[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
25+ thread Is life getting any better as an adult or do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: 1427074175966s.jpg (8 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1427074175966s.jpg
8 KB, 249x249
25+ thread

Is life getting any better as an adult or do you get a little more miserable each day?
>>
If you take care of your body by eating right, exercising, and not doing drugs, then yes it gets better. Otherwise, no, it starts getting very miserable very fast.
>>
>>29756196

If your life isn't enjoyable by 25 it's unlikely it will ever be enjoyable.
>>
25 years old, each year is just more of reminder that you'll always be alone. I have no hope for the future, suicide looks more likely every month, and once my family grows up and my parent die I'll have no excuse not to.
>>
26 year old here
I've made dead set plans to kill myself, everyday is miserable and if life is going to be a struggle than fuck it.

Not even sad about it, I'm finally getting off the ride.
>>
>>29756196

No. You stop giving a fuck about certain things, which is kind of better but everything just feels like a pointless waste.

28, about to be 29 next month. I took a walk tonight and realized I don't think I've ever really felt joy or happiness in life. The few times I started to get close, it was ripped away from me.
>>
>>29756228

I'm 25 and I'm going kill myself before I turn 26 in December.
>>
I'm 18 and I already feel lost
please, enlight me elders
>>
>>29756228
my life didn't get good until I was 28, then I lost a bunch of weight, got a job and bought a new car and a house and managed to find some friends. I am now 30, have never looked this good in my life, honestly it's amazing, I like looking at myself in the mirror now, I have lots of money to do stuff and feel great, I guess some men just age well?
>>
save all your money

never get married or spend money on women

travel to thailand and fuck tourists and whores

lift weights, get ripped
>>
>>29756196
No matter how successful you become, dating never gets better.
>>
>>29756196
Worse every day.
>>
>>29756400
>already feel lost

how so
>>
File: kek trump.png (231 KB, 298x348) Image search: [Google]
kek trump.png
231 KB, 298x348
>>29756400
Get out before it's too late. Get a summer job,go to school, and make some friends. I'm 29 and wake up in a bad mood because I didn't die in my sleep. I have no one in this life and realize it's all over now.
>>
File: MF7766554.jpg (46 KB, 381x594) Image search: [Google]
MF7766554.jpg
46 KB, 381x594
>>29756196
>turning 26 next month
>burned bridges with every friend i ever had
>theyre overly emotional burdens anyways
>sit alone at home when im not working

honestly, im not happy. but i just dont really give a shit, i live comfortably, eat every day, and no normie friends to give me fucking cancer every 20 minutes with their retarded comments and concerns. i dont know if ill ever get so lonely that ill kill myself.

>i think i do get a little more miserable each day though, yeah
>>
>>29756196
Life's going alright. I've realized I'm an immature manchild and I'm trying to right my ship. One day I'll leave 4chan and have somewhere else to go.
>>
>>29756678
If I reach this point I'll just find a way of dying a great death you know?
>>
I wake up in the morning happy. Then I look in the mirror and wish I would have died in my sleep.
>>
>>29756524
you give me hope but i also think that maybe i can't follow through with this. if your life is better now, why do you still come around here?
>>
>>29756628
I have everything caring parents, successful siblings, shelter, food, and most important, opportunities
I simply don't have will
I can start studying, but then I'll be struck by a simple introspection "Why?"
I've never really faced any consequences for anything I did in the past, I was never capable of learning from a mistake
>>
File: 1467141659790.png (11 KB, 426x364) Image search: [Google]
1467141659790.png
11 KB, 426x364
>>29756196
27 here

Found out I have high blood pressure, sleep apnea and have POTS.

So I've been going to the doctors, taking medicine and exercising and losing weight. Haven't been tired during the day after getting my cpap machine for sleep apnea.

It's been a bretty gud year so far. Going to get my drivers license as well and hopefully a part time jerb too.
>>
File: dhl9mengj6kay8ghzdxf.jpg (30 KB, 220x396) Image search: [Google]
dhl9mengj6kay8ghzdxf.jpg
30 KB, 220x396
>>29756788

keep going anon, you're gonna make it!
>>
File: 1409390378813.jpg (120 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1409390378813.jpg
120 KB, 645x773
>tfw 27 in sept
>tired all the time

Don't know if it's just that I'm getting older or if I'm becoming narcoleptic.

Going to doc next week to see if I should have a sleep study done.
>>
>>29756779
habit I guess? I was always that fat loser of the family and spent most of my time on the computer, so I keep coming here even after everything got better. I should stop, but it can be entertaining here, most of my time is spent on /fit and /k now though.
>>
its just staying the same. not getting worse
>>
>>29756787
Identify the passions you're most proficient in. Ideally pick the most economically viable, but if there isn't really one, go for anything.

Think about what you want out of life, and/or how you want to make an impact - on society, family, those immediately around you, or just your fellow robots.

Invest in that passion, and related skillsets ruthlessly and persistently.

If you ask why you're doing what you're doing, return to thinking about that passion and that impact.

As you build a track record, you grow more committed to doing what you do.

The best way to learn from mistakes is to take note of them. Analyze and understand them. Try to rectify what caused them.
>>
>>29756844
your brain is turning on you anon, i know this feel well. where it is supposed to support and elevate your bodily functions, it can turn and make your life a living hell.
>>
>>29756844
>cut back on masturbating
>stop consuming carb-rich foods/drinks - this especially

but yeah, see a doctor.
>>
>>29756885
>Think about what you want out of life
Literally?
I just want to make my parents proud of me
>>
>>29756196
>>29756222
WIthout drugs I wouldn't make it
I'm employed, trying to grad, I have a qt fiancee

But it feels like shit
like always
I dislike my family and that's something terrible I guess, and they shit on my ass

Life isn't going to get better until you're only living with the people that don't make you feel like shit, that's what I think
>>
>>29756844
being tired all the time could be a symptom of leukemia, you should get your blood checked you might have cancer.
>>
File: 1466949346793.jpg (97 KB, 640x657) Image search: [Google]
1466949346793.jpg
97 KB, 640x657
>>29756844
Are you overweight? You could have sleep apnea if so.
>>29756839
thanks desu
>>
I literally do nothing all day and still manage to sleep 10+ hours at night

I'm 18
>>
29 here

at some point around 26ish you kind of stop getting worse and just level out in your misery. everything is still shit but it's a balanced level of shit so you pretty much know what to expect. nothing will be surprising once you reach this point, your emotions will mostly just be a neutral straight line with not much up or down movements.

so it doesn't get better, it just levels off
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.