[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't fool yourselves, it doesn't get better. >be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 436334.jpg (162 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
436334.jpg
162 KB, 709x765
Don't fool yourselves, it doesn't get better.

>be me
>enjoy programming as a young boy
>parents push me to monetize it as soon as physically possible
>my hobby becomes my job at the age of 13
>work extremely hard my entire childhood to build a good resume while i'm still young
>never develop social skills due to extreme work ethic and lack of free time
>never develop any other hobbies due to a lack of free time
>continue into adulthood
>able to work at a fledgling business as its only employee as soon as i get out of high school
>work even harder than before
>48+ hour work days often
>no weekends
>no holidays
>no time to even get a thought about myself in edgewise
>parents are so proud of me for my accomplishments
>don't feel anything
>somewhere along the line a friend manages to hook me up with some girl that's really naive due to her wealthy upbringing
>dumb as a bag of rocks but loyal
>dates are extremely rare due to work
>try to convince myself this is a good thing but it makes me feel emptier inside
>the sex makes me feel even emptier
>eventually stop having sexual urges altogether
>try to pursue christianity in an attempt to give me a reason to keep going
>it works for a while
>i meet some genuine people
>feel something other than apathy for once
>the illusion fades the more i think about my situation
>seems like a vain attempt to try and cover up the meaninglessness with hopeful anecdotes
>nothing anyone has told me about happiness has been true before
>why would this be true
>abandon the church
>return to the grind
>get married
>get a house
>have a kid on the way
>be 26
>have christian morals with no faith
>a job that's still sucking you dry but not as much
>a wife that loves you but is dumb as dirt
>tfw you have everything you were told you should want but you're still a walking corpse

Just end it all before you manage to convince yourself suicide is a sin. It will save you a life of meaningless pain and isolation.
>>
This is why you stop giving a fuck and do whatever the fuck you want. Everyone expects everything of you, so give them nothing.
>>
Thats what you get for falling for the Christcuck meme.
>2016
>believing in a fairy sky man
>>
>>29723813
I don't even know what I want to do with myself anymore. I have no interest. I have no hobbies. Everything I try to do on my own accord just bores me. The only thing I know how to do is attempt to satisfy others with my actions.

I'm too far down this shithole to try it anyways, why bother.

>>29723830
The christcucking was only fuel to the fire, the issue is deeper than that.
>>
>>29724008

It's obvious that you fucked up and I'd tell you to take responsibility for this mistake, but it doesn't sound like it matters to you. If divorce and all that isn't an option, I suppose you could move to another country and cut off all contact with everyone you know.
>>
How much money do you have saved up? Why don't you invest it and then quit your job, take some time off until you figure out what you really wanna do??'
>>
>>29724060
not OP but what actually involves taking responsibility for a mistake?
I know my life is shit because I've fucked up many times, but that doesn't get me anywhere.
>>
>>29724134

Can't really speak because I have no experience, but I'd say OP's situation is sort of special.

I mean, I tend to look at other people making mistakes and learn how not to like that. But yeah, as far as mistakes go, if you make one you make sure you don't repeat it.
If you fuck up and end up making a mistake that might cost your life, you would seriously consider not making that same mistake again. If only every mistake was punished by death.

But no, that's the first time I've recommended someone take responsibility for a supposed mistake, but that's because OP might end up just adding another single mother to society. Just avoid making mistakes at all.
>>
>>29723830
it could be worse. Imagine if he stayed an atheist, I mean at least he still has something left
>>
>>29724008
I know this may sound like it goes against everything you've been taught, but take psychedelics, we've lost a lot of connection with ourselves in a money driven, material object society that's obvious, everything is mentally fucked and you've woken up. You realize the job, the wife, the kids, the religion is all baloney you know there's more. Do whatever you're well being pleases, don't be a slave to anyone anymore you've probably got enough saved up anyway. Start low on psychedelics then work your way up if you wish to find yourself there.
>>
>>29723752
The solution to your problem has been the same all along, and its still the same now. Whilst Christianity has improved my life a lot, it cannot be all you have.
All you need to do and all you ever need to do is find something you enjoy, and the rest just comes naturally. Dont even consider what other people will think about it, just do something that'll make you happy. It can be as big as finding a hobby to do in your spare time like playing games or sports, or as quick and easy a solution as just getting absolutely hammered.
>>
>>29724421

What does he have? Morals? Do you know what the societies of this day and age do to those with morals?
>>
>>29723752

You need to work less. Job is killing you. You sound like you have the money, look into buying some investment properties and hire someone to manage them. Stick with job for a while, rinse and repeat process with buying investment properties until they provide enough rental income for you to survive without the job, then dump job, retire early, and pray like hell that the wife does not divorce you and take it all away.
>>
>>29723752
can somebody explain this Pepe?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.