[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Incompetent parents causing robotdom?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 21
File: 1455846096100.jpg (68 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1455846096100.jpg
68 KB, 633x758
For the actual robots of /r9k/: how useless were your parents when it came to raising you? I'm sure that most of you had either abusive parents, totally carefree/incompetent ones or both.

Give me your stories.

>get diagnosed with ADHD during my early childhood, and nothing else later on
>my parents now literally think that I'm an incapable retard that needs to be watched over 24/7
>they refuse to teach me how to do anything, that means I ended up not receiving training in even the most basic life skills imaginable as they're perfectionist shits that felt the need to make everything for me
>deprived me of at least a couple of overnight school trips, wasn't until I was fucking 14 until I was allowed to go to one, still suffered there because my parents never taught me anything but I was smart enough to adapt somewhat
>didn't let me be alone in home from ages 12-15
>mother is so hysterical she didn't even let me handle a blunt kitchen knife
>was STILL in the bathroom with me while I was showering until the age of 12-13
>didn't even let me use a hair dryer alone
>had to use a FUCKING SCOOTER instead of a proper bike for transport until age 13 despite that I had learned perfectly well how to drive bikes in school earlier, but the fucks didn't trust me
>even when I was 17-18 they went out of their way to perform incredibly embarrassing stuff in public because they STILL thought I was incapable
>still forced me to take them with me when I had to take appointments/trips at an age where you're supposed to be doing this alone
>even booked them for me despite that I had decent enough social skills for me to do this alone
>after the age of 18 I had to learn everything I needed to know on my own

All because of this fucking meme disorder, ADHD. Seriously? How can BOTH parents be this incompetent? Obviously this affected my development quite a lot, although I was still able to maintain many social circles unassisted and learn other less important skills.
>>
>>29728863

Child neglect can lead to feral adults. It's sad, but you can't recreate childhood.
>>
>All because of this fucking meme disorder, ADHD. Seriously? How can BOTH parents be this incompetent?

Congratulations. You are victim of Soviet subversion. You parents drank too much of the cultural Marxist Koolaid.
>>
File: 4d1.png (484 KB, 561x363) Image search: [Google]
4d1.png
484 KB, 561x363
>>29728863
>never been diagnosed with anything
>my parents never taught me anything i had to learn everything by myself

Untill you post this i had no idea parents were actually supposed to do so
>>
File: 1446725515396.jpg (18 KB, 480x471) Image search: [Google]
1446725515396.jpg
18 KB, 480x471
>>29728863
So, what were the results of this asshole-tier "parenting"? I was surprisingly still on the normie path until age 13 or so, but that's only because I was social enough to maintain many close friends that didn't care. I was still severely behind them in matters of knowledge and independence though.

After that I started to lose friends, I still don't know the actual reason since they never approached me directly about it but I suspect that they eventually realised how much of a pathetic loser I was. Yes, not being allowed to be in home alone, not being able/allowed to do anything alone and not being allowed to ride a bike is certainly not going to help you in being a functional teenage boy.

At that age I was living in a small town with few kids of my age, so I was not really able to get new ones. I became jaded and fuck and stopped caring about long-term relationships, only caring about somewhat close classmate relations. Even then I was still often ridiculed due to the childish shit my parents did to me at that age.

Now I'm a 21yo robot, affected by massive regret and embarrassment every time I look back in the past. I can barely even function due to this now, every day equals to constant suicidal thoughts for me, from morning to night.

I should just kill myself, mainly to escape from the life that my parents ruined but also to psychologically fuck them over. They're total assholes for keeping this shit up for over 18 years.
>>
File: 1452964226157.jpg (30 KB, 448x545) Image search: [Google]
1452964226157.jpg
30 KB, 448x545
No similar stories at all? Fuck, I knew that this specific kind of shit parenting would be rare even on /r9k/. It's hard to relate to anyone which makes the feels even WORSE.
>>
At least one fellow robot with a similar childhood must exist, bump.
>>
File: 1447565363372.png (14 KB, 635x773) Image search: [Google]
1447565363372.png
14 KB, 635x773
>grew up extremely poor
>dad was and is an alcoholic
>abused my mom physically until I stood up to him in middle school (I suspect he kept doing it, just not in front me)
>absolutely useless, never taught me any lessons
>mom was depressed and tried to kill herself twice
>she nearly drowned my younger sister out of rage once
>both are short-tempered and irrational
>embarrassed me in front of the few friends I had for their own enjoyment
I hope they one day realize how deplorable they were not only as parents, but as people
>>
Dad had no ambition at all. Literally regimented TV lifestyle for him.

