[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anyone else feel like you missed out on shit because you never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 48a.png (91 KB, 200x246) Image search: [Google]
48a.png
91 KB, 200x246
anyone else feel like you missed out on shit because you never jumped on the social media train? when I was a kid I was on some site for students but I never made a facebook account when everybody started using it cause I thought I don't need it
>>
dude ive had facebook since i was 14 and nobody ever likes any of the shit or pictures i post. it's really just another egocrusher
>>
>>29769424
Social media is legitimately boring, i dont see the hype at all
>>
That shit happened to me. I didn't make an ask.fm account when everybody was using it. Now nobody uses it.
>>
>>29769424
i wish i knew how to do it
don't even tell me you have to be a normie, there must be books on it
then i could be better liked and achieve more careers success

i have to have it for work and i htink i just make them all cringe
>>
I used facebook when I was 13-15, around the time I was first browsing /b/. I thought trolling was really cool and I would like pages about being a proud black woman or Muslim and shitpost on their wall. I used to post "cool story bro" and rage comic shit before the normies discovered them. I enjoyed FB fame for being a meme master, I went to a boys high school and there were times random girls outside of school would ask me "are you anon? your statuses are so funny!"

My proudest achievement was posting racist shit on Paul Henry's wall when he got fired, hundreds of people were commenting on my posts every few minutes

I used to have 700 FB friends and get 50+ likes on my shit which was a big deal back in the day, so people were fooled into thinking I was cool. To this day, I owe all my friendships, party experiences and sexual experiences to memes.

Facebook is cancer but you should've used it, it literally changed my life
>>
yeah pretty much, back when I had a life I had a myspace but I never transitioned to facebook because that got hot when I was in my high school phase of getting bullied everyday. Shit has definitely held me back
>>
>>29769819
got any tips for me? I would make a snapchat but I have nothing interesting to snap
>>
File: crying.jpg (14 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
crying.jpg
14 KB, 480x270
>>29769424

imagine having instagram / twitter and all your favorite fucking djs and creative industry top people following you and liking your shit, hot model chads, etc

and marijuana induced psychosis comes along and you delete everything

FUCK
LAKDF;ASDKLFJA;SDFJKL

enver remade after that lmao
>>
I know that feel. I never got a facebook, because I hated that people could see how many friends you had. It's not even that I didn't have friends, it's just that facebook "friends" are more like acquaintances than anything, and I didn't know too many people outside of my immediate circle, so where all the kids in my middle school or high school had like 500-1000 friends or something, I would have had maybe a generous 100, probably not even that.

Cute girls that I knew even offered to make me one back in sophomore year but I couldn't do it. I figured like Every other social media site, people would just stop using it eventually. But they didn't.

What really pisses me off is how everyone seems to be getting laid through tinder these days, but you need a facebook to have a tinder. Even nerds I know have gotten one night stands just for having their tinder profile be them and their puppy. Fuck, man.
>>
>>29771125
dodged a bullet

this was originally shorter
>>
>>29771304
>I would have had maybe a generous 100, probably not even that.
if you're attractive, people find that cute and endearing
>>
I'm 25 and when I was 9th grade first year of high school having a myspace was a big deal. I never made one because I didn't think I had enough friends, especially female friends. So to save the embarrassment I didn't make one. It has been all downhill since.
>>
>>29771304
facebook actually isnt used as much anymore ig and snapchat is the new trend. you could make a facebook just to make tinder without using it
>>
>>29771383

I agree. Everyone has a snapchat these days. A sure way to tell if a guy is a virgin is if he doesn't have a SC. They're all exchanging nudes over it and using it to hook up. I swear to god now is the best time in history to be a normie with all these social media things.
>>
>>29771475
that's bullshit though I know guys who don't use and get much pussy. It should be like back in the days when you would just go up to girls in the street
>>
>>29771383
Yeah, I know people don't really use facebook to talk anymore, but everyone still has one. Instagram does the same thing where it shows how many people follow you, and I wouldn't really have much to post anyway since I don't do anything. I do have a snapchat but it doesn't do me much good when I don't have anyone's numbers and don't know too many girls. Funny enough it was actually a girl that convinced me to get a snapchat freshman year of college because she wanted to send me nudes and fuck me but I dropped so much spaghetti with that I still cringe.
>>
>>29771304
You can actually hide the friend count
>>
>>29771776
You're fucking kidding me. Is that something a lot of people do? Pretty sure no one I know does that.
>>
>>29771941
Yah, ive seen some people have that. Thats actually also the reason i hadnt made facebook, because i didnt know that option existed.

JUST
>>
>>29771304
Wow you actually think 100 is low.

Fuck off you piece of shit.
>>
>>29769424
>tfw to scared to use social media because I'm ugly and hate how I look in pictures

Probably could have gotten laid plenty of times If I bothered with this shit.
>>
>>29769424
Facebook makes me too angry. Its just blatant stupidity and attention whoring everywhere you look.
>>
>>29772104
>tfw we could've made it, we were just too dumb
Still, I think normies might have thought something was up when they're showing off their hundreds/thousands of friends and ours are nowhere to be seen.
>>29772291
That is low. I went to a small high school of like 800 kids, so my class was around 200 any given year. I'm saying I wouldn't even say I was acquainted with half of them, and I only ever hung out with like 5 of them.
>inb4 yeah well I had zero friends you fucking normie
Just because I'm not as big of a loser as you are doesn't mean I'm not still a loser.
>>
File: Drive Feel.jpg (64 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Drive Feel.jpg
64 KB, 960x960
Is it too late now to get on the social media train as a college sophomore?
>>
>>29772905
I think it has more to do with making sure you have interesting shit to post. If you're like me, you'll have social media accounts and won't use them for months on end. I don't think I've used Snapchat in over a year and that's cause all I do is browse 4chan. It's not like I'm going to post anything about that.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.