[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2
I'm new to this board. I'm 48 autistic amazed a board like this exist. I'm telling you don't give up hope just because the world has not accepted you is no reason to hide in your rooms. I am married have kids and gave been told if not for my high IQ I would be babbling under a bridge due to my severe autism. So I'm going to get a lot of fuck you , you don't get it, ext post ...oh well ...to those that listen I'm here to help you who feel like staying in the house constantly. So those who want to flame this do so but the others who are looking for advice on surviving while autistic listen a while longer. Three things most autistics feel much more comfortable in familiar places, in situations they can control, and away from crowded situations...this can't be changed but you can change your perception by understanding the average autistic can perform a 135 to 147 on IQ test. Since that is often the case that means your ability to learn is higher than norms but the apprehension and fear holds you back. One day back in the late 70's I was in my room depressed wondering why girls don't like me, why I don't have any true friends, and why I always feel alone...Then it hit me ..If I can't change the world to fit me I will learn to perform like everyone else (sounds like bullshit but read on) my conclusion was this is not the reality I want but I have to live in their world. I am smarter than them so to get what I want I will teach myself to function in this world. I soon found that the fear was bad at first. The average person with their petty self centered lack of concern for anyone else completely sickened me. It took practice forcing myself out of the house walking in crowded areas and talking to people. At first people could tell I was different but after lots of practice I started to be able to have a conversation that was on topic and often enjoyable....still scared as hell......OK just saw the time I have to get to my job I will continue the story later tonight
>>
It's certainly interesting.
>>
Shut up that literally is a logic thing. Everyone knows that.
>>
>>29764059

On break..... feel this needs to continue....yes you are correct it is a logic thing it is also about ignoring fear. After talking to people a while I learned two things ..I could out think them and no matter how hard I tried eventually they could notice something was different. So be it. So I started experimenting on who I could feel comfortable with ( this is way before much research was done on autism) I discovered that I could interact very very well with people who were around 13/14 I was 16 at the time. So I attempted to be a friend with some of the people I met who were younger. I would help them spend time with them and basically learn behavior from them. There parents were taken back at first why an older kid would spend time with a younger kid I just informed them politely that I actually enjoyed their sons/ daughter's company. They seemed to respect that and since I never caused issues I learned how to make friends and watch them react to situations and gained confidence that I was reacting appropriately as well. I could now socialize, but I was often still uncomfortable. By 17 I really wanted a girlfriend so I decided the best thing to do was to discuss the situation with a female friend I had made. ....That was my greatest discovery..you want a girlfriend..get a real friend who is a girl tell confide in her about the situation and watch those mother/problem solving eyes light up (Thanks Tammy wherever you are today) besides truly enjoying helping me understand how to act and treat a woman she gave me the best girl advice ever..".sure your scared of rejection everyone is, but If you see a girl you like ask her out if you don't then you have rejected yourself...told yourself no already...some of the best looking girls in school don't get asked out because guys find them unapproachable ...just walk up ask if they say no then just smile say ...well I tried..and walk away.....dang back to work will tell more in a few hours
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.