Mum was just never home. Always working late.

Found out after I'd moved out n got my life on track that she worked late so often for nearly 20 years because she was very unhappy in marriage n never wanted to marry my father. Now divorced.

Mum also persuaded my dad to move the family to Scotland. As a Londoner, I wasn't exactly welcomed by dumb bigot Scot scum. Never fit in.

I've ended up with no drive/confidence in my skills and I can't handle discussing relationships with my family at all. It took me a year to introduce my gf to them and that was just because I kinda forced myself to.
>>
Yeah, an abusive father.

Still is.
>>
>>29728863
They tried when I was younger, but it went to hell when I was 11-12. Mom is very overprotective and Dad doesn't give a fuck.
>>
>>29728863
I think my parents were pretty normal. Still together. Never had any problems growing up really. Maybe I'm just a failed normie or late bloomer. I don't blame my parents, I blame myself for being a useless, lazy, dumb, awkward wreck.
>>
>>29728863
My dad was an alcoholic, raised by a batshit crazy single mother, got bullied most of school, grew up poor (heat and electricity turned off more than once)
Suck it it up you fucking faggot.
>>
>>29729914
>he has a gf

not a robot

>>29731240
My mother is pretty overprotective too

>>29729019
I probably will an hero eventually, I don't want to cause my parents grief though
>>
File: asdf.jpg (112 KB, 1300x866) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
112 KB, 1300x866
My parents were still wiping my ass at like 7 or 8

I also didn't know how to read or write until i was like 13

I couldn't tie my shoes. I didn't know dates, I didn't even know my own birthday until I was 12

I was "homeschooled"(they didn't really try teaching me anything) and socially isolated my whole life, I feel like North Korea

This is why today I'm an antinatalist and hate that I was ever born, some people really shouldn't be allowed to have kids
>>
>>29728863
I know that feel bro

>overprotective mother
>autistic, sometimes abusive father

>my mom would make me come home from school to eat lunch with her for all of grade school

>my dad would never congratulate me on my good marks, only criticize my lowest mark, until I stopped putting effort into school

>older sibling would be a shit-head and steal from us because my dad would be working in a different city and only come home on weekends

>on weekends, my mom would tell everything that my older brother did wrong, my dad would have an autistic temper tantrum because he wanted to come home to a perfect family and then beat the shit out of me and my mom while my older brother wasn't even home on weekends

>never learned how too cook, my father would be a complete control freak who would FREAK OUT if anyone was even standing in kitchen with him, let alone teach his kids how to cook

>My mom would wash all of our laundry together all at once - I'd often end up with like my sister's or dad's panties in my drawers. I didn't learn how to wash my own clothes until I was 29 and she still hovers around me when I do so.

>parents were against technology, we didn't have a computer with internet at home until I was 17.

>they expected me to become some start-up app meme millionaire facebook inventer like everyone else my age

>they think I'm a secret genius and under-achiever because I help them use download and open files from their emails and know how to use the TV remote.

"ANON WHY DON'T YOU GO AND BECOME A COMPUTER SCIENTIST"

BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT THAT HAS THE SAME LEVEL OF COMPUTER LITERACY AS A 12 YEAR OLD KID DOES TODAY
>>
>dad is always away on work
>mother drinks herself into comatose often
>just got done putting her to bed and cleaning up the house
I hate having to feel like I grew up too soon
>>
>>29728863
I had some number of mental issues. My mother told me to not tell anyone, and even though I didn't understand it fully I felt it was a badge of shame.

Other than that and being controlling my ma's done an okay job.
>>
File: dale face.gif (483 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
dale face.gif
483 KB, 300x169
>>29731443
>My parents were still wiping my ass at like 7 or 8
>I didn't even know my own birthday until I was 12

mfw

Although I also didn't know how to fucking tie my shoes - my mom never showed me and kept buying me shoes with velcro.

