[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on opposite gender platonic friendships?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
File: IMG_0229.jpg (57 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0229.jpg
57 KB, 600x400
What's your opinion on opposite gender platonic friendships?

Worth the trouble or nah?
>>
>>29744491
Female friends are great as long as you really want them to be your platonic friends. If you're secretly in love with them or horny 24/7 but can't get sex elsewhere, then it's probably not worth it.
>>
I have a platonic friend with a qt :)
>>
>>29744491
Only do it with your girlfrie ds of wifes friends. Women really have nothing to offer in platonic friendships that a guy friend cant provide much better. Especially dont do it. If she is in a relationship and you arent.
>>
>>29744700
>Especially dont do it. If she is in a relationship and you arent.
this, it's very easy to become her shoulder to cry on or a third wheel
>>
>>29744491
fantastic but there's always tension if either party is remotely attractive.
>>
It's pretty good if one of them is gay, and the gay one is ugly.
>>
>>29744491
I got female friends and they're cool.
>>
File: 1464681884195.gif (151 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1464681884195.gif
151 KB, 720x404
If you're a woman and your 'friend' is a man, absolutely. You can make him pay the lion's share of the bill for anything you do together, and he'll entertain you when you're not with your boyfriend or fuck buddy. You can rant to him about anything you want and he'll listen, because "that is what a man does", and you can be as uninteresting and rude as you want because you're a woman and you don't need to have a personality to get ahead in life. Essentially, you'll have a servant that you can mistreat all you want.

If you're a man and your 'friend' is a woman, it's a bad idea, for the same reasons.
>>
>>29744770
>be a beta fuckwhit
>think all other men are beta fuckwhits too
>>
>>29744491
AVOID unless the woman is a lesbian.
>>
>>29744491
I tried having female friends in uni but all of them wanted to suck my dick. All women think about is sex, can't find anyone to just hang out. It's even worse when I try to relax with some vidya, as soon as people find out I'm a guy they send me all these disgusting messages.
>>
>>29744789
I don't fall for it, but I've seen more than enough men fall for it to make me know the risks.

A buddy of mine had such a friend recently. She used him as a free driver to drive up and down the country and to rant about her ex to (who she got back together with again after a week or two, and then she disappeared out of his life).
>>
>>29744491
Having female acquaintances in your social circle is fine, but thinking you can voluntarily spend time alone as "just friends" with a woman without one or both of the people wanting to fuck the other is incredibly naive.
>>
File: membe.jpg (62 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
membe.jpg
62 KB, 500x334
>girl: hey wanna be friends?
>girl: do you have a cell phone?
>me: no
>dropped

this is what happens everytime. so basically you have to buy friendships now? kek.
>>
>>29744491
There's no such thing as a platonic opposite gender friendship.

Women and men were not created to be friends, they were created to procreate with each other.

The only time men and women "can" be friends is when one party is unattractive to the other.
In which case the other less attractive person will secretly be attracted to the other.

A friendship is not a real friendship when one party would have sex with the other if they offered it. Which is the case with most female-male "friendships".
>>
>>29744916
This is the truth. Do not listen to the nu-males who say otherwise.
>>
>>29744916
Who says wanting to have sex with one another can't still be a friendship. I have a female friend, she's my best friend, but she's in a relationship. I think she has done more for me than I've done for her during our friendship. Nevertheless I wouldn't say no if she wanted a relationship, or just a casual fuck.
>>
>>29744491
Its never platonic until you reach like 40+ and stop caring about sex so much. One party will get attracted to the other and eventually they fuck and arent just friends or the attracted party is denied, gets bitter and eventually stops being a beta orbiter and stops being friends.

I do not know of a single male-female friendship that remained platonic for the test of time. Im sure theres some, but its rare.
>>
>>29745005
Then you aren't platonic friends, are you? Would you fuck a male friend if he offered?
>>
>>29745005
That is not a real friendship.
You said yourself that if she asked you to fuck, or even be in a relationship, you would say yes instantly.

That is not a friendship. I don't understand how you can't see that.
Your friendship relies on the fact that you are attracted to her. Whenever you see her you are attracted to her.

And you have to hide your romantic feelings for her, because I know for damn sure you haven't told her.

If I wanted to fuck my best friend, who is male, then that would not be my friend.
Friendship relies on both parties having no romantic attraction for each other, which most commonly only happens in same gender friendships.
It relies on both parties having respect and holding common interests with each other, without needing romantic attraction to validate them.
>>
>>29744491
I think they almost dont exist even tho im in one. Id say yout cant physically be attracted to them.

