[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's it like to have no friends? i've only spent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: rare3.gif (1 MB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
rare3.gif
1 MB, 499x499
what's it like to have no friends? i've only spent one year completely friendless and it was hell, how do you deal with this at an adult age without going insane?
>>
>>29726417
You basically just end up losing your mind fairly slowly
>>
>one year
Fucking casual.
>without going insane?
You do and it's not that bad. Cute chinese cartoons alleviate the suffering greatly. When that doesn't work you turn to drugs and when that stops working then probably suicide since you'll be old and start getting sick by then.
>>
You either go literally insane or you slowly lose more and more of your humanity to cope. Eventually you end up as a soulless husk that barely feels anything at all.

On the bright side being without friends for an extended period makes you a stronger person in general, but its not worth the cost.
>>
You don't.

I am 21 and haven't had friends in even the loosest sense of the word since I was 17, and even in my teens my "friends" were just a few guys I would talk to at school. I never did anything with them outside of school.

I don't want to live this way and I can tell it is affecting me negatively but it is hard to change.
>>
DELETE YOUR FACEBOOK IF YOU HAVE ONE.
I have been friendless my whole life until 07' up until 2012 and those years were the best of my life. I moved again and got fat and couldn't hold a job anymore and looking at old photos or friends made me depressed. I drink a lot now and just drive around town whenever i'm bored.. sometimes eating out helps but thats it. i hate it.. I felt normal for a few years and it was beautiful
>>
You forget what its like to have friends. Slowly but surely, the concept becomes foreign to you. Doing things alone become the baseline. You don't really feel a part of the world everyone you see outside must be a part of. You still have to put up that facade of belonging though, but it becomes a conscious effort to blend in to survive, every little social cue analyzed to keep people from finding out.

Sometimes you yearn for someone to just reach out to. It's almost a physical feeling, with a surety that if you stretched out for something tangible to just confide in, it should be there. But it's not. It doesn't feel so good at times like this. To cope, sometimes you talk to yourself, sometimes out loud. Sometimes you haven't talked to someone else for so long you forget how to talk and just talking to yourself is a rediscovery of things like how you sound.

I tried feeling lonely a few days ago and i couldn't for a bit. It wasn't that i felt content, but i had been so isolated for so long with no one to spend time with or really open up to that id seemingly kept on brushing it off whenever my thoughts strayed to it.
>>
File: 1455380892675.png (30 KB, 747x491) Image search: [Google]
1455380892675.png
30 KB, 747x491
What's the next level in insanity? I've been friendless and alone through all my life, im 29 now and it's starting to take a toll on my mental health. The problem is since so many people here are fucked up yet have at least a pair of friends I feel like I can't relate anymore to the last people I could ever relate to. Anime, vidya, chans, all that has lost its effect on me. Im scared, tell me it's all going to be daijoubu.
>>
And after seven years of no friends, social interaction for me is now hiding what i am. I derive joy from nothing bad happening, from people not examining me closely and finding out how horrible i am. I can admit solely to myself that i desperately want someone to accept me for who i am, for me to feel comfortable with, to learn how to enjoy the company of another again but i find it completely impossible and do the opposite when i interact with another person.

I feel inadequate, vulnerable, inferior, broken, faulty. Things that i have to hide and never let anyone know about. I keep people at arms length, careful about what i say so they don't infer the worst and when the opportunity comes to get to know someone better i run and make excuses because i don't want to hurt like that again.
>>
>>29726517
this is very similar to how i feel.
>>
Basically you have a lot of spare time - but due to the fact that you dont balance that spare time out with a social life, you don't want to do anything and are in a constant state of shitty fucking apathy, even worse, things that used to be fun start to become shitty, like video games, playing guitar, even something as regular as watching TV. It all slowly starts to fucking bore you to death while you just wish you had something to do, then you remember and regret all the times you ignored your friends when they wanted to go out because "lol muh shit videogames" Eventually you're forced to try a new thing - i just bought a a set of drums, but like with jogging ill get bored of it fast, before again descending into boredom and aparthy in a fucking cycle that never ends.

Kill me over and over lads
>>
>>29727079
>>29727045
>>29727011
>>29726950
>>29726755
>>29726612
>>29726564
>>29726517
>>29726514
>>29726492
i would take you out for chicken tendies and a movie
>>
I found God which was pretty nice/surprising. Started reading theology because everything else was boring. Worth it.