Then one day she buys me regular shoes but instead of having regular shoes laces and taking some time to show me how to tie those, she instead bought these bright neon-orange curly shoelaces that stretched and were made out of rubber or something so it kept the shoe tight but stuck out like a sore thumb.

I was mocked the whole day that I wore those, went home crying, and then spent the whole time in my room practising how to tie shoes on my own
>>
File: shoe_with_lace_2.jpg (84 KB, 499x375) Image search: [Google]
shoe_with_lace_2.jpg
84 KB, 499x375
>>29731675
>bright neon-orange curly shoelaces

pic related, I'm terrified that they still make these. Kids with autism shoes will not stand a chance in school.
>>
>tfw supportive parents
>tfw came from a humble family with a do-it-yourself attitude
>tfw still managed to be a complete fuck-up who dropped out of high school
>>
>>29731695
Holy shit, that's a new tier of autism shoes. I'm feel sorry for you man.
>>
>>29731697
Well at least you were given a chance

I wish I had that much
>>
>parents liked to embarrass me in public either as a joke or as a punishment
>they just told me 'jus b urself' then turn around and complain about me
>no rewards for success but heavy punishment for failure
>complained about me being fat even though they never let me play sports or even play outside while eating KFC 6 nights a week.
>wasn't allowed to fight back against kids bullying me
>my mom made sure no girls came around during my puberty years and ruined all my friendships with girls
>honestly literally wanted me to go to Harvard and said anything else was failure
>my mom made my abusive, cheating piece of shit dad stick around until I was 16 because she wanted me to 'have a good male role model'
>>
fuck my parents are the opposite
>father could go to another city or country for a job and spend a few months there
>mother came home after i went to sleep, no weekends and barely vacations
before i was 6 they left me at kindergarten but after just gave up so i spent my time shitposting on russian imageboards and reading 4chan because i didn't know english well
They taught me a lot though

Fuck they didn't even make food for me, expected me to cook for myself.
>>
>>29728863
>abusive
>totally carefree
Mine were exactly both depending who I was paying attention to
>go out with mom to mall
>come home and dad beats me for no reason and grounds me from vidya
>go have breakfast with dad
>come home and mom starts bitching neurotically and takes away the computer
>fuck up in school and dad gets mad
>mom quasi celebrates and pretends like its alright
>fuck up in church or with family and same shit as above but mom gets mad
>dad does the exact above
>repeat for most of my childhood/early teens
Pair of imbeciles should have divorced the moment I was born. You can imagine how it turned out in the end.
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 583x337) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 583x337
reposting story because i'm an attention whore

https://desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/27594678/#27596343
just scroll down for more
>>
I hate that shit so much.
>mom and dad shelter me and do everything for me even when I dont want to
>dont let me do pretty much anything
>turn 18 and expect me to be some superchad skilled in every aspect of life
>>
someone start bumping or post a story
>>
>>29728918
I think people who "actually" have ADD/HD really have a very mild form of autism/aspergers or Tourette's
>>
>>29731552
>autistic father
Isn't autism genetic desufam?
>>
single mom.

she did her best i guess, but wasn't cut out for dealing with a kid with social phobias and shit. she pretty much enabled me. also was financially retarded and blew lots of opportunities her parents left her, so she has nothing but dept now and drains my money taking care of her. i think i'd be a different and better person with better guidance but she worked her ass off her whole life and always had unconditional love for me.
>>
>>29733701
this is really cute
fuck off robot i'm trying to say something
>>
>>29728863
Reminder that unless your parents were outright abusive to you, they're not the reason you're a robot, everyone's parents have flaws and don't get shit right sometimes, trying to shift blame for your failures onto them is pathetic.
>>
>told if I touch anything I'll break it because I'm an incompetent shit child
>constantly physically assaulted by beta male father because that's the only dominance he can exert
>told everything is scary as shit and you'll die if you take any risks
>but god loves you and you'll get into heaven just be nice and submissive : )
>>
>Dad chimps out when one thing goes wrong. Pretty much bipolar.
>Mom is never home and always with her fucking parents, they literally imply everytime I meet them that they don't like me.
>my mother's side of the family are the most cunning people imaginable and I'm suppose to be nice to them. They like to gang up on me and just curse me out. It's hard not to go full nigger chimp out on them
>Every time a girl liked me my father would scare them away
>One year I finally bring my grades to an 89 average and they did not even have the decency to congratulate me
>I finally shed weight and they still fucking made fun of my weight infront of my 'friends' (5'10, went from 200 to 184 pounds)

