[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do my fellow robots make money? I work at HomeGoods and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 16
File: 1467582594329.png (15 KB, 570x533) Image search: [Google]
1467582594329.png
15 KB, 570x533
How do my fellow robots make money?

I work at HomeGoods and make $10/hr.
>>
Internship for $18/hr
>>
Drug addicted NEET
On a good day I make around -$20
>>
amazon warehouse pays 13.5/hr but the schedule is shit
>>
Wagecuck cashier at Walmart. Make $ 9 an hour
>>
I get 5000 a month from a combination of disabillity, unemployment and other social benefit programs. Im about 150k away from buying a house. I am 24.
>>
>>29732199
Where and what do you do?

>>29732206
How?

>>29732208
What's it look like?

>>29732228
What's your disability and damn, that's bread.
>>
Housekeeper at hospital. Make $11.50 an hour.
>>
File: 1442330669655.jpg (57 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1442330669655.jpg
57 KB, 640x640
construction

15 dollars.

oh and I'm 18 too.
>>
>>29732184
I grade tests online for about $20/hr.
>>
>>29732246
>What's it look like?
4 day work week

10 hour days + 30 minutes unpaid lunch in the middle

You don't really get any free time during the week.

the plus is that if you're okay with grinding, you can take OT every week (time and a half) (it's about $200 for 10 hours of work) and for a few months in winter the base rate shoots up to $16/hr.
>>
>>29732290
How the fuck do I sign up?

>>29732297
What do you do usually?
>>
>>29732246
Engineering internship, I have a few different jobs but I'm working for 2 or 3 major goals. It's mostly bitchwork but I love the people in the shop
>>
>>29732246
How do I 'make' negative $20 a day as a drug addict with no employment?
>>
>>29732336
>What do you do usually?
I don't know what all of the tier I roles are in the building but the jobs I do know of are literally easier than fast food.

If you end up doing something like this, keep in mind that your pay caps out at $15/hr base with no more room for improvement, so it shouldn't be a career job.
>>
>>29732380
Yeah, where the fuck do you get the money to spend on drugs?
>>
>>29732336
Well, you've got to get your BA in English first. Or languages, possibly swing a general humanities one.

It's for ETS.org if you happen to already have that. I tout it as the perfect robot job often. Only contact you have to have with other people is sending off an email checking in twice a day.
>>
>>29732414
Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma
>>
My scholarships and grant give me an $8k surplus per semester.
>>
>>29732442
What drugs do you do and how did you find a dealer?
>>
Work at a shitty deli at a grocery store.
$7.55 an hour.
Work full time and still don't have any money after my bills.
$40K in student loans and no degree b/c I dropped out. Still owe the uni $3K.
No hope, I don't even know what I'm doing anymore, I just get up and keep going to work because it's easier than thinking about what I should do.
>>
>>29732184

Transcriber for $5/hr but I'm East European so I make in 4hrs/day what normies here make in 8 with 10 degrees and unbelievable nepotism haha.
>>
>>29732480
Managed to scale it back to just weed (I'm unironically addicted to shatter) and I live in Toronto so I don't deal with dealers anymore.
Its easy finding a dealer for anything you need in a big city though. If you're white and dressed middle class just go to a poor part of town and loiter around a public park or intersection and a local entrepreneur will address your needs.
>>
Work as a tech. $31/ hr (CDN)
>>
Less than $8/hr working part time at my campus library.
>>29732487
Damn, how did you manage to pay off $37k on minimum wage?
>>
>>29732487

Also I think I might be dying from something but cant go to the doctor and even if I could I probably wouldnt go anyways
>>
>>29732276
Sounds fun man, I've always wanted to learn a trade.

As for me, I'm all over the place. Usually I'm an assembler but I've been tasked with loading customer's purchases into their car and bringing carts in from outside.

