[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I a bad person for wanting people to fail? Like I get happy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 1466705330704.jpg (852 KB, 2396x3991) Image search: [Google]
1466705330704.jpg
852 KB, 2396x3991
Am I a bad person for wanting people to fail? Like I get happy when something bad happens to my friends. I get jealous and secretly hate if something really good happens to my friends.
What is this called and why am I like this? Is this a normal human emotion.
>>
ASPD. Look it up, you have it.
>>
>>29724188
I find I'm in the best moods when everyone else isn't. I think I just want people to fall to my level of misery and failure.
>>
File: Just_fuck_my_dog_up.jpg (81 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
Just_fuck_my_dog_up.jpg
81 KB, 604x453
>>29724188
Hmmm I thought that was how everyone felt, like survival of thr fitness or something. I guess not tho >>29724257
>>
>>29724257
Just wiki'd it and I really doubt I have this. I still care about others and stuff and have feelings. Maybe I don't have these feelings towards friends, but say if a family member died I would feel sad.I would also feel sad if my ex-gf died, (the only person I was ever able to open up to). I just feel good when the people around me fail or going through hard times and I like hanging out with them. Also I don't break laws or was ever good at lieing, but I do enjoy a little anarcy here and there. I'm also fearful of stuff too. idk...
>>
>>29724188
No, you're just a normal human being. Everybody does it.
>>
>>29724188
Sounds like an inferiority complex
>>
>>29724188
I think everyone on the planet is secretly like that.
>>
I seem to be a nice person on the surface but I feel what you feel OP.
I cant get enough of human suffering while its in the moment.

Im only jealous of my friends having fathers otherwise I dont care what good fortune comes their way/ I'll just mooch what I want from it anyway.
>>
>>29724876
Deep down that is who you really are: a petty, envious, piece of shit. You can pretend to deny it but you've exposed yourself already. You're a sack of shit, seeing your friends and family should make you glad but instead you can only wish for their happiness to be taken away. You're such a sad person, you've never and will ever experience true happiness.
>>
>>29724188

If you can't explain it, it may simply be schadenfreude.

> Example of "reason":
> I knew a dude whose mother would always compare to me for my success at school
> "Why aren't you like Wizard, you should work harder"
> Needless to say, he was happy when I finally failed at life

I know of it because he confessed to me years later. Not that I took offense, I would have been angry too. Asian tiger mums are a curse.
>>
>>29724979
Yea, so do you think I have ASPD?
>>
>>29724893
No. They don't. Everyone who goes do this tells themselves that to excuse themselves from feeling self-disgust about it, though.

But I'll give you this much: like tending to attract like socially, such people do tend to congregate in hordes - to the point where they may honestly not be that aware that there are plenty of others out there differing in this respect, just due to never personally encountering any of them all that much.
>>
I don't desire anybody's failure but I'm envious as fuck so I can somewhat relate
>>
>>29724188
Life is thoroughly a competition, especially for males. Seeing others fail naturally puts you in a better position.
>>
>>29725064
Not often actually the case. "No man is an island", as the saying goes. Competitive, uber-alpha-types usually want to stand at the top of a patronage-pyramid of people who are also very talented and successful, understand well that they could not do without their subordinates, and will prefer to make mutually respected peers or loyal vassals rather than enemies out of those outside their pyramid.

Even when enmity between such people occurs, there's often no pleasure to be had in seeing an enemy with whom you've developed a complex, if antagonistic, relationship succumb to random misfortune. Take Caesar's murderous fury at the shameful betrayal and slaughter of Pompeius in Egypt, despite the fact that these two men were at war with one another at the time for the future of the world as they knew it, and each fully intended on taking the other's life.

However popular it may be in the modern world to aggrandize petty opportunism, no one lacking the know-how to make both himself and others successful is likely to get all that far.
>>
>>29725603
>"No man is an island"
Anyone that says or believes this is a worthless human.
>>
File: disagreement-hierarchy.jpg (106 KB, 1028x516) Image search: [Google]
disagreement-hierarchy.jpg
106 KB, 1028x516
See image, organelle content .
>>
>>29725603
Not even gonna bother reading. Read up on some basic evolutionary biology and philosophy in general. Takes a special kind of ignorance to believe this existence is anything but a competition and struggle until death.
>>
>>29724979
damn you're being a little harsh don't you think. they're called disorders because you can't change them you know?
>>
>>29725717
Not that it really matters if you didn't even read my post because it set off some knee-jerk, word-association reaction in your brain that made you suspect you would disagree with it, but that was essentially my point. The people who win that competition are coalitions of talented and accomplished people who know how to organize things so that as many others as possible see the advantages to themselves of playing for their team, or at least not trying to oppose them if they can't accept joining them.
>>
>>29725823
This one is unoficially called "piece of shit disorder"

best to end it, since there's no cure
>>
>>29725871
you still sound mad as fuck over someone being open about their negative traits and trying to get help. maybe you need to be more empathetic
>>
>>29724188
In my country almost everyone thinks like that and they don't even hide the fact.
>>
>>29726091
Are you somewhere in the Balkans?
>>
File: 1450566982222.png (318 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1450566982222.png
318 KB, 480x480
yes it's a bad thing, no it's not normal
>>
>>29724188
You are broken, Google Arno grun, he can help.
>>
File: 1398096472524.jpg (90 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
1398096472524.jpg
90 KB, 300x360
Why did it have to happen to me.
>>
just an asshole. misery likes company.
>>
>>29724188

I don't think so, OP. I feel jealous sometimes too, but I certaintly wouldn't wish for a reversal of fortune.

That kind of joyful malice should be reserved for your enemies or people who had it comin.
>>
>>29724188
I noticed I do this too recently but honestly who fucking cares as long as you don't actually try to sabotage them, just don't tell anybody in real life.
>>
>>29724188
Yes. You're a dick.
>>
>>29724188
I'm a mother ducking robkt
>>
>>29729000
OP here. I've actually tried to sabotage friends and the likes before, but only through words. Sometimes it's through mis information or by revealing something I shouldn't have to someone or intentionally giving bad advice. I really don't know what's wrong with me.
>>
Then they're not really your friends. You don't see yourself on the same team as them and you prolly compare yourself to others a lot.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.