[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am a genius
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 9
File: iq.jpg (13 KB, 450x355) Image search: [Google]
iq.jpg
13 KB, 450x355
>normies around me are all absolute retards who put no thought into anything in their lives
>even the mere whisper of "intellectual" subjects like simple politics or philosophy makes them avoid conversation like a plague
>the only people who even think about those subjects are my robot friends
>all my robot friends are absolute retards (I think legit sub-100 IQ) who I can dance circles around in conversations
>conclude that I am a damn genius and everyone around me is a fool

Help me, /r9k/. I tried to be humble. I tried assessing everything fairly. But no matter how I look at it, I still think I am better than everyone around me. I haven't met a single person among my peers who i considered smarter than me, in my whole life. I am now gaining a huge ego even though I tried purposely avoiding it. What do?
>>
>>29734127
Quit being edgy and calling yourself a genius.

It's scientifically proven geniuses are humble and actually underestimate themselves, faggot.

You're probably 125 max
>>
>>29734164
But anon, I tried to be humble. I tried very hard. But I empirically analyze everything I come across, including my own behavior in comparison to everyone else. And after comparison I can't help but conclude I'm better than other people.
>>
>>29734127
if you didn't figure out by 14-16 that you're smarter than 99% of the people you meet then i'm afraid it's too late
>>
>>29734127
Don't worry, when you stumble out of highschool and into the real world, you'll humble up real fucking quick.
>>
>>29734127
You sound edgy and stupid
>>
File: 1439385552105.jpg (21 KB, 321x339) Image search: [Google]
1439385552105.jpg
21 KB, 321x339
>>29734164
125 IQ here. pls no bully.
>>
even if you are a genius, it doesn't fucking matter unless you do something with it
if all you do with it is develop an over-inflated sense of importance while being effectively impotent in everything else in your life, you're just another cunty fuck like the rest of us "underachievers" that thought we were better than everyone else for some reason
>>
>>29734127
I am a fellow genius
>started college at 13
>got bachelors and masters at 19
>long time friend gets girlfriend
>she's a super basic bitch/stacey/normalfag
>probably average intelligence but talking to her feels like talking to a retard
>she thinks "pretentious" is a big word
>realize "c" is the "average" grade
>>
>>29734543
I have a STEM degree and a job. Pretty sure I know how the real world works, anon.
>>
File: 1414218666372.png (496 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1414218666372.png
496 KB, 633x758
>>29734575
>tfw

>Too smart to relate to normies
>too dumb to relate to relate to really smart people
>just the right about intelligence to have existential depression and social anxiety
>>
>>29734639
and I make six figures and have a super model girlfriend.
>>
>>29734127
If you're the smartest person in the room you need to find a bigger room.

>>29734164
>It's scientifically proven geniuses are humble and actually underestimate themselves, faggot.
You're retarded. Geniuses have a negative view of their intelligence because they tend to do things where they're surrounded by other even more intelligent people and compare themselves to those.

Anyone with remotely 'genius' intelligence can tell really easily they're different from the average. They just don't gain satisfaction from that.
>>
>>29734127
People don't walk to pretentious fedoras.
My sister had a orbiter that spoke just like you, sending emails to his work colleagues about how lonely he is and citing some philosophers.
I just laughed at my sister for attracting such a psycho (he even wears trenchcoats occasionally), but I also felt pity for.

Pls anon, for the sake of your own mental health, accept that you aren't the punnacle of mankind.
After all, how can anyone consider you a genius when you lack any kind of social competence? Don't treat this as an insult, but a rather a push in the right direction.

Take care anon, and never stop improving yourself
>>
>>29734650
Sounds like you're just another normie and blame all your problems on "I guess I'm just 2 smart lol"
>>
>>29734127
Show me some of your intellectual achievements and I'll give you some honest advice if you're not just being a massive faggot. I don't really care how smart you think you are, or how big your ego is. Show me that you've done something significant that required connecting the dots and I'll give you some honest advice.
>>
>>29734819
>After all, how can anyone consider you a genius when you lack any kind of social competence?
You're not going to convince him he's less intelligent by tarding out and showing you're a dumb normie.
>>
On second thought, this is an obvious bait thread.
>>
>>29734832
That's exactly what I am not doing
>>
>>29734127
Narcissist =/= Genius
>>
>>29734900
>The reason I have no social skills is because I'm too smart
If you really think this, you are not smart.
>>
i don't know dude. if you were that smart you would have gone to college, met some professors who appreciated how smart you are, been assigned some important problems, solved them, became an academic yourself and became friends with academics who are as smart as you. but you're whining in some board filled with retards. what gives
>>
>>29734127
> intellectual subjects
> politics
Kill yourself retard
>>
>>29734210
you don't know what empirical means so I guess that shows you're not as smart as you think you are
>>
I wonder if it'd be possible to have a legitimate non-meme discussion about intelligence here now that 99% of the users are normies.
>>
>>29734942
Pushing 160 IQ here. It means absolutely nothing, not having a discussion at all is better.
>>
File: 1422570549818.jpg (69 KB, 340x372) Image search: [Google]
1422570549818.jpg
69 KB, 340x372
>tfw stupid but occasionally sound smart because I read a lot because no life
>tfw this leads people to have high expectations of me
>tfw I have to adjust vocabulary to actual intelligence to avoid this
>>
>>29734928
No. I mean my personality coupled with my just above average IQ is a hotbed for failure
>>
>>29734210
Uhhuh.

Then become a millionare.

I mean, people have tons of money, if you're so much smarter, figure out how to get rich off of it.