Pay is alright for that kinda junk, $~10.30/hr
>>
>>29732184

$20 an hour at gas utility co. field work. 53k last year w/ overtime and bonus. have to be on call. do get a company truck to take home though. just turned 25 been there 3 years.
>>
>>29732551

>paid off loans

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I mean I still owe that much.
I haven't made any payments yet or talked to any advisers. I mostly just pretend it doesn't exist. The payments are supposed to start this November. I'm not sure what they are expecting me to do because there is no money. I've heard that they will garnish your wages but I make so little that I literally won't be able to afford rent if they do.
I realize ignoring the issue is pretty dumb but I really just don't care about anything anymore.
>>
I am completely socially inept and I have never had a single successful job interview. Because of this, I currently have to rely on income sources I'm not entirely proud of. parents
>>
>>29732607
Man I'm worried about that happening to me. My GPA is ass, even though my major GPA is pretty decent. I'm probably not gonna drop out but I'm not feeling too hot about getting a job after I graduate next year since I have no internships and no real experience. I figure if I get to the point where I have to start paying back loans and I still don't have any money I'll just kill myself so my parents don't get stuck paying it off because I'm pretty sure loans get cancelled on death.
>>
Dominoes
>10-15 an hour depends on tips
I work with a bunch of weirdos and no good looking chicks
>>
>>29732726

Even if your GPA sucks as long as you finish your degree it will still look good. I don't know what your majoring in but you'll be able to eventually find something, even if it takes a while.

What I did is entirely different, I actually had a 3.5 and then inexplicably just lost all motivation and skipped all my classes for 3 semesters straight. I still don't know what happened, I guess it was addiction/depression, but that year and a half feels like a dream, like I woke up one day and it was just over. I lost my financial aid and then got kicked out of my major. Technically I'm still registered as a student but there's no way to pay for anything so for all intents and purposes I'm dropped out.
The only way I could finish now is by doing a year of progress at a different university and then appealing to be let back in at my original university, and getting back on aid. But I'm already 27, that would be really expensive, I have no money or means of making money, and loan repayments are gonna start in November, so it's not even really on the radar.

The worst part is that none of my family knows what happened. They think I'm still in school and about to graduate. I just lie to them that I'm still going to school because I have no idea what to tell them because even I myself don't really understand what happened to me.
>>
>>29732184
I'm a waiter at a family seafood restaurant. I make 2.13/hr, but with tips if I make above 10/hr, I feel like I've done good. Unfortunately, I work where a lot of niggers go, so I get screwed over a lot as far as tips.
>>
I'm starting at a grocery store next Monday for $10/hr. Then I start uni immediately in August so it isn't like I'm going to be able to make good money anyway to buy a PC before I am thrust back into school and crippling depression.
>>
>>29732819
What were you addicted to?
>>
>>29732184
about $32/hr but less because im salaried so it goes to taxes/healthcare and stuff
>>
Front Desk at a resort

$11/hour
>>
>>29732909

Alcohol and masturbation.
I say both because I started out drinking heavily but when I ran out of money I had to stop.
I'm not sure if I traded one addiction for another but I started chatting online with people and edging for like days and couldn't stop. I'd literally stay up for days edging.
>>
File: tandem.jpg (618 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tandem.jpg
618 KB, 1920x1080
Flatbed Driver for Lowe's.
21.81/hr
Turning 22y/o in August.
If I finish my deliveries for the day I get to chill for the rest of the time while still on the clock. Ate a crepe and fapped today while getting paid.
>>
Summer intern making $25/hr, it's not bad desu
>>
i work for what ends up being 2 dollars an hour, and thats a good paying low tier job in my city.

if one of you were to save enough money you could come to mexico city, live in the suburbs, retire early and live a comfy rest of your life. you don't even need that much money. my 2 dollars an hour are enough for me to rent a medium sized place and have basic commodities. imagine what your savings could give you.
>>
>>29733076
Why don't people specify what they do as an intern... come on, bro.
>>
>>29733068
>mfw I saw that exact truck with the same loadout

Jeff? What's your store number friend?
>>
>>29733128
Software Dev internship senpai
>>
I work at a place called Jimmy Johns from the Midwest. Min wage but I have no expenses so idc

the customers are entitled shits though and fucking go in the back area looking for their food, often take other customers' food because they're so greedy
>>
NEET
$9.60/hr
40 hours a week
>>
>>29733154
Are you one of the delivery boys? How fast can you ride a bicycle?
>>
>>29732184
>11/hr on average
>trainee computer technician
Completely self-taught, and on my way to have certs. My boss just likes my attitude and smarts enough to hire me regardless.
>>
Night attendant; gas station
$28/hr
>>
>>29733180
No, and nobody has bicycles here, what the fuck are you thinking? Are you one of the customers that asks if we sell tacos? fuck you
>>
File: sf.jpg (818 KB, 1440x2559) Image search: [Google]
sf.jpg
818 KB, 1440x2559
>>29733137
>>mfw I saw that exact truck with the same loadout
Yeah all of Lowe's bought the same model/year freightliner a couple years back. All the stores around me have the same one except one store still has a tractor/trailer.
>what's your store number
Haha I ain't giving that out and letting my sweet sweet shitposting time get taken from me.

