[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being a wageslave. What is it like?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11
File: 123123.jpg (30 KB, 500x328) Image search: [Google]
123123.jpg
30 KB, 500x328
So I just finished university, done a meme degree. Looking for work.

my next life goal, my lot in life, is to work so I can earn so I can consume....then I die.

Tell me, all you wageslaves, what is it like?
>>
File: 1463696671667.jpg (12 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1463696671667.jpg
12 KB, 251x242
>>29770348
It's exhilarating. Better than sex.
>>
>>29770348
It's better than many of the alternatives.
>>
>>29770348
Miserable dog shit. Every day is the same and you can feel the life being sucked out of you
>>
>>29770348
I'm kind of living in both worlds right now.. In my last year of Master's degree and having a 20h/week job on the side since savings ran out.

In comparison, College fucking blows, I absolutely hate everything about it. The job is 10000times better in every single way.
I have to add that I don't have a meme degree and the guys at the office are really chill
>>
>>29770348
Which meme did you fall for OP
>>
>>29770348
It's better than being a NEET.

At least as a wageslave you meet people, you might even make friends and meet a girl and develop fond memories togather.

As a NEET it's just "oh I saw a Pepe and then I posted another Pepe" ever single day.

>muh free time

time is only free when it's freed up from a schedule, having free time all the time is just a waste of time since you think you have unlimited time and can't live on a schedule and are constantly putting things off for the tomorrow that never comes until your wake up one day and you're a balding 30 year old piss-bottler who has trash up to his ankles and still lives at home.
>>
>>29770992
This so much. I got my first job this summer, it's only part time but it's actually made my life better. I actually have interaction with women, even if they're only my female coworkers. I actually have a paycheck coming in, and I never knew how nice it was to look in my bank account every other week and see a couple hundred deposited in there. I also jerk off a lot less since I'm not as bored, and I enjoy my sessions a lot more.
>>
>>29770906
Music... lool.
>>
Being a wageslave is fine, but you REALLY need to have constructive hobbies.

If all you do is come home and fap/shitpost, you'll quickly become suicidal.
>>
>>29770992

You were never neet, you were an unemployed wagey. As a natural slave you have no agency and can only be happy doing what others tell you. Not everyone is advanced enough to be a neet. It's a calling.
>>
File: 452.png (598 KB, 600x878) Image search: [Google]
452.png
598 KB, 600x878
>>29771613
Well fuck. Good luck with that one my man.
>>
>>29771818
>advanced
>implying that NEETs aren't the real slave

nice bait, but I'll pass.
>>
>>29771912

LOL, how do you figure neets are the slaves? I guess that means white people deserve reparations from niggers because they were the real victims of plantations too.

You work for me to fund my lifestyle, I dedicate my time willingly towards my passions.
>>
>>29771912
>my chains will set me free
>>
>>29770348
>Tell me, all you wageslaves, what is it like?
I've worked several jobs.
Honestly, I prefer it to NEETdom, but mostly because I live with my parents and my father likes to find excuses to yell.
And it feels better to do 8 hours of labor and come home to rest feeling accomplished than to sit around all day, do a little excercise, learn a few things, but mostly kill time.
As far as socialization is concerned, I'm still a recluse.
>>
File: 1467677683492.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1467677683492.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
>>29771980

your chains are the social autism that arises from isolation and frogposting all day.

You could go out and meet a girl but you're too much of an autist to talk to a girl.

You could go out and grab some lunch by yourself but social anxiety stops you.

You could go out but you won't; you're trapped in the confines of your parent's home.
>>
>>29771978
>>29771980

As a NEET, you're entirely dependent on disability or unemployment or even mommy & daddy. You have no other option as a source of income.

As a wagie, you can get fired from your job or quit your job or lose your job, and you can always get another one. You have more freedom than a NEET who's tied down to government assistance and might lose it all tomorrow with no other alternative because he has no marketable skills or experience.

>I dedicate my time willingly towards my passions.

You're on r9k.
>>
can r9k start distinguishing between barely minimum-wage wageslavery and salaried white-collar positions
>>
>>29772092

As a neet I can always get a job if I ever get tired of government money and my parents house. I could move in with grandparents if I just needed a change of scenery, or I could just get my own place. My family owns land and I'm something of a handyman. I can buy an old camper or hit up the hardware store with $3k and get a badass neet castle. I have options. Either way you are forced to trade time for money, always a slave to the system instead of letting the system works for you. I don't understand your comment about being on /r9k/ though. Are you implying it's a job and only wagies can use it? That would explain why you think you should be here but not me.

