[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/lucid/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Who /lucid dreams/ here? Share your experiences, tips, dreams and shit.

I've been trying all kinds of shit to get lucid, but I'm still struggling. Tonight I woke up after 3 hours of sleep and got up for 20 minutes in an attempt at WBTB but I couldn't fall asleep after an hour, so I said fuck it, and here I am. I seem to have trouble falling back asleep after exiting REM sleep if I get up, and if I stay in bed I'll go back to sleeping without retaining consciousness.

On the bright side I remembered my dream vividly.
>>
I don't know about controlling your dreams but the most vivid dreams I've ever had were when I was on the nicotine patch and left it on during sleep. You'd swear you're awake, but you're dreaming. The part of you that would say "hey, this is too weird to be a dream" is asleep, though, so you don't realize you're dreaming, even though weird shit it going on. Kind of hard to explain. Very interesting, though, until you have your first extremely vivid nightmare...
>>
File: 1453632682587.jpg (1 MB, 2054x1532) Image search: [Google]
1453632682587.jpg
1 MB, 2054x1532
bump, nobody else cares to discuss their dreams?
>>
>>29740041
>>nobody else cares to discuss their dreams?

I've been on the internet 20 years and I've NEVER seen an interesting thread about dreams on any website

Hearing about other people's dreams just isn't that interesting
>>
>>29740337
That's just like, your opinion man. For me in particular I find lucid dreams very interesting to read, moreso than normal ones, especially since I'm trying to learn how to do it myself.
>>
>>29740041

I have had only a few lucid dreams (so far). In the very first, it was one of those classic dreams where you're at school but missing clothes that everyone gets. I had no shirt on, and it actually dawned on me how odd it would be for me to turn up without a shirt on. At that point, I realised that I was in a dream. I was so overcome with the realisation that I lost the thread of it and the dream more or less ended there.

That was pretty much how it was for the other times too. I'd find myself in an odd situation, question it and realise I was in a dream ... then immediately allow this realisation to shock me out of the dream. I struggle to keep it together after that realisation.

I have another 'cue' as well - I can't run in dreams. My legs feel immensely heavy and weak. Therefore, I sometimes catch myself trying to run in dreams, being unable to do so, and then I have that flash of realisation. Finding a cue of any sort is an excellent way to 'get into' lucid dreaming. I remember someone (maybe on this board?) talking about light switches being their cue.

Lately though, I've been having innocuous dreams. I dream about doing the most mundane day to day activities, sometimes in a lucid manner (I'm not sure whether it counts as lucid because I'm deciding to do obvious logical things like cooking food, washing up or playing video games i.e. I'm not really testing the limits of the dream, more just realising that I'm hungry and fancy a snack). The problem is that they're so real, I have trouble keeping track of what's actually real and what isn't, particularly whether I've had a certain conversation with someone.
>>
>>29740473
I've heard some good things to do if you realize you're lucid but have trouble staying lucid/dreaming is to grab something nearby, spin around and focus on the scenery. The one time I became lucid I grabbed my shirt and spun, extending the dream for a few seconds. I'll try to focus on 'cues' as well, I need to read through my dream journal more often to see if I can find any good ones.

>The problem is that they're so real, I have trouble keeping track of what's actually real and what isn't, particularly whether I've had a certain conversation with someone.
Fug, that sounds weird.
>>
>>29740539

It is weird and was scary at first, but now it's mostly inconvenient. It's obvious whether I've eaten or done washing. I can spend time on my computer to check whether I actually sent the email I dreamed about or whether I actually got that achievement in a game. It's just conversations, because there's no real way to check. I think that's part of its an anxiety thing, like I'll worry about calling up someone for something (say I need an engineer to fix something around the house) because I hate talking on the phone. Then I'll dream about it because brains like to dwell on stuff like that ... so then I'm not really sure whether I actually did it. Which makes me even more anxious about calling them up because I'll look really stupid if I already called them.

It's stupid, really, so most of the time I keep lists of things I've done and things that I need to do. Whilst I might dream about crossing something off of the list, I don't physically sleepwalk to do it (as far as I know), so it's easy to check. Plus it helps with general organisation and actually accomplishing things. I suppose that I could try running, but it's not something I would ever do in the content!

On topic, I will try out what you said about focussing on the scenery. The hard part is definitely staying in the lucid dream. If crazy stuff's happening, I usually can recognise that it's a dream.

I see that you keep a journal, which is another good tactic for lucid dreaming. I might actually try that as well, to look for patterns or hints that I'm dreaming, particularly since I can cross-reference it with my lists of daily tasks.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.