[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do conservacucks/Trump Supporters actually believe stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: 1426377344729.jpg (123 KB, 600x505) Image search: [Google]
1426377344729.jpg
123 KB, 600x505
Why do conservacucks/Trump Supporters actually believe stuff like this?

If it were true the 1% would actually be more like the 30%
>>
>>29765525
They don't believe it. They just need the rest of the population to. Who cares anyway. All Amerifats deserve to live in squalour and despair.
>>
>>29765525
From my experience, people who think they have good attitudes are drama obsessed lazy fucks who only want to do a job, then go home. They don't want to excel at anything, no matter how much they're getting paid. They always want more, and to do less.

Most of that pledge, actually all of it, comes from not being a fucking douche bag and actually putting effort into the things you do. It's like telling kids not to steal, some won't do it out of courtesy for the other person, and others will still steal because theyre just fucking scum by nature.
>>
>>29765564
We found a bootstrap everyone!

>hurdurdurdur hyuk hyuk muh hard work hurdurgadurgadurgadurg. You should be happy to have this job goy.....er I mean hard working employee!
>>
>>29765626
Yep I'm a boostrap, with a comfy 6 figure job!
>>
>>29765658
Probably got it handed down from your rich parents having connections
>>
>>29765564
>who only want to do a job, then go home.

Also, that's the way it should be. You aren't supposed to live for your fucking job retard. Every single corporation in the world is evil. You do as little as possible without doing bad enough to get fired. Thats the way you do it.
>>
>>29765680
No, actually I come from a poor family. Not to be insulting, but I was in honors classes but I was never a the top of my class. I heard this one story in hs which pretty much showed me that anyone could succeed if they put in enough effort.

I guess this girl from our school got pregnant and dropped out. She eventually got her GED, then worked at some shitty job to be able to afford community college, where she got straight A's. She got a scholarship and went to a good university, graduated with A's again, went to med school, and became a surgeon.

From then on, I just put effort into my studies, and fast forward, I finally get to relax, make the money I want, and feel fulfilled at the end of the day. It wasn't easy, which is what all you people want. Yes a lot of people are given things free and easy. SO WHAT? If you arent one of them, tough luck, you just have to out work and out smart them.
>>
>>29765776
Please kill yourself. You're bringing more harm to the world then good.
>>
>>29765767
If you hate your job that much, then doing that is fine, just find something you can be fulfilled with. Doesnt have to make you money
>>
>>29765802
>lazy bottom feeder detected
>>
>>29765525
I don't like the tone of the pledge, but the general principles are all true.
>>
>>29765525
>tfw schizoaffective
Guess I should just stop choosing to be lazy!!
>>
>>29766658
>schizoaffective
>choosing to be lazy
most likely, yes.
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (171 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
171 KB, 800x1000
Here's a bigger/clearer version
>>
File: 8367333_f520.jpg (67 KB, 520x382) Image search: [Google]
8367333_f520.jpg
67 KB, 520x382
>>29767192
>I believe I have won the greatest lottery of all time. I am alive. I walk the Earth. I live in America. Above all things, I am grateful.
>>
>>29765525
This reads like something Mr. Shekelberg forces his employees to recite.
>>
>>29767233
And it is still true for that guy. Even if he is mentally ill, he will get much better treatment here than anywhere else on earth. If he didn't want to be alive, he could probably kill himself.
>>
>>29765525

Trump supporters don't necessarily believe this. This whole "sweat pledge"/"boostraps" meme is more of a neo-conservative thing.

Sure, you'll get some older construction workers longing for the 1990s who became Trump supporters and want to ramble about "the damn lazy kids these days" and "mah tax dollerz!" but they are a minority. Most younger Trump supporters don't care about that shit and are more concerned with not winding up like Sweden or France.

People who think everyone should be slaving away on construction sites 12 hours a day for shit wages and no benefits in order to "prove themselves" or "show they're a real man" probably supported candidates like Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio during the primaries.

