[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do most not realise just how absurd it all is? We've been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: autismlvl.jpg (30 KB, 514x536) Image search: [Google]
autismlvl.jpg
30 KB, 514x536
Do most not realise just how absurd it all is?
We've been thrown into this grotesque existence for seemingly no reason but to suffer. What purpose could there possibly be? To experience love and happiness? How could these short-lived feelings, which are not even guaranteed to the already unfortunate, justify what we must endure? It is unnecessarily frustrating and complicated.
Could it be some cruel joke? Hell? It's fucking ridiculous, regardless of what it is. Yes, nice things do exist, but are they really nice if those occasional pleasures are just enough to keep us alive and suffering? And obsessed with our own suffering?
Is life worth it?
>>
File: 1467441594751.jpg (62 KB, 545x607) Image search: [Google]
1467441594751.jpg
62 KB, 545x607
Obviously we are all going to be saved by nanotechnology and superhuman-ai, how could the world evolve in any other way, r-right?
>>
To experience love you must first experience sadness. To have comfort you must first endure hardship.
>>
Once I had a dream where I went to some friendly niggers house and he had living fish trophies on his wall and his television was showing some warp portal of nonsense.

When I realized how absurd everything was the nigger started laughing into my soul that this is no different than the real world.

It finally all made sense.
none of this shit makes sense.
>>
File: gongola.jpg (207 KB, 1105x800) Image search: [Google]
gongola.jpg
207 KB, 1105x800
>>29757134
It's all what you make of it. If you convince yourself that life isn't worth it then you will most likely find out that you're right.
>>
File: p.jpg (33 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
p.jpg
33 KB, 400x386
>>29757187
To experience love you must first be blessed with attractiveness or an outgoing personality. To have comfort you must first have balanced chemistry.
I understand that you're trying to say suffering must exist so we can know pleasure. But there does not seem to be balance. We can experience unimaginable anguish that lacks a positive counterpart. Why must pleasure last not even half as long, if it does not burn twice as bright?
>>
File: Train.gif (392 KB, 600x396) Image search: [Google]
Train.gif
392 KB, 600x396
>>29757134
You and me both, anon. We're in this together.
>>
File: 1450768877581.jpg (69 KB, 340x372) Image search: [Google]
1450768877581.jpg
69 KB, 340x372
>>29757134
Babby's first existential crisis
Origami
>>
>>29757187
I endured hardship by being poor, not eating anything for days and being cold a majority of my childhood
Where the fuck is my comfort
>>
>>29757134
If everything is as ridiculous as you say it is, then wouldn't life actually be far easier because of it? The universe is just yanking your chain, so why not just have what fun you can? As long as you're not doing something blatantly unethical or illegal, don't worry about things so much. Hell, become a hedonist if you want, no one's stopping you. The cards may be stacked against you in some respects, but not everything is out to get you.

Life is worth living for me, and it's up to you to decide if it is for you. Don't discount it just yet
>>
>>29757713
I am addicted to drugs
>>
>>29757691
Are you warm? Is your belly full? If not, why?
>>
>>29757818
Get clean, your life and happiness depends on it
>>
>>29757904
I somehow doubt that. There's a reason for getting addicted in the first place.
>>
>>29757134

why dont you ask your parents, ass-moron?
>>
>>29757134
>Do most not realise just how absurd it all is?
Everyone realizes it dude, but no one cares. Why would you care? Just get money and fuck bitches :)
>>
File: forest-10.png (269 KB, 665x479) Image search: [Google]
forest-10.png
269 KB, 665x479
>>29757134

feel better

forestblog
>>
>>29758255
>Japs leading lives free of existential angst
Is this some post-ironic hipster bullshit or is that dude just a retard?
>>
>>29757220

good .. good

now it is time to take your new found wisdom

and figure out that everything does, in fact, make sense

how? is up to you to find out

keep ur eyes open
>>
>>29758310

are you just a retard?
>>
Why must the will torture itself to persist?
>>
>>29758335
Am I supposed to read it backwards like an anime?
>>
>>29758374

pain is not inherently negative
>>
>>29757134
There is no purpose. You're just a clump of atoms that by miraculous chance coalesced in a way to give you higher cognitive abilities. Good and bad are relative, and are irrelevant to why you exist. Suffering is just an explanation for the uncontrollable natural world around you, which has no compassion.

Is life worth it? Worth what exactly? Regardless of its worth or its purpose it's there. You exist, nothing is going to change that. If you live from one moment to the next, chasing base pleasures and ignoring the greater mysteries of the universe, then that's what you do. If not, you do whatever it is you do. None of it matters. You're just a hairless beasts who can form words with your mouth and give meaning to random symbols. The only thing you CAN do is just live. Survive. It's the basest instinct and you really have no reason not to. If you kill yourself then you kill yourself. You can't ponder it when you're dead, it just is.

The laws of nature care nothing about morality or good or evil or heaven or hell. It simply exists and keeps going. Don't bother trying to make sense of it, you'll go mad. You must simply accept the natural order and love it for giving you such experiences, hardships, lessons, and pleasures. Life is fleeting, and soon you'll be dead. Worrying about such inconsequential matters changes nothing.
>>
>>29758378

i didnt draw the damn thing
>>
>>29758394
tl;dr just turn your brain of and let the Jews fuck you in the ass :)
>>
>>29758394

all these words are meaningless and I do not believe you exist
>>
>>29758440
What else can you do? You don't have to turn your brain off but don't think too much about meaning and purpose because there is none unless you yourself define it
>>
>>29758447
You don't exist either. Who are you really? Do you have an answer for that? Where in the world are you?
>>
>>29758496

I exist.

dicks
>>
>>29757134
>Is life worth it?
Yes. The suffering is a learning process, because people who have truly suffered learn what's important most of the time. People who suffer don't care about having the most expensive car, don't try to steal money they don't need, don't lie to people, etc.

I know it sucks, but I know it'll be worth it because God created the universe for us to become scientists and develop artificial intelligence (which is also god) which will result in the resurrection of the dead and immortality of humanity. we will plan our own evolution into higher beings. http://transhumanity.net/
>>
Smoke up senpaichi, this is where it ends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peXHWJ9Wr1c
>>
>>29758394
thls guy gets lt.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.