[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /carer/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: 1168 - g4T8kYJ.png (17 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1168 - g4T8kYJ.png
17 KB, 640x560
My mother is starting to lose her grip. Keeps calling the police on people saying they are crawling around in her ceiling. Thinks people have planted listening devices to monitor her.

I think I am going to have to move in with her and look after her.

Is anyone else in his position? Caring for an elderly relative?

I would rather be dead than in that position but I can't refuse. I would feel too guilty.

And it's not like I have anything else going on in my life. No job, no family.

I don't know what to do.
>>
My mother is going full schzio, after our house sells I'm living alone. Her antics have dragged me down too far.

Take my advice, shove your mum in a helper home and fucking live life.
>>
>>29739009
Euthanize her dude
>>
>>29739096
>shove your mum in a helper home and fucking live life
The guilt would consume me.

She has been very generous to me as my life has progressed into abject failure.

How could I abandon her?
>>
>>29739138
trust me, i fell for the guilt meme and its wasted a year of my life. You have to accept shes gone.
>>
You're better off caring for her than putting her in a nursing home. People in nursing homes are miserable.
>>
>>29739169
>You have to accept shes gone.
But she isn't totally gone yet. She still has a few years before she becomes a complete vegetable.

She doesn't even accept there is anything wrong with her. She would never go to a nursing home willingly. It will be a big mess.
>>
You can probably get some government assistance where you get money as long as you are caring for her.
>>
>>29739219
Yeah but it would be the same as I get if I don't care for her. It is not a factor in my decision.
>>
>>29739203
my aunt is a violent schizophrenic, my mother is a few years younger and becoming more like my aunt each passing month. Living with an insane person doesn't help them, they'll try to manipulate you and drag you down into the insanity. I'm an anxious wreck from growing up around this.

Now my aunt living alone is very unhealthy, when she was properly supervised in a home was skinny and on her meds. If you care for your mother hospitalizing her early as possible will reduce the chance she completely loses it.
>>
>>29739323
My mother is 67 so I think it is dementia.

There is no cure or even very effective treatment. She will just continue to decline until she can't even care for herself in the most basic ways.

It happened to my grandmother the same way.
>>
>>29739347
dementia doesn't cause paranoia, but it very well could be both.

For starters whatever you choose to do you need legal guardianship of her.
>>
>>29739388
>dementia doesn't cause paranoia
I have been doing a lot of reading and the sort of paranoia she has is very common with dementia.

My grandmother was the same. she kept saying her neighbours were stealing plants out of her garden.
>>
>>29739388
>you need legal guardianship of her
I don't think she is at that stage yet. She is still quite functional in everyday matters.
>>
>>29739425
in your grandmas case she probably forgot the stolen flowers didn't exist. her memory lasping is the false paranoia.

>>29739440
thats why you need to get her to agree now. Court process of these things are a bitch.

Are you an only child?
>>
>>29739550
>Are you an only child?
No. I have two sisters. But one has kids and the other a career.

Since I am NEET it will fall to me to look after her.
>>
>>29739571
how old are you, at least 25?

idk the relationship between your family but asking them for help wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>29739671
I am 28.

Family relations are very poor. My mother has feuded with one of my sisters and she doesn't speak to her any more.

The other one is in denial about how bad my mother is and just gets really angry at any mention that there might be a problem.
This sister deals with my mother's insanity by abusing her about it. Yelling at her when she says something crazy and telling her to shut up.

They are not going to be much help.
>>
>>29739710
that is worrying. If you really want to secure your neetdom and her future nows the time, otherwise if she deteriorates and does something bad she will be appointed a guardian. Who will the state pick from the raffle? the bum neet or the stable golddiggers?
>>
File: 1437840413164.jpg (12 KB, 336x434) Image search: [Google]
1437840413164.jpg
12 KB, 336x434
>meet the perfect hot smart gf
>she has a stroke and struggles to walk and talk now
>have to do almost everything for her
>half hope she doesnt get better so she doesnt realize her mistake and dump me
>>
File: 1416540244287.png (19 KB, 571x448) Image search: [Google]
1416540244287.png
19 KB, 571x448
Might see if this thred will bummp
>>
Our mother had a brain tumor. She was terminal. A social worker talked to my sister and I and we worked out mom would live with my sister who would be the main caregiver. Our brother had had a falling out with her a while back. So maybe if your mom at son point can't take care of herself, see if her doctor or hospital can recommend a social worker. Might help. You might need a power of attorney too so you can pay her bills and stuff. I'm just recalling what happened with us. Maybe this won't apply in your moms situation. Good luck anon.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.