[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/cyborg feels/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (9 KB, 570x446) Image search: [Google]
image.png
9 KB, 570x446
>Tfw too autistic to be normie
>Tfw not autistic enough to be a robot

Discuss cyborg problems in this general
Allowed: cyborgs, anyone who just wants to talk
Not allowed: no one, we just want to fit in somewhere
>>
I'm one of those things. What do you want to talk about?
>>
File: image.jpg (174 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174 KB, 800x600
>>29737055
I don't know why I basically make up my own problems in life. I'm depressed and have to be on meds for it, but I feel like I just make up a lot of my problems in my head, and work myself up about them. And then I feel like shit for comparing my shitty problems to someone with real world problems that actually has issues.
>>
Going to lose my job in August, finding a new one has been hard, I've only been at it for 2 weeks but I was hoping I'd get at least one in person interview by now. My job is the only thing that is keeping me from going full robot.
>>
File: image.jpg (182 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
182 KB, 750x1334
>>29737116
I'm sorry anon, I hope that you can keep a job so that you can at least have a place to live and food on the table. My best advice is sometimes apply for jobs you are a little overqualified for and they may give you a better starting position than the spot they are looking to fill
>>
>>29737105
(not the anon you were responding to)

I know that feel man. I think I have some kind of anxiety problem, or maybe borderline personality. In a rut and talk myself out of doing anything to fix it, then highly ambivalent and doubting when opportunity comes along. I fault other people for being hypocritical or indirect but I think they're just being human and shut down when my personality is too intense for them. People seem to cut me out entirely or ghost me for periods of a few months if they get too close.

When I can stop being neurotic and putting crazy demands on people, things go a lot more smoothly. But I don't know what's at the root of it. Trying to get into some kind of treatment but navigating the shitty system (US) sucks; fingers crossed it works out and is useful.
>>
>>29737105
As far as your last sentence goes, don't get dragged into the "pain is a pissing contest" mentality of modern day victim culture. As long as you're not bitching about trivial bullshit to someone silently bearing serious problem, no self-respecting human thinks you don't have the right to feel pain. By the logic you're using taken to its conclusion, even the people you're comparing yourself too who have "real" problems don't have the right to feel bad about it, because somewhere in an African country right now there is probably an orphan with cerebral palsy getting buttraped by a gang of child soldiers.

Also, trying to control feelings like that do tend to lead to some of that "made up" stuff/generally weird and irrational thoughts gaining a foothold in the mind.
>>
>>29737159
I think I'll try this. I might have to start looking to other states too, still got some time but I don't remember it being this difficult last time I was looking for a job and back then I had 3 years less experience. I work IT support, not a pajeet though
>>
>>29737238
Thanks for the read, I can agree with you, but my made up problems aren't "victim culture" oriented (aka I don't complain about how the system puts me down or how impressed I am), my problem is that I take any situation that maybe could be for most, slightly embarrassing or not even noticeable, and never let it go. It's all stupid shit too, I'll give you an example of an autistic one

>be me
>17, mom asks me to get groceries (share car with her so could go get them)
>get the 15 or so things I need, and go to self checkout
>machine breaks
>girl I know from school works there and comes over to ask if I need help
>spaghetti in pockets falls out
>literally stare at her for like 7 seconds with wide eyes and just left without my groceries

I can't live stupid/retarded/whatever scenarios down. I dwell on them and don't let it go for some reason.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
>>29737249
What level of education/experience do you have that a job may want?
>>
>>29737236
I feel you. I am pretty much completely normal of my life is going smoothly, but as soon as some bad or unexpected shit happens, I seem to just kind of fly off the handle. I lose control and usually just end up acting like a spoiled/entitled asshole to everyone, even people who are there to help me and nothing more. For example, I had 1 gf, and even though we were fine, the day my father died (I was 22 at this point so don't feel bad for me) I just treated her like shit, and continued on for like another week until she broke up with me. I'm now 25 and haven't had any contact with a girl, but at least my life is on track in the sense of I have some job salary growth left and I'm not struggling to make ends meet, or living paycheck to paycheck
>>
>>29737329
I wasn't intending to say your problems are victim culture. What I meant by that is that victim culture is the origin of what is now a very widespread mentality in the West, even held by most people who imagine themselves opposed to victim culture: that pain is a badge of honor that earns you the right to complain and make excuses, and that consequently, those who are not "misfortune enough" should just shut up and endure it. This is the mindset I am suggesting you try to distance yourself from, related to:
>And then I feel like shit for comparing my shitty problems to someone with real world problems that actually has issues.
Essentially, telling yourself you don't have the right to feel the way you do.
>>
>>29737329
Not that guy, but that's still a real problem, just of a different nature. Like your brain is wired to feel crippling embarrassment. It seems silly because your rational mind knows that it doesn't make sense, but that doesn't mean you have control of it, and it does interfere with your life. There are treatments and strategies to help but you're unlikely to will it away yourself.
>>
>>29736960
What makes you a cyborg?