Interesting how this simple "puzzle" proves itself impossible for so called "smart" people. Yeah because its a puzzle with ACTUAL returns.
>>
>>29734127
The reason people avoid subjects like politics and philosophy around you is because they know if they disagree with you you're going to sperg out.
>>
You're just a big fish in a small pond. Go to the ocean and you'll find there are many fish much larger than yourself. Just because your social sphere has a bunch of small minded people does not mean you are a fucking genius.
>tfw 130+ IQ working in the oilfield
>all coworkers are simpletons
>boss goes a literal year without integrating his phone email with the exchange server
>nobody to have intellectual discussions with
I might be smarter than most of my peers but
>two years ago
>live in Boston, go hang out at MIT
>People I can barely keep up with
>learn as much as I can
>I speak two languages, other guy speaks 4.
>I code this thing, other guy makes a project that blows mine away.
You're not as smart as you think you are until you've been around elite colleges. That moment when you know exactly how smart you are comes along pretty quickly.
>>
>>29734874
I will never be a normie. As long as you don't have a disability, you are more of a normie than I can ever hope to be
>>
>>29734933
Political structure and power can be intellectual. The word is just mostly used by retards who want to talk about their feelings and lack the self awareness to realize they're not logically derived.
>>
>>29734127
Spending four minutes in any humanities classroom will humble you right the fuck back up in a hurry.
>>
File: 1436739121643.jpg (14 KB, 198x232) Image search: [Google]
1436739121643.jpg
14 KB, 198x232
Level 2 super genius here.
I know exactly how you feel OP.
>>
>>29734952
>It means absolutely nothing
I disagree with you but I do understand that there's limited possible discussion on this topic.
>>
Intelligence is overrated trash that has virtually zero value whatsoever.

Perseverance is 100x more powerful of a trait than intelligence is.

Now perseverance with intelligence... that is a deadly combo. But intelligence is worth absolutely nothing without the will to push it.
>>
>>29735021

>humanities
>implying humanities majors don't cry at the sight of single variable calc
>>
>>29734127
>I am better than everyone around me. I haven't met a single person among my peers who i considered smarter than me, in my whole life. I am now gaining a huge ego even though I tried purposely avoiding it.

You're 15-17 years old and you are probably left out of social activities by your peers. That is why you're seeking attention here.

You are inflating your ego as a defense mechanism so you don't fall prey to "bad thoughts"/depression and the such.

>What do?
Either grow up or be an hero.
>>
>>29734998
You're stupid and push a collectivist, status based view of value then try to conflate all virtue with it. Sound normie to me.
>>
>>29734987
In my experience normies sperg out just as much as autists.
>>
>>29735048
Math is a humanities subject, retard.
>>
>>29735027
Yeah, you're right. It means something, but I get really annoyed by people bragging about their IQ. Can't help but think, "Then accomplish something, jackass."
>>
>>29734127
All robots are below average iq if they are such failures. Sorry op
>>
97 IQ detected.
You're not smart, just an elitist.
>>
>>29735082

lmao okay w/e u say smart guy ;)
>>
>>29735101
Bragging about IQ is like bragging about height or nationality, it's pointless because you were handed it at birth.
>>
>>29735101
Suddenly they're all the "lazy genius ".
>>
>>29735066
But they sperge in a way normies are accepting of. If you lived in a country of autists then normies would be treated the way they treat you because they can't function in the way that is natural to you.
>>
If you are so smart smart guy what do you think the most efficient way to get cocaine across the US border would be?
>>
>>29735129
You can still brag
>>
>>29735151
even mexicans can solve this problem. why are you asking?
>>
>>29734164
>geniuses are beta
>>
>>29735062
>push a collectivist, status based view
Alright anon
>>
So OP, I'm guessing you won't take me up on my offer to show us some of your intellectual discoveries? Maybe I'll make this easier on you on the off-chance you don't want people trying to shit on your existing work. So I'll do you one better.

Post at least one thing in this thread that you've managed to put together about some aspect of the world that no one else has. In any field, any fucking science at all (except social sciences, religion, and politics.) Could be in economics, math, biology, artificial intelligence, computer science, etc -- I really don't care. Give me one fucking thing faggot, one original thought AT ALL and I'll entertain your delusions.

Please note that if you can't even do this one basic thing it shows that you're completely full of shit since at that point you would be too retarded to put it together that your bait failed :^)
>>
...Everyone here is a genius but has anyone here actually been to college?

>>29734989
This is probably the most accurate post.
>>
>>29735176
Now nigger, you need to figure out the most efficient method for doing it. Just because spics do it doesn't mean they are doing it the best way. Define a criteria for transporting the most cocaine, building a distribution network, and getting it to the end user with very little risk to yourself.
>>
>>29735222
>guys individual virtues are meaningless unless they're attached to social ability
>i'm not pushing a collectivist view of value btw
ok dummy.
>>
>>29734127
OP, post your response to >>29735255.

We're waiting for your inspiring insights.

