[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the 2010s worse than the 2000s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: menu.jpg (77 KB, 599x583) Image search: [Google]
menu.jpg
77 KB, 599x583
Are the 2010s worse than the 2000s?
>>
Without the slightest of doubts.
>>
>>29749933
No. Social media is terrible but everything else is so much better.
>>
>>29749967
In what ways? I miss the 2000s but I can't tell what was actually better and what's just nostalgia faggotry.
>>
>>29749933
>2000s
>rock is on its deathbed
>the internet is wild and free
>girls are sexually liberated but still confined to whoever is in their lives at the time
>the economy is soaring off the clinton years and everyone has a stable job

compare to
>2010s
>rock is dead, gone, and completely decomposed, replaced by rap, hiphop and EDM
>the internet is privately owned by happy merchants who deliver goy-approved news to you through kikebook
>the girls won't fuck anyone less than a 9/10 because of tinder and okcupid
>the economy slammed into a brinck wall in 2008 and if you're lucky enough to have a job you will never be able to afford a home or to save or retire

how is this a question
>>
>>29750015
There was no 'le nerd' culture, for one.
The LGBT safe-box trigger BLM movements were mostly silent, too.
Capeshit was not a thing yet.

I could go on.
>>
File: shaggy.jpg (22 KB, 499x430) Image search: [Google]
shaggy.jpg
22 KB, 499x430
>you will never go back to when every aspect of the internet wasn't dominated by endemic warfare between SJW tumblrite feminazi beta mangina libtard cucks and far-right fedora-tipping neckbeard edgelord MRA Stormfaggot Trump-worshipers
>you will never go back to when everyone was just content to burn furries
>>
2000s
>there were a few interesting subcultures
>popular music was more diverse and artists had more humility
>less SJWs/blm
>internet was at its peak
>4chan was at its peak
>less social media bullshit (Instagram, snap chat, etc.)
>less censorship and pc feminism
>no self obsessed Instagram "models"
>no Kylie Jenner teenagers
>still some good movies (especially early 2000s) instead of films like bridesmaids
I like some underground music currently but otherwise it's only going to get worse from here
>>
At least the internet was better. Facebook killed the Internet. And Wikipedia killed somthing, but that was big in the 2000s too, and Wikipedia is pretty nice to have so not all bad. And video games, perhaps. Although there are still video games, and the 2000s also had some dark ages. And there was less feminism. So at least in some ways, it was better in the 2000s.
>>
>>29750206
You just need to remember the middle ground exists, they're just not so asininely vocal about it.
>>
>>29750456
People who are invisible don't matter. The problem is that you have to see toxicity from both sides everywhere you go, ruining the internet experience (and they are in the media too, so not even only there)
>>
>>29749933
In every single way possible, yes.
>>
>>29751600
At least we have better technology? Our laptops are thinner and have better battery life!
>>
File: 1457636740545.png (1017 KB, 665x663) Image search: [Google]
1457636740545.png
1017 KB, 665x663
>>29752028
something original so I can reply using this image.
>>
>>29750206
Thing is that everyone fucking hated Bush, even the conservatives.
We were all united in hating that tard.
>>
internet was millions of times more comfy back then, that's for sure.
>>
>>29750443
Wikipedia and wikia killed fanpages
Before you had to make your own site, and it wasn't expected to be formal so it had a lot of charm. You had to hunt for fanart and information, instead of just going to the one place.
>>
I wish it was 2006 again. I want to redo the last ten years of my life. I want to be 14 again. You will never wake up in your suburban house and go outside and ride your bike into the woods.
>>
>>29752350
Anon I don't think I could do that. If I was told I had to try and relive the next 10 years, even with foresight, I think I'd hang myself.
>>
>ye olde 2006
>rice or pirogi every night because too poor for real food
>futurama and adult swim stuff on dvd for xmas
>naxx raiding guild collecting splinters of atiesh for my fiancee's mage
>working data entry in shithole ghetto apartment
>for my birthday saw tool doing 10,000 days tour
>poor but happy

hard to say. my household income is 6 times now what it was back then and i have a job that doesn't make me want to die now

take the good with bad i guess
>>
>popular music was more interesting (at least in the early 00s, went to shit around the mid 00s)
>video games went to shit around 06-07
>less SJW shit
>less social media shit
>no tinder
>less people on the internet

Fuck the 10s
>>
File: 1365534838967s.jpg (3 KB, 98x116) Image search: [Google]
1365534838967s.jpg
3 KB, 98x116
>>29752741
Imagine how glorious the 20s will be
>>
>>29752741
literally no valid reasons why 10's is worse
>>
>>29750063
Cherry pick, the post.
>>
>>29752818
Hello underaged.
>>
i feel like the downfall of everything began with the 365 days between COD4's release and obama's election.
to elaborate, COD4 marked the beginning of the downfall of everything and obama's election was the final confirmation.
>>
>>29752845
where is your argument?
>>
>>29749933
>Eiifel65 and Britney Spear were topping the charts.
>The country was basically run by oil company executives
>no VR
>only plus side was slightly less obesity
>>
>>29752845
>yo listen up here's a story
>about a guy who's blue
>and everything is blue like him

do I need to go on fuckold?
>>
I'm 27 I can't really tell a big difference between the 00's and 10's (at least, the latter half of the 00's and the 10's.)

