[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mental Illness General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1465654047413.jpg (35 KB, 435x512) Image search: [Google]
1465654047413.jpg
35 KB, 435x512
Who else /experiencing the final frontier of psychological torture/ here?

>schizoaffective
>Wake up today knowing something is up with me
>time feels like it's dialating
>feel like snipers are aiming at me through my window
>talking to myself in public
>rolling my head and eyes and blinking compulsively
>hearing whispers come from behind me
>confused as shit about what is going on
>feel dizzy because there is too much stimulation happening around me
>feel exhausted but agitated at the same time
>thoughts are racing so fast it feels like my heads gonna explode

Haha wake me up.
>>
That sounds pretty rad tbqh
>>
>>29770459
>feel like some monster's gonna kill me when I'm alone, because of monophobia
>have frequent sleep paralysis
>anxiety plus adhd pi makes me too attentive or inattentive as fuck
>make stupid arguments all the fucking time because of said disorders ^
>count my conditioner seconds before I wash it off, count the number of my toothbrush brushing itself, say goodnight n times such that it isn't a multiple of 6 or 13 to entities who may or may not exist
>insomniac, sleep for 11 hours or 6 hours
>2 to 3 hours before sleep thinking about everything that makes me anxious, or imagining unrealistic things with my adhd pi

I just want to sleep. Sleeping pills give me nightmares.
>>
>>29770832
It might sound interesting, but actually feeling like this is horrendous. I would kill 10 newborn babies with my bare hands if it would take it away.
>>
>>29771185
>insomniac, sleep for 11 hours or 6 hours
OP here. Get on my level. I cycle between sleeping 14 hours for 3 days and 3 hours for 3 days. It makes my condition much worse. Oddly enough, I have worse symptoms when I sleep too much. I feel almost normal when I get 3 hours of sleep.
>>
>>29771246
I feel for ya man. I'm so afraid of things which don't exist. at least I'm not hallucinating, yet.

I always expect something to appear, but it never does, never do.

Mostly my problems are insane anxiety (didn't enjoy the fireworks. The noise, the people.) and my really small attention span. Fuck, I can barely read greentexts anymore.

I have nyctophobia, monophobia, and generalized anxiety disorder comorbid with adhd pi.

Let's trade. Give me all your mental problems for my emotional ones. I'd kill for getting my attention span back without spending a fortune. I can't even enjoy videogames anymore. I can't read three or more long paragraphs. Or, I read and read again, but still don't get it. I can't do anything. I constantly tumble. I always injure myself, and my wounds take 5 years to heal even the smallest ones. I have five blotches on my left palm, a weird ball on my ear lobe, and two soft mushy brown skin on my two kneecaps.

I like conversations, I don't give my opinions about anything because I always offend someone, regardless of the validity of the argument.
>>
File: 1371805250752.jpg (120 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1371805250752.jpg
120 KB, 960x960
>diagnosed with OCD, bipolar type 1, sexual sadism and paraphilia NOS (necrophilia)
>currently in some pretty fucking intense therapy to treat it, after years of shit "therapy" that was useless at best and made me degenerate at worst
>part of the therapy is exposure therapy, which amongst some other fucked up shit requires me to confront my worst anxieties and intrusive thoughts IRL
>most of them involve homicide and necrophilia
>my therapist has instructed me to carry a knife with me (discreetly) and start small
>yesterday he gave me permission to work up to a larger knife
>tfw forced to go outside and be around strangers with a weapon on me
>my fucking face when I have to do this every day and report on how it went
the stress is almost unbearable, I know I can do this but holy shit is it awful. I get night terrors every fucking time I sleep, the compulsions to act on the intrusive thoughts are so strong that I've gotten sick at least several times a week from the stress. and I'm still managing to go to work (most days).

>>29771511
>tfw have mental and emotional problems
>tfw the ride never fucking ends
>>
>>29771720
I had OCD with intrusive thoughts together with anxiety disorder. Comfirm intrusive thoughts are living hell. Got Luvox and metacognitive therapy (cognitive therapy did not take, I was too smart) and I am fine now. There is hope anon. p.s. - if you go outside again with a knife, please wear a scarf?
>>
>>29771902
>Luvox
Unfortunately I can't take any SSRIs because of my bipolar disorder (it can trigger manic episodes or just make the disorder worse in general). I'm really happy for you that you're feeling better, it's so fucking nice to hear from someone that actually got help.

