[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Retail Feels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: Retail-feels.jpg (107 KB, 509x339) Image search: [Google]
Retail-feels.jpg
107 KB, 509x339
>Worst customer edition
>This customer walks through the door and you instantly know your day is gonna take a right turn to shitty town

Who is it, retailbots?
>>
File: burn.jpg (83 KB, 960x717) Image search: [Google]
burn.jpg
83 KB, 960x717
>the "5 foot 7 inch blonde woman with her hair up in a bun and sunglasses and hoop earrings with the "I want to speak to your manager" body language comes up and says "I wanna speak to your manager".
>>
If I don't respond when you say, "Have a nice day/See you", does it annoy you?
>>
>work in produce
>the worst customer walks in
Several things can happen here
>"do you have this special herb that even whole foods won't have?"
Fuck no, we're not a specialty produce store
>"can you check in the back?"
SURE because as everyone knows the back is a magical portal to all the produce you could ever want
>"this produce isn't good enough, go get me a new one"
Bitch half the time there's nothing wrong with the produce, just be happy you can go to a store and buy vegetables instead of having to grow them yourself.
>>
>>29740854
It does. I don't fucking care if you're actually having a nice day or not, being polite is just part of the job and reciprocating politeness is just part of not being a fucking asshole.
>>
>work in a bar
>having a pretty good day, everyone is chill, the crack is good
>hen party stagger in with stupid inflatable dicks and pink feathers everywhere

Every weekend
>>
>>29740903
Seriously? Groups of rambunctious, drunk chicks are always pretty annoying but I would've thought as a bartender you'd be in a prime position to identify and nail one of the horny single women in the group who's drunk as fuck and depressed that she's not getting married.
>>
The guy that keep coming back to our store even though apparently everything is terrible, who gets irrationally angry over it.

>we dont have his favourite cheese
This is someone my fault. Me, the dry goods guy in our small store decide the stock of over 200 stores
>our dishcloth are the wrong size
I also design and control the properties of our store brand wares
>he thinks that selling fruits and veg with a price per piece instead of by weight is "illegal" and that we're swindling him (certain items like avocadoes, lime, coconuts etc. Traditionally have set prices per piece, i don't know why, i dont care)
And of course he bring this up when he's about to pay at the register, demanding that i do something about it, holding up the queue, the other cashier is on his break.
Note: every store and chain does the same thing, apparently im the one who's selected to create a paradigm shift.

Yet he still comes back.
>>
File: images-6.jpg (36 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
36 KB, 511x288
Im the hotel fag from the last thread who cleans rooms and sniffs the guests shoes n panties, well i got fucking caught and got fired. Im scared the cops will come knockng soon
>>
>>29741069
Storytime nigga
Originalityy
>>
>>29741083
Nothing to tell, i was fapping with her shoes on my face and she walked in and screamed. Manager came and fired me on the spot. Sorry for no le epic greentext im shaking scared right now
>>
Is retail that bad? I just got a job in retail, but i worked at Mcdicks before so I feel like it can't be as bad as fast food.
>>
>>29741105
You fucked up mate. Good luck.
>>
>>29740827

>be me: rather lucky
>worst client, a woman in her 60's
>everyday she comes to buy a few dollars of groceries
>but spends some 30 minutes asking for the price of everything she won't buy
>and always says "nooo, too pricey, nooo"

first days I laughed. Now I'm just bored
>>
I used to work in a book/magazine/gazette store and I still have nightmares about this one guy
>>at the register. see an enormous shadow
>>a ham-monster walks in and is "rushing" straight at me in a business suite
>>"I canth fing mah newspapper!"

wale-fucker you didn't even look. I used to see this asshole every day
>>
>>29741105
Do you have any dirt of the hotel you can use as a defence in which they might just want to forget it?

I doubt the chick cared too much. She would've got a free upgrade, an extra night comped as well as a story to tell for the rest of her life.
>>
How many years you going been in retail?

Coming up on 13 years for me....
>>
It's this old lady who is slightly overweight, slightly hunched over, with short hair. Every time she comes in, she has some new complaint.
Once she came in during the morning and told me an employee was rude to her last night. She told me her coffee didn't ring up properly, and when she told him to change the price, he said he can't. He has to ask a manager to change the price, the register won't let him do it, and I told her this, but she said I was just making excuses for him.

Usually she complains that we don't have the same sales as other stores. Even though we have the exact same sales as we're in the same same region, same district, even the same town, she insists we don't. She'll say "the other store had it on sale for X price!" I think she's just lying. It's possible that maybe the other store did a price change for her, or maybe they had too much of that item and were giving discounts on it to get rid of it, but I don't have time to explain these things to her.

A few weeks ago she insisted some 50 pound bag of dog food was marked as a dollar. I wasn't going to lower the price by nearly $25 for her stupid little lies. She left and cried out that she's never coming back. Hopefully that's the truth, but she typically comes in once a month asking if we've received her application yet.

>>29740854
Not really. That's the end of our conversation right there, it doesn't need to continue. We both have things to do. Now when I greet someone and they make no acknowledgement of me, I feel a little miffed, but only for like 20 seconds.

>>29743170
Not very long, in a couple months I'll have worked at the store for 2 years. I told myself I wouldn't be here longer than a month.
>>
Customerfeel here. I always make an effort to take my carts to the little cart corrals, even if they're far away from where I parked. I don't get how people can be so inconsiderate to just leave their carts in the middle of the lot blocking parking spaces and potentially rolling into someone's car.

Also, people who walk in through the "Exit" door when the "Entrance" door is 15 feet away piss me off and I wish you guys would call them on it. What's the point of even marking them if it's enforced?
>>
>>29743998
>but she typically comes in once a month asking if we've received her application yet.

Application for what? To work there?
>>
>>29744666
Correct. I can only imagine that horror.
>>
>>29744408
>Also, people who walk in through the "Exit" door when the "Entrance" door is 15 feet away piss me off and I wish you guys would call them on it. What's the point of even marking them if it's enforced?
Shut you little autistic nerd. I'll walk through whatever door I want
>>
>>29744683
I don't get people like this. Do they really think they'll be hired after being completely intolerable assholes? Getting a job in retail is virtually all about being in a decent relationship with the staff and management.
>>
>>29740931
even if she was getting married, she'd still probably fuck him if he looked decent
>>
>>29741069
Holy Shit I missed that thread. Link nao!
>>
>>29741205
Lel this made me laugh anon
>>
File: 1366166330629.png (316 KB, 545x688) Image search: [Google]
1366166330629.png
316 KB, 545x688
>>29740827
>Tourist who can barely speak english enters the store
Working on a best buy in NYC is painful
>>
>cleaning a surface
>shift lead says "oh don't worry about that"
>"but its dirty"
>"doesn't matter"
???
>>
>>29746141
None a this matters.
>>
>work in a big store, my country's equivalent of Walmart
>filled with hot women
>late nights bring groups of young Chads and Staceys

Not that bad apart from that. It's extremely relaxed compared to fast food
>>
>>29740827
Obese new orleans refugee nigger women are the bane of my existence
>>
How do you faggots even endure working in the total hellhole that is retail?

I probably wouldn't last half a week in there, if I had to choose between this kind of wageslavery or becoming homeless I would just kill myself in about any way I could imagine.
>>
>>29746268
Too scared to quit because my family will be mad at me for not working.
The only other jobs I'm qualified for is more retail.
Too scared to kill myself.
This is the rest of my life. Living in fear and dissatisfaction.
>>
>>29741069
If its not on camera you can sue them
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.