[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have become immune to any verbal insults It feels good to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1467604381139.jpg (45 KB, 260x359) Image search: [Google]
1467604381139.jpg
45 KB, 260x359
I have become immune to any verbal insults

It feels good to be detached from negative emotions, really good
>>
>>29730447
aren't you detached from positive emotions as well? I thought you can't be detached from only one specific emotion
>>
>>29730564
Once you accept that nothing has any intrinsic value, you can realize that you choose your emotions. All I feel are happiness, contempt, and occasionally worry since, I do want to have some incentive to not become homeless
>>
>>29730447
h0w do you do it?
>>
>>29730629
Well, the first thing I did was to realize I do not NEED to feel insulted by ANYTHING. No sequence of words could really do me any harm. That part is easy.

The hard part is to put it into practice. You must train yourself by going to an insult-filled area and just, ignore it. 4chan hates league of legends but honestly all the flaming 16 year olds really helped me practice.

Fun thing is that this can translate into physical feelings too, I am working on reducing discomfort and pain
>>
>>29730699
i have a very witty and antagonistic older brother who likes to rip on me allot. ill try it out on him. anymore tips?
>>
>>29730746
>he's witty
you're fucked because of your autism m8
>>
File: tumblr_o6dxrejgiH1qb5gkjo1_500.jpg (49 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6dxrejgiH1qb5gkjo1_500.jpg
49 KB, 500x334
>>29730447
I thought I was too, but the unexpected ones cut the deepest
> unloading a truck with a forklift
> go to give the driver back the empty pallets
> put the pallets in the wrong spot, truck driver screams at me
> "NOT THERE YA MANGO"
> mfw
>>
>>29730783
not if i ignore it, and be the better man
>>
>>29730746
Patience, understand that this is a mental battle, and it is going to be hard for you. Do NOT get frustrated.

I found it is easy to start by associating the insults with a sense of superiority, you are invincible, his insults are futile. Look at how dumb he is, thinking that his pathetic attempts at harm will have no effect. That mentality is of course not the end goal, but it helps cope with the initial pain when you don't know how to deal with it.

One more thing that helps is realizing you have no more or less value than anyone, no matter their stature, humans are the same in the end.
>>
>>29730843
>ya mango

Yeah man, I feel your pain. Its best to laugh these ones off, you god damn cucumber
>>
>>29730447
That picture describes what I feel now. There was a time that when I heard women laughing I would assume that it was directed at me, I would get anxious that something was wrong. I was simply not confident in my self-worth and I felt that this judgement from these giggling women or more confrontational men was actually just and true.

Then I did two things, I started reading more and started watching informative videos on youtube instead of stupid shit, in other words I became more shrewd, and I also started lifting. Both of these helped with confidence and made me love myself in a reasonable way instead of having no self-worth. There is a good mean between narcissism and hating yourself that you should go for. And since you are your own best friend you should reasonably love yourself.

However what helped the most was the reading and watching of informative videos, becoming more shrewd. It really gives you an idea of how stupid the average person is (and 50% of the people are even dumber than that). Therefore confidence and lack of confidence in regards to how the average person judges you is not relevant to you at all. They have a lot of weird ideas in their head, to make it less abstract I would say that 200 years ago these are the types of people who would be participating in religious wars. There is Socrates, then there is the big mob of dumber people which executes him. You really don't need to consider what they are thinking at all unless they want to kill you. Think for yourself.
>>
>>29731108
Well put, thats what I was going for when I was using the picture.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.