There's lots of time in a day. I have my hobbies, passions, and leisurely pursuits. I can't exactly tinker while I'm tinkling and taking a shit. I can post from my phone. When you're a neet you can do multiple things a day. It's pretty neat.
>>
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
>>29770348
This must be the most horrible thing ever.
>>
>>29772247

There is no difference. If you aren't financially independent, as in the literal definition of the word, you are a wage slave. Does it really make any difference whether the manacles are gilded or rusted iron?
>>
>>29772575
>I can always get a job
Baiting a little too hard there buckaroo
>>
>>29772575
Yeah, nah. If you have no employment history, or a very large gap with no useful skillset, good luck getting any sort of job, even flipping burger.
>>29770348
It's better and worse than I expected. It's great to have loadsemoney, but so far I'm not having a blast. I too just graduated and started working 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>29772613
It's savage because it's true anon.

Entrepreneurship is the only acceptable alternative to NEETdom
>>
>>29772742

You forget were on the Internet. I can write and code. Besides that for entry level shit like hospital tech, environmental services, and security there is no experience or skillset needed, just impress them in the interview. Any company would be lucky to have me and they know it.
>>
>>29772793
So why aren't you employed, friendo? If you are so magnificent and skilled, why not apply your talents, make some money, and quite the ratrace?
>>
File: 1464382255123.jpg (567 KB, 800x611) Image search: [Google]
1464382255123.jpg
567 KB, 800x611
>>29770348
you want to cry out loud because you feel dead inside while you work and you wont have any energy left to do your hobbys so the only thing you do is watch youtube and browse 4chan until you go back to sleep
rinse and repeat
>>
>>29772793
>there is no experience or skillset needed, just impress them in the interview.

hahahahahhaa

Fuck off Jew.
>>
>>29772818

Because I never began the rat race. Why join in just to quit?
>>
>>29772973
Because my after tax income is several multiples of neetbux, because I get several weeks paid vacation, because I'll go nutty if I sit inside day after day leeching off society, my family, etc.
Sure, neetbux are nice, but I want money to have a nice apartment, eat delicious foods, and travel the world.
It was a great feeling ot get my first paycheck, and go drop several hundred on drinks and dinner, and not have to worry about it because I am financially independent enough to not sweat it. And with my savings rate, I'll be able to retire decades earlier than my peers.
>>
>>29773085
whats your job?

I just applied to be an admin officer at department of works and pensions. Some government post thing.
>>
>>29773153
Business analyst at a tech company. They're paying more than I expected, so I'm pretty happy.

Gov jobs are pretty chill. Guaranteed hours, decent pay, good healthcare and retirement, etc.
>>
>>29772793

haha no

companies aren't going to hire some neckbeard who has no work experience or degree and is 'self-taught'. If you truly are self taught and competent, companies will expect to see work/project experience instead of a degree. Even with a degree many companies will take a person who has even just a little experience or internships

tldr you don't know shit about life because you've never left the basement and seen it for yourself
>>
>>29770348
I make my money, I pay my meager rent, I quit my job, I dick around with videogames (or girls if I'm lucky) for a month or two, I lie on my resume, and then I get a new job paying 50 cents higher an hour.
>>
>>29772575
>As a neet I can always get a job

"Hello, I have autism and am also racist, sexist, homophobe and trans-phobic. I have no skills or will to learn, and also no experience and barely graduated high school. Give me a job with an immediate raise"
>>
It sucks but it's better than being a NEET
>>
>>29770348
Is fucking shit mate
>>
>>29773310
At least for night security, he's sadly right.

TLDR: You don't know the piss poor hiring standards of the folks who guard oilfield warehouses and probably make more than you do.
>>
>>29770348

If you can find a way to switch off and go on autopilot for work, then it isn't too terrible, it just passes time. You work, go home, sleep, wake up, work, go home, sleep, etc. the issue oddly enough comes on your days off, where you switch on again and the existential dread hits you, but once those are over, you're back to switching off in work. I've just come off 7 days straight in work, it didn't feel like 7 days because there wasn't any time for me to think about the passage of time beyond the next hour or so.

