[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who here had over bearing parents as a child >watching cartoons
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: 554.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
554.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Who here had over bearing parents as a child
>watching cartoons after school
>dad comes home from work
>"WHAT DID I FUCKING TELL YOU KID, CARTOONS ARE FOR GIRLS & IDIOTS"
>Turns off TV
>slaps me sends me to my room to do homework
>dinner time
>Eating food
>Sister tells a joke and makes a funny face
>I laugh at her
>"WHAT DID I FUCKING TELL YOU KID, LAUGHING IS FOR WHIMPS AND HOMOSEXUAL FAGGOTS"
>I-Im sorry dad
>Take smile off my face stop laughing
>Get beat up after dinner in the kitchen

I still don't know what my fathers problem was
>wasnt allowed to laugh, watch cartoons or play sports infront of him

>Bring home a basketball from school
>Pops it with a knife
>"SPORTS ARE FOR PEOPLE WITH LOW IQ ANON"

I was never allowed to do anything except read books & do my homework

20 years later
my dad has the audacity to ask me
"SON YOU DON'T SMILE OR LAUGH"
>"WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BRING A GIRL HOME SON"

MFW hes always talking about how my chad cousin is this successful engineer and how hes always smiling and happy
>>
>>29738748
Just be happy you didn't have my parents, anon.

>used to forget to flush toilets as a kid after I shat

>parents tried beating me but I kept doing it

>So they made a crown out of paper with the words "royal flusher" on it

>and basically they'd call me whenever they'd taken a shit or piss so I could flush it for them

>even made up a song which they sang when calling me

>"Oh Royal Flusher, this one's a Gusher, a real big Turd! Oh royal flusher won't you flush her? Please flush my poo away"

That wasn't even the worst thing they did

I fucking hate everything
>>
>>29738748
Your dad literally sounds like the repressed homosexual meme. Or he was sexually abused by one. You should cut that guy out of your life senpai. He sounds like an absolute bastard nutcase.
>>
>>29738748
>I was never allowed to do anything except read books & do my homework
I know this feel, friend
>>
>>29738790
that's fucking terrible, even though it sounds rather fake...
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 192x182) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 192x182
>>29738823
My dad a normie to the extremes tho, pretty sure he a psycho

Outside the family my dad is well known always invited out to gatherings, treated us like shit tho
>>
>>29738845
going to be honest it was such a long time ago I don't remember the words to the song so I just made that up, but I swear to all the fucking gods it's true.

They were fucking insane, still are.
>>
>>29738790
holy shit

origaminaldo commenanto
>>
>>29738869
>Outside the family my dad is well known always invited out to gatherings, treated us like shit tho

Sounds like my dad, until I moved away, cutoff contact, & his friends started speculating why
>>
>>29738748
My parents are pretty emotionally abusive. They were physically too. The part that really fucked me up was putting me around people who were just as abusive and around bad situations. I have mental wounds that won't heal and I'm stil underneath them.
>>
My dad was frequently away on long business trips. He cheated on my mom alot throughout my childhood, and this caused alot of fighting. He also had a kind of mental breakdown throughout this time, where he had a hair trigger temper. He'd flip out and start screaming and breaking stuff over little things. I'm lucky he wasn't a drinker, and that he didn't start actually beating me until I was in my teens. And that only happened a handful of times. In my teens, as well, my mom started drinking really heavily, and would frequently refuse to eat, resulting in her falling into a kind of retarded delirium for periods of time.

Some people have had it worse than me, and have come out of it better, but this shit really fucked me up mentally. I couldn't make or keep friends. I'm pathologically insecure around other people.

