[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you guys think we're here? I don't mean in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 650x654) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 650x654
Why do you guys think we're here? I don't mean in the religious sense that God put us here or shit like that. I mean that, for most of us. We have to find our own meaning in life. I think most people think that being happy is the purpose of life and so they get married, have kids, etc. but for robots that isn't possible and happiness is often difficult to achieve. Have you guys found a purpose? Do you just want to be happy or do you think you're life is meant for something else?
>>
File: 108650-full.jpg (150 KB, 633x523) Image search: [Google]
108650-full.jpg
150 KB, 633x523
Your purpose is to align your Zones. Unleash all the Poems trapped in your brain.

But seriously, I know my purpose, it is to overcome my fears and stop being a bitch at everything.
>>
File: y.png (1 MB, 1127x599) Image search: [Google]
y.png
1 MB, 1127x599
>You ever wonder why we're here?
>>
File: paranorman.gif (930 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
paranorman.gif
930 KB, 500x281
I don't want to be happy anymore, I've accepted my life for what it is and am ready for the end.
>>
>>29736409

Exactly what I was thinking. Haven't seen red vs blue in forever that was my favorite in highschool. But in all seriousness does the claim that you are not a robot on the reCAPTCHA ever make you think you don't belong on r9k, or more that no actual robots are on r9k? That maybe we are all Normie's?
>>
I don't really have an answer but I was watching a documentary on Miyazaki recently and he talked about it for a few seconds. He was really opposed to the idea that the meaning of life is to be happy, I don't think he clearly stated what he thought his purpose was but I think he was hinting at making others feel better. I kind of feel similarly, although I think everyone deserves happiness I sometimes think it's sefish to dedicate your entire life to yourself instead of giving back to the world. Either through being a doctor or making cool art that helps people emotionally. But it's hard to think about improving other people's lives when my own life is in shambles.
>>
>>29736579
Oh I'm definitely a normie. There's no debating that.
>>
>>29736209
I am a naturally religious person. Unfortunately I'm also quite rational.

In the end, I can feel the religious conviction that the only worthwhile activity is to serve an Ultimate Power. Everyone and everything around me is not ultimately meaningful.

So I live my life under the assumption that the intuitions I get after meditating, are God's desires for me.
>>
I think I am here to figure out what makes a meme
No luck so far
>>
I'm probably going to try to amass political influence and connections so that I can eventually get myself elected to public office until I can usurp the government in a coup. Once I'm dictator, I will kill all nigger and muslims.
>>
>>29737132
>tfw it's reasonable that the upcoming American Hitler probably IS on /r9k/ right now
Can I get your autograph?
>>
something has to observe the universe or it wouldn't exist. our task is to create the beings that are at the end of the time so they can look back billions of light years to witness and thereby create the universe
>>
>>29737190
So you mean procreation? That's probably humanities goal as a species but dont you have any other beliefs for what you want to achieve as an individual?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.