[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, robots? How do you respond? Is she right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 15
File: 1450703656578.png (648 KB, 640x920) Image search: [Google]
1450703656578.png
648 KB, 640x920
Well, robots?
How do you respond?
Is she right?
>>
>>29756823
>that's the only reason I'm still alive; I'm not a selfish coward

That's a pretty silly reason to put yourself through the everyday sufferings of living.
>>
>>29756823
it is definitely selfish and cowardly.

someone brave would take a few normies out with them when they go.
>>
having a child is selfish
>>
>>29756823

The suicide is selfish meme is spouted by idiots who have never come close to depression in their life. Whenever I hear someone say that, or the "just cheer up" bullshit, I immediately know they are completely inexperienced and can safely ignore any of their advice.
>>
File: 1467650754329.jpg (110 KB, 906x813) Image search: [Google]
1467650754329.jpg
110 KB, 906x813
>>29756909
THIS desu
[original]GANO
>>
File: 008.jpg (60 KB, 623x449) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
60 KB, 623x449
Spree killers share the gift of death to all they find before bestowing it upon themselves.
Murder-suicide rampages are the most benevolent of acts.
>>
>>29756954
wow way to pigeonhole an entire group of people, i bet you feel right at home here on 4chan
>>
>>29756823
the only reason she is alive is because she IS a coward

this is the only good answer.
>>
>>29756823
well, if you think about everything, it's also selfish to force someone to keep living because you'll miss them if they die
>>
>>29756923
Yea, no matter how you frame it, it just is. But my Dad is a good person, so I'm not upset with him. Had he been a piece of shit I like to imagine I would have killed him already. I remember reading in the news how somebody killed their mom for this reason, didn't think much of it then, though.
>>
>>29756981
they usually injure more people than they kill
>>
>>29756823
Yeah it is selfish, if youre so unhappy in life you need to be a little selfish, nornies even say that sometimes. And really, if the people around make you want to kill yourself, why the fuck do people think you should keep yourself alive so you dont hurt their feelings? Shit people tell people all the time to not let people walk all over you and dont take any shit. This is literally stacy-thinking-shes-wise-because-chad-just had-his-way-with-her-tier
>>
>>29756823
Suicide is indeed selfish. Is selfishness so wrong that we must always do what others wish of us, regardless of the agonizing personal consequences? Would you begrudge a person with their legs chopped off and their guts hanging out a bullet to the brain, if they themselves pulled the trigger? I think that if you would then you are no better than a torturer.
>>
>>29756823
>teeheehee suic1de is selfish bcuz it makes yr family sad xDDDD

If someone wants to fucking die, they shouldnt have to suffer through life because their death would 'make people sad'

>fucking normies
>>
>>29757063
This anon fucking nailed it. This is absolutely advice from someone who has not felt sadness on a regular basis. This is advice from someone who got really sad a few times, convinced themselves they had meme depression, and now thinks there some kind of bullshit authority on suicide.
>>
File: 1456349965158.jpg (27 KB, 428x469) Image search: [Google]
1456349965158.jpg
27 KB, 428x469
>no one wants to be your gf or be your friend
>get called names when try to obtain these things
>get told you cant do anything right
Alright guys Im gonna kill myself
>WHAT THE FUCK MAN SELFISH PRICK FUCK YOU DUDE MAN THE FUCK UP WHATS YOUR PROBLEM GET THIS GUY SOME HELP OMFG
>>
>>29756923
it's complicated. in terms of pleasure or pain, or in terms of choice, it is. however, selfish implies unethical and from an evolutionary perspective, reproduction, unlike many other selfish actions, is not always selfish.