I'd probably be considered one since I have friends and a job. But I'm still a 22 yo kv whos ugly as fuck and unironiucally has a waifu.
>>
>>29737559
I think it's more mentality than anything. You can fit in with "normal" people, but it's an almost superhuman effort to keep it up at times. Having the self-awareness to not loathe everyone who doesn't have the same problems you do might be the one unifying factor for "cyborgs" as opposed to "robots", regardless of their life circumstances.
>>
>>29737491
Yeah, I get what you're saying now. Like said, I don't know why I do it. The rational part of my brain says "hey you fuckwad your life is pretty good and you're doing good, so good job" but the irrational (autistic) part of it says "you have crippling social anxiety and will never move out of where you are in this world, oh yeah also feel bad about it all because your life is actually good, but I'm gonna make you think it's shit." I don't exactly know why this is, not bi polar or something that serious. Idk weird shit, a lot of people have something they deal with so I should just get help for controlling my irrationality and just pursue my passions and what not
>>
>>29737499
My response in >>29737636 also fits for yours to mine.
>>
>>29737677
Lmao, meant >>29737656 my bad
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 431x592) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 431x592
Shameless cyborg bump
>>
>tfw borderline extroverted
>tfw also have social anxiety and am a recluse

Does the suffering ever end?
>>
If I am an aspie who was really spergish a few years ago, but learned to behave more normal around people, does that make me a cyborg? I still get nervous talking to strangers but can usually have an okay conversation with them.
Also I'm a KV but I'm not ugly. It seems girls like me but I'm too shy to make a move on them.
>>
>>29738009
Yes, referring to the chart I posted at the OP spot, cyborgs are anyone with a "successful lifestyle" and a "robot mindset"
>>
I have no idea where I fit on the cyborg spectrum, or if I even qualify. I've got friends, am generally an optimistic and friendly person, and been reasonably successful in life so far going to university on a full ride scholarship in a month, but I'm a virgin and never had a girlfriend. Never even been kissed.

Do I fit in here? How do I get a girlfriend? How long can I wait before the window of opportunity is closed forever?

>>29738001
>extroverted
>social anxiety
Explain further.
>>
>>29738319
I'm like on the precipice of introversion/extroversion.

I'm an actual recluse, but I still like commanding people. I am leaderly in groups, even when I don't want to be. When I'm out in public, I can interact with people fine, but I get terrible anxiety, and I become hyper aware about how I am holding myself, and I am also hyper-analytical of the people I talk to.

It's absolute hell, anon.
>>
File: 1451890000242.jpg (19 KB, 410x432) Image search: [Google]
1451890000242.jpg
19 KB, 410x432
>>29738447
Ouch. That does sound bad.

I'm rooting for you though, anon. Keep fighting the good fight.
>>
>>29738830
You too, anon.

underneath hilarious oxymoron clause
>>
>>29738447
I'm similar to you. I won't actively organise to go out with friends, but if I do, I'm generally ok, even funny, with close friends.

If I'm talking to just one person or people I don't know I just freeze up, worry about where my hands and what exactly to say and end up saying nothing.
>>
>>29736960
>tfw failed normalfag according to picture

Is this the worst hell?
>>
File: 1467182548887.jpg (50 KB, 670x503) Image search: [Google]
1467182548887.jpg
50 KB, 670x503
>>29738001
I know those feels, I hope it ends for you and I both, anon.
>>
>>29737559
If you are above average looking or better looking than normalfags with a robot mindset then you are a cyborg.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.