Note that I don't care how profound your conclusions are and won't criticize you too much if your observations are only basic. But if you can't at least come up with any new observations about the world at all then it shows that you have the IQ of a sea cucumber and have no business condescending other people.
>>
>>29735260
MIT guy here
>didn't attend, just ghosted into courses I could drop in on after work
>learned a lot, really laid the foundations for a lot of the projects I'm working on today.
>>
>>29735335
I heard that people in MIT just use a lot more words without saying anything new. I think the term is "verbiage", or are people there legitimately smart?
>>
>>29735310
You have no idea what social competence even means. I understand where you come from though. You're a shut in who curses the world outside for not accepting him, right?
>>
Looks like OP has never had an original thought about the world before :^)

Who would have guessed.
>>
>>29735384
There is a lot of jargon to get lost in in any specific field when you sufficiently advance, but they are often superfluous. People are legitimately smart there, but they are also pretty fucking stupid. They could never break down ideas to an appreciable level of simplicity, and tend to make things far more complex than they need to be. There is a problem with efficiency of communication that they definitely need to fix.
>>
>>29735405
I'm a guy who keeps seeing retards try to invalidate the idea of intelligence by playing linguistic games instead of just coherently presenting real thoughts using commonly accepted definitions. And i'm annoyed by it because it often sidetracks conversations about intelligence when idiots come along and start talking about how intelligence should be redefined to "ability to make money" or whatever because that's what they care about.
>>
>>29735427
This thought process always bugs me. Even though OP is probably shitposting it's entirely possible to be intelligent without using it.
>>
>>29735384
>are people [at MIT] legitimately smart?
lol.

They're also legitimately full of themselves. Like, more so than other elite institutions, which is saying something.
>>
>>29735488
What is wrong with the criteria of intellect being defined by measurable success or even displaying some essence of original thought?
>>
>>29735469
I hate people who pretend to be smart and type like you do. You aren't fooling anyone
>>
>>29735488
Normies get triggered as fuck if they think someone they view as inferior feels superior to them so they start attacking any metric that would reverse positions.
>>
>>29735530
He would probably have fit right into MIT if he was smarter!!!
>>
>>29735526
Because you can be intelligent without showing it. Asking for proof is reasonable but outright not accepting the intelligence of someone because they haven't done anything with it doesn't make sense.
>>
>>29735488
This is true, but the point is: the easiest way to prove that you have a brain and know how to use it is to post some thoughts that you've come up with through using it.

A smart person who doesn't think is kind of like a slut that doesn't fuck. It just doesn't make sense.

So I would expect someone who was smart to have a whole list of new things they've come up with and with the effort that OP has put into shit posting, surely he can take the time to tell us at least one of those things :^)

I personally have a whole list of things I could post but I'm not the one on trial here for being a massive faggot who thinks he's better than everyone else.

Nice try though OP :^) But I still expect a reply. If you could post at least one thing I hope you enjoy your future career at McDonalds :^) Le happy memay.png/
>>
>>29735530
Nigger, I was just born this way, don't hate me for the way I type on a suicidal autist communication platform.
>>
I was wondering about this, is IQ something that is 100% decided at birth? Or are there ways to increase it? And I don't mean being educated on a particular subject
>>
>>29735623
IQ is mostly heritable, impacted heavily by diet along with a measure of upbringing.
>>
>>29735643
Diet? How? That seems kinda ridiculous
>>
>>29735530
Can you please explain what about it frustrates you?
>>
>>29735709
>be malnourished
>grow up retarded
>>
>>29735623
The brain is plastic and people can learn to do better at math, music, as well as be more creative. There are also measures like working memory that can be improved by practice which correlate better to academic success (in some cases) than IQ does. So I think its possible but the answer is more complicated. Also consider that a lot of IQ tests measure multiple aspects to come up with a composite score and improving all those aspects individually (like linguistic skills and numerical reasoning) could boost your score on the tests by a whole standard deviation.

I don't know if these things will really make you smarter though but your abilities will definitely be improved and you'll have new tools to understand the world that you live in. So even if these things don't actually make you smarter its still worthwhile learning things like math and forcing yourself to think.
>>
>>29735718
Oh, that's not what I had in mind. All right, makes sense.
>>
>>29735589
I independently came up with l'hospitals rule when I was in precalc and predicted the trends in bonding properties of different atoms based on position in the periodic table by thinking of spatial relationships.

I took graduate math courses as a freshman and in grad classes I've taken more recently often anticipate upcoming theorems before classmates because I model things more spatially than they do.
>>
>>29735709
It's really too much for me to type at this hour, but you're not going to see very many geniuses from Africa or India for this reason, amongst others. Diet and genetics are probably 70% of what provides someone with the CAPACITY, but the last 30% provides the CAPABILITY. If I recall IQ means to measure the capacity for knowledge, not the capability to produce.
>>
>>29735787
You haven't understood anything I posted and managed to prove nothing. You claim that you independently came up with these ideas that ALREADY exist ... how convenient that we can't test that :^) Do you see now why I asked for you to post NEW, ORIGINAL, thoughts that you've had, you fucking retard.

Do you have a single original thought about anything? I am honestly throwing you a huge bone here. I already reduced my requirements for proof from some kind of substantial body of work to a single fucking thought and you haven't even managed to do that.

This is your last chance to join my world renowned autism club right here on /r9k/. Failing this test, you will have no choice but to leave Aspergia and go back to Facebook. The ball is in your court now faggot.
>>
>>29734127
>politics or philosophy

Rabbit hole topics with no ends. Totally pointless time waster.
>>
>>29734164
Unless they are autistic, which is very likely in OP's case.
>>
>>29734127
Mhmm I remember when I had that phase. Now you'll either get your shit together eventually or you won't.

>>29734164
>It's scientifically proven geniuses are humble and actually underestimate themselves
:D

>>29734984
>Then become a millionare.
>Interesting how this simple "puzzle" proves itself impossible for so called "smart" people
There's nothing hard about figuring out how to get rich. The hard part is actually being driven by this goal enough to pursue it and have the means necessary to succeed.
>>
>>29735910
C-can I be in the autism club anon?
>>
>>29735910
Not the same guy, but is that really a fair way to determine a genius? There's billions of people alive and there's a ton of people who have lived in the past, pretty much everything you can think about someone else has thought it before you. What original thought have you had, legitimately curious.
>>
>I am great
>eight thousand posts about how you're not actually so great

why is it that the only rituals we have left are shitty ones
>>
>>29735910
It usually takes even intelligent people years during a graduate degree to learn what is known and come up with original ideas. That doesn't seem like a very reasonable criteria for verifying the intelligence of someone before that point. Arriving at things independently does but you're not trying to be reasonable, you're trying to win an internet dick measuring contest.