I thought I had bad parents and then I saw this thread
>>
>my mother decided to "adopt" a street urchin with a bad home life himself about my older brother's age
>towards the end he was at my house every day
>mom was so up his ass, everything he did was mine and my brother's fault
>let him terrorize and beat on me and my brother (we were both a bit shy and mild mannered then, we were easy targets)
>the old man was working so much and loved my mom too much to kick him out before three years went by
>finally kicks him out, next day my mom is having "the talk" with us on why she's going to abandon our family

I think my inferiority complex stems from this
>>
Lots of things, but the biggest one is

>6th grade
>Up until now was still a social outcast, partially because my parents didn't let me talk with any kids my age until second grade and partially because they made me jump through millions of hoops just to spend time with any of them
>The few friends I do have I quickly lose because my parents try to forcefully insert themselves into all of my relationships

>After enough isolation and intense bullying from being 'that kid' I start to become depressed and my anxiety becomes overwhelming
>Genuinely want to die
>Reach a point where I Haven't left my room for over a week
>Cry all the time
>Ask parents for therapy, medication, anything
>"Oh, anon. All kids deal with that at your age. It's barely even real anyway."
>Suffer for years silently as my illnesses take a toll on my health and ability to function

>Fast forward to Uni
>Anxiety prevents me from keeping any food down, just skin and bones
>Attempt suicide twice, sent to psych ward twice
>After second stay get souped up on tons of meds, kicked out of uni
>Forced to stay with parents again
>They hide and lock up almost everything in the house
>Boast to all of their friends about how much they struggle having a mentally ill child and how they're basically saints
>Tell my meds are pointless
>"We know, we have anxiety and depression too"
>Neither have literally any symptoms or have ever been to a shrink

Just kill me fampai
>>
>>29733927
That part just sounds like your parents have a bad understanding of mental illness really anon. Which sucks, sure, but I don't think it's really why you're where you are today, you did still get the treatment you would have otherwise.
>>
>>29734006

As I said, it was just an extremely small sample of the generally incompetent or mildly abusive shit they did.

Additionally, I did eventually get treatment, but that was after nearly a decade of letting my mental illnesses fester with no support system in place whatsoever.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 500x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 500x480
>>29734114
then post the stories
>>
My parents weren't terrible people, just young and stupid. They fought all the time when they were together. After they split, my mom couldn't really balance having a child and being in her 20s. She used to leave me at home alone while she went out and partied, or in the car while she shopped for hours. It was just kind of natural that I learned to used escapism as a coping method.
>>
This thread is the culmination of 'Oh shit you're pregnant!? Let's get married'.
>>
>>29734221

On mobile, it's a pain. May in a bit.
>>
>>29734338
Same here. My parents were pretty much hippies
>>
File: image.gif (702 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
702 KB, 500x280
>>29734704
if you plan to, hurry up so this thread won't die
>>
>>29728863
Parents were okay. They were just overbearing and too overprotective. My mother is controlling. She literally babies me in everything. She thought I was absolutely perfect as the youngest in the family. Its had a major negative effect on my self esteem (when I make a mistake, I beat myself up calling myself stupid and worthless and ugly).
>>
File: 1467240933353.jpg (36 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1467240933353.jpg
36 KB, 657x527
>"Anon You can't go out you're too young!"
>"You can't party! you have to focus on your studies!"
>Missed all the parties and social events up to my 20th birthday
>"Anon Why don't you ever go out? Are you going to sit in here and waste your youth?"
>>
File: 1394478256308.png (83 KB, 584x700) Image search: [Google]
1394478256308.png
83 KB, 584x700
>>29735134
yes i also know that original feel
>>
File: 1466618355762.jpg (52 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
1466618355762.jpg
52 KB, 604x604
Feminist communist and narcissist single mother.
I was doomed from the start and I cut all contact with that dumb idiot.