Bad thing is that you see all the corruption in everything, constantly your faith is tested.
>>
Its not that bad as an adult. When I was in high school I had tons of friends, still wasn't happy. Only thing friends would help me with right now is getting a gf because my social circle would actually be a thing. A grown ass man isn't supposed to have "friends", as far as I am concerned its every man for himself in this world. These guys act like friends with each other until a hot girl enters the group, then they start shitting on each other. So what is the point? Fuck friends, I just want a girlfriend and some money.
>>
Did it for about a year and a half. Hands down the worst time of my life. I got a job and met people my own age and it all changed. Wouldn't wish being friendless on my worst enemy.
>>
I hate every aspect of my life.
>>
As other have said, you don't. I've always been friendless though so maybe I'm worse off.

I think the mental issues depend on the person though, I started off spacing out and daydreaming all the time, which eventually spiraled into tulpamancy involving another iteration of me from my childhood. This was long before /mlp/ jump-started it up as a meme so I had no idea what I was doing. It sorta screamed at me a lot at first but eventually mellowed out. Now it's just another me because duh, it was based off of me. Shoulda saw that coming. The only wisdom I had was that I half-assed it and it never manifested in the physical realm, only in my head. It takes over when I get pissed enough I can't focus and control it.

I was generally apathetic to having friends during that time but I kept reflecting on my life and how much of a failure I was so it kept reflecting and reflecting until my failures become mentally crippling enough that I snap and return to apathy.

Usually it spikes up when people remind me of how much of a failure I am. You guys are alright but my family are shits about it. They want what is best for me but I'm just not capable of playing catch-up for 23 years of social rejection/exclusion and isolation.
>>
>>29727311
good friends can be like siblings, im a single child but i've been with a group of friends for 10 years now and they're like brothers to me

good friends are extremely rare though
>>
>>29726417
>only spent one year completely friendless
You get used to it
>>
>I have just one friend who is also a robot

thats all you need anons, just get one...
>>
You either get used to the isolation or you kill yourself, I have no friends but I manage, lots of hobbies and I can talk to my mom whenever so that helps. If you have a job that helps a lot too since you'll have a chance to actually talk to people who have to listen. I don't know how the NEETs with no friends or family manage to do it.
>>
First he was very angry. At myself, at society. I just couldn't understand what have i done to become friendless.
Now i just don't care. You get used to it. That's what makes us humans after all. We can change and adpat to almost every circumstance and scenarios.
The fact is that all my former friends don't say nothing, unless i do it. I stopped caring and them as well.
People only call me when they needed something in exchange from me. I was never arround people because they liked me. That's the conclusion i have reached.
>>
File: 1402559523808.jpg (62 KB, 640x779) Image search: [Google]
1402559523808.jpg
62 KB, 640x779
>tfw going back to college
>going to be years without friends most likely
i will probably go fucking insane going through 6-8 hour long days each day without any friends... but i really want to get a college degree. fuck i hate this
>>
>>29726517
Yup. The one "super power" you get from it is that peer pressure means nothing to you anymore. Oh shit, you're gonna ostracize me? Oh nooo.

It is a hard road to walk though. Not everyone should do it. I don't think it'd be healthy for society as a whole if everyone did do it. Even if you're not the type for suicidal ideation, it can sneak up on you when things are bad given a long enough period of time. Pretty scary.
>>
>>29726417
>how do you deal with this at an adult age without going insane?
Easily.
>>
>"friends" have been irritating me for months
>school ends
>uni begins at the end of summer
>will never have to see them again
>remove self from group chat
>delete all friends on facebook
>deactivate account
I'm about to find out. I just hope they don't come to my house with questions.
>>
>>29728629
>Oh shit, you're gonna ostracize me? Oh nooo.
Fucking this. It's basically the dark side of the confidence meme the normies spout.
>>
File: 1928-Hot-Dog-Hat-large.jpg (32 KB, 600x581) Image search: [Google]
1928-Hot-Dog-Hat-large.jpg
32 KB, 600x581
>>29726417
I have been friendless for about 4 years now and its torture. Just when you start becoming numb to the pain, something happens, someone accidentally smiles or touches your hand and you become obsessed with remembering that moment. The next day you go out having expectations, hoping that something as magical as that would happen again, but it doesn't. Then you come home feeling anguish and tormented. You just want some human interaction but instead you get just one instant of it to tease you for a few weeks before you forget about it and go back to having no hope or feelings.
>>
>>29728830
The worst part is that tiny sliver of interaction wasn't even intentional by the other person. They where just doing it every day and it just happened to affect you. Then you come home and fantasize about that moment for hours, dreaming about how that moment could've progressed, how it will progress tomorrow, but it doesn't. Nothing happens the next day and you come back feeling crushed.
>>
>>29726417
I've been like that for ten years, since I was about 14.
Get used to it. What you need to do is realize how terrible people are, and how little a fuck you have to give once you give up on other people.
>Tfw people like you think being friendless for one year is anything special
Wow. Somebody needs a reality check.
>>
File: 1467149708308.jpg (60 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1467149708308.jpg
60 KB, 640x640
are you niggers serious? what a bunch of babies I haven't had friends for 4 years even online. It's not fucking bad. man the fuck up pussies
>>
>one year friendless
>it was hell

