[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SolG/ Solipsism General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: e20.png (75 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
e20.png
75 KB, 600x600
What is your opinion on solipsism? Is it just a meme or is there some potential validity to it?

I think that the scientific principle of Occam's razor gives Solipsism some credibility.

[Spoiler]congrats on imagining such a great post, by the way[/spoiler]
>>
>>29734307
seems extremely unlikely due to the fact that you have no control over your immediate surroundings beyond the inherent physical limitations of your body, which really shouldn't be a limiting factor in a solipsistic interpretation of reality
>>
>>29734307
Solipsism is interesting and often misunderstood. Most people take to it to mean that no one else exists but you. However, what it really means is that you can't prove the existence of others. In fact, according to the axioms of solipsism, it is just as impossible to prove the nonexistence of others as it is to prove the existence thereof.

So if you avoid the silly conclusions most people force onto the belief, you can arrive at some pretty valid ideas, such as egoism or moral relativism.
>>
>>29734344
>what is the subconscious
>>
Solipsism drove me to religion. If I have no grounds for belief, all beliefs are equally valid: therefore, I should believe those things that appeal to me the most. Since the structured moral teachings of Christianity appeal to me (because of autism I guess), I now wholeheartedly believe Christian teachings.
>>
>>29734307
Nah determinism is the only meme with which you should concern yourselves

free will is a myth, religion is a joke, we're all controlled by fucking memes.
>>
>>29734307
They say that everyone in your dreams is actually a representation of you.
That's how I like to view solipsism, anyway
I'm not sure of my beliefs but I've considered it

>>29734344
Unless you/me, in our omnipotence, decided to limit or forget how to use our own power

or we are in our infancy and we are only beginning to learn how to control our reality
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.