Have a pic of the Golden Gate.
>>
>>29732607
Fake your death, be a hobo for a while. Find some work maybe
>>
>>29733213
I think he was referencing the annoying ass radio ad.
>>
>>29733216
>the same model/year frieghtliner a couple years back

I didn't know that since they keep me in the back all the time.

Pretty cool though, now whenever we get a delivery truck I'm gonna think of you pal.
>>
>>29733213
The Jimmy Johns here are known for delivering on bicycles and being fast.
>>
Construction laborer. 15/hr. Soon to be an operator making 23/hr
>>
Working on a roof

1200/wk
>>
>>29732184
Steve sage oregano pepe
>>
>>29733242
>they keep me in the back all the time
Where are you? Internet order? Receiving clerk?
>>
>>29733244
Yea, because thats their business model. Every customer will remind you of that.

I admit that would be pretty cool though, seeing as I could make tips without a car. But bikes would make it impractical. This isn't a fucking city ffs.
>>
>>29733312
Assembly
It's a comfy job, especially since I can listen to my own music back there and no one bothers me.
Although I've been getting more hours up front loading and stuff, not too bad since the people who need help loading are usually polite and nice.

Sometimes very qt too
>>
File: 1466701114038.png (1 MB, 1074x1592) Image search: [Google]
1466701114038.png
1 MB, 1074x1592
>>29733337
That's nice. The guy that pulls my orders used to do that. He says he wants to go back. It's a pretty nice robot job. You should get your class A tho m8. Become a driver. That's an even more comfy job. There's been times where I've taken my laptop and if I finish early I'll just watch anime down by the marina for four hours/however long time until I clock out. Out of any job in the store driver is the more high in demand since there's a shortage of drivers nationally. I got my license in January. By March I picked this gig with no prior experience. They taught me how to operate PE and everything. There's another driver but I only see him three days a week.
>qt customers
Tell me about it
>it's summer so gts start wearing skimpy shorts
>lolis start walking around in sandals
Halp
>>
>>29732184
Front-end web development
about $20/hr

I guess I got pretty lucky going in this field at this time; front-end resources and javascript in particular are really popular and keep growing.
Unfortunately it also brought along new hip """"developers"""" who know nothing aside using javascript frameworks and push tons of jquery plugins for the most basic shit

The new generation doesn't seem to appreciate performance and solid features, they go for simplistic "look how slick this slider looks" barebones plugins and don't give a single fuck about supporting older browsers
>>
I work at a candy factory measuring the amount of vitamins in the candy they make. Five years of school and $30k in debt to make $15/hr repeating the same exact experiment I Iearned in a sophomore level chemistry lab, every day. I usually made slightly more per hour delivering pizzas in college because of tips. Couple that with the lower cost of living in college-town with roommates and the fact that I worked half as many hours and didn't have to wake up until noon, shit is looking pretty bleak. The lab I work in is so purpose-built that they don't even have glassware I could steal to make drugs, and they are so super-anal about logging every single use of chemicals that I wouldn't be able to take water out without them knowing.
>>
>>29732184
Holy shit, me too anon. What state?
>>
>>29732184
front end developer intern
18$/hr w/ benefits
>>
>>29733510
I'd love to but I don't know how to drive
>>
>>29732184
Analyst for a bank, roughly $22/hour. It's a surprisingly easy job.
>>
>>29733979
Which bank?
I'm willing to seek the oppertunities.
>>
>>29734044
Wells Fargo. Approach with a great deal of caution if you go for a sales or customer service position. The pressure has been known to break some people and make them leave the industry.

Fortunately I don't have any quotas or direct customer interaction, so life is great.
>>
>>29733654
I do this and a host of other duties. Also around $20 an hour, a little higher.