Just don't pay any attention to normie lies about "the perfect job for you", "a job you enjoy" and "job satifsaction" and "the value of work" because all that does is make you unable to fully switch off for work, instead spending time there in existential dread about how you're not fulfilling your "potential" and that a happy life is just around around the corner if you can only find the "right" job. That kind of mindset is certain to make every job seem dead-end and unfulfilling, because you're expecting fulfillment from something which doesn't do that. Jobs are for money to live. If you happen to enjoy something already and can make a living off that, then good for you, and if you find that you actually enjoy a job you have, then that's wonderful, but that's not what damn near the whole of the human race for the whole of its history has been doing, and it's worthwhile to remember that. The hunter-gather doesn't hunt and gather for vague ideas about personal self-actualization, but to eat.
>>
>>29770348
who /comfy wagie/ here?

>wakeup 0830, get ready and walk to work
>work 0900, make some toast and coffee
>help other wagies with computer issues, some are even qt
>1300 lunch and animu
>lunch time over at 1330, keep helping/fixing
>1700 walk home past chinatown, get takeaway
>1800 -> 0030 vidya

bretty good anon, still lots of time for vidya and money to buy them... along with food and rent. i like it more than being neet
>>
>>29771871
Undreamedpanic
>>
every degree's a meme degree if you don't like doing that
even CS and EE is a meme if you suck at it and only went for the $100k starting meme

finish what you like and do good and cash in
>>
>>29774000
When people talk about the whole "find a job you love and you'll never work a day in your life" meme, they're not really talking jobs they're talking about careers.

Someone who's a writer or a chef or a musician or an athlete or whatever else do want to get paid like everyone else, but they're also doing those things because they love them and do it on their free time not expecting anything in return.

Still, there are days where everything will be shit wall-to-wall and one's career will definitely feel like a job. That's just how it is in everyday life.
>>
>>29773551
>trans-phobic
fucking tumblr coming here again. normiefags get the fuck out!!!!
>>
File: hit.jpg (12 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
hit.jpg
12 KB, 259x194
>>29770348

>personal trainer for high-end executives in my city
>make 6k/month
>work 3 days/week

I literally couldn't be any happier with the career path i chose, i have just as much free time as all the neets here but i make more in a day than they do in a month. I just got back from a vacation in Barbados and live a happy, fulfilling life.

There is literally nothing neets could say that wouldnt be an obvious projection of their lack of ambition, success and self worth.

Kind of glad some of you are happy with your neet-tier life in all honesty because it will ultimately prevent you from mating and weakening the gene pool even more than your parents did. Darwinism at work and it feels so good.
>>
File: catnip party.jpg (174 KB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
catnip party.jpg
174 KB, 768x960
Looking for my first job and I'm considering being an amazon parcel sorter/slave. anyone had good experiences with them? i saw some robot describing his amazon job the other day and it sounded alright
>>
>>29774515
So how did you take this career path?
I'm doing CS but goal is to be above a code monkey and be project manager shit like that.
>>
>>29773085

You aren't financially independent. Look up the meaning. It's an actual term. You are gainfully employed and self sufficient, but not financially independent.
>>
>>29774619

Well i was always passionate about fitness/body building from a young age but never thought i could make any money from it. I knew personal training was a really saturated and competitive field to be in but I got certified anyway just so i could make some extra income on top of my wage slave bux.

Got lucky i guess and the first client i landed was CEO at a telemarketing company. After a few months of training him he was really happy with the results and told his rich friends about me. I quit my job after i got a few clients and now im living the dream.
>>
>>29773310

For coding a good portfolio means more than any amount of degrees. Certs mean more than degrees too. A degree is damn near worthless in the tech industry it's about what you know. As for the other shit you've obviously never applied. A clean cut fit white dude with no record? You'll have your pick of security jobs. Especially if you're willing to spend the single extra afternoon it takes to carry a gun or stick. Security has a high turnover and shitty employee pool despite being a pretty comfy job.

>>29773551

Brotip:don't say any of that shit in an interview. It doesn't matter how non pc the company appears. Frame the interview in terms of what you can do for them. Directly translate your abilities into concrete benefits for them and you can get it. On 4chan we have this concept of hiding your power level. Hitler may have done nothing wrong, but at most you are to appear neutral towards any nazi shit. If you really must be an edgelord look up the idea of antifragile. If you need the man you suck the man's dick like a good goy. Don't go and bite it unless you have the means to stand up to a counter attack.
>>
>>29771454
this gives me hope. trying to get one too
>>
Engineer here.