Kept ranting about womens pay is low, how evil men are and NEVER gave me any life tips.
Instead I get constant nagging and critisism. It's more like I've been in a failing relationship with her(failing cause I weren't alpha) but she could/can never connect the dots.

I've lately realized foster care would 99% likely be better than shopping and slowly wilting by her crazy screams.

Totally worthless.. fairer sex but 0 self inspection, 0 thought. I hope she dies every day.

She thinks life's like a roller coaster now in the future, it worked splendid for her!
She got a great job, house and attention from the opposite sex. So as long as she had a short plan for how to raise me, a plan basicly involving school subjects and get him to read(that's all there is to life), then she did a good job!

Retarded cunt, fuck the zionist jews and fuck her.
>>
File: 1466809088088.png (44 KB, 658x662) Image search: [Google]
1466809088088.png
44 KB, 658x662
>"You can't play videogames or watch cartoons! you have to study and study to get an A++ on 3rd grade geography. Your entire CAREER depends on it!"

>Missed decades of life experience and social acclimatization for the sake of a worthless grade
>>
File: 1447788071150.png (688 KB, 460x628) Image search: [Google]
1447788071150.png
688 KB, 460x628
>"Mom? Dad? What is your retirement plan? "
>"Hahaha, You're it Anon."

>Suddenly realize that your parents raised you to be codependent on their approval, forcing you to be their economical support and emotional dump. Your own humanity was never in the equation.
>>
File: ha.png (411 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
ha.png
411 KB, 500x503
>tfw you were emotionally neglected as a child and two weeks ago you were diagnosed with avoidant personality disorder

Apparently most treatment is memetic but it's nice to know what the fuck is going on.
>>
>Dad was really busy with his company, I didn't like to be a bother because of all his work
>Mom was mental, never knew what would cause a shouting breakdown, could be her stubbing her toe or a box falling over
>Mostly spent my time reading because no kids in neighborhood, got made fun of for talking weird(only had old books)
>Mom would let me sign up for things like sports or clubs or classes then only take me to a third of the meetings at most, had no other way to get there
>Eventually grandparents needed a lot of care so I became more of an autistic feral child

Ironically, all sperginess was my fault. They signed me up for anti-tard classes despite me being low spectrum and actually took me to them all.
But I wish I didn't have to steal money to get food and that I had more ready access to meds and didn't have to build up an emergency stash. At least there was a grocery store that was easy to walk to unless it was icy, and there was a park down the street.
>>
>>29735493
I think they were just joking anon, parents say that sort of shit all the time.
>>
>>29735660
They sure aren't joking now that I'm their marriage counselor and I pay them $800 of rent to live in my own room.
>>
>>29735710
Why are you making things up on a Mongolian basket weaving enthusiast board anon?
>>
File: 1465811799407 (1).jpg (83 KB, 622x757) Image search: [Google]
1465811799407 (1).jpg
83 KB, 622x757
>>29735756
>His parents don't force him to pay rent

Why don't you go to the park and fuck some girls you fucking normalfaggot.
>>
>>29728863
I don't think most of us are the result of abuse or neglect. People from those situations usually end up being normies with 5+ kids by 21. We're more likely the result of mismatched genotypes/environments. Socially awkward men function best in highly technical, upper middle class cities, but most of us were raised in poverty and lack the normie genes needed to succeed when poor
>>
>>29735841
There's absolutely no reason why you'd be living with your parents if they're charging you that much rent, you could get your own place somewhere for that much.

There's also no way they'd pick you to be a marriage counselor for them, instead of a third party.
>>
File: 1461294968698.png (160 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1461294968698.png
160 KB, 500x370
>>29728863
My parents and I often got along but we constantly had arguments over absurdly trivial things. Sometimes I started them because I was a moody teenager, and sometimes they started them for whatever reason they wanted to be irrational and hysterical. Eventually, I often expected anger or frustration from others in situations that would infuriate my parents, but the reality was that the average person wouldn't be bothered by them.
I was also diagnosed with depression, but I'm not sure if I can completely justify it in terms of my relationship with those two, since I've read and heard true nightmare and sadness fuel of people with either sadistic parents or parents that ignored them. So I guess I'm just grateful that we're still on good terms.
>>
>>29728863
>>29729110
I can relate 100%.

