[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Advice thread, I really want to play Monopoly edition. This
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1463524304008.jpg (96 KB, 1006x768) Image search: [Google]
1463524304008.jpg
96 KB, 1006x768
Advice thread, I really want to play Monopoly edition.

This is a thread where people can ask questions and talk about their problems, and I will try and give answers and advice. This thread is an alternative to /adv/ specifically for the people on this board.

>inb4 reeeeee get off my board
>>
>done horrible things in my life
>thought i was a good person
>turns out I'm a huge selfish degenerate
>thinking maybe I should kill myself
>>
>>29740873
I just discovered that my exgf ( i still love her) is a lesbian
What should i do ?
>>
Going into the military soon, but when should I tell them I'm trans? Should I tell my recruiter? Or wait until the end of boot camp? I just don't want to fuck anything up for myself. I think it helps that I'm FtM

inb4 kill yourself
>>
>>29740907
Become a better person. Suicide doesn't undo all the horrible things you've done, but improving yourself will let you compensate for them and make the world a better place.

>>29740929
If she's an ex then let her go and get over her. Easier said than done, but you'll never get her back, especially if she's not into guys, so you need to move on.
>>
>>29740998
Don't join the military, they don't need person like you
>>
>>29740998
The military isn't really known for being tolerant and understanding, as evidenced by the fact that "don't ask don't tell" was a thing until recently. I personally wouldn't tell them, but I personally wouldn't be trans, so I'm not sure how applicable my advice is.
>>
>>29741018
Yeah, you're right, after all i don't have the choice, thank guy.
>>
>>29740998
Active Duty here. What branch? Honestly tell your recruiter because otherwise you're being dishonest. Ash Carter and the gang have pushed a bill for you mental failures to serve openly but it hasn't gone through yet to be law. The only issue I see is that you can get booted out if you're not honest up front because now you're a liability (Mentally your ilk aren't stable) and expensive (since tricare covers your self mutilation). You'll have to go through training with your biological sex and all physical examinations will also coincide with your biological sex. If that triggers you then the military is the last thing you're going to want to go in to. Thankfully since you're FtM you'll likely deal with less open hatred as many military males dont care about women being gay or a tranny. Females will hate you, a lot.
>>
>>29741057
Glad I could help. Sorry about your situation, but shit happens, and we all need to figure out how to deal with it.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (82 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
82 KB, 500x450
>what the hell are you doing here Alice2 ?
>>
>>29741041
The military has always been the test bed for major social reform. Desegregation started in the army, legalization and intigration of homosexuals started in the military, all of this years before it became the law of the land. Trans are already starting to become a hot point and board meetings. It's only a matter of time. And hopefully I'll be out before I have to deal with it
>>
>>29741073
Air Force, which to be honest, terrible idea.
I still think tricare shouldn't support our transition. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>29741166
Providing advice. I might be a normie now but I was once a robot, so I still feel nostalgic about this place.

>>29741172
I had no idea about that. Maybe I was just thinking of the Russian army, but to be fair nearly all Eastern Europeans are everything-phobic.
>>
>>29741203
Figured. I'm AF right now posting from work since my job is stupid I say it really depends on how much you want to join, why you want to join, for how long, and are you willing to just be a bull dyke until it's accepted for you to be open about it. And yes it is stupid but that's the way of things. The next administration could either drop it completely or push it harder. Again, in this climate the Airforce really dislikes dishonest people and even though recruiting is still big we're still down sizing heavily.
>>
>>29741203
Well, just to play devil's advocate, you could argue that being trans is a mental condition than needs to be treated, in this case by transitioning. In the same way that you'd be covered if you had depression or anxiety, you'll be covered for this too.
>>
>>29741281
That's pretty scummy to be honest. The service doesn't exist for you to get free health care and be a leech. Also if you're a mental patient say bye bye to deployments or ever using a firearm.
>>
>>29741316
I fail to see how being trans equates to being a leech, to be completely honest.
>>
>>29741379
Using the military for mental health medication and services isn't good. You remove yourself from the deployment rosters, arming rosters, and just pull money out. It's scummy. Especially since it's not fully accepted or integrated.
>>
>>29741379
Come on folks, don't be shy. I know some of you other guys have questions too(:
>>
I m jealous of chrischan. What do I do. You probably think im trolling, I am not.
>>
>>29740873
>How do I deal with excessive sweating?
>How long do you have to work at a place to ask for a reference?
>What are some good exercises to do at home?
Please help
>>
>>29741520
That's fair enough. I guess you could say that you don't contributing much to the military and instead just taking advantage of their free healthcare.
>>
>>29741564
Who exactly is chrischan? What does he have for you to be jealous of him?
>>
>>29741571
Get a good antiperspirant. By that I don't mean a deodorant which offers "48 hour protection", I mean an ACTUAL proper antiperspirant.

Any length of time. Literally all a reference is is a note saying that you worked at the place. Worst case scenario is they refuse to give you one just yet.

I guess pushups and such are good. Google no-equipment workout and find something that suits you.
>>
>>29741599
I'm just saying if you don't contribute to the system other than wear the uniform and pull the benifits you are abusing the system. Plenty of people do already.
>>
>>29740998
You dumb nigger, every one with a brain can recognize a fucking transgender.

>brain
>military
>>
File: 1461249014421.png (169 KB, 409x437) Image search: [Google]
1461249014421.png
169 KB, 409x437
>>29740873
How does find any desire to be alive? I'm apathetic to anything. I rationally understand reason of other people trying to motive me but nothing comes from my heart. It's just like sitting in Ferrari but without any fuel.
>>
>>29741697
Hahaha, I know exactly what you're going through. I have nearly everything I ever wanted, and yet I struggle to feel "happy". You probably have depression, anon, and by far the best course of action in that case is to go see a doctor about it. Good luck either way(:
>>
>>29741743
Strange thing is that i cant pinpoint event which caused it.
>>
>>29741785
Depression isn't always triggered by events. In fact, the current understanding of what depression is suggests that it is a chemical imbalance in the brain, and that doesn't need anything to jump-start it.
>>
Anyone else wants some advice, bros?
>>
>>29742995
your advice is shit. Take mine, kys.
>>
>>29740929
You should fuck off you fucking normie
>>
>>29743025
Good and original post, my friend(:

>>29743045
>this board not being populated by normies
You're just kidding yourself.
>>
>>29740873
im decent looking, decent height, good hygiene. could probably get a good gf, but i just don't care at all and haven't for the past 5 years. wat do? i feel like i should care but i just can't bring myself to.
>>
>>29743155
Some people just don't really have a burning desire to be with someone else. It's completely fine to be single if you don't particularly want to get a gf, so don't worry about it. Besides, I'm sure that if you're desirable, then when you meet someone you actually want to be with, you'll hit it off and having something going with her, rather than just be in a few casual relationships you don't feel all that strongly about.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.