I've had some thoughts about locality in first order logic, computation as geometric tessellation of shapes, and proof as traversal of a 'structure graph' with adjacency defined by simple manipulation in structures. I don't know whether they're original though and a math professor advised me that I might find something similar by looking into topos theory.

But it doesn't really matter since you probably wouldn't understand them anyway :^)
>>
seriously, let's make a deal
OP/whoever else isn't that smart, but they're also smarter than people on forums you pay to join
>>
>>29736093
what do you think of that weird many-sided space-filler solid that looks like the flat rock that falls on Wile E. Coyote
>>
>>29734575
Holy crap, i made that and same

>>29734650
join the club, brother.
>>
>>29736053
We actually have more original ideas in this decade than we ever have, from transporting and distributing cocaine, to cell phones and computer science, marketing, deriving and manipulating baser psychological desires via food composition, advertising, and media. Physics equations that can be effectively modelled from your computer, materials science, groundbreaking genetics research that effects the weed you smoke and the food you eat. Quantum computing.
So much in such a short amount of time.
>>
>>29734127

Hey, I am also a genius. Did you take your IQ test at myiqtested.com too? I tested and received a score of 148.

Maybe sometime we can skype and talk about how we live our lives among apes. I wish you well, fellow genius. I hope you go on to do great things!
>>
>>29736142
I don't like geometry in the traditional sense or know what you're talking about desu.
>>
>>29736177
I almost didn't realize this is sarcasm
>>
also first person to mention the "dunning kreuger effect" gets to experience the "freddy kreuger effect" which is where i go into their dreams and punch them with a knife glove
>>
>>29734127
>daily reminder that 140 is genius iq and no you're not even close
>>
Being smart =/= being better.
They may not be as smart as you, but at least they'll actually enjoy their lives.
>>
>>29736337
Sorry I made you type this out. I have no idea what Ethereum is,
>>
>>29736093
This isn't true. Information is ubiquitous and you don't need a license to think about it.
>>
>>29734127
i had enough iq to get into a school program
there was about 4-6 of us in there out of a school of at least 600 total.

i feel like my iq has dropped since then, though. it was probably wrongly evaluated to begin with.
>>
>>29736337
>What's interesting about this idea is it also seems to hides what exact kind of porn you like because it may be hard to reverse engineer the AI
no it wouldn't you retard. you just catalog the different types of porn using deep learning which you apparently think is now universally applicable magic since it can be used to identify when a picture contains a car and win at board games when used with giant supercomputers. then you feed all the porn into your copy of the guy's AI and notice it keeps thumbs upping the porn with traps in it.
>>
>>29736405
you do need a lot of time and guidance to know what has been done before you. otherwise you might recreate something done before and as we all know that isn't real creative thought :^)
>>
>>29734127
You are actually not that smart baka.
>>
>>29736411
That isn't what I meant. I meant that it would be hard to tell what was in the box without doing what you suggested. So if you were embarrassed about liking trap porn you wouldn't have to post: "lol, I like traps plz post some". You could distribute the agent and the box would be unopened until someone found a perfect match.
>>
>>29736337
>Here's an idea that I had recently that might be right up 4chan's alley: consider creating an AI that recognizes patterns in the porn that you like (this is currently possible using deep learning) and then
banning it.

the only possible actual irl next term in this is "banning it"

AI has only two serious uses: cops and fakeposting

enjoy your omnipresent godlike intelligences forcing you to live your life according to the dictates of dead people who are so unlike you that they may as well be a different race

enjoy your fake roboshills jumping on any thread that complains about that and faking up a nice consensus just for you

i have been to the future and there is nothing there
>>
>>29735129
Everything is handed to you at birth, retard.
>>
>>29734210
You are not using empirical correctly, therefore you are actually fucking stupid, you retarded cuck.
>>
>>29736472
The AI could run on any node that downloaded the agent and a decentralized network would be hard to censor. If it was incentivized by rewards in the same way as Bitcoin people would be paid to run the agent and feed it data that matches.
>>
>>29735427
Implying creativity and intelligence are the same thing.
>>
>>29736500
the gummint can censor anything, because they are allowed to kill people

kaczynski was fucking right
>>
>>29734127
I understand how you feel and I think that getting a huge ego is just a result of frustration. I've been there. Most of my friends are functionally retarded in comparison and it can be a horrible experience to try to talk about something and have the other person just not get it.

I think all you can do is try to expose yourself to more people and eventually you'll find someone who won't give you a blank stare when you try to discuss the nature of the universe or whatever. If you never meet someone who can challenge you of course you're going to develop an ego problem.

Just try to keep in mind that there are different kinds of intelligence and skill that go beyond IQ. Even if you may be more intelligent in general I'm sure there are things you're incapable of that your normie friends surpass you at. I may be really fucking smart, but holy Jesus I always turn to someone else when simple mental math comes up because I know they'll work through the problem faster than I can.
>>
>>29734989
I agree anon
>live in silicon valley
>smarter than everyone growing up
>move to central valley (redneck CA)
>even smarter than everyone else
>move back to silicon valley, still smarter than everyone
>start working at high tech company
>every engineer is smarter than me
>I have IQ of 134
>my lawyer friend constantly btfo me in debates
>>
>>29736529
O-Ok, sorry. I-I won't post any more blockchain stuff.
>>
>>29735530
Not everyone was raised in the middle of the woods like an inbred hill-billy you retard.
>>
You faggots all realize that some of the most genius and high IQ people in history were complete failures at life, right? There's the one who decided his passion lay in English and poetry, who then proceeded to fade into obscurity.