>please wear a scarf?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this.
>>
>>29771511
>Let's trade. Give me all your mental problems for my emotional ones.
I can't even do basic addition anymore because of my psychosis. I don't think you would want my brain.
>>
>>29771956
>please wear a scarf?
because it could get cold anon

but seriously, there is hope. these things can be fixed. not sure if it can be done without ssri though.... My problems were fixed in about one and a half year. After more tests I was now within the scope of being "normal" again fwiw. Hang in there, it will get better, I promise you.
>>
>>29771511
>Let's trade. Give me all your mental problems for my emotional ones.
Le mental illness contest
Kys
>>
p.s. scarf guy again here - will have to be on daily 150mg luvox/day for the rest of my life prolly but I don't care. All is better then that hell.
>>
I haven't showered in at least a week. Not sure exactly how long

my hair used to be so pretty
>>
File: 1459351562806.jpg (8 KB, 241x250) Image search: [Google]
1459351562806.jpg
8 KB, 241x250
>>29772027
Thank you very much for the words of encouragement. I'm currently on lithium, an antipsychotic, a beta blocker and an antidepressant, and with their powers combined the worst of my mental illness is under control. They just don't do anything for the intrusive thoughts, which is what the therapy is for. I think it's possible to reach a manageable point without SSRIs, it'll just be very difficult.

>>29772054
>mfw I'm going to be on lithium until my liver gives out and then I'll be absolutely fucked

>>29772123
That's not that bad compared to a lot of people here. Wait until you start developing rashes and sores from not bathing in so long.

In all seriousness though, you should try and go bathe. You'll immediately feel a lot better.
>>
File: 1396806514554.webm (2 MB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
1396806514554.webm
2 MB, 704x480
>tfw schizoid
>wake up
>fall asleep again
>get angry because it's 1pm and want to wake up earlier
>boot up PC
>rot there until it gets too hot and take a shower or two
>if mommy or daddy call, just lie I went outside with friends
>go to sleep at 3 AM
>never enjoy anything I do
>stalk people on facebook
could be worse
although I'm establishing my collection for the future
almost 300 favorites on sadpanda and I'm very picky with what I favorite
>>
>>29772182
>That's not that bad
yeah, I know. Still doesn't feel good.
>>
>>29770459
thats not how you use the slashes fucking idiot newcunt
>>
>>29772315
I've been posting since 2009 :^)
>>
hello friends

> have persistent anxiety related to unpreventable cataclysmic events and their relation to the end of my awareness

> the magnetic core of the earth stops rotating and the field is lost, allowing the earth to be bathed in a sea of cosmic energy as within minutes the surface is microwaved

> pacing around a grocery store with no items

> intermediate sized black holes roaming around our galaxy slips down the gravity well, consuming our system, for just a handful of seconds i am aware of people and shapes being contorted to absurd dimensions as the other side of the planet is absorbed into the event horizon

> solar output temporarily reaches an all time low, bathing the earth in dim light like the moon except a dull red, the great engine of entropy grinds to a halt and over just a few days a new and sudden ice age destroys most species

> the slim chance of these events occuring is offset by the fact that the effective probability of an equivalent event is 100%

> for one individual awareness the chance of an unpreventable and final event is 100%, reality or the universe might as well not exist after you leave it, so the difference between apocalypse and death is actually 0.0.

"hey man how are you"

> IM FUCKING GREAT, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, WHAT PROBLEM???
>>
>>29772950
how are you?

oregano.io
>>
I don't know if this is mental illness but I've started repeating words while talking.

For example, if someone asks me how my day went, I say "yeah, yeah, it was alright, yeah"

And I can't fucking control it, it's only a matter of time before I'm told to stop repeating everything like an autist.
>>
>>29773183
That's actually a common symptom of autism. You might want to get checked out.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.