I feel like there was a much bigger difference between the 90's and the 00's or 10's. And that's mainly because cell phones weren't ubiquitous and the Internet was less corporate and basically had a much smaller presence. When you got a new movie, a new game, a new CD (or hell a cassette) it was still a big deal, now no one cares because all that stuff is available 24/7 without any effort needed.

Granted I was just a kid in the 90s and that obviously shaped my experience. I still remember when you just didn't use a phone outside your house unless it was really important (and then you had to find the payphone.) And there wasn't really any such thing as social media, at least, not like today.
>>
File: 1402845414115.png (165 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
1402845414115.png
165 KB, 500x464
90s >>> 00s > 10s
>>
I miss all the addictive flash animations on the internet

Normies ruined everything when social media blew up
>>
>>29750206
the guy who wrote most of those famous anti-furry copypastas was banned from SA for being a lolicon, a group that he also bitched about
eheheheh
>>
>>29753472
>>29753543

I liked the part where Russia had gone away, but Muslims hadn't done 9/11 yet. So magical.

I liked how they were just coming out with CGI and it seemed like it might be cool.

I liked Age of Empires one and two.
>>
>>29753562
>>/f/
origigami
>>
>>29753591
Yeah it's nice that that stuffs still around to a large extent, it's just not the same as it once was though
>>
File: jpsnes_fp.png (13 KB, 512x360) Image search: [Google]
jpsnes_fp.png
13 KB, 512x360
>>29753589
>I liked how they were just coming out with CGI and it seemed like it might be cool.
Oh yeah that's a big one for me. CGI and the changes in video games graphics.

People say the gameplay has gotten worse in most games, and gameplay is more important than graphics, and I agree with them on both points. But the changes in graphical quality really has been insane to witness, for someone who grew up with Wolfenstein and Super Nintendo.

I remember Mario 64 blew me away (remember that fucking metallic pool, holy shit.) Then Halo came out and I was blown away again. And the new games leave me feeling a little overwhelmed at times.
>>
If anyone thinks the 10s are better than the 00s then they are probably much happier than me because for me, it's only gonna get worse from here
2000s
>ps2 racing games with bros while eating multiple containers of ice cream
>i'm blue dabadee
>the internet seemed so scary when you digged deep into it, all of us would be on strange websites leaning forward in suspense
>THE FUCKING WINDOWS SOUNDS
>mario paint composer
>walks at night with friends being loud as fuck
>pretending to be drug dealers of strange websites in exchange of yugioh cards, not even nostalgia feels, it was fun as fuck
>the mood was always just happier, everyone seemed content and living life on their own terms
>normies weren't really offensive yet so our friends and i felt special and cool for having such a strange sense of humor we weren't
>movie nights and game nights with family hated it as a teen, if i had it back i'd enjoy it
>feeling in heaven at my rich friend's house
>everyone was more themselves, rather than trying to be all "4chan nerd xDDD" "filthy frank" or "i know big words so i must be an intellectual :d"

2010's
>normies are all edgy now
>everything's a fucking political argument
>everything's so fucking negative
>depressing mood, you know what the hell i mean
>everyone tries too hard to be fucking intelligent
>everything is just a fight
>VR is a horrible idea, no one appreciates reality anymore, even in the slightest, with the VR it'll only get worse
>everyone likes fuckin' anime
>>
As a SJW, I'm happier with things now.
>>
As a /pol/tard, I'm happier with things now.
>>
>>29753776
Maybe the 2000's appear to be ideal to you since you were more youthful at the timme because your reasons oh why the 2010's are better are very stupid imo
>>
File: 1443408074841.png (1 MB, 900x955) Image search: [Google]
1443408074841.png
1 MB, 900x955
>>29753776
>THE FUCKING WINDOWS SOUNDS
Thankfully preserved in one of the greatest gifts of the 10s, vaporwave.
>>
>00s
>Japanese media translations are almost all fangroups, official localisations struggle
>early 10s
>official companies start booming, lots of shit slated to come over, fan translations still going strong, stuff seems great
>late 10s
>its revealed to all be a kike scam, censorship out the ass, things translated and slated to be released never, fan translations getting killed
Shits gay, started learning nip to get around it
>>
I want windows xp back
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.