[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any of you ever join the military or consider joining? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: military.jpg (913 KB, 3000x1950) Image search: [Google]
military.jpg
913 KB, 3000x1950
Any of you ever join the military or consider joining? I'm 19 with a ged, a few community college credits, and really no idea of what I want.

I've always been some what attracted by the structured environment of the military, but always thought being a robot might end up making it hell.

I've read that after all the training and shit it's pretty easy and you just do mundane shit all day for money, which seems kind of suited for someone like me. Any exp with this?
>>
>>29758829
Jesus Christ m8 don't. I thought joining the army would help me get over my depression (kek!).

It's fucking awful m8, being a no life neet is far better because at least you have some freedom with what the fuck you do in you life.

Does waking up at 5am to run 7 miles on a Monday sound like fun? It's fucking not. Especially when you do a fucking 7 mile ruck the next day.
Not to mention doing nothing all day, literally just sitting around and like 20 minutes before you get off work somebody comes in and gives you some 2-3 hour detail THAT YOU COULD HAVE DONE AT ANY OTHER POINT IN THE FUCKING DAY BUT FOR SOME REASON THEY DECIDE TO DO IT NOW.

It may just be my experience because I fell for the combat arms meme, some of the pog jobs seem not to bad. But please, I have 2 yrs to go out of a 3 yr contract and I'm already pretty fucking suicidal. Figure if I do it I'll go out in style cause I chose the airborne meme too.

Coast guard is fucking awesome, AF isn't terrible. Avoid Army at all costs, you will kill yourself if you go muhreens
>>
>>29758829
I'm currently in the Army. I dont advise it. The Airforce or Navy are more suited to robots.
>>
NEVER go Army, OP.

You WILL be stuck babysitting the lowest common denominator in the entire country.
You WILL be the ones paying for their fuckups.
You WILL become suicidal if not already.
You WILL get shit pay.
You WILL be bored or stressed the fuck out. There are no other feelings in the military.

Does that sound fun?
>>
>>29759649
>>29759689
>>29759789
Fuck, I always thought that if I'd joined the army it'd help me overcome my shit-tier self. Sounds like I'll just fuck myself though.

You guys talking about the af and navy, would you guys recommend it, or would you say fuck the military life all together? I've been a pseudo neet for the past 5 years, and I actually want to try before my soul gets crushed even further and it's too late.
>>
>>29759984
Coast Guard and AF are the only viable choices. They get treated A LOT better, less bull shit. Pretty decent life all together. I went army infantry because "Lel I don't want to be some pog pussy amirite guiz ;^))))" worst mistake of my life. I'm on a shared base with af right now so I get to see how much better they have it.

Overall, I'd say those 2 branches aren't too bad. But if you have another way I'd avoid military life all together. I'm getting out for good in 2 years and I literally cannot wait.
>>
Army infantry vet here, don't do what I did.

Go Navy or Air Force. Some job skills can be transferred easily to a cushy civilian job. There are more women in these branches, and a whole lot less negros (you will grow to loathe their laziness, criminality and blatant unchecked racism). You also will go to nicer places than shithole Southern bases in negro cities.

Socialization comes through shared adversity and group cohesion. Work out before you go so you don't stand out as a weak link. Learn to small talk and bullshit, as you will sit around and do nothing for a while. Get off base as soon as you can. Remember that some people will try to climb on top of you to make themselves look good. Read up on social dynamics to be able to spot snakes and truly good people. Don't take shit and punch anyone who tries to dominate you. Learn about your MOS before you go and try to get rank before you ship off.

Don't commit to more than 4 years. Don't get married while you are in if you are deployable.

Etc., so forth...
>>
>>29760181
>>29760049
What sort of jobs within those branches should I go for? I know college credits count for something, but I don't know if they help with getting a certain job or is it just for promotion?

I'll still keep this as an option, but now I'm considering just going to college or something and see how that plays out.
>>
File: cobsinkorea.png (62 KB, 1299x601) Image search: [Google]
cobsinkorea.png
62 KB, 1299x601
>>29760346
As far as jobs go I would recommend something along the mechanical side, helicopter or fixed wing.

I'm in the army and I fix helicopters (ch47) and while I really enjoy doing that job being in the army makes me miserable. Wake up at 6 to do PT every morning, work all day. It leaves you so goddamn exhausted.
Honestly the worst part about it which is making me more and more bitter each day is having a fucking annoying normie for a roomate.

Theres probably some other shit I missed but honestly it helped me out a lot, I can take care of myself now at least, but that still leaves me a fucking wreck either way.
Also the pay is a goddamn joke, I've only managed to save about 11,000 over the course of a year and a half.

Good luck with whatever you do you faggot.

PS military doesn't help you get laid at all, I'm still KHV atleast.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.