[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hate everything about myself >still manage be a narcissist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
>hate everything about myself
>still manage be a narcissist
Not sure how it is possible, but I pull it off.
>>
>>29769959
You aren't a narcissist, just histrionic
>>
>>29769992
histrionic - exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention
>>
Narcissism is always rooted in self hatred. Its a fact.
>>
>>29770037
which is exactly what this thread is, an attentionwhoring attempt
>>
>>29769992
>>29770037
>>29770065
>>29770070
OP here, honestly that all seems pretty accurate. I initially posted this because I was genuinely confused, but after looking into these things i bet you are all right. Looking back i probably didnt post this out out confusion at all, but out of a subconcious desire for attention. This gives me a place to start from, as now I can be more aware of all the attention whore-y things i do, and stop them.
>>
>>29769959
That's most people. They know they are pieces of shit but look down on everyone else. I call it septic cream. The best might rise to the top like cream but the whole thing is still a turd vat.
>>
>>29770415
What are you fucking avgn orsomething? You sound like a fucking loser
>>
File: 1464040687699.jpg (204 KB, 779x1631) Image search: [Google]
1464040687699.jpg
204 KB, 779x1631
>>29769959
That's a type of narcissism where you feel inferior to others. It's actually exactly what Elliot Rodgers had.
>>
>>29770296
better to just accept it i think
>>
>>29770037
I see you around a lot....what is it that you find so fascinating about that picture hat you keep using it?
>>
>>29769959

self hatred is a form of narcissism. you are obsessed with yourself, focusing on details and mundanity that no one else would ever notice, when there's an entire world out there.

you need to find something else to be interested in.
>>
>>29770437
Nope I'm exactly what I described in the post. I'm fucking awesome. Steady job, 2014 vehicle, decent apartment in california, close friends and a regular family. If this is what making it is then life is shit and it feels bad to know there are many others worse off than me. It's nice to know that you're one of them though.
>>
File: Ceres-DwarfPlanet.jpg (108 KB, 925x870) Image search: [Google]
Ceres-DwarfPlanet.jpg
108 KB, 925x870
>>29770685
Unless a tree has borne blossoms in spring, you will vainly look for fruit on it in autumn.
>>
>>29770479
Poor girl. That looks like a doctor's office. I hope they help her get arms.
>>
>>29769959
Same here. But you need to understand narcissism isn't about "liking" yourself, but rather having an excessive interest in ones self.
You can hate yourself so much it becomes an unhealthy obsession.
>>
>>29769959

Narcissism *is* self-hatred, you dumb fucker. That's the whole point of being a narcissist - you hate yourself so much that you pretend you're the best thing ever.

Did you think that people who actually liked themselves became narcissists?

God damn. Kill you'reself.
>>
>>29771910
That's not what narcissism is
>>
>>29771924

That is exactly what it is.

You sure are one dumb fucker.
>>
>worthless piece of shit tries to convince himself he's anything other than the worthless piece of shit he already admitted to being
>>
>>29770479
ALL forms of narcissism are based off of a feeling of inferiority and inedaquecy
>>
>>29771969

Not the person you replied to, but a 5 second google search for the definition of narcissism proves you wrong.

You don't get to have your own definitions of words.
>>
>>29769959
Same
At least I'm not a nigger, although I'm a slav so not much better
>>
>>29772052
Not the person you were arguing with either, but the cause of narcissism is often some sort of self distain. It may not be the dictionary definition but you cannot describe an entire personality disorder with such a small definition.
>>
>>29772095

It may or may not "often" be the case, but saying that all narcissists hate themselves is just plain wrong.
>>
That's called covert narcissism. Right there with ya buddu
>>
>>29772130
Well actually it isn't. The false self is formed because the narcissist feels their true self is inadequate.
>>
>>29772168

Or maybe they just vastly overestimate their abilities and character.

