[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>TFW you have a startup entertainment website >TFW you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
>TFW you have a startup entertainment website
>TFW you friends that you invited to join and help produce content but they do no work
>TFW you want to break out of the NEET life and make money but you can't actually find people to help you do this

Does anyone else know how tough it is when other robots you want to be an entrepreneur and startup your own business?
>>
>>29731423

lmao what the fuck did I mean at the bottom part of my OP

I meant to say does anyone know how tough it is being an entrepreneur?
>>
Have you succeeded at delegating work before?
>>
I have my own business. It's harder than most people think but I also grew up watching my parents, who are also entrepreneurs so I knew what I was getting myself into.
>>
I used to run a small cafe. It was pretty hard work, but great.
>>
>>29731664

This is my first managerial position, since I'm really the only one on top of things I have to do every position all at once. I'm in charge of backend and frontend. I'm the legal department and the contact person.

The issue isn't so much that I can't delegate or give out work correctly, it's that the employees(friends) don't do anything really.

This mostly stems from the fact that I'm working sans pay because I haven't gotten any revenue from the website yet, but I have a ton of methods to acquire income. The problem is attaining original content for the site so people come back to it.
>>
>>29731679
Lol it's not hard... In all honesty it's far easier than everyone harps on about
>>
>>29731836
It's easy to claim that you'll have revenue coming in.
>>
>>29732000

Nice trips, yeah but people want to see money now J.G. Wentworth style. Would you work for free potentially if you were in a startup but ultimately would end up with a large share of the company?
>>
>>29731423
What are you trying to do? What kind of entertainment website?
I want to start up my own gun shop in the next few years
>>
>>29732223

Well originally it was started with a partner that paid for web hosting and the domain name. It was intended to be a stop for comedians just like worldstarhiphop was for rappers. People come in and find new standup comedians and we would get money for promoted content.

Since he wasn't going to any comedy clubs or getting any content, I decided to salvage the site and remake it to include most forms of media.

Youtube videos (original and by other people) Reviews (of all media types) and Blogs. More content types would be added as needed
>>
>>29732039
I'd first have to be convinced that you'll likely succeed.
>>
>>29732307

Yeah that is true and it is a risk, but keep in mind all I'm asking people to do is write content, blogs or reviews. I'm not asking them to work in the legal department, marketing, or the backend like coding/web design. That's all up to me and I'm getting v sad
>>
>>29732296
give me ur skype, ill help u
>>
>>29732424

cezaa2783
>>
>>29732424

pls no hack tho
>>
>>29731423
OP I am in exactly the same situation. I tried to find a co-founder that I met who has similar interests but he's not motivated to do anything and I feel awkward telling him to do stuff because I'm not his boss.

Do you have any contact details?
>>
>>29732954
he put his skype here
>>29732461
>>
Hey everyone I'll add you guys in like 30 I had to leave to do things but I'll be back on my computer
>>
Ok everyone I added you guys
>>
Just spoke to OP. He seems to have a good marketing plan but his business idea isn't great. His scatter-shot approach is unlikely to work in today's market. I suggested a more focused approach with something more specialized that has higher margins when you land the right fish. OP does seem to know how to get customers so why not try focus on customers who will pay a lot more for whatever it is you're selling?

Checkout some paid advertising, too, btw. It's hard to build a business where paid advertising won't be profitable but I'd say with the low-cost consumer products that you plan to target -- that such a thing wouldn't work well for you.

God speed OP.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.