The strange thing is that, now, like 10 years later, everything's kind of back on track with the family. My father's taking better care of himself, he's not as angry or as psycho. He doesn't lose his shit and start screaming. My mom's sobered up and employed. But I still just stay in the basement on 4chan all day, and don't come out. I'm a 26 NEET.
>>
>"WHAT DID I FUCKING TELL YOU KID, CARTOONS ARE FOR GIRLS & IDIOTS"

What the fuck? Has your retard dad ever heard of anime? Not all cartoons are for children.
>>
File: 1467630527442.jpg (67 KB, 614x1024) Image search: [Google]
1467630527442.jpg
67 KB, 614x1024
>tfw weren't allowed to close doors in the house except for the bathroom
>tfw up until I was 18 I changed in front of my parents
Was a bit weird. They also wouldn't let me hang out with anyone whose parents they weren't on good terms with which were none of my friends. My mom actually recently apologized to me for this out of the blue saying that she holds some responsibility for my fuckup of a life
>>
>>29739233
Be an absolute monster

>hey dad, remember that time you trashed the house because [trivial bullshit] or that time you beat the shit out of me? Good times

>>29739370
you should tell your mother to hang herself
>>
>>29739464
>Be an absolute monster

And have my enablers throw me out? The only reason I'm not homeless as we speak is because I learned to bite my tongue, be helpful, and not fucking fight with my parents.

But yea, there's kind of this unspoken understanding that they're going to tolerate my being a lazy fuckup for longer than is customary as a compensation for fucking up my life so badly.
>>
>>29739464
No she's a nice lady
Just overbearing because my two older siblings have been massive fuck ups
One is in prison and the other is a 40 y/o whiny cat lady
>>
>>29738790
You took that from another thread. I read this just a moment ago
>>
>>29738748
where are your parents from/what race are they?

I'm actually just looking for others with Nigerian parents but I guess I'm also somewhat curious about other groups
>>
File: bebe chorando.jpg (15 KB, 527x307) Image search: [Google]
bebe chorando.jpg
15 KB, 527x307
>waaahhh dad taught me to be a real man and yet i became a bitch waaahhh
KYS faggot
>>
>wasn't allowed to charge phone in my room until I was 17
>Dad fought with suster constantly
>Sister bullied me
>Parents ignored it to stop more conflict
>Grew up sad and passive and wimpy

Fuck
>>
>>29738748
>had to go to room in 4 p.m everyday until i was like 8. Watching all the neighborhood kids playing from the window.
Parents too lazy to deal with me going out to play.
>sign me into a different school than the few friends i had from kindergarten and neighborhood.
>Kinda autisticly orbited the cool kids in hs and got invited to party's and shit but never allowed to go.
And now they wonder why i'm a fuck up.
>>
>>29739711
>implying sports aren't the most manly thing to normies
>>
File: 1459694774796.png (52 KB, 400x486) Image search: [Google]
1459694774796.png
52 KB, 400x486
The worst part is how they're so oblivious to how they fucked your life up. They even praise my normie cousins that they thought were bad and did everything to stop me from being normal, or atleast doing what I want
>>
File: 1467349357564.png (47 KB, 500x430) Image search: [Google]
1467349357564.png
47 KB, 500x430
>try to bake myself a cake
>mum grabs the whisk and ingredients and does it for me
>try pushing shopping trolley at the store
>mum grabs my hands and steers it for me
>try to go clothes shopping
>mum tells me what to wear
>try to be more social when with relatives
>mum tells them i'm antisocial and introverted and don't talk much
>try to get a job at a warehouse
>mum says that it's too dangerous and won't let me go
>try to hang out with my friends
>mum calls the police if i'm gone for an hour too long and don't answer my phone

>i'm 18
>she gets vicious and angry, shouting at me that I'm not independent enoguh

this is what happens when you are raised by a woman
>>
Literally the opposite for me and just as awful:
>parents don't care about what I do unless it's a really serious fuckup
>like seriously, even if I skipped school for 2 weeks straight and school finally calls home they're like 'anon you're grounded, no pc and don't do that ever again'. Ask mom next day if I can use the pc and she's like 'yeah fine'
>parents always get me what I want, which isn't much because I grew up with everything being free on internet etc.
>parents now wonder why I have no drive or desire to succeed and why I am apathetic about life in general
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.