>overprotective helicopter parents
>mandated curfews
>literally will call the cops on me if I'm not back by 6
>will either tell me some girl i'm literally just talking to is a slut or that I should get with her, constantly
>take away PC for a single bad grade even though it's my only source of entertainment
>if i'm away for more than an hour, they WILL call all my friends to find out where exactly I am and what I'm doing
>get a driver's license, graduate top of my class in driving school, over 200 confirmed parkings etc
>still not allowed a car
>about to graduate high school, I get my own house though admittedly it was with some of their money
>literally not allowed to go there even though they 'supported my choice'
>if I go there, I will get 24/7 phone calls

I just literally never introduce any new friends I get to them, avoid talking to them about anything serious or they'll assume I have cancer or some shit (they unironically say this EVERY TIME I JUST FUCKING SNEEZE) even though I haven't had fucking sex so it's impossible for me to even get warts.

And now? I'm a cyborg. I can appear as an alpha confident normie in public and mask my near-lack of social development during childhood largely because of shit I learned on my own. On occasion I'll go to parties and shit but I largely prefer my PC because its the only place where I can be without any overbearingness.
>>
this was more my mom than my dad. She was an overbearing paranoid religious nut.

>same as you, my parents treated me like a mindless retard that needed to be supervised and sheltered all the time over the fact that I was diagnosed with mild PDD-NOS
>thought anything that could even remotely be construed as a bad influence was going to corrupt me (wasn't allowed to read Calvin and Hobbes until grade 10)
>basically I lived under a rock growing up
>massive control issues
>caught me watching Happy Tree Friends in 9th grade, went into sobbing inconsolable hysterics, grounded for six long months
>thought that shoving Christianity down my throat was going to strengthen my faith and "give me a powerful testimony"
>it did the exact opposite
>mom has this recurring irrational fear that I'm going to die in my sleep
>I've woken up in the middle of the night multiple times to find her standing silently in my dark room staring at me
>makes me out to be a complete imbecile when gossiping about me to friends and family
>act like they're never in the wrong
>project their pride issues onto me
>for example they've always tried to do everything for me, and the instant I tell them I want to do something by myself, they think I have a pride issue.
>I'm not at all proud of who I am or how I turned out, all I want is to start being independent and be left alone
>can't usually have an appointment/conversation/interview/ordering food without one of them trying to get involved and acting like my agent
>had the mentality of "the more strict and authoritarian I am with my children, the better parent I am"
>more concerned about feeling and looking like a "responsible parent" than anything else

That's only the stuff off the top of my head right now. Whenever I tell people about this, they almost always give me the classic "they only care about you" or some other appeal to good intentions/authority, as if there are no lines that can possibly be crossed.
>>
>>29735046

Alright.

There's the extremely frequent doublespeak that caused me to doubt everyone and everything and timidly ask for directions multiple times and meekly obey instructions without so much as thinking about questioning them. I have to ask permission before doing anything or I feel extremely guilty and afraid.

Off of the top of my head,

>"Anon, your grades are just a letter. We love you no matter what."
>Immediately confiscated all of my possessions a single one of my grades ever so much as dropped below a B, shamed me in front of my extended family for being a lazy shit, and constantly spoke about how I would amount to nothing with those grades.

>"We pretty much let you live your own life, Anon. We try to be completely hands off."
>Demanded and forced involvement in literally anything I did, be it school, my few friendships, work, applying for uni, or basically anything.
>Was given basically no control over anything I did

>"Why don't you go out more, Anon? It's good for you to socialize!"
>"You'll never get anywhere in life if you just sit in your room all day"
>Go out literally one time with the one kid who will tolerate me in the entire school
>"Anon, what the fuck? You're never home, you never help around the house, and you never spend any time with us."
>"Are you doing drugs, Anon?"

cont.
>>
My folks where alright. My father was the worse case. Just an absolute wreck of a thing. Came into mother's life from hard drug abuse and from there alternated between drugs, drinking, jesus and more drinking. Never predictable his stance and attitudes toward things shifted on a near daily basis, I can still remember almost a dozen instances of being dragged out one arvo and told how shit was gonna change, how we'd be raised military only for the matter to vanish the next day.

