[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Pill Me On Sam Harris
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: sam-harris.jpg (547 KB, 400x499) Image search: [Google]
sam-harris.jpg
547 KB, 400x499
should he be considered an actual scientist, or is he Neil Degrasse Tyson/Bill Nye-tier?
>>
he is a huge fag
>>
he's redpilled on the islamic menace
>>
>>29734233
He's even worse than those other two. Complete sophist
>>
>>29734233
Sam Harris, Neil Degrasse Tyson and Bill Nye all have doctorates and have contributed to academic scientific research. You don't stop being a scientist or having a PhD because you decide to become a popularizer
>>
He's a charlatan.
>>
>>29734233
He's a libcuck to the core.

He understands that Islam is cancer, and yet he's STILL voting for Hillary.
>>
i mean unlike all the redd.it scientists he actually got the degree.

in terms of what he has contributed to the field, there's really nothing that stands out about him at all. he just made a name criticizing religion, and then uses a portion of his platform to talk about neuroscience.

He's not unqualified to speak about it, but if there was a perfect correlation between merit and fame you probably wouldn't know who he is.
>>
Sam Harris is the real deal - as legit as you can get. Neil DT and Bill Nye are touching the same lofty heights of intellectual capacity, they just don't have the same charisma.

RIP Christopher Hitchens, your commentary on the world of today would not have gone by the wayside.
>>
>>29735200
Tyson may technically be a scientist but he's a pretty insignificant one. he's just propped up because of his skin color and his ability to pander to angsts.

Nye isn't even qualified to speak on any of the subjects that he speaks about. he isn't really a scientist, he just played one on tv. but that is alarmingly good enough for most people.
>>
Compare one sentence that sam harris has ever said/written about islam, political correctness, morality, spirituality, and compare that to every NDT and bill nye quote you could ever find and tell me hes on the same level.
>>
>>29734620
>bill nye
>doctorate
>>
He's more a philosopher than a scientist.

But he's legit, and he's smart. You don't have to agree with everything he says, but his opinions are worth hearing.

>>29734735
If Trump actually instates any of the policies he's discussing, he'd make Islam a greater threat than it is now.

What, do you think Hillary is buddy-buddy with Muslims or something? I don't think she'd be a good president at all, but she's definitely not going to be "soft" on terrorists or ISIS. In fact, out of all Democrats past and present, she'll probably go hardest on them.
>>
Excellent Sam Harris video. Much harder on Islam than they would ever be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLN9ZHNA_3c
>>
>>29734233
He's a librul who's redpilled on mudslimes and SJW.

That's about it.
>>
Carl Sagan would probably be a lot like Sam Harris if he was still alive today, redpilling us on Islam and leftist loonacy, and his words of wisdom would carry a greater deal more weight and influence a lot more people.
>>
>>29736333
yes, but he's (as far as I'm aware) completely bluepilled regarding feminism (other than criticizing their lack of criticism of islam in regards to treatment of women) and will point out that criticism of islam doesn't constitute racism, but doesn't seem to comment further about "liberals" race-baiting and being openly racist against whites whether the race-baiters are black, white, brown, yellow, red, green, blue or whatever the fuck

he's either bluepilled on the other topics or simply wastes enough time as it is trying to clear his reputation from malicious idiots' deliberate misrepresentations of his views

he is a neuroscientist after all, and even said he wishes he didn't feel compelled to speak out about any of the regressive idiologies and could just focus on his field, neuroscience

he probably figures it's not worth it to make any more controversial comments on other things and possibly stir up more shitstorms for himself than he already has

Chink Oohgrr is one of the most pathetic people I've ever had the displeasure of hearing speak, goddamn that insufferable fat fuck, typical pseudo-atheistic muslim apologist
>>
> actual scientist, or
Does it matter? The field of his work is not strictly scientific. If you are an expert in the field of immunology, nuclear physics or supramolecular chemistry, this says nothing about your competence in the field of ethics and morality.
>>
>>29736753

He's just a progressive who has the full courage of his convictions and doesn't think progressive/liberal values need to apologize for themselves. He's not going to pander to your right-wing victim complex because your right-wing victim complex about "reverse racism" and feminism is retarded.
>>
>>29734588
literally this

complete trash
>>
>>29734233
literal normie trys to base his arguments on science when it doesn't make any sense will go with the best possible opinion to get more people to follow him cuck and probably blacked
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.