[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys I'm freaking the fuck out I don't wanna lose
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: rdfhgcv.png (17 KB, 509x619) Image search: [Google]
rdfhgcv.png
17 KB, 509x619
Guys I'm freaking the fuck out

I don't wanna lose my job

I work at a grocery store and I'm not sure if someone tricked me into giving them $50. My town is a tourist town so $100 bills isn't unusual. I put in the system that he gave me $50 and I put the bill under the tray where >$20 bills go. He said he gave me a $100 and I didn't think twice. I was so tired then and I'm praying that he didn't con me. I need to pay attention to this shit more. I'm breathing really hard and my heart is beating fast. I think I'm having a panic attack. Help
>>
hahah
wagies
>>
As long as they didn't train you to avoid that particular scam, you probably won't get terminated.

When I fell for a quick change scam and lost a hundred clams, I didn't get fired because we don't get trained on that particular trick. But when a coworker fell for a phone scam and activated a prepaid card over the phone, he got fired, because we're trained specifically not to do that.
>>
>>29757893
They will penalty probably think I stole $50 though. ):
>>
>>29758061
Looks like you'll have to give back $50 wagie :^)

Oh, wait.. That's most of your paycheck? Better not fuck up again. :^)
>>
Explain it to your manager immediately. Apologize and say you'll cover the shortage if the register is short at the end of the day. Quick change scams can be really tricky and often you don't realize what's happened until the scammer is gone. Any manager who deals with cashiers knows this. Just be honest, apologize, and offer to make things right, and say you'll be more vigilant. You'll be okay.
>>
>>29758061
There's a camera pointed directly at each register. There will be video evidence that you didn't steal it.
>>29758099
Many stores have policies forbidding employees from making up shortages with their own money.
>>
All you can do is be honest with your boss at this point.
>>
>>29758160
>>29758127
Thanks guys I appreciate it. I'm going to chill out and listen to music so I can forget about this and maybe get to sleep. I'm so tired
>>
If there's a disagreement with change, have a manager reconcile your cash to see if there's a variance

Your manager won't let you replace it with your own money. If you legit fucked up and you know it, you're supposed to pay it out of pocket and into the register BEFORE mgmt finds the shortage
>>
if they say anything just let them know what happened and offer them the money out of your check
>>
Grocery store usually has high enough margins to cover shorts like that. Just explain it, be earnest, and be prepared for a write up. You might get probation or something, but you shouldn't get fired for your first mistake.

Trust me, I've been there before, numerous times over the years, heh. I don't even fret about it anymore.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.