lmao, I've not had a friend (realife or online) since I was 13. I'm 20 soon to be 21 in a few months.
>>
>>29727011
I didn't want to feel these feels.
>>
>>29728751
This is basically exactly what I did anon

I completely stopped talking to everyone I interacted with in or before high school

10/10 would recommend. Life is comfiest without friends, don't have to go anywhere or worry about anything
>>
I've been friendless for close to six years. I don't think I'm going insane. At this point I can barely remember what it was like to have friends. It's hard for me to imagine making friends in the future, and without some serious work and luck I don't think I'll ever re-gain that ability. If that qualifies as "going insane", then I guess I am, but I don't think that's right.
>>
>>29726417
I made friends with the ducks.
>>
>>29729536
>I don't think I'm going insane
This
What the fuck are all these anons talking about? Life without friends is basically exactly the same as life with friends

Even if I was completely isolated from others I doubt I would go insane as long as I was occupied
>>
>>29729585
Depends on the environment and how the people handle it. A lot of times relatives will shit all over you if they find out you don't go to outings like a normal person so it becomes a constant complaint. Combine that with not really going anywhere and it just echoes.
>>
Dealing with that now, moved across the city and most friends aren't even in my state anymore anyway. It's weird, people really can't fathom that people live like I do. I just go home and sit in my apartment, I don't know what else to do. I remember my grandma gave me a table and two cups and she offered me two more cups in case I ever had a date and another couple over and it was just like, I literally haven't had another person in my apartment in the year I've had it.
>>
>>29729127
>>29729536
>>29729585
Try your entire life like im sure many people ITT have. I never had actual friends but at least in HS I had someone to lunch and crack jokes with. That was 10 years ago, all my uni years before dropping out were spent alone and now that my mom died it's been 3 years of little to zero real life human contact, trust me it does mess you up, hell my voice has noticeably changed since then since I go too many days without saying a single word, lately i've even found myself regularly making conversations with myself in my mind and Im afraid of it scalating into some schyzophrenic shit. 29 now by the way.
>>
>>29729716
tfw throat aches when talking because you've been silent for weeks
>>
>>29726417
i did it last year, no friends in person but a few online. it felt bad but i can't bring myself to care about making new friends enough to go do it.

right now i live with family but when i go back to uni ill be doing it again.
>>
I've had no friends going on about a year now.

Had friends in college and it was fun. Always something to do with someone. Always had a purpose every day.

Since graduating, our social group kind of went our separate ways. One moved back home. One has a wife who is pregnant. One has a big job.

I work at a 40 hour a week job in an office with old people, so I don't have much of an outlet to replace my last social circle. The only hobbies I can do in my free time now are ones that are doable (or socially acceptable) to do by myself, so a lot of it is just sitting at home doing various things.

Feels bad.
>>
Have there always been people this fucked up or is there something wrong with contemporary society?
>>
>>29729832
Same.

>>29730127
On one hand internet makes it easier than ever to interact with others no matter how ugly, disfigured and overall disgusting you are in contrast to back then when the lonely like us probably lived in complete and bleak solitude as in truly fucking alone.

On the other hand back then life wasn't as easy as it is now so people were forced to work/move or die, they simply didn't have time for feeling depressed.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 240x180
I just spent the 4th of July in a forest by myself. now im drinking alone in an empty apartment playing garrys mod. i just keep wasting my days.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.