Changing jobs soon for $24.50 and huge benefits.
>>
>>29732184
Moved to Israel a year ago

I got conscripted into the Army and I'm a combat soldier I make roughly 2000 NIS per month so around 550$, it's pretty shit but I don't have any expenditures because I live in a kibbutz.
>>
I'm in a student leveling program in my uni. Basically I help recent students to be more accostumed to the rythm of uni, both in studying methods and academic knowledge.
There's different modalities for the program. I'm in the "assesspr" one, which means I have to sit on my ass for two hours, two days a week, and wait until some student comes to me with doubts about a certain issue, and I help him through the best I can.
It's not much of a job. It gives me disposable income, but not enough to live by myself. I have scholarships and stuff to pay for my uni and other expenses, so I don't need more.
>>
>>29734066
Fuck. I live in Boston, I don't have that bank here, and the other banks are just absolute cunts (BOA and Citizen's Bank, galore). Thanks for the info though.
>>
>>29732184

Work on my parents farm, I get $600/month plus free accomodation and food.
>>
I'm a driving instructor
Shits dope senpai, 15 an hour to chill in a car
>>
Just finished an art commission for 100 british shekels.
>>
>>29732184
I mooch and illegally download rom hacks off the internet

That stuff is better than money in a way
>>
File: JzfKU1T.gif (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
JzfKU1T.gif
1 MB, 640x360
>>29732184
>Not living of off parents or NEETbux

FUCKING GET OUT FILTHY NORMIE
>>
$11/hr
Warehouse

The job itself isn't that bad, but the people are horrible. Especially the management. Only bad part about the job is all the heavy lifting, but you get used to it eventually.
>>
>>29732184
I sell my worn panties and a few shots of my butt. Sometimes I will do other craigslist stuff relating to fetishes. Occasionally I will get a paying job as an artist.
>>
Odd direct cash payment jobs, generally labour because I'm too lazy to market/train my other skills.
Construction (framing), painting (interior), lawn mowing, snow shovelling.
I have NEVER had success with a normie job.
>>
File: 1434636948502.jpg (52 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1434636948502.jpg
52 KB, 540x960
>>29735456
>>29735688
Art sucks, you basically have to sell your soul.
I regret not trying to sell mine despite thinking this.
>tfw mom is a master artist and I'm a fucking doodler
>>
File: Painting6.19.15FinalVer2.jpg (2 MB, 2835x1417) Image search: [Google]
Painting6.19.15FinalVer2.jpg
2 MB, 2835x1417
>>29735797
Not really, I enjoyed doing the commission.

Pic related.
>>
TFW scared of the world and have no skills

Too nervous to get a job. Fucking kill me.
>>
>>29735816
Nice.
Saved for free
It's still super good, and when I get a job again, I'd get commissions from you
I wonder how you'd do with Borderlands type scenes...
>>
Are there any jobs where I can basically decide my own working hours?

Even like a week in advance, just having the option to say "no fuck it not doing anything this week" but other weeks I could work all 7 days.

I have wildly inconsistent motivation, but right now I'm too motivated to go full NEET.
>>
>>29736455
No idea, but if you want to commission me in the future here in my artstation.

https://www.artstation.com/artist/karlricardo
>>
>>29732184
programming summer student 23/hr
>>
>>29736499
Freelance anything.
>>
>>29732184
$8.05/hour at Taco Bell.

Life is shit.
>>
No job currently
Used to be a Barista at a small town coffee shop.
Man, that place was super chill...
At no other place will I be able to get away with getting high and drinking during a closing shift.
If I get practicing again, I might end up helping out my Dad do music at church for a few bucks.
>>
>>29736544
That's not really reliable enough to let you decide to overwork later if there's no freelance work forthcoming, though it's probably the closest that actually exists.
>>
>>29732184
I'm a diplomat. Roughly $50/hr. Can't say any more than that.
>>
18 dollars an hour
I wash dishes, and I'm a stage hand.

