[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, does anyone in here know how to deal with learning that their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: kramer.gif (799 KB, 200x189) Image search: [Google]
kramer.gif
799 KB, 200x189
So, does anyone in here know how to deal with learning that their father is in fact mortal, and will probably die within the next decade or so? I went out with him today for the fourth and he was scared of the mountain road we had to cross. I finally saw him scared for the first time in my life.

Pic not related.
>>
fuck you, this is more important than today's 121st boivag thread
>>
please, respond robots I need you worthless fools to guide me
>>
>>29738066
>>29738678
accept it
not a pretty thought but it's true
the sooner you accept and deal with it the easier it'll be dealing with it when the time comes
Don't dwell on it otherwise the fear of it will eat away at you and only make the goodbye harder
>>
>>29738723
and maybe someday you too will be a father
looking your children in the eyes from your deathbed saying the final goodbyes
>>
>>29738753
I'm not ready for that kind of feel, mane. Do you know how hard it is to teach your children to be men and not robots, chads or niggers?
>>
>>29738774
i'd be worried about making sure they have food to eat and clothes to wear trying to be the ear for their problems and fights at school
having fun showing them the fun shit i got to do as a kid fishing fixing old cars ect the fun shit
i'd lose all hope if they decided to become a
tranny faggot or committed suicide for some stupid reason
or lose them to drugs
>>
i never met my father so fuck him hahaha
>>
File: 1378844454631.gif (2 MB, 245x187) Image search: [Google]
1378844454631.gif
2 MB, 245x187
My father is a stupid, pigheaded child with basically no redeeming qualities except "working hard".

He isn't a father figure, he's bullied me my entire life and all of my memories are tainted by him making me miserable.

I'm glad you have something to look up to.
>>
>>29738839
God you're right. Can you imagine raising some Young Thug lookalike, dress wearing, butter-soft tranny faggot? I would seriously an hero on the spot.

>>29738879
Working hard isn't even a negative. My dad might have had a 95 IQ, but he put his shoulder to the grindstone and now he's got double retirement at 62. I just wish we could have the same opportunities as the baby boomers.
>>
>>29738678
Just make the most of the time you have left with him. That's all you can do.
>>
>>29738956
I guess you're right. He's a biker so we went up a twisty mountain motorcycle route to a 1860's mining town for the 4th of July today. Then we drank a couple of beers, talked some shit and chatted about life for a minute. I think that's the best that could happen.

Thanks to everyone, there weren't a lot of responses but y'all seem to have good answers. Enjoy the years we've got left, have fun and try to learn a bit.
>>
>>29738066
felt weird desu

think I recall him getting into hot water with the IRS, rocked my world that my father could make mistakes like that

started getting lightly abusive towards me not long after, screaming at me for minor things like pointing out little things he messed up on. didn't help he's never apologized for any of that, plus he acts like nothing ever happened

feels harder being around him than a complete stranger
>>
My male biological enabler has taken shit care of himself his whole life, and now in his mid 50's his diabetes has already caused life threatening heart attacks. His weak body got a case of pneumonia that put him in the hospital for two weeks earlier this year.

You would think such a shock would get me to change my pos neet ways, but apparently that's not enough for me to get off 4chan and work.
>>
>>29738066
It doesn't bother me at all. Everyone is mortal. Everyone can die. I won't mind dying someday-- I'm even considering doing so ahead of schedule. Sometimes it would be easier if someone died than if they left you or stopped caring about you anyway. It would leave a more pleasant memory.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.