[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pretend capitalism is fair?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8
File: feminism.jpg (207 KB, 750x1124) Image search: [Google]
feminism.jpg
207 KB, 750x1124
Why do people pretend capitalism is fair?
>>
What are you 14?

What do you have a hard on for today child? Anarchy or communism that has never been tried?
>>
It can be pretty good when the capital owners don't make the laws.
>>
It's at least consistent, unlike the unfairness that occurs when trusting people instead of money.
>>
Global capitalism is bad normal capitalism can be ok
>>
>>29757319
>>29757354
Basically these

Capitalism is only as shit as it is because the people with the most capital don't actually abide by the principles of the free market
>>
Who said life is fair?
>>
>>29757283
Culture industry, ignorance, religion
>>
>>29757283
Why do you pretend that fairness is good?
>>
>>29757464

What is goodness?

What is fairness?
>>
>>29757319
make THIS law (i am indicating my penis)
>>
>>29757490
Goodness: things I like
Fairness: everyone being treated equally

Why should I like everyone being treated equally?
>>
>>29757490
goodness is that which is good.

fairness is that which is covered in drawings of penises.
>>
>>29757509
But equality doesn't exist though anon, life is inherently unfair.
>>
>>29758391
You're right! The point I was making is that there's no reason that life *should* be fair, because fairness is not necessarily good.
>>
>>29757379
what is "abide by the principles of the free market" supposed to mean?
>>
>>29758479
>because fairness is not necessarily good.
brainwashed cuck. they didn't have to work very hard with you, did they?
>>
>>29758510
That the magical genie will fix everything.
>>
>>29757283

Define "Fair"
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
Capitalism is the purest economic/political system. It captures the fundamental fractal nature of the universe. Both capitalism and evolution share same core aspects of selective pressure. It doesn't matter whether capitalism is fair or not, it is quite literally the most efficient and effective way of manifesting humanity's collective will to progress and evolve further.
>>
>>29758529
Why should people be treated equally, if they aren't actually equal? You're denying reality in favor of ideology.
>>
Capitalism is a system of everyone for themselves. To be successful from a monetary stand point (billions of dollars earned), it's literally a combination of privilege, hard hard work, timing, pure luck, endless motivation, who you know and intelligence. When you factor all of this into someone who wants to start a business in the right market with a potentially grand idea, then there is a chance of absolute success. Capitalism is supposed to be a system that says that anyone can make it, but the reality is that not everyone is equal in all of those things I mentioned. Not everyone will make it because of lack of motivation or drive or maybe shitty circumstances from the beginning (born into poverty, disabled physically or mentally). Then there are those who just can't beat the big guys. Sam Walton was a lucky son of a bitch when his little Walmart department store in Arkansas grew to be the most gigantic department store in America and practically the world. He was able to do that because of capitalism. But now that he has made his mark, you'd have to come around with a small business and make it bigger than Mr. Walton's business. Capitalism offers the opportunity but the likelihood is very very unlikely. Capitalism says that social and economic hierarchism is natural and just the way it is. Not everyone can make it.
>>
>>29758621
>Not everyone can make it.
Not everyone should.
>>
>>29758555

In monopoly everyone starts with equal money. In chess both sides start with the same amount of pieces and there's moves they're allowed to do and not allowed to do.
>>
>>29758607
people should have equal opportunity to succeed. what they do with those opportunities should determine their success. instead, we basically have a royal class that will never be ousted because they start with too many advantages. very few rich people deserve to be rich based on the merit of what they bring to this world. but you would have them succeed while a smart or hardworking person from a lower class family struggles to survive.

this is what unrestrained capitalism leads to.
>>
>>29758662
you're an idiot.

i bet you fell hook, line and sinker for the whole libertarian meme.
>>
>>29758693
>people should have equal opportunity to succeed
Why? Why should we waste opportunities on people who won't use them? Why should we limit people who could utilize more? If you have a bum and a scientist and you give each of them $100, you're wasting half your money.
>>
>>29757283

Laissez-faire capitalism is the fairest system because it is the freest, allowing individuals to rise and fall based only on their own merits. The government only exists to protect individual rights through rule of law, the police, the court system and protection of the nation from external and internal threats with the military. (Personally I add firefighters, traditional definition doesn't, that's just me).

The law is applied equally to everyone and focuses on making sure things that directly harm individuals like fraud or pollution are punished.

The system that's best for the individual to thrive or flourish or be as much as a bum as they want, is the fairest.
>>
>>29758711
You're an idiot for trying to go against the natural order of things.

