[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone ever gone into a doctors office and asked for a specific
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 300x197) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 300x197
Has anyone ever gone into a doctors office and asked for a specific drug? I tried to talk to my doctor and they transferred me to a different section because it's short staffed so I have to talk to a new doctor. I have a really bad cold that's keeping me up all night coughing and thinking about asking for a narco. Will I be flagged as a drug seeker? Will he tell my primary physician? I've never really asked for anything particular before
>>
File: 1467518747326.jpg (60 KB, 607x609) Image search: [Google]
1467518747326.jpg
60 KB, 607x609
Narco? Youre fucking stupid dude
>>
If it's a drug that's advertised on TV, you have a 97% chance of getting it just by asking.

But you are probably mostly healthy 20 year old male. You aren't getting a narco for your widdle coughy cough.
>>
you will only get what you ask for if your doctor is dirty as hell and doesn't give a shit.

99% of the time you will just be labelled a drug seeker. NEVER ask for any type of opiates. they don't fuck around with that stuff anymore. you really need to have some evidence on an xray that you could be experiencing pain.

at best just tell him your symptoms and he might give you cough syrup with codeine. that's the best you can hope for. never make a suggestion on what you should be prescribed, thats like the #1 red flag
>>
>>29765298
No when it first started my throat was so sore I only slept like an hour that night and I couldn't swallow or eat the whole day and I keep having a dry cough and it's been going for almost 2 weeks
>>
>>29765232
There is no way you're going to get Norco for a cold. Maybe if you came in complaining that your spine was hurting a lot and it felt like it was fused or there was a slipped disk. But I wouldn't do it if I were you because those drugs are bad news.
>>
>>29765310
What if you say you read it in a pamphlet at the pharmacy and decided to ask and say your friend had it too
>>
File: narco.jpg (95 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
narco.jpg
95 KB, 720x576
>>29765326
walking pneumonia

you got gotta wait it out bro
>>
>>29765360
no, that's dumb, no one advertises opiates as far as i know.

you're not going to get it, don't bother, you don't want to get hooked on that shit anyway.
>>
>>29765423
I just wanted codeine cough syrup for a few days or so like someone suggested
>>
>>29765471
so tell him your symptoms and hope for the best... that's about it. codeine and cough syrup isn't some serious thing and they prescribe it all the time because codeine is a good cough suppressant.
>>
asking for benzos/opiates is a good way to make sure you'll never get any

it just depends on the severity of your condition and how loose your doctor is with the prescription pad. I knew a dude in his early 20's who was getting dilaudid and xanax on a regular basis. you also have to wait it out until you eventually get what you want (this is way easier to do with benzos than opiates). you might get a benzo with a little leg work, but an opiate is pretty much out of the question unless you have legit pain.

they don't play with that shit anymore
>>
>>29765577
Well how hard would it be to get a Benzo? I have a legit anxiety disorder and panic attacks and I don't think he will give me ssri because I've had problems with them before and don't even really want to take them
>>
>>29765815
benzos aren't as hard to get as opiates. you may need to go through other meds first before getting to them though. you are not going to get xanax bars immediately

benzos are even worse in terms of withdrawal than opiates though, you really really really do not want to get hooked on them. they work very well for anxiety but the withdrawals are just terrible
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.