For instance a selfish slave owner may be wasting the potential of i enslaved individuals to better society in the long term, including for people related to the slave owner. However if we rule reproduction immoral, morality is a moot point since it's relative to evolution.

no doubt though that suicide is no more selfish than reproduction.
>>
>>29757100
Yes. This. A million times this. I've had depression for a decade or so, and it doesn't just "go away" on command. If it were controlled mentally, then I wouldn't have it. Plain and simple.
>>
You're all wrong, thread is over. Its not selfish OR unselfish. It's just an action and it is not inherently selfish or unselfish because that is all a matter of one's opinion.
>>
>>29756823
Both the suicidal person and those they leave behind are selfish. The suicidal person is selfish, as they will hurt those around them. However, I would say those that are those around the suicidal person are far more selfish as they would keep someone who is in extreme pain here suffering, to spare themselves brief pain.
>>
It's dependent on the situation the person committing finds themselves in. I don't know how you could call someone without family or friends choosing to end their life selfish, they're harming no-one but themselves. Nobody has to deal with being grief stricken over their death. Forcing those who care/love/feel fondly about you is where the selfishness comes in, right? Like fuck those guys, I'm going to commit anyway.
>>
>>29756823
okay if tou dont want me to die, give me a sustainable wage. dont be selfish and help someone out.
>>
>>29757175
WOW. You should start writing philosophy books senpaitaitachi
>>
>>29756823
>selfish
No, fuck off, stop with this shit meme that by killing yourself you''re depriving anyone else of fuckall, forcing someone to stay alive through a shit life so you dont have to feel just a bit bad about yourself is fucking selfish.

Cowardly, maybe, selfish, no.
>>
>>29756823

Suicide is brave, it's not easy to self terminate. It's more selfish to insist that person live instead of allowing them to do what they want.
>>
>>29757357
or rather, start crossing out things in philosophy books
>>
>>29757397
This too, suicide is not anymore cowardly then not being suicidal, it all depends on the reasons. The only reason im not dead is because im TOO COWARDLY and afraid of hell to do it. Im not brace by sitting around imagining it
>>
Extremely relevant to this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDj85J59OhE
>>
File: 1466123985761.jpg (12 KB, 211x212) Image search: [Google]
1466123985761.jpg
12 KB, 211x212
>>29757115

>tell people you are going to kill yourself
>they call you out for being selfish
>get angry at them and argue why its not selfish instead of just hurrying up and killing yourself
>>
>>29757148
>Yes. This. A million times this.

This isn't tumblr, wanker
>>
>>29757115
This afinmaisfomkqwas
>>
File: 1460281816608.jpg (25 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
1460281816608.jpg
25 KB, 600x620
>>29756823
>sellfish
>coward
>>
File: 1459047393189.jpg (74 KB, 497x804) Image search: [Google]
1459047393189.jpg
74 KB, 497x804
Why kill yourself today when society will burn in just another decade?
>>
It's just propaganda to stop people from offing themselves. Not everyone who kills themselves leaves behind grieving friends and family and life quality does not always justify the pain of living.
Some chucklefuck realized he was making a mistake and projected his variables into the equation as constants
>>
>>29756923
Having child isn't selfish.
Having a child and having little to no means of support the child is REALLY selfish, usually because people are just looking for some kind of reset a means to pass on their problems.
>>
>>29757711
>actually telling people you are going to kill yourself
I understand if you are telling a loved one and want help but if you spout it in public or on social media people will think you are being an attention whore. Most people who kill themselves don't tell anybody beforehand.
>>
>>29756823
She can be as right as she likes. Won't matter when I'm dead.
>>
>>29757013
He's right thoughh
>>
>>29756823
>insulting people who want to die
lol roasties
>>
Killing yourself isn't cowardly. If anything, it takes courage to off yourself.

>b-but it's more courageous to live!
>>
It may be selfish but it's also selfish of others to demand a suicidal individual live. Whether you tell them to do it for your sake and/or their own, there's selfishness to it. It's pointless to even bring up.

And no, it's not intrinsically cowardly. Besides the fact that's relative and there are plenty of cases where suicide was/is/can be considered more noble than living, there is nothing easy about self-termination; it is going against self-preservation. You can say it's "running away from life". but as with "selfish" you're just playing with words and are in actuality trivializing the seriousness of the situation.