And btw, Mike Rowe, the guy in the OP pic, does "dirty jobs" occasionally for TV. If you read his Wikipedia article, the guy went to college for fucking communications, and all of his career has been in the media. He was never a "salt of the earth blue collar guy" like he pretends to be. Typical "do as I say, not as I do" bullshit.
>>
>>29767192
>I won the lottery by being born in America and I know the world isn't fair
>I believe I am a product of my choices and not my circumstances

pick one
>>
>>29767477
You are only a product of your circumstances if you remain as your circumstances leave you. Sometimes your circumstances will leave you no option, but if you were born in America you probably have the option to be determined by yourself, not your circumstances.
>>
>>29767385

>Homeless and mentally ill in America
>he will get much better treatment here than anywhere else on earth

Yeah, except for Canada, Australia, all of Western Europe and maybe even some countries in Eastern Europe.

In many American cities (especially in California and the Southern part of the country) being homeless is more or less a crime.
>>
>>29767529
>being homeless is more or less a crime.
good. they can go to jail, get free bed and food.
>>
>>29767385
He'd be better off homless in Belgium, Amsterdam and a shit ton of other countries. You still believe we're number 1?

Your IQ is probably ~100.
>>
>>29765525
Because it's fucking true whether you want to accept it or not
>>
>>29767542

Yep, just throw anyone who doesn't dream of strict law and order, chain restaurants, shopping malls, McMansions and minivans in jail!

Land of the free!

People like you are a big part of the reason we are being invaded by Mexicans.
>>
>>29767624
Oh shut the fuck up. Stop buying minivans and buy a beater and restore it. Stop wasting millions in debt on a mansion and buy a good house. Stop going to the mall every day and study ethics and civics.

Oh but you wont do that. Youre a degenerate. Youre lazy as fuck.
>>
>>29767569
>Your IQ is probably ~100.
Is this meant to be an insult? Do you even know how IQ works?
>>
File: 1453422318931.jpg (48 KB, 540x342) Image search: [Google]
1453422318931.jpg
48 KB, 540x342
>>29765525
>"bootstraps!!!"
>"well yeah i was brought up upper middle class but ANYONE can make it!!!!"

>"hyul hyuk hurdur always be loyal to the US of A!!"
>votes politicians into office who sign trade deals, outsource jobs, and take money away from actual life improveming services because muh militarism

>"muh USA is the BEST DAMN country in the world!"
>left his home state for a weekend trip once 10 years ago

>"everyone here be about making it great!!"
>doesn't know what money in politics and wall street gambling are
>>
>>29767505
I was more criticizing that it specifically stated "not circumstances" because circumstances determine the choices one can make, so they indirectly determine one's standing in life.

The less fortunate are limited in the choices they can make which can lead to one having a terrible life regardless of what they choose, but as long as they had a choice of bad options, then high and mighty 1%ers can say that the person is responsible for their situation.
>>
>>29767542
>people who have been to prison can't get jobs because no one wants to hire an ex-felon
>send people who don't have homes or jobs to prison
>"Muh bootstraps"
>>
File: 1467207542552.jpg (25 KB, 194x268) Image search: [Google]
1467207542552.jpg
25 KB, 194x268
>>29765525
>tfw born wealthy with every opportunity to succeed and everything basically handed to me if I just try
>tfw no work ethic so I fucked it all up

Kill me pls being born was a mistake
>>
>>29767799
>people who have been to prison
who's fault is this?
>>
>>29767666

Are you autistic?

My post was sarcasm. I was mocking people who do shit like that. I believe more in the lifestyle you described.

Also a "mcmansion" isn't a million dollar mansion, it's a shitty, poorly built suburban tract home made to look big and fancy.

I was also mocking people who go to the mall all the time and view consumerism as a hobby.

Oh and the car thing... yeah I'd rather buy a used German or Japanese car. American cars are notoriously shitty. People only buy them either because they're cheap or they feel they have to (even though most of the cars are made in Mexico from Chinese parts now).
>>
>>29765525
Mike Rowe spent most of his life working as a salesman and narrator. He gets one comfy, extraordinarily well-paid job as the TV star to a show about shitty jobs, and he thinks he's a real blue collar working man now, kek.
>>
>>29768061

>he thinks he's a real blue collar working man now

I'd say it's more malicious than that. It's typical "do as I say not as I do" rhetoric from rich media types.