Intelligence =/= success. Measuring your intelligence by your ability to make money or make advance in physics is a bunch of arbitrary retarded bullshit.
>>
>>29736337
Tldr;stfu jewkin
>>
>>29736469
Then why were you talking about it being hard to reverse engineer your ai? You were acting like the porn preference was hidden in some kind of cryptological sense when it isn't.
>>
>>29736529
The government can't kill freeware once it's on the internet. Once something is uploaded it is nigh immortal isn't it?
>make software
>become immortal by proxy.
>>
>>29736560
please figure out how to make an FBI AI kill itself if you can
>>
>>29736535
So I've got a question for you anon. Do you prefer the pond or the ocean?
>>
>>29736636
freedom.exe is now a special kind of content to which the first amendment doesn't apply because reasons. you're just a buttmad terrorpedodegenerate who wants to sell babies to ISIS. anyone caught with freedom.exe will be banned from using a computer for life, also we need the power to do that now, tia
>>
>>29736628
The AI would be an abstract description of the kinds of porn you like. It wouldn't in itself be a picture of a delicious trap or your wifu taking a dump so it would be very hard to make sense out of it (as a human) without already having access to that kind of porn. It's obviously still trivial to reconstruct if you pass millions of images to it and then record the results but I just thought it was an interesting property for social reasons, desu.
>>
>>29734650
>tfw you are also 125
>tfw you are also too tall to be manlet and too short to be considered actually tall
>tfw dick isn't small or massive just average
>face/body isn't great or terrible just in between

why did this happen to me?
>>
>>29736736
Then you wouldn't have been talking about reverse engineering your ai. A reverse engineer-able ai still is not a plaintext version of your porn preferences when you post it to your facebook.

Looks like you're losing a dick measuring contest of your own design :^O
>>
>tfw I have absolutely no idea what my IQ is but I also don't really give a shit

Like my dick, I don't actually know how my IQ compares, but it certainly gets the job done.
>>
>>29736736
Why the fuck wouldn't you just store bits of the block chain distributed amongst millions of users with only one auth key that can construct the bytes
>millions run opisafag.jar
>each byte is distributed across the network for a each individual block chain
>only user with auth key can access full block chain uploaded by simultaneous users.
>>
>>29736690
If you can't enforce a law it is meaningless. Try to enforce such a law with something popular with millions and the end result is that your country would go bankrupt trying to actually follow through with it. Imagine if we prosecuted every case of copyright infringement. The state would go bankrupt from admin costs.
>>
>>29734164
146 IQ here. All that's happened is I developed a slew of psychological disorders and social disorders/shit social skills. I flip between thinking I'm really smart, and thinking I'm absolute garbage. I'm not even that smart either, I just have a high affinity with numbers.
>>
Where did you guys go to find out your iq?
>>
>>29736939
You're absolute garbage since IQ is a meaningless metric only useful for mental masturbation.
>>
>>29736810
You realize you're arguing about semantics. I think I was pretty clear with what I meant and even noted what you said in my post (literally in the same sentence you're trying to critique now.)

\If you want to critique my idea then you first need to think about it. Here's are some possible problems:
* Porn is too unique to find any patterns in it
* A person's taste in women is too eclectic to find any patterns to it
* How do you solve the sybil problem of a claimed submission without wasting the entire processing power of the rest of the network validating a so-called "solution" -- this is a big problem
* How do you stop someone from creating a longer chain of solutions based on having access to more processing power and a larger data set -- this is an even bigger problem

I only have solutions to some of those problems but they would have been actual criticisms based on the meaning behind what I posted. Genuinely not trying to be a dick. I just hate how everyone on 4chan think they're being smart by trying to find flaws in the way you've written things rather than what you're actually trying to say. Obviously language is imprecise but at least give me some credit here.

>>29736865
This is an interesting idea but a blockchain needs to be publicly verifiable so if you hide the solutions that can't happen. You could reward people with currency based on correct solutions on another blockchain but that would rely on trust on behalf of the issuer. Still an interesting idea though.
>>
>>29737009
I did find a flaw in what you said. You said a benefit of your system is that it is resistant to being reverse engineered. However it is not resistant to being reverse engineered. This is a contradiction.

But I'm sure you deleted the original post about your idea for some other reason :^D
>>
>>29736966
IQ is probably the best general intelligence metric that we have, most of its critics are SJW types who have political reasons for wanting to "disprove" that there is a natural difference in people's intelligence.
>>
>>29735405
>>29735486
#rekted

originally
>>
>>29737067
Then I guess you read things too literally and didn't understand what I wrote.

Also, my other post just disappeared so I wonder if mods are here trolling us. :^)
>>
>>29734127
>like simple politics or philosophy makes them avoid conversation like a plague

That's because you live in a society or at least a community that over looks or doesn't go out of it's way to get retribution for you expressing an opinion that goes against the hive mind.
If you were smart you would know most people bite their tongue and just go along with the current sentiment so they don't stick out and draw unwanted intelligence.
Being outspoken you probably get the "you're so smart, anon. You can be whatever you want when you grow up" kind of reply.
Maybe you should try the grow up part already you condescending shithead.
>>
File: 1447787068970.jpg (41 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1447787068970.jpg
41 KB, 360x360
>>29734127
Look up the Dunning-Kruger effect.

This >>29734164
is true, as is shown by the Dunning-Kruger effect.

