[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you prefer instrumental music because almost all singers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1455613908147.jpg (28 KB, 648x480) Image search: [Google]
1455613908147.jpg
28 KB, 648x480
>tfw you prefer instrumental music because almost all singers piss you off with their voice and their generic, shitty lyrics that add nothing to the song
>>
I know what you mean broseph
>>
>>29750395
What do you like mi familia member?
>>
>>29750395
>>29750463

you two have the correct taste
>>
You're missing out on so much great music. Really sad to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRfF7W4El60
>>
>>29750395
I've just played a lot of instruments and prefer listening to the music. I've sung in a band but I always fixate more on the musicians than the singers.

This is especially true with jazz. I love instrumental jazz but can't stand jazz singers. They're just not nearly as impressive as The band backing them
>>
>>29750395
>>29750490
Do you listen to classical music?
>>
>>29750395
I know this, except instrumentals bore me, so i need a charismatic singer outside the typical norm, so im very picky.
>>
>>29750516
>implying I listen exclusively to instrumental music

No, I'm just saying that it happens with incredible frequency how I'll like a song until the vocals come in and completely ruin it for me with annoying the singing is, so it's gotten to the point where I just prefer music without vocals.
>>
>>29750571
Stop listening to bad music then, idiot.
>>
That was me some years ago. I only listened to video game music. My taste changed a lot since then and I appreciate vocals and emotions more than before. Good lyrics are nice to have but if they're bad I just don't pay attention to them.
>>
>>29750571
Honestly, I'd say most of the best music ever composed is vocal music.
>>
I think lyrics if used correctly can add to a song instead of being worthless words over a soundtrack

I like the vocals on this song
https://youtu.be/-cdsxPsa_pc
>>
Most singers are fucking terrible.
Very rarely someone like Adele comes along and shows them all what frauds they are.

The absolute worst of the worst dogshit tier music is some tender butthole of a man strumming his guitar and talking sap over it. HEY THERE DELILAH OHHHHH It's shit.
>>
>>29750596
How do you know music is bad until you listen to it? You really didn't think that out at all, did you?

>>29750601
>>29750619
Lyrics can add a lot to a song when done right. Lyrics are rarely done right. Treating the human voice as just another instrument can be good, but grating when the lyrics suck.
>>
>>29750647
Male vocalists are trash 99% of the time

The idiots who sing while shittily strumming their guitar are the worst
>>
I prefer vocal music in languages I don't understand. Lets me focus on the emotion and the voice as an instrument.

Songwriting as an artform really nosedived. It used to be refined and many older songs have artful lyrics worth listening to (Hotel California or Eminem or whatever.)
>>
>not listening to acappella music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFt9D6ZIjOQ
>>
>>29750535
This, I can't stand jazz singers. It's like they try to overpower the music but just end up ruining it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.