[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would you live in a shed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: shack.jpg (583 KB, 1333x1000) Image search: [Google]
shack.jpg
583 KB, 1333x1000
would you live in a shed?
>>
File: iu.jpg (30 KB, 557x417) Image search: [Google]
iu.jpg
30 KB, 557x417
I lived in a shed similar to pic related for about 3 weeks.

It was powered, had running water (rain water, stored in tanks) and kitchen was on gas (propane for US readers).

It was cold, even with "insulation".

It was isolated, which was good in some ways but getting to the local shop was an hour each way by bike (I had no money for fuel at that stage).

My view is, sheds can be fun, but it's not an easy life ... but I guess it could be if it was set up properly.
>>
>>29765814
that looks like a comfy fuckin shed
>>
>>29765764
yeah if it was close to a shop/job
>>
Same guy as >29765814 cont'd

One of the guys I work with lives in a shed.

I'd describe him as a mix of /pol/ and /r9k/ but he refuses to visit this site. He hates computers.

I think he might be a console gamer? I have no idea what he does with his time.

Anyway, he's lived in a shed for over 10 years.

His is properly insulated and ventilated.

I've never visited him because he's violent and unpredictable at the best of times, but I've heard him describing his shed as very cluttered.

So my suggestion is that sheds filled with clutter could act as free insulation.
My other suggestion is that sheds are livable, just not by pussies such as myself.
>>
File: 1463761611327.jpg (50 KB, 500x749) Image search: [Google]
1463761611327.jpg
50 KB, 500x749
as long at its comfy with:
a dog and rifle/shotgun
stable internet connection
heating/cooling
shower/toilet
>>
>>29765825

It was.

I'm going to sound really unappreciative when I say this, but despite being comfy I was irritable. There was no internet and I played Civ IV for about 5 or 6 hours a day on my laptop but then I'd be completely bored with that. I'd switch on a movie but I couldn't concentrate. I'd make something to eat, wash up and go to bed because it was dark and there was nothing to do and very limited solar power remaining after dark.

I know how that sounds, it makes me sound really weak and pathetic that I couldn't handle it... But the isolation really started to fuck with me, even after 3 weeks. I was really ready to get out of there. As I said, it was an hour to ride to the nearest convenience store.

I cooked outside on the fire one night and I could hear wild dogs circling the fire in the dark. It was very unsettling.

I dunno man, maybe now, 6 years later, I'd be better at dealing with it, but I still don't really like wild dogs.
>>
>>29765934
>I cooked outside on the fire one night and I could hear wild dogs circling the fire in the dark. It was very unsettling.

you could have had a bad ass battle to defend your meat though
>>
By the time a shed was comfy enough I'd want to live in it, it'd basically be a tiny house.
>>
File: bushland.jpg (320 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
bushland.jpg
320 KB, 1000x750
>>29765825
Sorry, to give you a better idea.

Imagine that shed (it's a pretty nice shed, I admit) on this sort of dry, scrubby country.
>>
robots should pair up and live in shacks and be shackbros

no homo stuff allowed though
>>
File: 11-07-19SIMP2.jpg (16 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
11-07-19SIMP2.jpg
16 KB, 500x375
>>29765961
Hah, I thought about that.

Sort of reminds me of this.
>>
File: 1467484643170.jpg (52 KB, 600x597) Image search: [Google]
1467484643170.jpg
52 KB, 600x597
Yeah, I already do.

>In a cuckshed
>>
>>29765990
mid NSW?
>>
File: comfyshedhouse.png (754 KB, 625x800) Image search: [Google]
comfyshedhouse.png
754 KB, 625x800
>>29765764
It is my #1 goal in life to live in a comfy shed and hear the rain tapping on the roof
>>
>>29766347
It was SE Qld. Similar climate. Similar bushland.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.