What you say might apply to some narcissists, but you can't apply it to all of them.
>>
>>29772245
I don't think you know what you mean when referring to narcissism. Overestimating your abilities and achievements is a symptom of narcissism but it is not a cause of narcissism. They overestimate themselves because of an underlying issue they have with themselves.

you should probably do some more research because your understanding of npd is lacking
>>
>>29772288
"excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one's physical appearance."

The definition of narcissism has nothing to say about self loathing.

Feel free to post your non existant research.
>>
>>29772355
So really you're reverting back to the dictionary definition? Reminds me of a feminist. That is not the full definition of narcissistic personality disorder, and it doesn't explain why that behavior exists.

You're an idiot, basically.
>>
>>29772391
"excessive interest in or admiration of oneself and one's physical appearance."

That's all it entails. Whatever you want to attach to that is your own business, retard.
>>
>>29772417
That is literally one tiny aspect of narcissistic personality disorder. Narcissism isn't even the correct term to be googling (which is the extent of your research).

Really, please, quit while you're already behind.
>>
>>29769959
well, you're a faggot.

also:

>>29769992
this
>>
>>29772490
>Narcissism isn't even the correct term to be googling

We are talking about narcissism, and not something else.

If you have an extremely high oppinion of yourself that is unfounded, you are a narcissist. Whether you have other mental issues, like self hatred is absolutely irrelevant towards the diagnosis.
>>
>>29772527
No, it's narcissistic personality disorder. If you're a narcissist, that's what you're suffering from. It is a fact that a narcissist suffer from poor self esteem deep down, which is why a false self is formed and on the SURFACE have a high opinion of themselves.

It's basic psychology, retard.
>>
>>29772609

I'm bored. Go suck your dads cock and have a good day.
>>
>>29772632
>I'm stupid and have no arguments so I'm pretending I'm leaving cuz I'm bored!!! hurr
retard
>>
>>29769992

fuck man I looked this up and it sounds a lot like me. How can I change being like this.
>>
File: 1463676549250.jpg (67 KB, 680x1020) Image search: [Google]
1463676549250.jpg
67 KB, 680x1020
>>29769959
that shit looks like a MK-mind control session
>>
So if I'm sure I'm far above average, borderline genius, and I'm proud of it, yet still have a constant fear of failure, what does that make me?
>>
>>29769959
Do you have breakdowns when you see people more successful than you irl?
>>
>>29769959
Narcissism is precisely about that. An intense feeling of inferiority where you cling to the idea that you are secretly better than others while fully realizing youre not.
Its actually not really a sickness. I am diagnosed with actual narcissistic tendencies and I feel that this is a totally rational way of behaving when you feel like a failure.
What helps me is developing skills that have nothing to do with other people.
Feeling in control in your life is good. Social situations often cannot be controlled.
>>
>>29774034
>I'm far above average
Probably true
>borderline genius
Incredibly doubtful unless you have empirical evidence to prove otherwise
>constant fear of failure
A normal human being.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonah_complex
>>
>>29771969
>>29772032
Wrong, narcissists score highly on self-esteem even in implicit tests, in which they don't know they're being tested for self-esteem.
>>
>>29774158
>I feel that this is a totally rational way of behaving
Classic narcissistic lack of insight.
>>
>>29774428
I was actually very interested in all this shit before you lot.
http://samvak.tripod.com/faq66.html
This guy is a good source of information in narcissists. All in all please don't try to be a narcissist, they really are bad people. The sort of people who are asshole dads who torment there sons etc.
>>
>>29774428
no narcissist would ever do anything but speak highly of themselves you idiot
they lie all the time
>>
>>29769959
Most narcissists do, deep down, because they're unable to form meaningful connections with people and get the validation they need. That's why they seek shallow approval and recognition instead.
>>
>>29774507
>I was actually very interested in all this shit before you lot.
How can you possibly know that you arrogant fuck?

>http://samvak.tripod.com/faq66.html
>This guy is a good source of information in narcissists.

>tripod site
>reliable
Read real authors, like Theodore Millon, rather than a guy with a doctorate in fucking philosophy. (Holy shit you're retarded.)

