[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you robots still watch VHS tapes? I think they're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: VHS-cassette.jpg (166 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
VHS-cassette.jpg
166 KB, 768x512
Do any of you robots still watch VHS tapes? I think they're really comfy desu. Pic related, The Usual Suspects.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Sorry. Forgot to post movie shot
>>
File: Videogirlai1original.jpg (47 KB, 280x407) Image search: [Google]
Videogirlai1original.jpg
47 KB, 280x407
What da fug is dat?

Just kidding. I don't really watch anything other than what I download. Sometimes I think it'd be fun to go to garage sales and buy all the tapes they have, then bring them home and see if I discover anything cool. Maybe I'd get my own video girl.
>>
I tried using my VCR to play some old tapes the other day, it doesn't work right so the sound and color is weird. also feels weird to watch on a flat HDTV. probably should get one of those small tv-vcr combo units
>>
>>29746011
either the tapes are fucked or the vcr is fucked
>>
>>29746044
It's the VCR, I tried a few different kinds of tapes
>>
>>29745782

What's comfy about it?

Do you use an abacus instead of a calculator?
>>
>>29745782
I bought my dad one of those chink converters so he can make dvds of all his vhs he had laying around the house.

Never seen him so into using a computer before.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1339x983) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1339x983
>go to take old home video off tapes and into a digital format
>most of them are destroyed from years of poor storage
>memories lost in time
pic related, Christmas 2002. I got a GBA
>>
I don't because I lost all that I had in a storage that could be paid off and also hastily moving. The most cherished VHS I owned and wish I still did was an old tape from the early 00's of a few nights of [adult swim]'s anime block.

I miss old school [as] and always adored 80's/90's cel-shaded/hand drawn animation even to this day with digital animation always improving as well as those even older 70's Hannah Barbara series up into the 90's ones, super nostalgic but I always liked them all from a technical standpoint even though I hasn't known the technical words to describe what I liked about them.

Something about static interference (before everything became digital) and that scratchy sort of look of old visual media circa 70's-90's was cleaner to look at than digitally recorded video that's low quality and heavily pixelated.

I'm not saying all digital visuals are low quality and pixelated, but if they happen to be, they tend to look terribly bad.

As an example, nostalgia aside, go watch low visual quality yoootoob videos prior to the rise of a general standard of 720p content/1080p Hugh definition, it's come a long way.
>>
>>29747013
>tfw your parents were too poor to afford a video camera so there's very little footage of (You)
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.