It's busy. You'll come to enjoy your free time. Make sure to get enough sleep and eat, otherwise you may start to feel tired/miserable and associate that feeling with work. During the week I sleep at least 9 hours a day and always eat breakfast/lunch.
>>
>>29774409

I say follow the money. Noone is going to pay me to be an 80hd fuck with 50 different projects punctuated with frequent bouts of masturbation.

I went into nursing. 3 days a week, 70k a year, 2 years of school. It sucks but all jobs do. At least I'm very good at it. In my free time I have lots of money and time. I'm saving for early retirement so I can play with aquaponics, winemaking, moonshining, bass guitaring, hunting, and all the different kinds of tinkering. I'll be a joker of all trades. That's the way to do it. No matter how much you love your job it's still shitty you have to do it how the employer tells you and you can't just up and stop for a year.
>>
>>29774835
Nice one anon, thanks for the insight.
>>
Depends where you go. I'm still in my first job after college for two years and I hate it and everyone in it, even though I like the type of work.

In the process of interviewing for a new job with better hours and stability.

Pros: More disposable $$$$ than I ever had before, and can live on my own so my mom doesn't give me shit about being on my PC all the time.

Cons: Whether you're happy at your job or not almost entirely depends on the work culture and environment of the company or firm. Try to get the best idea of what that could be like during the interview process.

Still beats being a useless NEET by far, clawed my way out of NEETdom and I'm much better for it.

Good luck man
>>
>>29772247
NOOOO!1. I'm living the n33T life and loving it!!!!!11 I don't have to prove myself to ANYBODY by having a job!!!! People who work are AUTISMOIDS!!!!!11 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29770348
I work to live and that's what gets me by.
I've never wanted a career, I've only ever wanted a job to fund my life and hobbies. It's really not that bad.
>>
I work in the police department as a IT admin, it's okay, at least you get benefits especially with the cops, but you gotta work for it, I was partying with my drug dealer semi-friend and the cops came because there were to many cars in the alley, they saw my car there but didn't do anything to me after.
>>
File: comfy.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>>29774148
>1800 -> 0030 vidya

isn't that a little late? Wouldn't want to be tired for work tommorow
>>
>>29772247
>salaried white-collar positions

How's that 40k salary treating you?
>>
>>29775240
>desperate for attention.jpg
>>
>>29770348
It's a lot worse than you can imagine.

Every single weekday, your alarm blasts you out of your lovely sleep and you enter a panic to get yourself ready for work in time. Your sleep-clotted mind can't coordinate all of the things you need to do -- where are my clothes, what will I eat, can I afford not to take out the trash one more day? -- and you usually get to work a bit late. Because you are an average employee, no one really cares that you don't show enthusiasm because they are planning on getting rid of you once you can be cheaply replaced. You get home tired every day. Some days, you stay later than 5pm -- as late as 8 and even 9 once or twice. It is subtly implied that htis is expected of you and that you will be let go if you do not agree. your pay is not increased.

The years go by and your dreams die, but you're too busy to notice. You tell people all about how busy you are to make you life sound satisfying, but it isn't. you barely have neough money to rent a small apartment and consume salty, fatty fast food.

If you're lucky, you meet a reasonably attractive women who doesn't cheat on you a lot. She cheats on you some. they all do.

eventually, you die. this is the best part.
>>
>>29775286

He does have a point. It's certainly possible if you run a tight ship but it takes me a while to sleep. I go to bed at 1900 so I can rise at 0445 to gym before work. I suck at falling asleep so I read until the sandman finally gets his lazy ass around to visiting be. I have a stupid long commute though.
>>
Is it possible to break into "career jobs" without school/experience in that area ?

After I left school I just worked at my dads company for abit then left to do some night shift work and over 2-3 years I'm now the Nightshift department manager for a retail outlet. Pay is actually really good but I've lately thought where do i go from here? I don't really need to go "up" as I make more than enough already but is it possible to transition to a more blue-collar or similar status job? I'd love to get into IT/Network Security or one of those high-end nightshift area management jobs and already guessing I'd have to go back to school.