>conclude that I am a damn genius and everyone around me is a fool

Have you ever taken an actual IQ test? A real one, not an online one, one that is psychiatrist verified and all that good stuff. Because if you didn't then what we have here is not empirical, it's just an assumption. But I will not assume that you don't know your IQ, I will just wait patiently until you get back to me.

Okay, keep me posted.
>>
>>29737135
>it also seems to hides what exact kind of porn you like because it may be hard to reverse engineer the AI
seems pretty clear cut

yes it's those darn mods that are trying to make you look stupid ;^D
>>
>>29737009
Couldn't a freeware bot verify it and handle transfers as an escrow without needing a man in the middle? This is essentially how the dollar works in credit based transactions, though it it is an oversimplification.
>>
>>29737213
Nicely trawled my friend, but on the off-chance that you believe what you're saying, feel free to read to the end of that sentence you just quoted where I've already addressed what you're saying :^)

I'm leaving this thread now probably to do something equally unproductive. You just scared off a superior, magnificent euphoric gentlemen and will never get this chance again to join my autism club. Good day to you sir.
>>
>>29734575
I know that feel. I have 130 IQ (Tested by a professional). If I was smarter than this than I would be doing something worthwhile like AI research and not cognitive science.
>>
>>29737283
Reply to this or else I will assume that you are not a genius but instead simply manic
>>29737164
>>
>>29734729
Actually he is right

It's the flip side to dunning Kruger . The low performers dramatically overrated themselves while the best performers underrated themselves consistently.

The theory is currently that they see the task as easy and mistakenly assume is it equally as easy to everyone else
>>
>>29737164
Why do people always bring up the Dunning-Kruger effect in these sorts of threads? Dunning-Kruger bias =/= narcissism.

>>29734127
(You)
>>
File: youarearoachtome.jpg (4 KB, 173x180) Image search: [Google]
youarearoachtome.jpg
4 KB, 173x180
>>29737283
>What's interesting about this idea is it also seems to hides what exact kind of porn you like because it may be hard to reverse engineer the AI (until there's some "solutions",) So lets say you really like trap porn and don't want anyone else to know about it. You could distribute the AI and only people who already have trap porn would produce a favorable match and the exact qualities that the AI recognizes would be hard for a human to understand.
But you're just telling blatant lies. You thought it would be hard for people to figure out your porn preferences but it would not. All they need is to run the ai you handed them on a sampling of porn they get off some porn site. Literally the only time what you were saying makes any sense is if you were trying to get cp because they could not just legally go download some to test your ai with.

Btw I'm not op. I just wanted to see how you'd react if someone actually did come along and describe some ideas like you kept demanding.
>>
>>29734729
>they just don't gain satisfaction from that.
Why the fuck did you have to remind me that I am working in a job that doesn't challenge me with a bunch of coworkers that I can't grow from and am eternally dissatisfied due to my monetary needs at the moment?
>you just ruined my night
>>
>>29737315
I agree with him. I only posted in this thread because I thought OP was a massive faggot and didn't even have any humble intellectual achievements at all. I'm no genius myself (everyone I work with is smarter) but OP couldn't even pass the most basic tests I gave him and thus will never be allowed in my autism club.

Too bad for you OP, but I have trains to sort and dicks to suck so I'll see you another time :^)
>>
>>29737379
It is an explanation of why people who know very little think they know very much. If you have a low IQ then you would not be a good judge of your own IQ and other peoples intelligence. Now OP never told anyone his IQ, in his posts he admits that he is just assuming it based on his empirical analysis comparing him to other people. However this cannot be empirical, for it to be empirical you would have to compare your IQ to the bell curve of IQ. I'm still waiting for OP to give me his IQ but if he doesn't reply then he is just some manic guy assuming he is a genius.
>>
>tfw actual highish IQ
>tfw doesn't stop me from being an autistic fuck

hold me, lads ;_;
>>
>>29737416
No, I specifically said it would be hard to figure out porn preferences from looking at the AIs structure alone and further clarified this in multiple, multiple posts. You will never be allowed in my autism club. Get out, GET OUT GET OUT
>>
>>29737416
And that's why random strings stored across millions of users with a single auth key verified and transferred by a third party escrow bot would be way better. Do you see any problems with that idea?
>>
147 IQ here

Being a """"""""genius"""""""""" comes with its own problems.
>>
>>29737416
>All they need is to run the ai you handed them on a sampling of porn they get off some porn site. Literally the only time what you were saying makes any sense is if you were trying to get cp because they could not just legally go download some to test your ai with.

Dude, this was kind of the point. You're trying to find matches. Do I really need to keep trying to repeat myself? I mean, this is only slightly more productive than organizing trains now but not by a lot.
>>
>>29737164
look up the "i'm fucking you in the mouth" effect
>>
>>29737610
Not an argument

this is original though
>>
File: kneelroach.jpg (9 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
kneelroach.jpg
9 KB, 205x246
>>29737536
No you didn't.
>You could distribute the AI and only people who already have trap porn would produce a favorable match and the exact qualities that the AI recognizes would be hard for a human to understand.

You claimed it would be hard for someone to figure out your preferences unless they already had that type of porn. But this is wrong because they can just sample freely available porn.

You also claimed this would not help them because a human could not recognize the pattern your ai looks for (which doesn't even make sense because your ai is designed to help a human find things that match a pattern he likes) but even if this were the case another ai could still pick up on the same underlying structure of porn similarity that yours looked for.