>libertarian meme
Libertarians are just as lowly as commie scum.
>>
>>29758743
>Why should we waste opportunities on people who won't use them?
you're not wasting opportunities if people don't use them.

you're too dumb to continue this conversation. for your sake, i hope you're still in high school.
>>
>>29757283
Because they mistakenly associate fairness with correctness.
>>
>>29757283

The fairness of capitalism is a myth consciously designed to keep workers in line. Why try to change the system if you believe that you can strike it rich with just a bit of elbow grease? Even better, when you don't succeed, you'll blame yourself for not working hard enough instead of blaming the economic system for being exploitative.
>>
>>29758769
I'm 24. I'll give you a more concrete example.

We currently fund school for both black and white people. School costs money, and the blacks largely waste it. Why shouldn't we abandon them, and give that funding to the whites?
>>
>>29758743
Honestly poor people shouldn't even exist, if your too stupid to get rich why would you even live? Why not just kill people below a certain income? It's not like they're doing anything for the advancement of humanity.
>>
>>29758834
Because they'd kill us instead. Might makes right.
>>
File was too large.
http://imgur.com/473Buwu
>>
>>29758853
Haha what how would a poorfag kill you when you can buy a tank
>>
>>29758885
Agreed.
Power of the people has been a meme since the invention of the gattling gun.

Now we have $5 IR motion sensors you can't get past unless you have someone on the inside to cut off the system and shut down generators.

There's no way to get to anyone rich and famous in a first world nation.
>>
File: algoreinternet.jpg (37 KB, 262x340) Image search: [Google]
algoreinternet.jpg
37 KB, 262x340
>>29758602
it's a big piece of bait, I'll give you that
>>
File: 1454722438307.jpg (59 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1454722438307.jpg
59 KB, 600x600
>>29758753

However, any system we have is a mixed system so it's not going to be fair, I just don't blame the unfairness on the free, capitalist portion of it. And the government's not the direct cause of every problem, but can be indirect cause as well. For instance, public schooling creates a social system that is very unfair and we live with it our whole lives. What's not to say freeing the system and letting creative individuals make new forms of education, would also revolutionize the social system? Make it less caste-like?

Just a thought. Legalize weed.

Life's still unfair since I didn't get to bang cheerleaders but whatever fuck this gay normie universe.
>>
File: Homeless Vet.jpg (31 KB, 300x327) Image search: [Google]
Homeless Vet.jpg
31 KB, 300x327
>>29758753

>capitalism
>meritocracy

No.
>>
>>29759072
Education is for those who are passionate about learning. Curious people who want to learn and engage in knowledge or create new things or ideas. Who cares if the public education is garbage when you can learn anything on the Internet. The world wide web has terabytes of information on almost anything and most people use it to vent on anon forums like this one or connect on normiebook or watch stupid Yt videos.
>>
>>29759109

The example you present has nothing to do with economics. That's the social system. That's up to you. The economic system of capitalism says you're free. It's up to the individuals to decide what to do with it.

Do you blame the video game when you fail at it or do you "git gud"? How individuals treat each other is up to them. Capitalism is neutral on the matter, only that they don't violate each other's rights.
>>
>>29758510
idz da free market

I ain't gotta explain shit
>>
File: helmet1.jpg (53 KB, 420x294) Image search: [Google]
helmet1.jpg
53 KB, 420x294
>>29759226
Individuals or not, there is something wrong with a country's soldiers getting paid substantially less than their athletes.
>>
File: 1463892205352.png (40 KB, 688x750) Image search: [Google]
1463892205352.png
40 KB, 688x750
>>29759226
Capitalism is not neutral, it prefers seduction and whoring ones self out, as opposed to taking something by force or owning and maintaining it through homestead.

You shouldn't be able to own land you never will use.
>>
>>29757379
>replies to post about regulation
>muh free market
>>
>>29760665
If you believe this you are completely fucking retarded, they get payed that much because so many people watch them and the sport brings in so much revenue.
>>
File: 1424652609668.jpg (189 KB, 1024x896) Image search: [Google]
1424652609668.jpg
189 KB, 1024x896
>>29760939
Its the principle that counts, this is why capitalism is degenerate, it always appeals to whatever sells the most.
>>
>>29757283
Why do people pretend objective fairness exists?
>>
>>29760969
Not the same guy but it's not that it 'sells', it's that there's very few people good enough to compete with other top football players so the supply is low while pretty much every able bodied man can be a soldier, even under a fascist regime soldiers wouldn't be paid as much as people whose skills are rarer
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.