This article is talking about a specific subtype of narcissists, anyway. What I was correcting is the idea that all narcissists feel bad about themselves. It's simply not true. Some do, others don't. What they do all have is fragile self-esteem, but that's not the same as low self-esteem.

>>29774547
>HURR WHAT IS IMPLICIT TESTING HOW DO I USE GOOGLE DURRRRR
>>
>>29769959
Its easy, you just hate everyone else more. I am the same
>>
>>29774675
>How can you possibly know that you arrogant fuck
I assumed (which is wrong to do I admit) as much from the many uneducated opinions, lacking in evidence, that are in this thread.

>>Tripod site
>>reliable
I don't necessarily agree that there is a correlation between how a website is hosted and the reliability behind the information.

>real authors
What exactly differentiates a real author and a fake one?

>Holy shit you're retarded
Congratulations on an ad hominem that isn't witty or clever in the slightest.

The fact you don't recognize Sam Vaknin as a reputable source of information when it comes to narcissism, indicates me into the direction, following my intuition, that you are't exactly well versed on knowledge with narcissism (though admittedly you may be more so for psychology as a whole).

I also know of Theodore Millon, specifically his subtypes, despite reading much into him.

I hadn't been participating in that argument and only wished to cite a source of information for those interested (as this thread is clearly lacking in such information) and so happened to do so by replying to your post.
>>
>>29775010
despite not* reading
>>
>>29775010
>I assumed (which is wrong to do I admit) as much from the many uneducated opinions, lacking in evidence, that are in this thread.
So you decided to add another one. Great.

>What exactly differentiates a real author and a fake one?
A relevant degree and clinical experience.

>Congratulations on an ad hominem that isn't witty or clever in the slightest
That's an insult, not an ad hominem, learn the difference. It's only a fallacy when it's used in place of an argument. I said that you're retarded because you're wrong, not that you're wrong because you're retarded. Only the latter is a fallacy.

>The fact you don't recognize Sam Vaknin as a reputable source of information when it comes to narcissism, indicates me into the direction, following my intuition, that you are't exactly well versed on knowledge with narcissism
The fact that you do indicates that you are completely scientifically illiterate and therefore your opinion is absolutely worthless.

>I also know of Theodore Millon, specifically his subtypes, despite [not] reading much into him.
Right so you haven't read any rigorous descriptions of NPD written by actual scientists with actual experience, but still think you can not only opine on NPD, but even contradict others with your non-knowledge. Fantastic.

>I hadn't been participating in that argument and only wished to cite a source of information for those interested (as this thread is clearly lacking in such information) and so happened to do so by replying to your post.
Well, don't.

(FTR, if it's not obvious, I actually have NPD.)
>>
File: sdfg.gif (509 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
sdfg.gif
509 KB, 500x270
>tfw afraid I'm a narcissist
>tfw afraid I'm only afraid of being a narcissist cause I'm a narcissist
>>
>>29775200
>So you decided to add another one. Great.
The point I made that the opinions here are uneducated is not unfounded (and therefore not an assumption) as no one has yet to prove (including you) that I'm wrong in saying this, by example providing evidence to back up their points.

>A relevant degree and clinical experience.
Plato wasn't a real author because he didn't have a degree in philosophy?

Fair enough on the ad hominem point.

>indicates that you are completely scientifically illiterate
How so?

>so you haven't read any rigorous descriptions of NPD
Nice assumption yourself there.

From your crappy insults I assumed you were an immature teen or something but now you say you have NPD it makes sense.

How does it feel knowing you will never be happy?

Sam Vaknin himself claims to have NPD btw.
>>
>>29774034
Above what average? If you're referring to the American average, then congrats, you're not that smart.
>>
>>29775528
>no one has yet to prove (including you) that I'm wrong in saying this, by example providing evidence to back up their points.
"These results suggest that narcissists do not uniformly dislike themselves deep down inside. Rather, narcissists report high explicit and implicit self-views on measures of agency, and neutral self-views on measures of communion" (Campbell, 2007)

>>A relevant degree and clinical experience.
>Plato wasn't a real author because he didn't have a degree in philosophy?
>what is context

He wasn't a real author IN PSYCHIATRY. Philosophy is not a scientific discipline, it doesn't require qualifications or experience.