You could have just played this off as a minor slipup if you admitted to it originally. But now by trying to emulate my immaculately perfect reasoning and prove yourself my intellectual equal you have found yourself in quite the quandary.
>>
>>29737246
Yes, but then you would have to trust that the bot wasn't lying and it would also mean running dedicated software that can easily be taken down. This may not be a flaw but a decentralized autonomous system would be unstoppable.
>>
>>29734127
You feel smart because you're surrounded by retards, as you probably live in bumfuck nowhere and hang out with stupid losers.

I'm a Neuroscience PhD student at an ivy league university; I'm probably smarter than you and yet I feel like an absolute moron most of the time, because my peer group consists of people who aren't massive imbeciles.

tl;dr, if you hung out with smarter people you'd lose your ego
>>
>>29737502
IQ has jack shit to do with the bias, though.

Do you have any knowledge about the topic at hand, anon?
>>
>>29737546
I'm not sure if I'm missing something fundamental from your idea but the bot would still have to know how to organize the distributed processing so if it was compromised someone could still figure out your porn preferences. I don't see the benefit over having a third party do all the verification in the first place.

Fundamentally for people to publicly verify that you're not cheating they need to have all the data. You just need to encrypt it in some way that they can only do a narrow set of things that you want with it.
>>
>>29737699
Dedicated software can't be taken down easily once it hits critical mass. I'm basically constructing the idea for a P2P verifiable currency system. How many versions of P2P software can you currently find? Even when Napster was taken down it was far too late to stop the tide.
>>
>>29737689
Do you realize that we actually agree.

>You claimed it would be hard for someone to figure out your preferences unless they already had that type of porn. But this is wrong because they can just sample freely available porn.

This was literally the point that I was making. They would have to download the porn to run the AI against it. The exact nature of the AI could not be deduced from the AIs code alone before it was run against at least one image that produced a match. This is an interesting property and still is.

>You also claimed this would not help them because a human could not recognize the pattern your ai looks for

That is not what I claimed at all. I was referring to the AIs code or binary distribution. It's very hard for a human to look at a fucking map of a neural network and say: "hmm, yes, I see, those connections are clearly looking for trap dicks." It's too complicated for a human to do that. Do you see what I'm saying?

Sorry anon, but I'm not playing anything off. All of what I originally said still stands. But you know, in the time it took you to try troll me, I have already thought of two more flaws with my idea. See if you can come up with them and you'll be able to use that smug face for real this time.
>>
>>29737799
Ah, I think I see what you mean. Are you talking about a reputation system, where there's multiple bots verifying things? This might work, desu.
>>
>>29737723
People with higher IQ's tend to learn more and know more than people with lower IQ's. The bias comes from people who know so little about a subject that they assume that they actually know a lot about the subject. Therefore I think that people with lower IQ's are more likely to experience such an effect. Furthermore I think that this effect can be applied in discussions about IQ itself. So when you ask a low IQ person what they think their IQ is they are more likely to overestimate, while above average people are usually pretty close to correct, this is an observable and tested fact. If you are talking about IQ then the lower IQ people are more confident and think their IQ is higher, they can only think such a thing if they don't know a lot about IQ tests. That is why I consider it to be a bias from the Dunning-Kruger effect. Whereas people with higher IQ's will likely have more knowledge on IQ itself that can be used to make an accurate prediction of what their IQ actually is.
>>
>>29737784
Well, if you mean a public hosted 3rd party, someone could seize their equipment and throw them in jail, causing a shock in the currency market that would be very difficult to recover from. You need a way to decentralize everything and insulate it from legal and malicious interference from government and hackers alike so people can trust that they will always have a way to transfer and keep the value they create in a currency.
>>
>>29737849
You're sounding a little presumptuous, anon. Have you ever at all studied cognitive science?
>>
>>29737815
Exactly that. It's really hard for me to explain since I'm sleeping in my car in a truck stop parking lot and haven't slept in days due to an amphetamine and weed binge, but I'm actually going to try and lay the foundations for it while I'm still high.
>>
>>29737948
Make sure to write it down ;)
>>
File: trembleroaches.jpg (12 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
trembleroaches.jpg
12 KB, 205x246
>>29737806
>The exact nature of the AI could not be deduced from the AIs code alone before it was run against at least one image that produced a match.
a) how is that a remotely useful property
b) this is true of any sufficiently complicated program turned into binary and manipulated around until you can't reverse the process. it has nothing to do with your distribution scheme

>I was referring to the AIs code or binary distribution. It's very hard for a human to look at a fucking map of a neural network and say: "hmm, yes, I see, those connections are clearly looking for trap dicks."
Well no shit. Again you could say the same thing about any binary program, there's nothing fundamental to AI or your distribution scheme here

I mean your idea is pretty much "Hey what if we put out a program that gave people money if they matched some criteria I care about". There aren't distinct flaws keeping it from doing something new because it didn't really do anything new in the first place. At most you were observing that AI can be viewed as encryption if it's complicated enough.
>>
>inb4 a bunch of neckbeards on 4chan make a cryptocurrency powered by mining CP

Not sure if this is cool or not, to be perfectly honest, but if the practical problems could be solved it would have use-cases in big data and web scraping (most likely)
>>
>>29737945
So in your mind if a layperson mentions information they got from a specialist then they are wrong because they layperson didn't study what the specialist studied. Well anon I don't know why they bother putting out studies if people who write articles aren't specialized enough to use these studies.

