[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ghosted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 18
File: 1456796021003.jpg (568 KB, 1272x1094) Image search: [Google]
1456796021003.jpg
568 KB, 1272x1094
>Make a thread a few days ago about being bored and lonely
>start talking to one anon
>he's really cool, has a lot of the same beliefs as I do
>he feels a lot of the same feels as I do, never had anyone sympathise with me that much before
>get into a really interesting conversation
>he tells me that he has to go to bed but would really like to talk to me again
>Gives his email to talk later
>message him
>never get a reply
>check inbox every hour for 2 days now
>still nothing

It really sucks because I felt like we could have been nice friends. Now I'm just spending another night bored and alone, like every other night

Anyone else here been /ghosted/? Share your feels...
>>
I'm normally the one doing the ghosting- but not on purpose. My anti depressants make my memory shit, so I can't remember to message people back. By the time I do, too much time has passed already and any hopes of a relationship are gone.
Sorry it happened to you though OP.
>>
If you boast a roast, prepare for the ghost
>>
Last year I was messaging another anon with nice hands, but after awhile he stopped messaging. I understand if I'm so boring you don't want to message me, but could you atleast say that instead of disappearing.
>>
File: perv.jpg (168 KB, 660x677) Image search: [Google]
perv.jpg
168 KB, 660x677
>talking someone by email
You have one problem M8
>>
File: img-thing.jpg (10 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.jpg
10 KB, 300x300
c-can i talk to you op im tired of getting ghosted too
>>
File: ChrpHxQVIAAud7X.jpg large.jpg (15 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
ChrpHxQVIAAud7X.jpg large.jpg
15 KB, 256x256
>tfw you hate skype steam and discord but are forced to download these piles of shits to make friends
>can't make any friends on here without people trying to bait me for neckbeard pictures
>>
>>29760929
pretty please op
>>
File: 1461444332677.jpg (13 KB, 229x350) Image search: [Google]
1461444332677.jpg
13 KB, 229x350
>>29760573
It's okay friend. But next time at least apologise before you leave. It'd mean the world to them

>>29760737
I'd prefer them to lie to my face about their reason for leaving instead of just leaving with one

>>29760888
He gave me a throwaway email so we could talk more

>>29760929
Hello Anon. Are you alone and virtually friendless as well?

>>29760958
I never plan on letting people see me for other reason. not because I'm ugly or I have a neckbeard, just because I don't like being recognised and stuff

Also nice anime girl
>>
File: 1467540408372.jpg (66 KB, 600x720) Image search: [Google]
1467540408372.jpg
66 KB, 600x720
>>29761111
He must forgot to check his emails .
>>
File: Umm.png (19 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
Umm.png
19 KB, 500x450
>>29761111
i-im almost alone but i have a boyfriend
inb4 reeeee im a faggot trap and dick was pretty much my only choice plus hes a robot too
i just want a friend that i can practice talking to so maybe i wont be so autistic but everyone i talk to ends up getting tired of me or something and just stops responding or blocks me
i havent had any irl friends since 5th grade and no long term (more than maybe 2 weeks) online ones for maybe 3-4 years
i have severe social problems and cant talk to people for more than 3 seconds and even accidentally saying hello wrong haunts me for months
ive been trying to get better but having no friends at all kind of lowers my confidence
what about you friend
why are you alone? if you dont mind me asking i mean ok
>>
>>29761111
well thank you her name is ebina nana
and if you need a friend just ask
i can use any of those 3 apps for ya
>>
>>29761111
Hi Anon, I can talk to you, I'm a cyborg who secretly smokes a lot of weed and watches anime, but I blend in with normie society for money

I'm a busy guy but I'm attached to my phone -- I forget people exist but always reply to messages and am happy to have long conversations. Does this work for you? We can talk about anime, which is something I'm just now getting back into.
>>
>be in a similar situation to OP except the reverse
>get message from an anon
>get extremely nervous and dont know what to say so I just ignore it out of fear
>feel guilty but there is no turning back, if I talk to him now it will only be more awkward because of the long wait between replies
>>
>>29761311
hello, I'll be your friend
how can I contact you
>>
>>29761358
this is a meme, people are perfectly OK with getting a message after a few days or even a week or two, people have lives
>>
>>29761381
d-do you have an email? i dont have a skype anymore
i havent really talked to anyone in a while since last time i was ghosted
please post yours posting mine makes me too nervous
>>
>>29761414
people are more likely to have an anonymous skype than an anoymous email, you need to get skype back -- don't worry, most robots won't want you to use the cam

anonymous.augustus on skype, also anony_augustus on Twitter, I'm not the guy you replied to -- I'm friendly cyborg guy a few posts up
>>
>>29761414
[email protected]
there you go new friendo
>>
>>29760573
>Give a new email to anon
>Forget password
>Can't log in
:(
>>
I cant last talking 1 on1
>>
>match with girl on tinder
>she's really fucking into me
>tfw i'm currently ghosting her right now
I'm a KV and I do this to girls all the time, don't know why.
>>
>>29761299
Boy I really hope so. Maybe he's reading this thread right now?