>>indicates that you are completely scientifically illiterate
>How so?

In that you actually believe the non-peer-peviewed, unscientific opinions of some random Jew with no relevant qualifications or experience are worth anything.

>>so you haven't read any rigorous descriptions of NPD
>Nice assumption yourself there.
Actually it's reasonable given the quality of your ONE source and your arrogance to believe this qualifies you to opine on a subject you have literally the same understanding of as someone who read an article on a completely irrelevant guy's personal website.

>From your crappy insults I assumed you were an immature teen or something but now you say you have NPD it makes sense.
Having NPD is not what makes me obviously more intelligent than you, being able to think is.

>How does it feel knowing you will never be happy?
I'm happy almost all the time, I'm high functioning. How does it feel knowing you will always be retarded?

>Sam Vaknin himself claims to have NPD btw.
I literally could not care less.
>>
>>29775878
>"These results suggest that narcissists do not uniformly dislike themselves deep down inside. Rather, narcissists report high explicit and implicit self-views on measures of agency, and neutral self-views on measures of communion" (Campbell, 2007)

Congratulations on citing a short report. Your so far ONE source.

>He wasn't a real author IN PSYCHIATRY. Philosophy is not a scientific discipline, it doesn't require qualifications or experience.
>>Sam Vaknin himself claims to have NPD btw.
>I literally could not care less.
Being a narcissist is not valid experience? Your also ignorant to the fact he cites other psychiatrists.

>random Jew
That's an ad hominem.
>you actually believe the non-peer-peviewed, unscientific opinions
This doesn't disqualify his opinions, you would actually have to contradict the points he has made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPXtLMJAjO8

>One source
I have other sources

Pretty unintelligent to claim I cant think.

I'm sure you aren't happy almost all the time.
>>
You retards. You can completely hate yourself and be a narcissist or love yourself and be a narcissist. The point is is that you feel like you are the centre of the universe and the only person that matters.
>>
>>29776329
>Congratulations on citing a short report. Your so far ONE source.
Versus your NONE.

Also
>ignoring a quote from a peer-reviewed article by an actual scientist because it contradicts your no-peer-review article by a non-scientist nobody.

>Being a narcissist is not valid experience?
No. Valid experience would be clinical experience as I said in earlier post (have your memory checked). Narcissists are famously lacking in self-awareness and no sensible psychiatrist would try to analyse himself and use that as evidence, he would have another expert analyse him.

>That's an ad hominem.
We've discussed this. Insults are not ad hominems unless used INSTEAD of an argument.

>This doesn't disqualify his opinions, you would actually have to contradict the points he has made.
It doesn't, but it does disincline me to take him seriously, and it does make them suspect in light of the peer-reviewed article I quoted which contradicts him, at least on the one point we were discussing (whether narcissists have low self-esteem "deep down").

>I have other sources
But you haven't posted any you fucking mental defective. All you've posted is some shmuck's worthless opinion that you're defending like a fanboy weenie.

>Pretty unintelligent to claim I cant think.
I just go by what the evidence tells me.

>I'm sure you aren't happy almost all the time.
Well you go ahead and be "sure" about a person you've never met.
>>
>>29774428
It's because on the surface their self esteem is high, it's deep seated low self esteem.

jfc casuals don't know shit
>>
>>29772609

t. Freud, 1920, Vienna
>>
>>29776496
I enjoyed the argument but I got to go to bed as it late (am britbong). In conclusion you certainly have proven me wrong on various points but I believe your dismissal of the man will lead you to missing out on various interesting bits of knowledge. So considering you have NPD I recommend you read into him, despite the fact you may disagree with everything he has to say.
>>
I'm a narcissist and I don't hate myself. I don't even know how it's possible to hate yourself unless you're some kind of moralfag.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.