This applied to everything. One day its "porn is fine" the next its "don't get caught" to "I'm going to make you watch granny porn because I had a bad day and you're exploring your sexuality" and the eggshells. He was the only one allowed emotions, if mum didn't want to talk he'd freak the fuck out and just rage around the house or sulk, but if you closed your door a little too loudly, made any face he could take exception to then it was on. Meanwhile of course my father had to get drink and scream along to crazy loud christian music or the fucking offspring.

I learned early on there was no point trying to talk to him. Sure he claimed to be willing to dispense advice, but when any question turned into a rambling speal about jesus and "respect" you tend to stop bothering. So I learned no lessons while he farted around and fell back on the "its my first time!" excuse for almost 20 years. He was also convinced that my mild autism where just something I did to piss him off. Because who doesn't love getting repeatedly chewed out for stress ticks? This was a common theme. He mumbles and I don;t hear so great- enter repeated accusations of ignoring him for sport.

By the time they split up I'd been his tampon on and off for months. Mother takes my little brother and moves hours away? I get to field every drunk call and cry. Until he has the nerve to tell me to fuck off one night. Today I don't talk to any of my family. They where far from terrible. The split just needed to happen sooner
>>
>>29736891

>Would forcefully confiscate anything I brought home that they thought would be a 'bad influence' on me, such as books that so much as mentioned atheism or drug use. This continued well into high school, even when I purchased these things with money I had earned.

>Would trap the few friends I had in the car when providing rides and interrogate them for over an hour and then tried to force us to stop being friends if they even slightly disliked any of the answers provided.

>Constantly twist, distort, and wildly misconstrue situations and words to fit their narrative when arguing with me

>Didn't let me talk to anyone else my age until I was 7, lived in a church for many of those years.

>Justify all of their actions with 'But some of my friends think I'm too light on you guys'

>Required curfews, even after HS graduation

>Constantly pressured me to bone my only friends, who were typically females since guys aren't going to befriend a soft crying pussy.

>Intentionally taught me how to drive incorrectly so as to prevent me from getting my licence

>Actually paid me to not have a job (Not an allowance - genuinely gave me cash on the condition that I didn't get a job)

>Actively encouraged me to get out of my shell while at the same time planting seeds of doubt about the intentions of literally everyone I knew, leading to me assuming the worst in everyone and being afraid to open up to people in real life

>Used the death of a kid I knew as a means to try to push religion on me again

>Spent most of my life forcing Christianity on me while claiming to have given me a choice

>Installed keyloggers on the computers that I owned (both of which I built myself with money that I had earned)

It's late and I'm tired so I don't know if I was clear or if I picked the best examples but fuck it

I know they caused it
I know they don't love me
I know I'm a massive fucking disappointment to them and that they blame me for ruining their dreams.
>>
>>29734565
kek'd, good post
>>
>>29728863
Damn. I really hope life has been a little easier for you anons since what you've been put through.
>>
>>29736891
>>29737271
Literally me in extended detail >>29736137

The only exception is the muh Jesus shit, and how do I figure out if I have keyloggers installed?
>>
>>29737917
fuck off original normie
>>
>>29732907
Damn. Keep going strong, man.
>>
>>29728863
actually i blame my cousins and the whole family for not getting a gf.

my 10/10 classmate visited me once to return my books i forgot in school my grandma found out and told the whole family and they kept making fun of me i was in 3rd grade back then it really affected me. but that was the beginning after that the girl gave me her address so i went to check her house my faggot cousin found out and told my other cousins( i think the faggot was jealous) after that would bully about it until middle school. it affected me to the point i distanced my self from the girls in school and i had trouble talking to them. i am 21 now and i just started get over it and talk to the girls.

thinking about the years i wasted because of them makes me pissed
>>
File: 1463563410014.jpg (6 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1463563410014.jpg
6 KB, 300x200
>>29728863
I think not learning how to ride a bike is what fucks robots.