It's just like when millionaire actors who fly around the world in private jets and own 200-foot motor yachts lecture us about the environment and climate change.

Or when rich liberals who live in 99% white neighborhoods with private security lecture the rest of us about how our neighborhoods aren't "diverse" enough.
>>
File: glug glug.jpg (38 KB, 344x345) Image search: [Google]
glug glug.jpg
38 KB, 344x345
>>29768061
He fucking graduated from some shitty university with a degree in COMMUNICATIONS and now he parades around everywhere yelling about how the youth today is sinking all their money in useless degrees. He gives appearances in front of Congress, trying to get them to give more funding to trade schools. The guy is just a nutjob. His dad was like a welder or something, so he likes to pretend he's a big trades guy just like him by going into peoples' busy workplaces, disrupting their job by being inept at pretty much everything, and then at the end of the day he wipes some sweat off his brow and says, "Jeez, nothing beats some good ol' hard work!"
>>
>>29767097
This, I am also schizoaffective and I am working very hard to try to better myself. I am going to turn down disability so I can work hard for a better future for myself and not use my illness as an excuse to wallow in self pity and doubt.
>>
>>29768255
i dont mind when people use govt assistance when they need it, but when ppl abuse it, they cross the line
>>
>>29768061
Is not that he thinks he's blue collar, he just doesn't see blue collar work as some sort of failure. Neither do I too tell the truth. Everyone ain't meant for white collar work, and it's not enough of it to go around. Parents pushed college all their kids, then wonder why they still live with them eternally, when the it field is full of pajeets.
>>
>>29768255
NEET bux are literally a trap. If you become employed at all you lose all of it, even if the job pays less than disability, so this encourages people to stay on the bux and only get extra money through rather illicit means.
>>
File: donaldpepe.png (184 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
donaldpepe.png
184 KB, 1024x1024
>>29765525
there will be no nuances to explain other peoples affction to ideas in this thread, and im to much of an retard to do anything myself.
Bye.
>>
SWEAT pledge is somewhat cringey and a lot of it seems to glorify being a doormat for your exploitative bosses, but I don't think Mr.Rowe really has any context of that and so isn't addressing it. It's overall arch is more that in modern america, hey cocksucker you will not be able to compete for what you want so be happy with what you can do. You can consider it bad advice I suppose, but if it was written 80 years ago when people would die if they acted slightly like a lot of us, then I think it would have fallen under less scrutiny. (this isn't because unions and labour laws were weaker, but that people knew that their life quality wasn't magic but something earned and created by society's work)
>>
>>29765544
This. Both points. Conservacucks are rabid liars who only vote for rinos because of race-baiting and Americans deserve slavery. I love how miserable the American people are because they're truly awful human beings.
>>
>I want to start a business and live a good life, what should I do?
>take your millions of startup capital and --
>but I don't have millions of dollars yet
>Well you missed the first step, be born to rich parents.
>>
>>29765525

It's because white women can't resist black cock. Small little white cocks are disgusting and white women know that.
>>
>>29767831
Damn I'm dumb, I thought this thread wasn't bait until that post. Very subtle op
>>
>>29769874
>No argument
>Better claim bait instead of a decent rebuttal since it's easier than thinking of a coherent reply.
>>
Of any first world white country America is probably the worst to be born in. Though you can hardly call a 40% minority country white.
>>
>>29769900
Nah op you made it a bit obvious there 8/10 though got some kicks
>>
>>29770126
It's been 14 minutes you can think of anything better?
>>
I'm surprised Mike isn't making virginity pledges so he can scoop up all the hotties too

Undersigned and confirmed:
Anonymous Poster
>>
>>29765525
top 1% != relatively decent life in the upper middle class
>>
>>29765802
You seem to be confused, you are at the computer, not the mirror
>>
Most people are lazy and unwilling to go the extra mile so no, it'd still be 1%.
>>
>>29771058
>how dare you say i made my own life shitty, it's da man trying to keep us down!
>continues to browse /r9k/ for hours
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 891x502) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 891x502
Why do lefties always concern themselves with other people's money?

>the 1%!!!!!

By definition there will always be a top 1%.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.