>>29761311
Jesus Christ Anon, I can't imagine having it that bad....
At least the anon in this thread wants to be your friend. Just don't assume he's going to abandon you and maybe things will go well. Is your boyfriend LDR? I feel like irl relationships would be a lot more beneficial in terms of boosting confidence and getting better at talking to people

I think I have some kind of social phobia or something. When I used to talk to people irl everyone would find me funny and I could make friends with virtually anyone but nowadays I feel like everyone (online, since that's the only social interaction I get) would try to hurt me sooner or later so I shy away form all those robot social things. I should really stop being so dumb....

>>29761324
If you have a skype It'd be nice to make friends. My problem though is I'm usually so bored and have no interest in anything so I'm a really slow replier sometimes while at others I reply really fast

>>29761328
It'd be really nice to make a friend but I'm not very interesting and I haven't watched anime in a long time

>>29761477
I'm bad at group conversations but 1 on 1 isn't as bad in my opinion
>>
>>29761662
making friends is how you create the interests that get you more friends, it's a cycle you just have to jump into
>>
>>29761662
my boyfriend moved here to be with me. i have pretty good confidence in a lot of stuff but social situations are horrible for me. i dont really assume everyone will abandon me because i know theres a little bit of nice people out there, but i prepare myself for the worst just incase because im a little sensitive. is there a reason you feel like everyones gonna hurt you? or did it just kinda come to be that way because i know i used to at least not be this bad. i think all you really need is a nice friend
>>
>>29760465
>Some anon makes the typical I have nobody thread
>Talk to him for a while
>Make quick mail Skype, etc
>Talk for a bit
>Never reply back but keep logged
>Hey, hey are you there?, Etc
>Two weeks later get last mail asking me if I'm ok
>Either ignore him or male some excuse about not being able to pay the internet bill
>Never reply again anyways
>>
>meet 2 girls on tinder
>one is not that attractive, a bit overweight, hispanic
>but she loves asoiaf, the show, all kinds of fantasy and shit
>similar interests
>we hit it off and talk a lot about the books and television and film
>huge ass messages
>get sick of it halfway through, reminds me of my ex
>say i'd message her the next day to pick up on movie discussion
>never do
>she messages me 3 times and i just never respond

talking to people and getting to know them is too tiresome and too much work
>>
>>29761819
You should have stringed her along for some fun, the more you build her up the better the fall
>>
>>29761769
does your boyfriend give you dickings?
>>
>>29760465
I know that feel.

>typical alone thread
>the feels are hitting hard today
>"grill" offers to talk to me
>accept give throw away email
> only get one word responses till eventual ghosting.

I know I am not a artist when it comes to conversations but wew that was painful

ghosted by a few robots and femanons some from out of nowhere but others had let me know about real world stuff going on so I just wished them well.

lately I've been ghosted by a mtf.
>>
>tfw not ghosted by anyone.

fucking cucks
>>
>>29761819
>other girl, black
>she's moderately attractive, has gigantic tits
>interests in (again) asoiaf, the show, marvel comics, nerdy shit
>is a staunch civil rights opinion holder but it doesn't bother me because i lean left anyway
>have a date and meet her
>gigantic tits damn
>arm fat, body like a refrigerator, no ass
>great
>ride out the date at this expensive hipster place
>go to a park after and kiss a bit, i get boners but i'm really not that into it
>it's hot as fuck outside (florida) after a storm, humid
>we eventually sit on a bench and kiss a bit, she's embarrassed in public whatever
>she wants to stay and watch the sunset (it sets at 8:30) and it's 7pm
>i'm really not into it and say i gotta go
>leave
>text her when i'm home it's not gonna work for me and never heard from her since
>>
>>29761881
nah man. maybe if she were more attractive, but i couldn't even bring myself to try to reply to her. it was too much for me, i didn't want to talk at length about any of that with her.