>t. Landwhale female friend but is cool, drinks and wants to start fights with our exes and general shit heads we hate.
>>
>>29744770
>implying I have money
>implying I'd pay for womemes
>implying I'm interested in sex
>implying i'm entertaining
>implying I own a phone

your move, pussy drone
>>
>>29745166
That doesn't make sense.
I wouldn't fuck a male best friend because I'm not gay. I'm not saying friends want to fuck one another. But my friendship with her doesn't rely on me liking her in a romantic sense.
She's my friend, the same way any of my other friends are my friends.
I can understand how for you it's so hard to see that since we are raised in a society where male/female friendship is very uncommon and we are raised to see females more as partners rather than friends. We are all people, regardless of gender. With your logic someone who was bi couldn't have friends at all since he/she would feel sexual attraction towards everyone attractive.
>>
enjoying the thread, nice posts guys.

I wanted to know what socially redpilled people thought about it, of course the Chad Fuccbois and Stacys all think it's great to sleep with whoever you can get your hands on and are only friends with their own gender.

>In which case the other less attractive person will secretly be attracted to the other.
>would have sex with the other if they offered it

Looks like I'm fucked, then

Maybe not though. She's pretty attractive but not super hot, she's a little abnormal as far as girls go and I can think of her without getting hard. We've known eachother for 2+ years and never had any issues. I don't wanna get my heart in it though, I enjoy where we are now. (but given the chance I'd go for it)
>>
Literally and physically not possible.
>>
>>29745166
Not the guy you are responding to but I think you are wrong. I have female friends that I probably would bang given the chance but I'm not 'invested' in that potential possibility. I have a mixed group of friends and we all get on fine.
>>
>>29745455
This guy understands what I mean.
>>
File: 1467087917133.png (80 KB, 272x199) Image search: [Google]
1467087917133.png
80 KB, 272x199
I have one, its platonic regardless of whether or not we get drunk and I have to tell him 10 times to stop leaning on my arm rest, then I put the arm rest up so he can't do it anymore and then he says something like "It's ok, I'm sorry I know how you are about your personal space"
>>
File: 200px-Denis_Diderot_111.png (98 KB, 200x248) Image search: [Google]
200px-Denis_Diderot_111.png
98 KB, 200x248
I live with a 10/10 female but we really are just friends. Have been for going on 10 years now. I just do not desire her sexually in any way shape or form. I once did in junior high, but that's over with now.
I have a gf now anyways.
>>
>>29745455
It's incredible to me how you guys cannot see that is not a real friendship.

If, at the snap of a finger, you would fuck a female, she is not your friend.
That is not a friend. You do have romantic investment in that "friendship", no matter how much you deny it.

A real friendship is one where, as I said, romantic validation is not needed.
>>
I have a couple of female friends at the moment and have had some in the past, the one thing I have learnt to do is treat the same as I would treat my male friends, they get no special treatment from me
>>
>>29745478
>"It's platonic"
>"I have to tell him 10 times to stop leaning on my arm rest"

You can't be this stupid.
>>
>>29745166
>Your friendship relies on the fact that you are attracted to her

No it doesn't. That's just an added bonus. Being attracted to someone in some capacity doesn't mean you don't have a "real friendship" because people have the ability to not let it get to them. I'm attracted to both genders, that doesn't invalidate every single friendship I've ever held with anyone that looks remotely good.
>>
>>29745520
Why are you equating any amount of attraction whatsoever to "needing romantic validation"
>>
>>29745520
Just because my eyes 'register' this female friend as physically attractive doesn't mean we're not friends.
>>
>>29745520
But romantic validation is not needed. Never has been. But if romantic validation were offered, it would be accepted.
Relationship and a friendship are not polar opposites. Both can exist, both have to exist. You can be friends and still find one desirable. And fucking doesn't immediately make friendship into a relationship. If you hold sex to be something sacred and more important than life, then maybe. But it's not.
>>
>>29745572
A real friendship is one where you just genuinely like each other, you share common interests and overall enjoy other's company.

If romantic attraction is there, it devalues everything else. Romantic attraction to someone, as an adult, normally means you will treat them better, you will be nicer to them, and you will have a generally positive perception of them, despite many things that would otherwise prevent you from becoming friends.

Therefore a male-female friendship is a fake one, where the male is continuing a "friendship" because his attraction to her gives him the illusion of liking her personality.
>>
File: 1466240415289.png (140 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1466240415289.png
140 KB, 368x368
I'm ugly as fuck so yes it's possible and very easy.
>>
>>29745639
Lol no. No offense but you sound like a fedora.
>>
>>29745639
What you're describing isn't being friends with someone that you happen to be attracted to. It's several degrees beyond that. Most normal people can perfectly handle being friends with someone of the opposite gender.

