd have to start building my case with them with that crazy ass drive every week
>>
>>29773802

They gave me anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds, it's two different things.

If you are this impatient, find someone to buy them from. It's not hard. No, I'm not going to tell you how to find them. Make some social gains.
>>
>>29773862
I can buy small doses but here it is 3 dollars for a .5 dose. 30 dollars barely does anything. I really do need these perscribed I'm not a junkie drug seeking
>>
>>29772673
Low blood pressure. If you're reasonably healthy, it is unlikely that you could tolerate them. I took the absolute smallest dose of metoprolol, and even broke it in half and I could not tolerate it. Benzos are your safest bet, and there is also buspar, but it doesn't do shit for panic attacks.
>>
>>29773943
>$3 for .5
Are you fucking serious? I could turn $30 into enough benzo's to completely lose my mind for a month.
>>
>>29774083
Exactly that's why I need a fucking script

12 dollars for 2mg....
>>
>>29774153
Or you could just buy them online like all the intelligent self destructive retards.
>>
>>29774191
Like Instagram drug dealers or those rx sites? It's still like 300 dollars and I have insurance
>>
>>29774237
You have no idea what's out there, and I don't feel like teaching you.
>>
>>29773701
So just get the pills off my insurance and hope it doesn't cost too much and just throw them in the trash and complain that they don't work? Lol
>>
>>29773133
SSRIs made my dick not work and made me unable to process joy. Wanna know what makes a depressed motherfucker straight up hateful? That. Fuck you.
>>
>>29774593
Ssri's should be taken off the market
>>
>>29774644
They fucked me up. They saved a friend of mine. They are tools. Misunderstood tools. Now, a tool can be used for good or evil, but when you don't understand what the fuck you're doing with it, does it really matter which?

I don't think shrinks should have access to them. But then they wouldn't be sold on the black market. And folks should have self determination regarding their own mind and body, as far as I think.
>>
>>29774593

What SSRIs have you been on? They put me on Celexa. It doesn't feel like it's doing much, but my dick still works.
>>
>>29774877
Not that guy, but all Celexa did for me was fuck up my sleep schedule, give me weird dreams, and kill my sex drive.
>>
>>29774840
>I don't think shrinks should have access to them.

Why? Psychiatrists are the people who spend years of their lives studying these drugs and their effect on the human body. And it's not as if they force feed you meds if you aren't involuntarily committed to a psych ward.
>>
Why is this thread not about Benzo?
>>
>>29775135

Benzo the clown?
>>
>>29775094
Because, studied or not, their track record with them is fucking horrific and has led to way too many fucking horror stories like mine. When you mix in perceptions of earned authority and pharma reps pushing their specific SSRIs, then it actually becomes scummier than straight up drug dealing.
>>
>>29773337

An SSRI working on anxiety only works under the principle that whatever was causing the person's anxiety, keeping serotonin in some of its synapses longer hides it. It's a very hit-and-miss way to treat anxiety, AND one that fucks with serotonin levels. I would prescribe the benzos and recommend the person find a better shrink, while undertaking some "normie meme" activities like exercise and meditation, to get to the bottom of their anxiety
>>
>>29775261
Do you seriously think random fucks on the street would do a better job?
>>
>>29775315
So fucking with serotonin levels, but fucking around with GABA receptors isn't?
>>
>>29775346
Given that THEY MADE MY DICK NOT WORK WHEN I WAS SUICIDAL AND THE CUNT SAID THAT WAS A-OKAY, yes, I do.
>>
>>29775384

GABA receptors seem to respond to the imbalance by just going freaking crazy when the benzos get cutoff, whereas serotonin receptors actually get burnt out. Then again somebody who's been on Prozac or Xanax for five, ten years is gonna have an awful looking brain
>>
>>29775429
Oh gee, I'm so sorry to hear that. That's a much bigger deal than anything that could happen with your GABA receptors all fucked up.
>>
>>29775524
Yeah, sorry for going all juvenile capslock rage on you, but... after that, I really do think random ass drug dealers occasionally looking on Erowid and similar resources would do a better job than actual fucking shrinks, because the latter think that their difficult education means they know all, when in reality we learn staggering amounts more about every drug every year and that information is easy to access.
>>
I'm on Effexor now and it takes me forever to cum when I jack off. Sometimes I give up even though I'm still horny.

IMO Klonopin > Xanax. Klonopin I feel chilled out all day, on Xanax I got tired as fuck and just wanted to take a nap.
>>
>>29775943
When you already had a Benzo was it easy to get your doctor to let you switch to Xanax
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.