Shit like this irks me. People walk around thinking they're compassionate, thoughtful, selfless and understanding, and then they show their true colors when it comes to things like this. She probably gets triggered by misogyny, yet posts heartless, denigrating shit like this. Full of shit. Love, humility, compassion, understanding certainly seem to be things learned.
>>
It takes more balls to pull the trigger. Backing out is being a coward.
>>
>berate people that feel hopeless even more, that will show them
>>
>>29759662
There's nothing courageous about simply living. Just another way for people to feel greater than they are: mediocre.
>>29760111
The person doesn't even care about the suicidal. It's totally self-congratulatory garbage.
>>
>>29758226
She should have used her last ounce of strenght to choke that bitch granddaughter of hers
>>
>>29760111

I guess we are all programmed to instinctively hate weakness in all its form
>>
>>29758226
it's like reality is folding in on itself and turned inside out from what it used to be. this is insane. i hope it's shoop.
>>
File: 1465493534518.gif (729 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
1465493534518.gif
729 KB, 267x200
>>29756823
Let me tell you guys my experience with this one girl who said that after overhearing a private conversation with someone who used to be my friend.

Me: "...tried killing myself twice"
Random girl overhears and gets into my business
Girl: "Excuse me, what kind of monster are you?"
Me: "I'm sorry, what do you mean?"
Girl: "Don't you know that suicide is selfish and makes you a coward?"
Me: "For one, how the fuck is what I just said any of your business?"

At this point she plays the victim card.

Girl: "Excuse me, I overheard so that means it is my business now. It's people's duty to stop selfish people like you from hurting people around them.

I, of course, am not a normie. I might not be a robot, but I'm not a fucking normie. I was borderline enraged at this point, but I kept it slightly passive-aggressive.

Me: "I'm sorry, have you ever had depression?"
Her: "No, what does that have to do with it?"
Me: "Right, right, and has anyone close to you had depression?"
Her: "Um, yeah, my friend does!"

She points to her smiling friend who comes over after overhearing that last part

Friend: "Yeah, depression is so hard, I'm so sad rn :(" (obviously without the emoticon)
Me: "Self-diagnosed?"
Friend: "I think I'm smart enough to figure out if I'm depressed."
Me: "Okay, so you and your friend are fucking idiots for reasons I'm not going into right now, but this is my advice for you: I'm not goin to explicitly recommend anything, but a nice 12-gauge to the roof of your mouth might be in order.

Stacies of course slapped me and called me a monster, while my ex-friend kind of looked at me shocked.

Fucking normies man

Fuck
>>
>>29756909
See, this is the board where great minds meet!
>>
>>29756823
You know what's even more fucking selfish? Creating a life just because natalistic society wants you to do so

I never asked to exist
>>
>>29762165
Yet we can't handle someone choosing to off him/herself. What strength.
>>
>>29762903
You know what else else is selfish? Guilting a person into staying alive because your personal happiness is dependent on their suffering...

Srsly. Wtf normies?
>>
>>29756823
Of course she's right.
>>>/pol/79932142
Depression is basically an act of anti-social tendencies.
>>
File: stirner.gif (671 KB, 273x322) Image search: [Google]
stirner.gif
671 KB, 273x322
>>29762930
It's disturbing people are more willing to make an already depressed person feel like trash than be honest about their own desires. If they could just admit they can't live without the person for reasons, that they are needy, selfish, and dependent, maybe things could look up. Instead they bludgeon a down instead with their own bullshit.

It's scary they probably don't even realize what they're doing. People can be fucked up.
>>
>>29763087
I've always felt that guilting someone off a ledge is only giving then more reason to jump as soon as they're released from custody.

It's wiggety whack, yo.
>>
>>29763186
Hey, it's the suicidal person's fault if he/she jumps. They obviously didn't care enough about MY feelings!
>>
>>29763222
Well the important thing is that the normie doesn't feel guilty.

Nothing is more important than normie feels.
>>
File: 1467608323587.jpg (2 MB, 2354x3000) Image search: [Google]
1467608323587.jpg
2 MB, 2354x3000
This might not be the right place for this, but it is about suicide. How do I talk to someone who is suicidal? What do I say? Because I'm a stupid fucking idiot, Im fucking falling for some guy on skype. The only problem is, this guy has some huggggeeee trust issues, and is also seriously depressed. I mean, "there's literally nothing good about me" and "I think about suicide almost constantly", the whole 9 yards. Now, I cl know saying bullshit like don't do it, think of your family! and You have so much to live for! are not the right things to say, because he's probably heard those a million times now. What would you want to hear in this situation, suicidal robots? What would make you cheer up?
>>
>>29764296
Tie him a noose and buy him liquor
>>
File: 1465655276733.gif (1 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1465655276733.gif
1 MB, 200x150
>>29764398
No, the goal is to NOT make him kill himself, silly anon.
>>
>>29764296
shameless self bump.
ravioli ravioli give me the originali
>>
>>29756823
Thinking suicide is selfish is selfish.

