[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it wrong to go after a girl after she turns your friend down?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1465345613528.jpg (208 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1465345613528.jpg
208 KB, 640x640
Is it wrong to go after a girl after she turns your friend down?
What about if she turned him down because she likes you?
>>
I'm undesirable so I don't have to worry
>>
>>29730027
Not wrong at all. If you're friend has issue with that he's an ass.
>>
>>29730027
>Is it wrong to go after a girl
no
>if
no
>>
>posting normie problems unironically on r9k
>>
Nope. Get that cachet son.
>>
>>29730027
I don't think so
but i don't ever have to worry about this problem and have 0 relationship experience so i have no idea what i'm talking about
>>
>>29730062
Not used to these normie problems but isn't it against the bro code or whatever?
>>
>>29730539
that's not dating a friend's ex

she was never his friend's girl, he's not intruding on anything
>>
>>29730027
I think I'm in the same boat as you OP. However my situation is slightly different. The girl in mind dated my friend for two weeks and then ended it because she didn't want to be with him. Now shes rather into me and talks to me and we talk a lot about stuff like cooking (new uni student, gotta learn how to cook). Shes a real qt 3.14

Problem is before we really had conversations I've been talking to this other girl for quite some time, though her and I aren't dating. She's a really busy person and doesn't have much time to talk or hang out.

I'm in quite the spot.
>>
>>29730539
>Bro code

This is only followed by little wannabe chadlets who are actually autists who think it's cool to have a rule book that defines male friendship and bonding. Male friendship is different for everyone and while there certainly are "rules" that most guys should follow, they generally fall along the same lines as common courtesy and they certainly shouldn't be written or read. idk if you're OP or not, but:

Tell the friend she rejected that you wanna go after her. He'll probably be cool with it, but you don't wanna seem snakey and just slide in. If he's not tell him to stop being a dick, and he'll probably stop being a dick. Then go after her.

If it works out and you smash, buy your buddy a beer. After a week or so you can rub in his face and he'll laugh and flip you off.

If she shoots you down too: buy your buddy a beer then laugh about your ugly mugs and unwet dicks
>>
Like I always say there are no friends in the adult world, it is every man for himself. Don't think for a second if the roles were reversed your friend wouldn't make a move. Grow some balls.
>>
>>29730730

>omega male and terrible friend detected
>>
>>29730800
>beta nice guy who speaks to his thin skin friends with delicate words because he's afraid to make anyone mad and/or they're too insecure to take any guff detected
>>
>>29730858
Dude, you're such a tryhard wannabe alpha it hurts.

I dont care if its some fratboy who fucked her once and didnt get feels, you're either tasting his cum and trying his used goods or he's gonna be pissed at you for poaching. Try operating in the real world once in your life and not from PUA youtube vids faggot.
>>
>>29730027
Totally wrong. If you don't have an issue with that then you are an ass.
>>
>>29730906
Did you read the question?

It's about a girl who rejected the friend.

If you get rejected by a girl and get asshurt that your buddy wants to take a shot, you're a butthole person.
>>
>>29730730

Seems like my kind of friend.

>upfront and assertive
>Puts his own needs first to avoid becoming a doormat.
>Not 100% inconsiderate, but needs you to speak up for yourself if something is bothering you.
>Sees difficulties and disagreements as a bonding experience, not as an insurmountable divide.
>>
>>29730970
I mean is that a bad way to go about things?
I see this as a very reasonable way to act.

>upfront and assertive
Only way to get what you want
>Puts his own needs first to avoid becoming a doormat.
Your own needs should come first but should be your only considerations. Sometimes your need could be helping others, because YOU know thats the right thing and you like to do the right thing.
>Not 100% inconsiderate, but needs you to speak up for yourself if something is bothering you.
if someone's hiding their feelings why should I waste time trying to decipher something apparently not important enough for them to tell me
>Sees difficulties and disagreements as a bonding experience, not as an insurmountable divide
Absolutely. Un-torn muscle is weak. You don't know who your friends are until you see them in situations that aren't ideal
>>
>>29731046
*shouldn't be your only considerations

not a socio-path just a typo.
>>
>>29731046

It can be a bit rough, in practice. I take a slightly softer approach, but I certainly recognize the merit of such things.

But all in all, it's positive, I think, if you approach people with genuine compassion. It's like a kalyama-mitra (noble friend.) A good friend gives only what he can... because if you give too much and throw yourself off balance, then you're not only robbing yourself, you're robbing others around you from feeling the full benefit of your relations.

it's always reasonable to consider your needs first, even *if* real love begins with paying attention to others, and a gracious act of self-forgetting. A true friend wants what is best for the other.

I agree with your un-torn muscle comment, I employ a similar saying: 'smooth seas never make a good sailor'
>>
>>29730027
Fuck Claire Abbott is nice

Any ways yeah since she was never his in the first place you're in the clear. Just be prepared for him to go full Jesse's Girl afterwards.
>>
>>29731302
this will happen if you continue seeing her

he'll secretly still wanna smash
>>
>>29731302
Trust me the dude is beta as hell. I love the guy and he won't object but I know for a fact he will be jealous of me and my friendship with him means a lot to me
>>
>>29731877
Bottom line I don't want to throw away one of my best friends for some pussy, even though I'm in the right.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.