Denmark.
>>
>>29736571
If you're good at your craft and can get clients it pretty much is. Take on a bunch of clientele then do a bunch of work then once you've finished take a break and live off of the money.
>>
>>29732748
>no good looking chicks

For a normie that sucks

For us, it's a blessing in disguise

t. Sperg who had difficulty working with THREE different Stacies (not all at the same time)

Honestly the plain girls were easier to deal with; it was just less intense. Not even just talking about keeping down the boners or keeping my voice normal around them; I just felt so inadequate and even more pathetic in the presence of such beauty. Why they were even working fast food is beyond me
>>
just started as a consultant. started out at $70k but i'm looking to get a $3k raise in the next month or so.

consulting is rad as fuck if you have no life otherwise.
>>
>>29736680
nice dude, what field is it in
also do you work in an office, whats it like
>>
Day trader
PT warehouse worker
>>
Banker. 130k usd + bonuses but live in Singapore so cost of living is high
>>
>>29736737
i do infosec work. i'm in an office but i have to fly/drive out to client sites a lot of the time. it's a very feast or famine sort of thing--either we have more work than we know what to do with, or we have no work at all.

work culture is pretty okay. i can't complain. it's the best work environment i've ever been in even though it's pretty high pressure.

90% of the job is tedious "set up this box here" type stuff and 10% of it is "fun hacker shit." what we do depends on what clients we have.
>>
>>29732290

Do you read GRE essays all day?
>>
>>29732184

Bill at $375 an hour.
Lawyer.
>>
>>29736783
not bad.tiff
>>
>>29732184
Two full time jobs, One at Target and one at Academy. I was NEET until this year but finally got off my butt and got a job at Target then decided to get another at Academy. I'm always exhausted but I don't think about not having a social life or my problems with girls.
>>
File: 1457937992616.jpg (82 KB, 640x482) Image search: [Google]
1457937992616.jpg
82 KB, 640x482
I fill out surveys and do random data entry stuff online like looking for porn in a group of non porn pics

make about 20 a day all while sitting at my pc watching anime at the same time

applied for a job at ups though because I need more money
>>
>>29736826
believe me, i've worked way worse jobs. always wanted to do something like this and it took a really long time to get here.
>>
>>29732184
I pay $60,000 to go to university.

the university gave me a $3000 stipend to do summer research
>>
You're wasting your time. I won't say it.
>>
>>29736783
Im about to join the navy for an infosec sort of thing. Is that a good or bad idea?
>>
>>29736860
mechanical turk?
>>
making dota items

you wouldnt believe how much money i have. my neet life is financed for years and i help my parents
>>
File: 1467617850691.jpg (978 KB, 1197x1576) Image search: [Google]
1467617850691.jpg
978 KB, 1197x1576
>>29736908
yep

on days im actually motivated I can make like 100 a day, but I dont like doing it really and I just need money I only work for maybe an hour or two a day
>>
>>29736906
imo that depends more on how you'd handle being in the navy. they do a lot of cool shit but no way am i gonna live in a submarine.

i'm guessing they'd make you do grunt work like maintaining firewalls or manning a SOC or some shit. either way, it'll be a plus later on when you go out into the private sector.
>>
>>29733107
I often think of running away to Mexico and living off of cheap booze and mexican food. I've never been to the DF, but want to visit.

I'm saving up, my friend. What other cities do you recommend in Mexico?
>>
>>29732184
Social benefits.
Pays the rent, bills and food and even leaves a few hundred per month to have fun with.
Not disabled, just unemployed.
>>
>>29736976
what country?

if america how do I get this?
>>
>>29736945
you must be good at it, read about it while at my job and found it didnt seem that good
>>
$19.85 hour at Target Australia

I think ill be leaving /r9k/ soon as I believe one of the cute viet chicks seems into me.

Im going to ask her out this weekend. Wish me luck bros
>>
>>29736992
Certain northern european country.
>>
>>29736995
Nah, it's really easy if your smart enough to get a bunch of scripts and steal the good stuff before anyone else gets it.
>>
>>29732184
I manage a metallurgy lab. Salary is $98k but I get bonuses and performance incentives too.
>>
>>29736961
Does it pay well?

Im guessin the clearances will be nice to have as well...
>>
Genuinally curious how normies deluded themselfes into believing they enjoy spending everyday in a continous loop of doing some shit job for the rest of their lives.

I wish I could be that ignorant again.
>>
>>29737076
>Says the eternal 4channer
>>
>>29737095
I don't enjoy spending everyday on the internet ethier but then again it's better than wageslaving I don't enjoy life regardless.

Everyday is the same loop of monotomous bullshit till you die. What a great exisistence we have.
>>
Sennalink pays me over 500 dollerydoos a fortnight for being a NEET.

Would you believe drug dependency buys me 6 months of NEETbux question free.. well I did have to go to detox but that was fun anyway.