>>29761966
>another girl, asian qt in her profile
>age says 22
>profile claims actually 18
>text her for a bit, find out she's 17 and graduating high school lol
>cautious about it, but meet anyway at a panera
>almost don't recognize her (actually, i don't recognize her) because she had trick photos not showing her huge arms and face fat
>jesus fucking christ
>the moment i see her i know i'm never gonna pursue this further
>sit down anyway and drop ~20 on lunch for us
>chatting a bit, she's actually kinda cool except for a lot of red flags
>said she has "gone through a lot of shit" and was bullied
>said she had problems stress eating and shit (nervously laughing about it too)
>wanted to get in shape for a summer body she said but i feel like she'd never actually put in the effort
>kiss her at the end, was kind of into her and thus stiff. had trouble walking back to car
>a week or so passes and i eventually get more and more unresponsive to texts
>to the point she sends me snaps i never open
>and finally a few texts, the last one being "Have I ever told you you have a cute laugh and I love it when you smile?" or some cheesy bullshit
>NOPE
>never reply and block her on all media
>>
>>29762143
You're like a fucking woman.
>>
>>29762202
how? all but one of them were deceitful in some way about their appearance, which is a huge turnoff for me. the asian girl was clearly way too into me and she barely knew me, and i just got out of a relationship where she was obsessively into me but had a fuckton of issues so that it would never work. in college i tried to court this girl who had been raped in middle school and she had a ton of body image issues among other mental issues. after that blew up in my face i told myself i'd never fuck around with a woman plagued by body image/self esteem issues anymore
>>
File: 1455724916829.png (211 KB, 500x361) Image search: [Google]
1455724916829.png
211 KB, 500x361
>>29761712
I know this sounds counter intuitive but it's a lot harder than that, for me at least. I just can't get interested in ANYTHING, or at the very least I can but then I'll quickly lose interest and get bored. It's shitty experience

>>29761769
It's not only that for me though. I feel like I can get bored of people really easily and neglect them a bit and then that leads them to not talk to me as much either and which leads to me not talking to them for longer and so on and so forth until they eventually just don't want to reply

I feel like I'm unintentionally ruining myself unless they're a really interesting person then I can talk to them forever (like the guy I described in the op)

I just don't even know really

>>29761937
I find it hard to even put myself out there and talk to people. I've always been told I'm a good conversationalist, I just don't know where it all goes wrong
>>
I'm ghosted too
Feels bad.
>>
>>29762370
I rarely do give out my email and put myself out their so to speak.

only when the feeling of being alone gets quite harsh do I bother. however I found I am getting better at being alone and keep quite active with solo activties and hobbies

I'd say im an average to below average conversationalist
>>
>>29760465
I a friend in real life who I only stayed in touch with online. Eventually he stopped signing on. I sent him an email about a thing and he never replied to me then either, which was strange. I'm not sure if he's even still alive.
>>
>tfw I'm the one who ghosts everyone
>tfw do it because they're all most likely better off without me
>>
>>29762509
How do you put yourself out there and make friends Mr Anon?
>>
>>29763320
Like I said it's something I rarely do, I only go into foreveralone threads when Im feeling especially shitty and talk in the threads then maybe drop my email if someone takes interest.

I don't really have any friends, I wouldn't consider the people I talk to on email friends as conversation doesnt get that deep desu
>>
File: 1467689567145.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467689567145.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
Look in your inbox
>>
I've been mulling it over, and I think I will tell my 2 steam friends that I don't want to continue. Known them both for a couple years. I just feel like I've completely dried up, socially. It takes so much energy just to say Hello.
>>
>tfw ghost people because I become afraid they don't like me

