[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Why don't you talk more with your family anon? >You
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
Pepe-The-Frog-Enough-27.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>Why don't you talk more with your family anon?
>You should talk more with your family anon.

Why do they say this? Why should I talk to them more?
>>
they want to put you in an asylum
>>
My family always insists that I show up for birthdays etc

Then when I do, I just sit there and eat cake. I told my parents it makes no difference whether I'm there or not but they always default to "no come on uncle x will be happy to see you" etc. So don't be fooled, they just don't know what to do either.
>>
>>29763207
Why do people have gatherings for birthdays after the age of 6? Jesus H Christ people need to grow up.
>>
>>29763207
This.

I was asked if I'd like to attend my nieces prom but since we don't interact much anymore I said no, there's no point because of that.
>>
How old are you, anon-kun? I discovered recently, about two years ago that family, besides faith, is the most important part of life. No matter how much your friends may refer to you as family, they are not family. Your bros won't be there for you when you really need them, man, but your family will be. As a young man, I was an ungrateful cunt. Don't be like I was. I don't know how your family situation is, but I've grown to learn that your father should be the #1 person in your life until you get married.
>>
>>29763232
what is to be celebrated, if not a met need?
>>
I have avoidant personality disorder, anxiety and manic depressive disorder but I have a very close relationship with my grandmother.

She's 90 so when she dies I'll probably never talk to my family again outside of Facebook.
>>
>>29763238
All of this is objectively wrong.

Family doesn't get to know you like friends do. And thus won't be there when you need them unlike friends.

They're complete strangers in comparison.
>>
>>29763258
It really depends on the friends, because I've had some shitty friends that would get to know me then use that against me. My father, that I always brushed off and contradicted in my rebellious years was always there, ready to catch me when I fell. I discovered that he had always been there, but I was so blind because I thought friends actually gave a shit. It's ultimately down to you, but really, family is so underrated and there is a lot of love to be shared that you might not have known you could even muster.
>>
>>29763237
Yep. I just think people wanna play nice and pretend, nobody wants to be reminded of the fact that the family is actually dysfunctional and that some members simply have no connection or became estranged. Personally I don't think it's terrible or sad, I would much prefer if all parties just acknowledged it. You can still be friendly or help each other when there's a real emergency.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.