Still waiting on how this argument works for bi people.
>>
>>29745694
>can't refute my argument
>calls me a fedora instead

Did I really expect anything else?
>>
>>29745660
Same here. Ugly, know it, gave up on romantic love. It's easy as fuck to be friends with a woman. And it's nice. I value all of my friends a great deal.
>>
>>29745619
Only females think men and women can be just friends. And beta's I suppose

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lh5fR4DMA
>>
If you're a single dude who frequents this board definitely have platonic female friends. Why?

>More friends is always better
>They introduce you to their female friends
>If you play it cool they might actually like you and can lead to gf or sex (don't have the expectation though)
>>
>>29745800
The betas are the ones that think it isn't possible
>>
>>29745639
But what, no.
If I thoroughly enjoy her company, we share common interests and as far as I know like each other, and I just happen to not entirely oppose in having a relationship with this person, means that our friendship means nothing?
Listen buddy. She carried me through pretty rough depression, at the time I was a shit person to be around with and she was my friend when everyone else had left me. I've been arguing about this the entire 5 years we've been friends, fighting this myth that men and women can't be friends. Frankly I don't give a shit if you want to believe in male/female relationships, and after what we have been through, I understand completely why they are so uncommon. But if it weren't for her, I wouldn't be here anymore. So I will defend her and m/f friendships to the day I die.
>>
>>29745919
Clearly you're extremely emotionally invested and biased to this, so there's no use having a debate about it.

But I'm glad she helped you dude. It's good to have a friend when you're going through shit times.
>>
>>29745800

I thought robots were smarter than to think that a YouTube "interview" video is proof of anything at all
>>
>>29745971
Its better than y our anecdotes, moron
>>
>>29745969
His one emotionally charged anecdote is still better than the sweeping generalizations based on absolutely nothing beyond the projections of some shut-ins presented thus far
>>
File: Borednik.jpg (11 KB, 263x239) Image search: [Google]
Borednik.jpg
11 KB, 263x239
>>29745919
Similar experience to this anon. My best friend is a girl. And even though she is definitely pretty, I genuinely wouldn't trade her friendship for the world. She literally stopped me from walking into traffic once.
You can't be friends with a chick if you can't get past the idea of fucking her. Otherwise it can be fine.

Seriously guys you need to realize that just because alot of women are shitty people doesn't mean they're these subhumans that you make them out to be. PEOPLE are shitty. It's what we do. Most of us are.

And frankly there's enough shitty people in the world. Do yourself a favor and don't put yourself in a mindset where that number fucking goes UP
>>
>>29745991
It's an opinion poll with an extremely low sample size comprised of people that were obviously picked for pre-existing traits in one location at one point in time edited for the purpose of affirming the channel's views. You'd get a less skewed result by making a YouTube video of someone reading this thread aloud. You need critical thinking skills.
>>
Probably. I'm a gayfaggot and I have plenty of male friends. Never fell for any of them. Admittedly some are hot, and I have jerked off while thinking about their bodies. But if they suddenly decided to offer me sex or a romantic relationship, I'd turn them down. That was just fantasy, I like our relationship exactly the way it is.
>>
>>29745969
I suppose it's always dependent on the people in the relationship.

But as I mentioned in the very first post, I have a female friend of 5 years. I know what it is like to have an actual female friend. I can speak from experience. That's a retarded argument to say because I have a female friend I can't defend the concept of having a female friend because I'm being biased.
>>
The funniest part about all this is that anyone with a girlfriend plus additional female friends throws a monkey wrench into most of these retarded arguments
>>
File: 1451621104330.gif (893 KB, 400x554) Image search: [Google]
1451621104330.gif
893 KB, 400x554
>want to be platonic friends
>she thinks you want to be her boyfriend
>accuses you of being jealous
what?
>>
>>29745800
No it doesn't make me beta for having female friends because I always meet new girls in real life that I am interested in pursuing romantically and/or sexually whilst having female friends that are just friends

>>29745913
Truth
>>
>>29745716
Okay let me elaborate slightly. I am calling you a fedora because your theory sounds like something a shut-in neckbearded basement dweller would conjure up. You have no evidence to back up your theory.
>>
>>29744916
>>29745166
>>29745520
>>29745639
>>29745969
You are a gigantic faggot that has absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

And this post >>29745969 is just you declaring victory while you run away. Pathetic.
>>
File: FedoraRedminus.gif (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
FedoraRedminus.gif
2 MB, 640x360
>>29746273
gif is originally related in an original way
>>
>>29746294
>>29746273

Whatever man.
I don't care if you want to believe in your delusion.
I'm not angry enough to start calling you names because you want to believe you can have female friends. But clearly you are.

It's your perogative. Enjoy it.
>>
>>29746443
You're not some enlightened Morhpheus truth-seer or whatever the fuck you think you are. Just because you say its a delusion doesn't mean it is. How do you know you are not the deluded one?
>>
From my experience, they always end up hurting you.
Feels bad man
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.