>had traumatic childhood and trust issues
>dad tries to teach me how to ride bike
>i'm too nervous and fucked up to learn
>"okay son, i guess you don't have to"
>instead of learning that I can master a dangerous situation and explore the world I become a homebody robot

Seriously, teach your kids to ride a bike.

I feel really bad for parents because it's so easy to fuck kids up. I don't even know though, maybe I was just born fucked.
>>
>>29738298
>I feel really bad for parents because it's so easy to fuck kids up. I don't even know though, maybe I was just born fucked.
It's also easy to not make a kid in the first place IF YOU CAN STAND THE SENSATION HAVING SEX THROUGH A RUBBER THOUGH I GUESS COME TO THINK OF IT IT REALLY IS A DAMNED IF YOU DO DAMNED IF YOU DONT SITUATION
>>
>father was a deadbeat drug lord
>mother was a roastie that left us
>lived in poverty
>brother is addicted to drugs
>now in jail
>my sister left us
>my other sister committed suicide a while back
>grandmother is very old and can't take care of us
>have two little siblings which get on my nerves
>dropped out of school to work
>wagecuck

I wish I was dead like my sister
>>
>>29728863
I know almost all of those feels op.
Parents never taught me how to ride a bike because they gave up when I had a temper tantrum the first time when I was like 5. Mom never taught me how to tie my shoes or any knot because her sister tried to hang herself. I too have the adhd.
>>
I think I had a really strange childhood.
>Single father raising me, basically John Winchester of a man

>Special forces green beret
>Thinks his only child will grow to be a warrior
>Taught me to clean and disassemble various firearms at age 6
>Would "wrestle" with me, which were 30 minute beatings where he would use all my pressure points until I couldn't walk
>Take me into the city, blindfold me, drive around, then make me navigate back to the starting point.
>Fucking survival tests in the woods near our property where he would harass me with various things while I tried to forage and shelter.
>Thought girls were a bad influence on me
>Never watched cartoons or kid shows, literally started me off with old war movies and the history channel.
>Moved around a lot, some places had kids, most didn't. And couldn't really play with them much.
>Literal military physical training as a child.
>Didn't have kids books, gave me engineering manuals and chemistry books
>Told to funnel my creative energies into making things in the woodworking/metal shop of a garage.
>Would leave for 3 weeks or more at a time and get a nanny to stay with me, we rotated them a lot because most couldn't handle my father.

>At 17 I went to live with my mother across the country and go to college
>he died a couple years ago and I'm still learning new things about him, he was pretty much an enigma to me aside from a trainer.

>Now I'm more or less a normie, but most people don't like me because I have far too much Bundy or Kacynski knowledge and a fatalist view on the world. Can't relate to people talking about their childhood or things like that. The 90s kid meme is totally lost on me.
Never did go military like he wished. Now considering private security overseas (read: blackwater).

I'm basically /k/'s wet dream of a childhood.
>>
parents never cared about me that much, treated me like someone renting out a room.

they got divorced when I was about 10 and it just got even more distant. I wouldn't call it neglect we just didn't talk. I relied on them for rides up until I got a license and then it was just living arrangements. I loved it at the time but I'm sure it was a bad thing.

once I became a teenager I started being different to other kids and I was a complete hermit by the age of 17. I would go to school/work then come home and play guitar/read/use my computer. I paid for everything besides a roof and insurance(my mom would always eat out or make weird shit).

I've really just always seen them as acquaintances and I'm made to feel guilty about it for some reason. the summer before I left my mom started getting really upset like she just remembered I'm her kid and she began regretting not having a relationship with me. but by then I'd lived with her long enough to realise that her and her friends were all overly judgemental and and generally unpleasant people.

I do think they contributed to my problems with others but I'm not a total sociopath. I've been extremely close with a couple people(one of them romantic) and had terribly strong feelings regarding them but with me there's a wall to be broken and it's difficult to do and it's really all or nothing. at the time being I don't care about a single person and not a single person cares about me. my life is just pure hedonistic emptiness and I don't cherish anything.

so I guess just being a "cool parent" while allowing your kid to socially isolate themselves isn't good.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.