[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
r9k on suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: elliot rodger.jpg (191 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
elliot rodger.jpg
191 KB, 1024x768
robots i want your clear stance on suicide

to what extent should we try to prevent suicide ?
is it a sign of weakness ?
should we somewhat celebrate the end of someones suffering ?
does therapy or other adivce acutally help ?
should suicide be an accetable choice in society ?

tell me the thaughts that come to your mind while thinking about the topic
>>
It's nobody's business but the suicidal person's
society has no right to have a stance at all
>>
>>29755717

>no keybinds

what a shit player
>>
>>29755717
Suicide is the easy way out to escape rather than face and solve the issues you are having, just like withdrawing from society because "they are assholes". I mean, nobody really attempt suicide because they want, but to escape their struggle.

It really depends on the "why".
>>
>>29755840
No it doesn't. There isn't a single reason why someone should have to justify what they do with themselves to you or anyone else.
>>
>>29755717
none
no
no
no
yes

Suicide is always an option and it can be used to solve many problems.
>>
>>29755751
i just wanted to have some oldschool fun

dont be rude
>>
>to what extent should we try to prevent suicide ?
we shouldn't, not unless we can actually help them and haven't attempted to before
>is it a sign of weakness ?
no
>should we somewhat celebrate the end of someones suffering ?
no
>does therapy or other adivce acutally help ?
not in my experience, though i've only seen a shit public healthcare place in my tiny shithole of a town
>should suicide be an accetable choice in society ?
people don't work based on should, they just copy the people who they assume to be the most skilled or knowledgeable, so it's irrelevant. it could only receive widespread support if the hollywood jews started shoehorning it into their media like they did with gay people, which they won't because it's not exactly life-affirming
>>
>>29755717

We shouldn't.

No. I've thought about suicide. Even though I feel like I've already peaked in life, I'm going to keep living until I cant find a single thing I enjoy.

No.

Maybe. Depends on why a person wants to commit suicide.

Yes.
>>
>>29755717
What server is that
>>
>to what extent should we try to prevent suicide ?
Rather than preventing the suicide directly, only prevent it by preventing the issues that cause it.
>is it a sign of weakness ?
Yes.
>should we somewhat celebrate the end of someones suffering ?
No.
>does therapy or other adivce acutally help ?
It can, but not always.
>should suicide be an accetable choice in society ?
Acceptable I suppose, but never encouraged.
>>
>>29755840
What if I've withdrawn from society because I know I am the asshole, not anyone else. I am walking garbage and really shouldn't have been allowed to exist. I'm trying my best to avoid sounding like an edgelord, but that's near impossible for this subject.
>>
>>29755717
Suicide should be a right.
>>
>>29755717
Should be viewed as an inalienable human right. Those who commit suicide shouldn't be viewed as evil, good, brave, or cowardly. It should be a simply neutral act. Making the logical choice to no longer live is neither an intrinsically bad nor good act. Suicide is like any other permanent choice; it can be done for good reasons or bad reasons.
>>
>>29757333
that was on nostalrius
>>
File: Schopenhauer.jpg (14 KB, 300x358) Image search: [Google]
Schopenhauer.jpg
14 KB, 300x358
We are told that suicide is an act of the greatest cowardice, that it is only possible to a madman, and other absurdities of a similar nature; or they make use of the perfectly senseless expression that it is "wrong," while it is perfectly clear that no one has such indisputable right over anything in the world as over his own person and life.
>>
File: ax6t7JAk.jpg (24 KB, 400x223) Image search: [Google]
ax6t7JAk.jpg
24 KB, 400x223
Fuck outta here with that bullshit
>>
People don't like it because it makes them confront everything they desperately try to forget and ignore and all the obviously huge problems society tries to sweep under the rug.

At the same time the preciousness of life isn't culturally guaranteed and the more people who kill themselves, the more callous everyone will become to it.

It's like these screeching transfags who hack off their dick and whine all day. Eventually peoples' sympathies will be exhausted and we'll just go back to throwing them off bridges.

Nature is hideously brutal and this artificial bubble of sympathy we've created will pop under enough pressure.

That's what they hate about the left. They'll keep leaning hard on these obvious pleasant fictions we rely on to maintain order until they snap. They're that childish and dumb, like 35yos who are assblasted that Santa doesn't bring them presents and throw a shitfit if someone points out he isn't real.
>>
>>29755717
that his real wow character?

I be his acct is still viable and just needs reactivated. wish i had it
>>
File: 1756165901.gif (498 KB, 455x281) Image search: [Google]
1756165901.gif
498 KB, 455x281
>>29757634
RIP nost...
>>
lol once when I was still playing wow one of our guild members was ultra depressed and eventually killed himself.

our main tank at the time knew him pretty well and logged on to his account and pretty much pillaged everything he could from it, like all the dude's mats and stuff and even used it a few times during our alt raids since he was pretty well geared on all his toons.

he was also gold capped on a couple characters which was pretty helpful
>>
>>29758297
no that is my character that i named after him sorry
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 420x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 420x350
>>29755717
Suicide is definitely a pussy thing to do. You need to go out like a man. Like a supreme gentleMAN.
>>
IF YOU NIGGERS WANT TO PLAY WOW
>>29758085
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.