[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>doctors told me years of lonliness and oxytocin deprivation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: 1406490187438.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1406490187438.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>doctors told me years of lonliness and oxytocin deprivation have irreparably damaged my brain
>i can never form a healthy relationship or be happy
>>
Huh, really? Would be nice to have it in writing like that.
>>
>>29749120
This.

Can a doctor even make such an official judgement? Are they even allowed to?
>>
Any anons on oxytocin?
>>
File: 1467561632583.jpg (14 KB, 487x423) Image search: [Google]
1467561632583.jpg
14 KB, 487x423
>>29749188
Is this a serious question matie?
>>
>>29747909
Im a doctor and I often thought the same.

It probably changes your brain since it develops until 25.
So my brain developed in extreme loneliness and sex depravation.

It be mad to think there arent consequences
>>
>>29747909
that is bullshit you can recover but it will take years to get back to normal you just need to start socializing more.
>>
>>29749283
Yes, as you can take medication to higher your oxt levels, which would be low as fuck without it. Also it seems rather cheap.
>>
File: 1467310767159.png (135 KB, 1621x989) Image search: [Google]
1467310767159.png
135 KB, 1621x989
>>29749347
>>29749343
Why not? Studies show kids who are deprivated from their mothers touch grow up to be screwed up
>>
>>29749386
i read some of this but i can't read all of it if i don't want to kill someone else and/or myself
>>
>>29749386
>>29749448

Loneliness leaves its mark but we are more than brain.

There was that woman neurologist who recovered from brain infarct.

Loneliness is far less serious.

You ppl need to meditate and train your mind to see all possibilities not just the negative ones.
>>
File: 0045 - iRUd8rI.jpg (491 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
0045 - iRUd8rI.jpg
491 KB, 900x900
>Stressful time growing up
>Only get turned on by people getting beat up/ humiliated
>tfw I will never be in a normal relationship with another person

FUCK YOU NORMALFAGS
>>
>>29749504
>You ppl need to meditate and train your mind to see all possibilities not just the negative ones.
i do this though. i've been changing to a healthier lifestyle over the past 6 months but no real change in my brain so far. i was okay (never happy but okay) for a little while but now i'm back to pretty bad depression.

i feel like i dug a hole i can't crawl out of.
>>
File: 1467673974189.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1467673974189.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>mfw I was on several prescription drugs for schizophrenia for years
>lost job last year
>pretty much had to stop talking all meds cold turkey because no health insurance to co-pay with
>First month I was a wreck
>second month I busted my ass to adjust myself to a world without meds
>third month got a new job and am going out and having fun with friends I haven't seen in years
>forth month realize that I'm actually learning to cope with my disorder in a manor that didn't need huge amounts of medicine and I'm function like a normal person
>sixth month I decided to check in with old doctor because it had been half a year
>guy was flabbergasted when I told him I'd been off my meds all that time
>imidetaly tried getting me back on them but told him no because I'm actually doing better and feeling better off them
>doctor went on a rant about how I'm disillusional to think that I could ever function without meds
>tell him calmly that I'm going to start visiting another doctor and leave
>>
>>29749995
Its hard. I think the main problem for me (maybe you too) is I felt bad about being single and virgin for so long.

I try to change my life goal to '' inner peace '' and not ''true love''
what I was raised and indoctrinated to want.

It serves me better that way and I can feel more centered around women.

Because to have a gf without inner peace is just as tragic as being single.
>>
>>29749956
the same here senpai
>>
>>29750095

Dont fall for the meds meme, your experience is what matters.
Especially with mental stuff.

t.doc
>>
>tfw socially stunted
>have the social skills of a 12 year old
>tfw 27 and have to practice with people my own age
>>
>>29750095
good luck anon, wish you the bestest!
>>
>>29750095
Way to go mate, don't let them destroy your brain for a commission
>>
>>29750097
i want sex but i'm not really desperate for it at this point. i've honestly got much bigger problems than tfwnogf. i'm in my late twenties and have never had a job, have no education beyond high school. haven't had a friend in over a decade. health problems from treating myself like shit and committing slow suicide for so long.

it sounds to me like you're a lonely young guy and while i understand how bad that is, it's not the same as having fucked up your entire life. you've got a good chance at being happy. it's possible that i don't because i waited too long. i'm going to keep trying but if i don't see some real change by 30, it's over.
>>
>>29750170
Im 26 except lousy social life and being kv Im solid.

Well do it step by step. Its gonna be tough but not tougher than staying the same.

Do whatever you can however small, to improve.
>>
>>29750095
I'm happy for you. I stopped because I could no longer get out of the house to go to appointments with my psych doctor (they were doing a good job, eh?). Now I'm doing better than I have in over five years. Those things are poison and I hear people agreeing with you and I more and more.

Once you get off of them, you see that they have actually been making things worse and holding you back. They numb you to bad feelings but they also numb you to the good ones and you lose sight of why it's even worth trying to feel good, because you can't.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.