Feel free to address the actual arguments themselves instead of just discrediting the messenger.
>>
>>29737881
If you're making this distributed enough that anyone can run the verification instead of some specific third party then this really just becomes a normal public key encryption problem. Can you mess with the data enough that people can perform operations with it without understanding where it came from?
>>
>>29738040
I have nothing to prove, anon. Just poking a bit at someone misusing a bias and taking a malaysian airline message board thread a bit too seriously.
>>
>>29738039
You could actually implement the base systems of the currency into every sector of the internet and then have a near omnipresent data set that could even trump google in its analytics capabilities.... If you executed it properly and didn't get jailed or murdered.
>>
>Im not like other anons!
>I have a high IQ
>I took a online test!
Go for local mensa or fuck off
>>
>>29738112
>misusing a bias

Well anon you have yet to actually address what I said in reply to that and you are still saying that same shit. I know who I'm not going to be taking seriously in this thread.
>>
>>29738073
That's pretty much the problem right there, and it's a hard one to get around.
>>
>>29738162
>taking anyone in this thread seriously
>>
>>29738030
It's a useful concept in the context of porn for obvious reasons. You listed a reason yourself but I was thinking more towards social embarrassment rather than plausible deniability in searching for CP. Actually the plausible deniability thing is cipherpunk as fuck but I don't particularly want to associate myself with that so I left that possibility out. Feel free to write a paper on that though -- I honestly think its really fucking interesting.

>"Hey what if we put out a program that gave people money if they matched some criteria I care about"
That's the basic idea, yes, but that's not the same thing as describing a system where that could function as a DAO in practice, which will be my main contribution. The details do matter here so someone saying "hey, lets build an AI Google :^)" isn't the same thing as describing a technical system for how it could be done. The structure I described doesn't exist yet nor has anyone put forward any similar ideas beyond a vague sense that something like it might be possible for something useful one day (maybe :^) )
>>
>>29738302
So what, if they are just joking around then that just makes my job easier.
>>
>>29738153
>actually joining mensa

I've only ever met one dude who joined mensa. Really smart kid, graduated from Harvard in 3 years. Most full of himself asshole I've eve met.
>>
>>29738322
Checked.
Pray tell what your job here is, anon?
>>
>>29738342
You should have hit him in the head a few times with a pipe wrench. Wouldn't be so proud of his Harvard degree when he's speaking fluent Retard.Intellectual bullies are the worst.
>>
>>29738184
I'm not sure there really is a work around besides "do better encryption". you can't force people to only look at one piece of the computation if you publish all of them and anyone doing the verification needs to know how to piece all the bits of computation together. so if that's compromised your opponent knows the entire matching algorithm and you just have to hope you did a good enough job encrypting where you got it from
>>
>>29738368
I'm a masterdebator.

I masterdebate all day.

And when you come in with a silly and a no win attitude, then my job is much easier.

Last night I was debating with a depressed person about whether or not suicide and depression can be logically justified. Another easy win on my part, I was masterdebating on the part that suicide and depression is actually not logical and rational.

I guess I get some kind of dopamine rush from masterdebating.
>>
>>29738428
Well, you're certainly a robot. Good luck with your
>masterdebation
anon.
>>
>>29738390
Yeah it really does come down to encryption. Unless you could somehow have a unique ID derived from your cell phones location data be a necessary part of the key. This way the only way it could be transferred is if you initiated it, that way you could prevent key theft.
>>
>>29738482
Thank you, take care.
>>
>>29734127
my IQ is 131 as far as the language part of the test goes and when i studied philosophy i was far from being the smarter guy there
bachelor i got was useless but the people here were all very interesting
>>
>>29738315
Well anyways I've pretty much lost any animosity towards you and don't feel like looking up more roach images.

I guess it's a neat thought even though I think you're probably getting carried away with the 'connotation' of various algorithms and combining that rather than really thinking about whether they'd actually fit together in a meaningful way.

Still kind of nice for a science fiction story or something. Self manipulating/expanding patterns almost like dna strands which are sustained because they provide benefits for the sustainer.. Which I guess is where hard ai would come from if it ever does come.

G'night anon.
>>
>>29738610
G-goodnight, you joined the club.
>>
>>29734650
>Too smart to understand social dynamics
Lol confirmed retard, i'm extremely good at determining social cues but my anxiety doesn't make me pursue it.

Most of you guys are a joke.
>>
>>29734127
I promise that if you meet people who are smarter than you, it will make you rethink your knowledge of the world
>>
>>29738428
lmao
i recognize you
you're the faggot with a shitty sister in yesterday's mbti thread
>>
>>29737083
For someone who prides themselves on their intelligence, you're sure bad at explaining why it's criticisms aren't valid. "I don't like the personality of the critics" doesn't count for anything but an ad hom.
>>
>>29738963
What was the thread title? I don't remember this mbti thread, though I do have a sister, and she was shitty, but is better now as far as I know. Sound familiar?
>>
>>29734127
>even the mere whisper of "intellectual" subjects like simple politics or philosophy makes them avoid conversation like a plague

Unless you are discussing PhD or Masters-level (or higher) physics or mathematics you are a class A retard.
>>
>>29739029
you have an infj older sister

if not that's not you
>>
>>29739247
Not me

no way this is not original
>>
>>29734127
Most people dont take something like conversation in a social setting as seriously as you do faggot

You shouldnt base their entire intelligence on something as stupid as a meaningless conversation. People dont want to talk about politics or philosophical individuals or ideas simply because that shit is boring as fuck and should only be saved for when the moment is right, not when your friends and other normies are trying to have a good time. Quit being a pretentious faggot and dont take yourself too seriously, because a lot of people like to pretend theyre idiots for some fucking reason. They probably think it makes them more approachable. Try it sometime, you lonely faggot

yours truly, actual genius
>>
>>29739593
people who prefer talking about mindless bullshit and gossip are stupid. smart people like thinking about ideas, dumb people like thinking about people and events. even if you're capable of discussing ideas on some level it's evidence that you're stupid if you don't want to
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.