Then I'm going to go to Uni next year and get I'll Unibux.

Getting addicted to heroin was the best thing to ever happen to me.
>>
>>29737128
Feel free to end it any time chief. No one is going to stop you.
>>
File: hithardest.png (552 KB, 1046x640) Image search: [Google]
hithardest.png
552 KB, 1046x640
12.50 hourly. I just started the job though, but it's pretty sweet. I'm a custodian at a hazardous waste disposal landfill. I only clean bathrooms, kitchens, living spaces, floors, locker rooms, basic stuff

This is a shout away from where I was at before, a drug addict working part time and depressed. Now I'm a drug addict working full time and depressed. But overall things are going great. If you have depression, you know sometimes are better than others. I keep on medicating when the bad times come around.

Overall the job kicks ass. No supervisor checking on me, calling me, questioning my actions... Whatever I get done, it's okay with them. I'm the only damn custodian, I am my own fucking department. That's a good feeling. I get to drive trucks around, as slow as I want to and listen to the radio and drink caffeine
>>
>>29736906
Wait are you me?

Are you joining enlisted or officer?
>>
>>29737043
it pays very well, especially if you have good social skills and are versatile. there's currently a ton of companies competing for a relatively small skilled labor pool. i'm hoping to carve my niche out before the bubble pops (which is already starting to happen.)
>>
>>29737183
Death isn't any better ethier. You simply cease to exist.

There is no escape, welcome to hell.
>>
>>29732276
How did you get a job in construction?
>>
>>29737209
If you say so pal.
>>
>>29737234
Fuck off, fucking normie. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>29737192
Enlisted. What s yr exact rate?
>>29737195
Bubble popping? Does that mean I shouldn't try to go into that field?
>>
>work on hospital equipment
>33/hr
>travel the country
>all the OT i can handle
>travel outside of 9-5 is considered OT

feels pretty good desu
>>
>>29737254
Oh no, I've gone and upset the sped. Whatever will I do now?
>>
>>29737270
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCKING NORMIE. GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq-Y93N40o4
>>
File: 1404629228506.gif (1009 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1404629228506.gif
1009 KB, 500x280
>Longshoreman
>$55/Hr.
>Full Medical/Dental
>keeps me fit

still can't get a gf.
>>
>>29737264
Enlisted starts at around $1500 / mo
Officer starts at around $3000 / mo

>tfw all my friends are graduating with jobs in consulting and making twice that
>>
>>29737209
I disagree that nothing is not preferable to suffering, but I don't know how to say why.

In any case, many people choose to act on that belief.
>>
>>29737297
No. I'm not going anywhere teddy boy.
>>
>>29737264
well, lemme clarify a bit.

there's a lot of M&A shit going on among bigger companies, which isn't a very good sign. at the same time, that hasn't translated into any tangible changes for people like me i.e. work still comes in at a good rate.

"bubble popping" wasn't the best imagery to use. it's more that things are pretty uncertain in a long-term sense. i'd say get in now rather than 5 years later.
>>
>>29737319
They have living expenses
>>29737362
Gonna be in the service for 6 years before I get out to the civvie market...
>>
>Be 20
>Work at ausfag grocery store
20 hours a week contract at $24/hr

>Feelsgoodman.jpeg

Very strict to work for though. Missed/ late to 3 shifts since the start of the year. One more and I'm probably fired.
>>
File: god dog.jpg (33 KB, 600x357) Image search: [Google]
god dog.jpg
33 KB, 600x357
>>29737473
yeah but you're already in by that point. i wouldn't sweat it senpai.
>>
Mailman $22/hr
>>
Around 60eus an hour. Autonomous engineer
>>
>>29736632

>Why they were even working fast food is beyond me

Even a Stacy has to start somewhere, even if it's a pizza shop, until they suck enough dicks to get something else.
>>
>>29735816
I guess it's cool as long as you stay out of porn.
>>
File: fs.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
fs.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
>>29732184
Irrigation district, don't make much now eleven burgerbux but I have confirmation that I'm on the shortlist for tranfers to positions where I can make ~60k with no college degree, and of course it goes up from there if I decide to get a cuck degree.

