[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Snow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: BascHill_snow_play09_7700.jpg (119 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
BascHill_snow_play09_7700.jpg
119 KB, 600x400
How does snow feel?
Does a snowball hit hurt?
What is the safe range of temperatures for playing in a snowy day?
>>
There are different types of snow, sometimes it's super powdery and it's just cold and insubstantial. Sometimes it's kind of wet and packs well, so it's a bit like light, wet sand. There are other types, too, but those are the extremes, really.

If it hits you in the face, maybe. Certainly if some asshole put a ball of ice or a rock in the center. Otherwise, no, a snowball is too light to actually hurt.

Ideally you want to play in the snow when it's just under freezing. Depends on the person, but it might be getting too cold once it's under 20 F. If you're not moving around enough or you get snow inside your boots then it'll get too cold real quick.
>>
>>29730993
>Certainly if some asshole put a ball of ice or a rock in the center

Fuck off, New Kid.
>>
>>29730993
no, snow is just powdered ice. It doesn't hurt unless it's grainy crap snow, it's just cold
>>
>>29730875
Cold and wet. Sometimes powdery. Sometimes it feels like shave ice. It's really cold though.

Snowballs can hurt. Usually it's just a sting of cold wetness, like throwing ice at someone but it sticks.

Usually when it snows, it's 20F - 29F. Can be colder. If the snow already fell then the temp can be considerably higher or lower. Below 0F you need more serious cold gear if you're going to be outside for a while.

Anyways snow kinda sucks. I'm fine going to a ski resort for a bit but I live in the tropics now and it's way better.
>>
>>29730875
>How does snow feel?
Do you live on the equator or something?
>>
>>29730875
>How does snow feel?
Cold.
>Does a snowball hit hurt?
Depends how it was made and who threw it.
>What is the safe range of temperatures for playing in a snowy day?
Wrap up warm, but then again it the UK has a very mild winter compared to other places at this latitude. Its black ice that is the really killer.
>>
>>29731178
it doesn't feel wet you fucking idiot i fucking hate you, it just feels cold so it stings a little bit and numbs your skin
>>
>>29731347

that depends on the temperature. slushy snow at around 0C or maybe a little above will be heavy and plenty wet.
>>
regarding "safe" temperatures, that's a matter of what you're dressed for and how long you plan to be outside. Below -15 C is going to be a bit uncomfortable for long periods. Below -25 C and you don't wanna be outside for any longer than you absolutely have to.
>>
>>29731722
>tfw canadian
>tfw surveyor
>tfw out in - 35 in the middle of nowhere for 12 hours a day

Feels good my man
>>
>>29731784

Yeah i live in Canada also. One of my coworkers used to do that job. Sounded interesting. He seemed to enjoy it, i think. Or at least he had a few stories to tell.
>>
File: Xmas-family-dinner_njassj.jpg (146 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
Xmas-family-dinner_njassj.jpg
146 KB, 600x399
>>29730875

>How does snow feel?

Cold, then wet, and generally annoying. Especially if it's falling from the sky in real time.

Once it's on the ground and settled and packed in it's all right if you're wearing high boots. It makes everything soft and cruncy. If it's freshly-fallen it can be annoying since it'll stick to your pant legs and make them wet as soon as you step indoors.

>What is the safe range of temperatures for playing in a snowy day?

Anywhere above -30c as long as there's not a windchill.
I hate snow and I hate winter.

>Does a snowball hit hurt?

No, since you're wearing thick winter clothes. Unless you catch it with your face then yes it hurt a bit or a lot depending on the snowball.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.