[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do robots go to any type of mental doctor? I've gone through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: son.jpg (82 KB, 970x617) Image search: [Google]
son.jpg
82 KB, 970x617
Do robots go to any type of mental doctor?

I've gone through 3 therapists already and I hated them all and the shitty antidepressants I've been on. Lexapro doesn't fucking work.
>>
Bump. Please tell me if there's any reason to continue going to these meetings.
>>
Pls respond. Orignal cumment
>>
>>29741194
I wouldn't trust a therapist, nor do I believe in meds for the average person.

Self diagnosis is just as valid, alot of introspection is required perhaps some DMT or LSD
>>
Only you can figure out what's wrong.
>>
>>29741194
Haven't gone to one in fear of being diagnosed with autism or depression and worrying my parents.I wouldn't take meds anyway, all it would do is make me more aware of a condition I may not even have. If I don't have anything wrong with me I'll just feel worse about assuming I had a medical condition as well as the fact that other people actually struggle with this and have an excuse for being as pathetic as I am.
>>
Not anymore because I adopted a lifestyle that avoids me having stress or drug issues.
If only I could easily get NEETbux to maintain this unmedicated, comfy lifestyle.
>>
>>29741471
Enough drugs didn't help me fix my life any better.

My parents won't listen to me, you can't complain to friends without them hating you, what else do I have to turn to?
>>
Please continue discussion
>>
I would like at least a somewhat diverse range of opinions
>>
i see a female shrink for my autism and depression once a month.

ask me anything
>>
Hardly.

The thing about socialized healthcare of the kind they have in my country is that it has to be extremely cheap, so it's mass healthcare. If you can get an appointment with a psychiatrist at all, they'll rush you through a checklist and chuck you out of the office with a prescription for pills in half an hour so they can let the next patient in. I have had maybe two hours of time with therapists in all my life, and I was diagnosed with autism (and have crippling fucking depression as well). I can't get proper therapy unless I pay for it out of pocket. All I can get on my budget or from the government is an occasional bottle of antipsychotics provided by the local doctor.
>>
I'm on Lexapro, 20 mg, I feel better than before but I still want to kill myself.
>>
>>29742366
Does it help your depression at all?

>>29742417
I'm on Lexapro 20mg but it feels like it doesn't do anything anymore. It doesn't even calm my anger and despair.
>>
>>29742470
>Does it help your depression at all?

i dunno. i dont think seeing her helped my depression, i think finding out what was wrong with me and moving out of my parents house and getting an hour of exercise most days helped my depression. im still pretty numb inside though. im probably brain damaged from childhood abuse and being drugged by shrinks,
>>
>>29742510
Exercise helps my mind is a meme. Every time I go to the gym I feel worse than before.

And even though I already know what's wrong with me I can't seem to get out and do it, and even if I do do it, I end up hating it.

Doesn't help that everything has been taken from me. My car, my job, my computer, even my fucking ID to buy alcohol.
>>
>>29742538
>exercise helps my mind is a meme.

no its not lol. theres plenty of scientific evidence to back this up. you probably have such severe depression exercise isn't enough, that or you dont hit the gym hard enough.

>Doesn't help that everything has been taken from me. My car, my job, my computer, even my fucking ID to buy alcohol.

well duh, no wonder you feel shit. also stop drinking alcohol if you're serious about beating depression.
>>
>>29742561
I've felt like shit since I was in 6th grade. I'm just in the lowest point of my life right now.
>>
>>29741194
Used to go to an OT and a psychiatrist when I was 5-10. Feels good to be mentally sane.
>>
>>29742596

ive been feeling depression since 4/5 years old m8. people like us are born fucked.

what hope is there to cling onto?
>>
>>29742617
I dunno. Not even allowed to suffer because depression just repulses people from you so you gotta hold that shit in as much as possible and when it breaks out you lose everything.
>>
>>29742617
No hope, but fear of death. There is no rational reason for some of us to do anything other than commit suicide, but we cling to life because we fear (or know) that the alternative is worse.
>>
>>29742366
Is this female shrink hot?
>>
>>29741471
>self diagnosis is just as valid

Hello tumblr
>>
>>29742634

Even if you find a woman who is more fucked up than you, don't admit that you have any kind of mental issues. They don't sympathize. They want to be cared for, not to care for you. Tell no one who isn't a psychologist or therapist.
>>
>>29742804
That's the worst part. Hold it in for the rest of your life.

And people shame alcoholics.
>>
>>29742801
Doctors and therapists don't give a single fuck about you, they only care about money and handing out prescriptions that do nothing or turn you into a school shooter.

Feel depressed? Take a pill, feeling ill? Take a pill.

Pills for everything (because it's a multi billion dollar business)

Only you can fix yourself.
>>
File: self diagnosis screencap.png (30 KB, 1324x278) Image search: [Google]
self diagnosis screencap.png
30 KB, 1324x278
>>29741471
>Self diagnosis is just as valid

Pic related.
Why do we always need threads for people to seek attention about mental illness up anyway? What do you want us to do or say, none of us know shit compared to a clinician in the field, we can't treat you, and we absolutely can't diagnose you.
>>
>>29742864

Yeah, I learned that from experience. At best, they leave you. At worst, they take advantage of it. No one should have someone they love try to goad them into suicide.
>>
>>29742935
Pharma shill detected.

I've fixed others before, And I'm fixing myself. I'm in a much better place than I was 4 years ago, without pills. Pills don't ever solve the problem.

Tackle the root cause, NOT the symptoms.
>>
>>29743070
>Pharma shill detected.

What does diagnosis have to do with the pharmaceutical industry?

>I've fixed others before,

You haven't fixed anyone mate.

>And I'm fixing myself. I'm in a much better place than I was 4 years ago, without pills

That's great for you, I'm glad to hear you're doing well without the need for medication.

>Pills don't ever solve the problem.

This is just objectively false though. Compared to placebo, pills are much, much more effective.

>Tackle the root cause, NOT the symptoms.

Very much a case to case thing I think. I agree that people here always act like they need meds because they're so totally severe and irredeemable, but in reality just have shitty lives, and their reaction is pretty normal for someone in that position. Those sort of people should work on their lives, not just taking pills, because they won't make your life good.

But some people do benefit from medication, and they should definitely take it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.