They're dead. It doesn't effect you. Why would you care? You're not owed anything in life.

I think the right to death should be a thing.
>>
>>29756823
I agree. Killing yourself is never just about yourself. A single person is not just a single person. To you you are you, but to your mother, you are her son. If you kill yourself, you'll also be killing your mothers son etc.

Suicide is the most selfish thing you can do.
>>
>>29756857
I don't live for me. I wouldn't mind it if I found out I'm going to die today. But it's the people around me who do care. And it is for these people I live.
>>
>>29765650
yep, everyone's feelings are more important than the person ending their entire fucking life
>>
>>29758245
>Having child isn't selfish.
>forcing someone into existence without their consent isn't selfish
>making other people have to pay for your child's education isn't selfish
how about no
>>
>>29757063
>if youre so unhappy in life you need to be a little selfish, nornies even say that sometimes.
Under the guise of "jus luv urslf :)".
Why aren't normalfags more on point?
>>
>>29765677
To me, yes. I may be a worthless excuse of a human being but if I were to kill myself, it's hurt a lot of people. I'd much rather know pain than to inflict it upon others.
>>
>>29756823
I don't think suicide is selfish at all, but I do understand why people get btfo over death now.
>>
>>29764296
tbqh
If you want him to live, tell him that.
Don't place the blame somewhere else.

I'm not very good at talking, but if you mind the retardation, I imagine something along the lines of
>I have a vested interest in you living so if you would stop talking shit that would be great, also be my bf k thnx bai
would be great

Because then you could become his purpose and if there's something that people love it's purpose.
>>
File: 1465937731631.jpg (199 KB, 656x788) Image search: [Google]
1465937731631.jpg
199 KB, 656x788
>>29765884
I appreciate this, but like I said, he has huge trust issues, so he doesn't really believe me when I tell him just how important he is to me. Should I just keep telling him that? It is true, and I totally mean it, but he doesn't seem to believe me.
>>
>>29760074
>there are plenty of cases where suicide was/is/can be considered more noble than living

Does anyone have some of these so called cases?
>>
>>29756823
>You should be ashamed of yourself for making people slightly sadder for a few weeks by ending your lifelong suffering
I hope this person ends up in a coma and their family refuses to pull the plug. I wouldn't recommend suicide, and would suggest people to get help, but if you have nowhere else to go, go ahead and kill yourself, nobody else should force you to live an unpleasant life so they don't feel bad. Honestly the main thing that happens when someone kills themselves is that people who distantly knew them can attention whore about how close they were and how nobody noticed the signs.
>>
>>29766192
S-self bumpan
>>
File: chivalry.jpg (2 KB, 151x85) Image search: [Google]
chivalry.jpg
2 KB, 151x85
>>29764296
>she only wants him to not off himself because she happens to want him inside her
Maybe it is you who should commit suicide.
>>
Wow stellar argument from the anti-suicide brigade, she must be proud of herself having absolutely nothing to back up her argument but her own admittance that she has nothing to live for but spite.
>>
File: 1467236838267.png (754 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467236838267.png
754 KB, 1280x720
>>29768303
>im-fucking-plying I'm a roastie
>implying I only want him to live because I want to fuck him, despite the fact that we only know each other online
> implying I don't genuinely care for him
Fuck off cunt
>>
>hurr durr suicide isn't selfish
It's a decision you're willfully taking for yourself because you're too much of a bitch to continue living. You can justify it all you wan't but you can't honestly say you're doing it for anybody other than yourself.
>>
>>29768017
not the same buy but
yeah show some interest
I too have trust issues, though not as bad. But it feels good to have somebody tell you he cares, even if I refuse to believe them, I still keep a bit of doubt in me and a bit of (usually false and misguided) hope
>>
>>29756823
Well i AM selfish and a coward. I didn't ask for this though
>>
>anon feels bad about himself
>anon wants to kill himself
LOL ANON YOU'RE A SELFISH COWARD DON'T KILL YOURSELF MKAY? :^)

feel any better?
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.