Question I guess I'm asking is do these companies/jobs take on people to train if they have decent interest/experience elsewhere?
>>
>he has never held a job before graduating college

Spoiled richfag detected
>>
>>29774000
>You work, go home, sleep, wake up, work, go home, sleep, etc.
kill me
how do people enjoy living their lives this way
>>
>>29775420
About 5 years of working after gaining technical certifications and then building your own company with the personal contacts you make can actually bypass that, but "breaking into a career job" is hard without years of bitch work where you're being taken advantage of. Sorry for not being more useful.

(Seriously, though, learn a trade. Welding is fucking amazing if you don't mind the risk of maiming yourself.)
>>
>>29775699
It's still better than the alternative

>wake up tired in the afternoon
>do nothing
>talk to no one
>post some frogs on r9k
>fap a single cum drop
>go to bed wide-awake at 5 am
>wake up tired in the afternoon
>etc.
>>
>>29771613
A degree in music? And you want to be a wagecuck? Can I ask, when exactly did you give up?
>>
>>29774533
From what I hear, it's like working for robots. You are on your feet all day, can barely catch a break and are watched like hawks because they trust nobody and you will be treated like a thief every day.
>>
>>29775894
I'm a neet and my days usually go like this
>wake up
>get on PC
>watch live streams for an hour
>get on teamspeak with my friends
>play games
>make food
>fap every 3 days maybe
>take a shower
>go to bed

Pretty fun for me, delaying getting a job as long as I can
>>
>>29774533
it's hell on earth

you never heard the stories about Amazon warehouse workers?
>>
>>29776055
>get on teamspeak with my friends

Online friends right?
>>
>>29776097
i've heard mention of them, but the robot in the other thread said that was all bollocks. he said he just pushed a cart around all day listening to music.
>>
>>29776126
yes and no, some of them live where I live, I see them pretty often, others live about 2 hours away, see them a couple of times a year
>>
>>29776149
What are you doing on here then Mr. Normalfag?

You probably got a gf too.
>>
>>29776144
Obviously a shill man, they love recruiting no hopers.
>>
>>29776168
I've never talked to a girl my age outside of family. Nope. I'm not a fully fledged robot but I'm not really normal
>>
>>29770348
With that attitude it's going to suck.
If you're going to choose a life in the workforce you need to make it a PRIORITY (READ THAT FUCKING WORD AGAIN) to get a job you enjoy. Fuck the pay. If you like what you do you'll make the pay work.

If you're not eligible for the job you want you need to suck it up and work towards qualifying. That means working a shit job for a year or so for the experience. That means going for any classes/certifications/testing/etc you may need.

If you fuck around now your choices are shit job and a miserable existence or be NEET and live a miserable existence. Take your pick.
>>
>>29776180
i can see why they would shill here, what with all the competent, aspiring people that post here
>>
>>29776249
>competent, aspiring people

you find so many of them in Amazon's plantations.
>>
Having a job isn't that bad if you get a "work wife"

She gets to talk to you every day and you don't ever have to worry about asking her out because dating coworkers is fucked
>>
File: 4982340928341gg.jpg (237 KB, 630x474) Image search: [Google]
4982340928341gg.jpg
237 KB, 630x474
>>29772037
o fuc who are you that you just put a title to 89% of this board
>>
it doesn't suck super bad but it sucks bad enough to make me crave alcohol after work 2 or 3 days of the week

the most important part is to give up your hope of accomplishing other useful things, like writing a novel or finding a beautiful woman or walking in the woods. you won't have time for that and if you start thinking about all the things you could be doing with your time instead of a boring office job and a long bumper-to-bumper commute, you'll go crazy.

the trick is to accept your lot and remember that you're not special and that it could be a LOT worse and that you're not going to do anything better with your life.

acceptance is the key.
>>
oh and i forgot...the real fun starts when you try to squeeze in a weekday exercise routine sometime around the 7:45 bleary eyed departure from the house and the 6:30 sleepy and exhausted return to the house
>>
>>29770348
Pros: money for drugs and whores
cons: makes you want drugs and whores to cope
>>
here is my experience
mind you this differs from country to country

dishwashing - depending on your employers, if they expect you to do anything buy dishwashing and cleaning the floor its a shit job

maintain industrial AC's - if you are not phsyically built for these type of jobs don't go. the upside is that you usually for for 5-6 hours a day and make good money, usually working with a contractor.

army/technician - if you don't plan on staying there forever, don't go. id imagine the US army treats newcomers better.

working from home/freelacing - best if you can get steady work, if not then get another job to go with it
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.