I've had a lot of people go behind my back and now I just assume everyone hates me but is too "nice" to admit it.
>>
I've deleted and ghosted so many contacts I don't think I can keep count.
not because I don't like them, but because I can never connect with most people.
It sucks but I just gotta live with it.
>>
>>29760465
kys tripfag and stop taking our word and not even using the picture we made for it.
>>
>>29762724
People with bad self-esteem are the worst.
>>
What the fuck is "ghosting"? Is it another word for "ignoring"? Why not just say "they ignore me"? Is this some normalfag cellphone talk?
>>
>>29765042
Imagine talking to a person and becoming acquainted with them, then suddenly they fade away and it turns out they were a ghost the entire time. Like in High Plains Drifter.
>>
File: 1435778142718.jpg (7 KB, 180x253) Image search: [Google]
1435778142718.jpg
7 KB, 180x253
>>29760465
>get drunk often in the evening
>try to talk to people on omemegle
>add people from here and /soc/
>wake up
>delete and block everyone because i'm not sure if i said some stupid shit or not while drunk
>feel really bad for doing so
I'm sorry famalams.
>>
File: 1467737100014.png (241 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
1467737100014.png
241 KB, 576x324
>tfw people start asking you for contact so you have to stop posting in the thread
People are scary.
>>
I have one question. If you have regular contact with someone for weeks and that person cuts off the contact, seemingly out of the blue, do you have an obligation to pursue the reason why the contact came to an end? Note that no mistake was made.
>>
>>29765352
If it's a female human bean, give up.
>>
>>29761111
I try to. I feel like I am always apologizing though, and that isn't fair to them in the slightest. Figure that time is better spent elsewhere.
Just wanted you to know that it isn't always them ghosting you on purpose. Sometimes there is a legitimate reason as to why.
>>
I do this. Whenever I have a decent experience with another person, my anxiety makes it very difficult to meet with them again, because I doubt I'll be able to pull off two good days in a row.
It's almost like it's better to have the other person want to meet you without being able to than to have the relationship drift apart gradually once they realize how boring you are.
It's been a few years since I've really had any experience with this whole socializing thing, though, so I'm just pulling this from memory.
>>
File: 1464844973049.gif (152 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
1464844973049.gif
152 KB, 500x516
>get cute effeminate boys off of 4chan
>exchange lewd emails once or twice
>abandon them after I've used them up

Is this just a fraction of what it feels like to be Chad?
The power is intoxicating
>>
>loner
>can't connect with anyone
>self-abassing

wow we're the best worst cowboys ever
>>
>>29763543
thank you.....

>>29765918
It's okay anon. I understand you don't want to. I just wish people wanted to.
>>
>tfw ghost people because i am scared im going to say something wrong
i-i'm sorry..
>>
>>29761819
>>29761966
>>29762143
You seem like an asshole. I feel bad for all these girls
>>
File: Screenshot_20160503-113034.png (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160503-113034.png
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>29760465
Happens with me but with people I known for several months/ years.
>>
>>29760465
>only ever had one online friend
>talk a bit for two weeks
>i'm too insecure to talk about my interests or video call or anything
>have nothing to offer
>eventually ghost him because i know I'm boring and he's much better and more interesting than me
>>
>>29765352
It's not an obligation but if you want to know what went wrong then go ahead. They'd probably want to talk about it anyway
>>
>>29760465

>be me
>4'11"
>white
>male
>one eye
>hearing aids
>just turned 38
>no one would hire me
>no one would date me
>no one would even play minecraft with me
>literally every time i've reached out to make friends, they all subtly fade away over the course of days/months.

Remember that these people have been taught: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." If they're not saying anything at all to you, there's nothing nice to say about you.

Will kill self as soon as mother passes away.
>>
File: 1467528421780.png (224 KB, 540x557) Image search: [Google]
1467528421780.png
224 KB, 540x557
>>29767687
I think having a bf with one eye would be neat. Maybe it's just cause it's exotic or maybe cause I feel bad when others are put through stuff like that.
besides you can still look handsome with one eye
>>
File: 1467756152819.png (1007 KB, 1711x1664) Image search: [Google]
1467756152819.png
1007 KB, 1711x1664
if anyone feels like chatting, I'm up for it.
>>
>>29762143
I kinda feel you, man. you're still an ass, but I've done the same thing. fat/vulnerable girls on okc and tinder are great for a confidence boost but after you meet them they are just disappointing and you remember you were really faking interest in them the whole time.

I haven't found a girl I'm truly interested in beyond a cure for bitter loneliness in years. probably since 2012.
>>
>meet guy on here
>message on skype
>don't have skype on my PC so I use my phone
>accidentally start video call
>tfw he saw my face

Immediately went dark right there.
>>
File: 1438878337181.png (526 KB, 643x469) Image search: [Google]
1438878337181.png
526 KB, 643x469
>>29760465
I feel you bud. The worst part is that I can't really blame them, I must really be a boring person. I have literally zero friends.
>>
>tfw I'm ghosting scum
I don't even want to ghost people... I just panic horribly when people keep trying to talk to me
>>
>>29769395
This
I just can't handle conversation and meetups. I always end up ignoreing them and praying they just get tierd of me and stop emailing me
I feel awfull about it ;_;
>>
> meet a few girls off tinder for dates
> we chat in between but it gets more and more sparse
> eventually they don't message back at all
> this happens every time

Then I come online to have some meaningless fun only to be more ignored here than on the street. At least outside people have to look at me and acknowledge me when I talk to them.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.