I worked retail for a full year, then construction for another full year after that. I hate to be a living meme, but if you're not a unicuck, just research your local job markets and see what profitable fields have positions that don't require bachelors' degrees, then apply to anything even remotely related. Even if it takes a few years, it'll still take you less time than someone who sat in a classroom getting jewed all day for 4-8 years.
>>
File: 1466777577955.jpg (139 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
1466777577955.jpg
139 KB, 1023x682
>21 and have never worked
>Been trying all year
>Employers look for experienced outgoing people
>failed Uni on too many occasions
>don't know what I want to do with my life
Gonna go to an agency this week
>>
>>29733654
how do you become one
>>
>>29732184
Accounting B4 Internship 28.5/hr
>>
>>29732184
I run a failing company that my investors are still paying me on a long-term contract for. Before that I worked in finance. I have 15 years of living costs saved up already but increasingly none of my old friends respect me anymore. Not sure if I will last another month. This isn't about money anymore.
>>
>>29736762
Oh. I liked Singapore. I'm friends with people in government though. Opinions seem to vary. Personally I think it's one of the best run countries in the world. But it does get hard with such high density and limited economic hinterland. Such is life and history.
>>
>>29734293
I was in Israel for a while, what kibbutz?
>>
>>29739155
A kibbutz is basically a communal living area, kind of like a commune, mine is based around farming. Everybody works and everybody received a share.
>>
I play guitar on the street in boston

I get around $100 a day which is enough considering I enjoy doing it

it allows me to get attention from qts without having to actually talk to them and I get to make (some) people happy
>>
>>29732184
I spend 8 hours a day in an office, programming backend webpages in around 1.5 of them.
>>
I work nightshift at a factory for $11/hr operating push-in machines
I literally dont see anyone ever. Very robot job
>>
Student

$823 a month
>>
Security guard for a hospital
$13.50, it's pretty shit since I live in california
>>
Helpdesk support at a hospital

$12/hour

I work nights and weekends, but it's alright.
>>
>>29739802
How do I into security guard anon? I'm 5'6'' NEET with an unimpressive resume and no job experience in the last several years
>>
HVAC apprenticeship, at least if I don't off myself before finishing I will have the chance to make decent money, currently on shit money for long days because in Australia it's common place for apprentices to be abused
>>
Work from home as a linux sysadmin. Consulting for two separate companies right now. Make $60 an hour.
>>
>>29732184
Hospital admin
au$27/h
>>
>>29739887
It looks like i make the most in the thread, but it's not full time so it's not as much as you'd imagine.

Still though let me know if you have ideas about what to do with the money. I don't have a gf so it just kinda builds up.
>>
Somewhere around $35/hr + bonus.

I live in a very low cost area so I'm killing it.

Doesn't do much about the crippling depression.
>>
>>29739884
Most states require a security guard license of some kind, once you have that you can start applying to security companies. It's a shit job, especially if you can't handle confronting people, but you might get lucky and get a post guarding a gate overnight and not have to talk to anyone
>>
>>29736944
this look like very difficult and creative job
>>
>>29736944
http://venturebeat.com/2014/09/02/red-pandas-and-armor-sets-dota-2-artists/

Damn holla holla get dolla.

You're now the richest dude itt.
>>
Oh wait there's that lawyer too.

What do you do with your money 3xx an hour lawyer dude.
>>
>>29732951
You forgot to mention the job
>>
>>29739871
Also support desk at hospital
13.25/hour plenty of overtime but it's
Fuck me
>>
>>29732184
I work at Five Guys. I'm salaried for $500 a week for 45 hours. Four of those hours a week go towards breaks, so I really only work around 41 hours so I make somewhere around $12 an hour, plus any tips or bonuses I get. Can't complain, I'm not a manager but I make more per hour than a manager does.
>>
Over the course of July I'm working in a brewery call centre, contacting its clients and asking whether they want to order beer. The net pay is about 93 CZK/hour which amounts to ~3.8 dorra/h but I live with my parents who pay for pretty much everything.
>>
Please give job anons
>>
>>29732184
NEET money, can't get money any other way.
>>
>>29736803
I don't do the GRE, I mostly listen to people doing speaking responses for language tests all day. Way more comfy than essays, I get put on them sometimes.
>>
>>29732184
$~1100/month
"Production school". Goofing around for six hours, five days a week, sometimes take some photos and edit them if I want to.

>pretty comfy tbqh
>>
$9.18

I sell paint
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.