[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >Not swing trading It's like you wanna be a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: swing-trading-graphics-036.png (31 KB, 841x546) Image search: [Google]
swing-trading-graphics-036.png
31 KB, 841x546
>2016
>Not swing trading

It's like you wanna be a wagecuck for the rest of your life
>>
I don't have the money or the income to generate the money I would need to make trading worthwhile.
>>
>>29768669
nigger i dont even have a bank account
>>
>>29768669
I think you want >>>/biz/
>>
File: 1461705446073.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1461705446073.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
>he thinks he's a trading wiz
See you in 8 months when you're flat broke from bad investment after bad investment.
>>
>gambling for a living

yea let me know how long term that is
>>
>>29768970
No, robots kept making threads on how to make money at home, & here it id
>>
>>29768669
I swer on me mum I'm gonna get involved in trading as soon as I have some fucking money

Currently I can barely cover my bills but at least I have time to read and soak up information
>>
>my dumbass dad swing trades
>he's down $80,000
Yeah no. The little guys always get fucked in the stock market.
>>
>>29769002
>>29769009

Automate Buying low, automate selling so you're not spending all your time staring at charts
>>
>>29769025
I'm sorry but your dad is retarded
>>
>>29769043
>automates buying low
>it goes even lower
>there is no high

foolproof plan
>>
>>29768669
I wouldn't recommend gambling for a living but robots could get away with some light "flipping" for extra cash.

Go to flea markets, second hand shops, join facebook groups dedicated to trading, freecycle.org and other places you can get stuff cheap and then sell on ebay/amazon.

Ebay (and sometimes amazon) prices are way too high but lazy dumbasses will buy there because other places are too much work for them. Pick something, ANYTHING. Toys, VHS tapes, DVDs, old videogames, old books, old electronics. The kind of stuff old people/parents just ditch and start collecting cheap and selling high.

I know people that make a living just flipping horror VHS tapes because there's a huge market for them if you know where to look.

There's a lot less of a risk with a $5 purchase at a goodwill store or a flea market than hundreds of dollars invested into stocks.
>>
>>29769078
>What are blue chip stocks

If your betting all your money on penny stocks or newly listed companies, you're a moron, plain & simple
>>
File: untitled.jpg (20 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
20 KB, 600x600
>bull market
>bear market
>robot market
>>
File: gbp.png (7 KB, 246x375) Image search: [Google]
gbp.png
7 KB, 246x375
hello fellow robotrader,

tell me your techniques and markets. what timescales do you prefer. are you a heavy tech analysis guy or use simple indicators.

what markets!!

pic related, my trade on the dead cat bounce GBP/USD showing entry point directly after brexit chaos
>>
>>29768835
>not having a bank account
>calling someone a nigger
>>
>>29769177
yeah, i got into the cuckold bull market at 2.56 jiggawats per jingle then dropped a doodoo on POOPSE at 2.57 so now i'm prepping the bull

what about you???
>>
>>29769025
>little guy
>doing fine with dividend and growth stocks

Yawn. Its easy mode money.
>>
>>29769231
what, just long and hold? what are your fav dividend stocks senpai?
>>
>>29769177
>buy low sell high

bought gold at 699GBP, will sell at 1050, just seeing where this wild ride takes me.

>10000 profit atm
>>
>>29769177

This>>29769043

Diversified, 15-20 separate groups of around 5-10k each so I'm always buying/selling . Gotta be active
>>
How much would I need to invest (minimum) in order to make this worth my while? Stock trading in general
>>
>>29769343
A couple hundred thousand at the very least. Ultimately it depends on how much you enjoy it. If you're just doing it for fun, then you can start with a couple ten thousand or so.
>>
Stocks
>its so easy!
>I made 80 bajillion from my couch!
(You) doing stocks
>huh I've got a hundred or two I guess I can buy this-
>lose it instantly
Smart guy doing stocks
>well I read up on absolutely everything I could, business history, traded stocks on a training program and made a few million, did my due diligence on the markets in question and am absolutely confident that it will go up because the opposite is just impossible because x, y, z, let point you to this blog...
>loses money anyways
>h-haha yeah right I'm sure I just left out a few steps
>loses even more money
>eventually just throws his money at an investment firm
The Prop Trader Guy Who Makes Way Too Fucking Much Money
>god damn why am I so awesome
>good thing I hire assassins to kill all my competitors
The Old Granny who worked at walmart for 20 years and saved every penny she could and had a diversified portfolio
>return greater than the smartest investment firm
>percentage wise

If you can get good at stocks, get good at life first. If you think you can just saunter into anything and win big thats the reason you're going to be a sucker.
The real winners stay honest, keep their investments, take their losses like a man, and have a community that they openly participate in that aids them.
This isn't you robot, you're a suburban white kid who spent his life in front of a tv set and now a computer.
Just what do you think you're doing? Get. Good.
>>
>>29769343
A grand is a good start
>>
>>29769507
You'll make spare change with that amount. He asked for "worth my while" and I assume he meant monetary.
>>
>>29769611

It depends on what you invest in. I would say $2500-3000 is the minimum amount to consider for a small account. 1k is definitely too slim to even start beating commissions.
>>
>>29769611
I started off with that much>>29769317
>>
>>29769078
you can also set a low to cash out at you fucking mong
>>
>>29768669

>Swing trading

It's a meme, I used to play the stock market and use this technique all of the time.

It works sometimes but most of the time it doesn't since markets can be viotile.

The only fucking way to win at stock trading is to identify an event which will cause something on the stock market to decline and short/sell it.

An example would be brexit. Shorting the pound would make you very rich.

Unfortunately I lost my money and day trading is stressful as fuck so I dont know if I want to do it again.
>>
>>29769789
Well brexit fucked up the world market but itll stabilize once the UK gets its footing
>>
>>29769899
No such thing as "The Brexit" even happened, the people had a referendum, then the Prime Minister stepped down so that nobody can enact the actual article that starts the exit process. Despite this, stock markets quaked. This is all you need to know about trading, reality is not involved. It's based on forecasts and expectations and emotions.
>>
I want to invest when I get my military bux after training but I'm not sure how to buy/sell stocks and every website that says that they do it requires a minimum investment that is way beyond what I have saved up.
>>
>>29770145
Britain will most likely negotiate an exist out of the EU. What exactly that means in practice remains to be seen, as the current trade, movement, etc statuses can be negotiated for non EU countries. So Britain might leave the EU but in practice almost nothing changes, except that Britain politicians have no say in EU politics anymore. That's the case for Norway for example. They pay the EU, adopt almost all regulations and orders, but have no say in anything because while closely associated, they are not a member.
>>
>>29770314

Plus500. They give you a free $50 to start off with.
>>
>>29771233
>headquartered in Israel
You almost got me you crafty Hebrew.
>>
>>29769114
More details on this please. A few years back I bought boxes of VHS tapes for very cheap since the thrift shop was getting rid of them in bulk. I couldn't even get rid of most of them on ebay for 50 cents.
>>
File: 2016-07-06_14.00.05.jpg (84 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-06_14.00.05.jpg
84 KB, 1080x1080
OP here, here's a list of stocks I follow, couldn't fit 8 or so though
>>
>>29770145
>reality is not involved

wut?
>>
>>29769611
you have to learn anyway, so starting low isn't bad, it takes practice
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.